PDA

View Full Version : Golvern Immolation Sword

bubbauno
08-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Selling one of the wickedest blades in the lands..

a heavy golvern longsword/ a flaming heavy golvern longsword
Acid immolation longsword..
Flares on every hit.
UNDodgeable "wave" attack capable of killing anyone including GMs!

You swing a flaming heavy golvern longsword at an Ithzir seer!
AS: +628 vs DS: +408 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +3 = +264
... and hit for 93 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the Ithzir seer without a left leg!
An Ithzir seer falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
*** The green flames surrounding the heavy golvern longsword strike the Ithzir seer with a gruesome burst!
... 60 points of damage!
Spray of acid reduces the forearm to gelatin.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

You wave a flaming heavy golvern longsword at an Ithzir seer.
Fearsome streams of magical fire explode from the weapon, savagely immolating the seer!
... 50 points of damage!
Acid burns a hole through the left hip causing severe bleeding!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Anyone interested contact me at bubbauno@aol.com or at bubbauno on AIM.

Thanks,
Tsin

DeV
08-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Is this the sword that doesn't have any level requirement to wield on top of being able to crit anyone regardless of how many levels they are over you?

Gan
08-09-2005, 03:35 PM
What enchant?

08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bubbauno

Wrong. That's just your typical sales pitch of avoiding the truth at all costs. I've had multiple folks try to kill me with those things, and it's never worked :D

Padded armor > immolation blades

hectomaner
08-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Wrong. That's just your typical sales pitch of avoiding the truth at all costs. I've had multiple folks try to kill me with those things, and it's never worked :D

Padded armor > immolation blades

does that make it not capable of killing though?

Shonison
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I also believe they have limitations on how many times they can be used in a day. Nevertheless, they are incredible tools for player assasination if you have haste. Most GM's, who know what they are doing, make their NPC's immune to these weapons.

StrayRogue
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
They've been nerfed so much. They used to be awesome weapons. Still cool now though.

Iqxero
08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
I used to have the shortsword of these, it was nice.

I never figured out entirely how they work, but the shortsword I had was 2x, but anybody could hold it and it scaled the enchantment to the max you could hold up to +10. It had something like 50 charges, it would restore 1 charge every 10 minutes it wasn't on fire, or 1 charge every 2 or 3 it was on fire. you had to raise it to light it, and that took a charge, and then it would "refill" faster from there, and it took 5 charges or so to wave it at an enemy, and a charge every time you hit with it.

Great sword, sorry I sold the one I used to have, and I'm sure I got less for it then Tsin will for his, heh.

08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
[i]Originally posted by hectomaner
does that make it not capable of killing though?

I suppose it's possible, but I've only seen it attempted.

Regardless, he's trying to use that as a selling point of the blade, and it doesn't give an accurate description of the weapon's abilities.

DeV
08-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Iqxero
I used to have the shortsword of these, it was nice.

I never figured out entirely how they work, but the shortsword I had was 2x, but anybody could hold it and it scaled the enchantment to the max you could hold up to +10. It had something like 50 charges, it would restore 1 charge every 10 minutes it wasn't on fire, or 1 charge every 2 or 3 it was on fire. you had to raise it to light it, and that took a charge, and then it would "refill" faster from there, and it took 5 charges or so to wave it at an enemy, and a charge every time you hit with it.

Great sword, sorry I sold the one I used to have, and I'm sure I got less for it then Tsin will for his, heh. This is the one I was thinking about. The short sword based one which I did hear was really fucking nice.

Numbers
08-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I have one of the original immolaters, the crimson imflass that flares fires.

They got nerfed hard a long while ago. Had their wave charges reduced to, like, a quarter of what they used to be.

A certain multi-accounter was using haste + immo's to kill GM characters and otherwise be obnoxious. They were nerfed shortly after.

They're still neat, though, especially if you can get a stun with one of the waves. And they still flare on each swing, even if it's out of wave charges (at least, I think it does... I don't swing mine that often since I have, like, a 40 second roundtime.)

Doyle Hargraves
08-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Selling one of the wickedest blades in the lands..

a heavy golvern longsword/ a flaming heavy golvern longsword
Acid immolation longsword..
Flares on every hit.

You swing a flaming heavy golvern longsword at an Ithzir seer!
AS: +628 vs DS: +408 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +3 = +264
... and hit for 93 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the Ithzir seer without a left leg!
An Ithzir seer falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
*** The green flames surrounding the heavy golvern longsword strike the Ithzir seer with a gruesome burst!
... 60 points of damage!
Spray of acid reduces the forearm to gelatin.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

You wave a flaming heavy golvern longsword at an Ithzir seer.
Fearsome streams of magical fire explode from the weapon, savagely immolating the seer!
... 50 points of damage!
Acid burns a hole through the left hip causing severe bleeding!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Anyone interested contact me at bubbauno@aol.com or at bubbauno on AIM.

Thanks,
Tsin

Don't forget to include the part about how it runs out of charges, and how long it takes to regain those charges.

An uninformed person might think you can just wave it forever for nonstop pwnage.

bubbauno
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I wear incredible crit padded plate and have adequate redux and the immolation has killed me on several occasions.. So yes it can kill anyone.

08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I wear incredible crit padded plate and have adequate redux and the immolation has killed me on several occasions.. So yes it can kill anyone.

Wrong again. First of all redux has absolutely nothing to do with defense against that kind of attack, so why you even mention it is beyond me.

Secondly, you standing around letting someone wave an immolation sword at you as many times as they like until they get an open roll DOES NOT MEAN the sword can kill anyone.

It's possible that you could honestly say "This sword can kill anyone in game provided they are AFK and don't do anything".

Sean of the Thread
08-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Wrong again. First of all redux has absolutely nothing to do with defense against that kind of attack, so why you even mention it is beyond me.

Secondly, you standing around letting someone wave an immolation sword at you as many times as they like until they get an open roll DOES NOT MEAN the sword can kill anyone.

It's possible that you could honestly say "This sword can kill anyone in game provided they are AFK and don't do anything".

hehehehHEHEHEHHEEHEH.

bubbauno
08-11-2005, 03:01 AM
CB is 45m to Loreus

bubbauno
08-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Sold!