PDA

View Full Version : What were they thinking?

Caramia
10-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Just a place to post bad "looks" that make you wonder what the person was thinking when they created this ensemble or theme.

You see Desdemia Swordmane the Witch.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She appears to be in the prime of life and tall. She has thick platinum lashes framing bewitching moonlight-silver eyes and dusky skin. She has very long, shimmering platinum hair streaked with raven black and twisted into elaborate waves that fall nearly to her ankles. She has a delicate face and slightly upswept pointed ears. She has a voluptuous physique with soft curves leading down to her long, well-toned legs.
She has a tattoo of a dark thorn-wrapped athame on her hip, a black raven tattoo on her thigh, and a tattoo of a dark raven clutching a silver pentagram in its taloned claws on her ankle.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a tiny silver rune-etched locket, a single dark crystal pentagram suspended from a thin platinum circlet, a blackened platinum raven, a delicate deathstone pentagram etched with runic symbols suspended from a silver link chain, a deathstone engagement ring, a blackened platinum manacle, a vaalorn-edged ebon witch's harness clasped with a flawless deathstone pentagram, a rune-etched black Faendryl robe, some snug raven-hued leathers, a gossamer moonlight-hued blouse with delicate ravens sewn around the neckline, a raven-black velvet purse, a raven-patterned moonlight silver brocade gem pouch stitched with vaalin thorned vines, a low-slung pentagram-linked platinum waistchain with tiny deathstone ravens suspended from each link, some moonlight silver silk leggings with vaalin-threaded thorny vines wrapping sinuously around the legs, and some silver glass slippers dusted with sparkling crushed deathstones.

Could she look more redundant? I love the stockings, they resemble varicose veins to me. Can we say she's apparently evil? -- NOT!

Adhara
10-01-2003, 01:51 AM
what stockings? you mean the leggings?

Caramia
10-01-2003, 03:49 AM
Oh yeah, meant the leggings. I still see varicose veins when I try to imagine leggings with thorny vines on them.

Must be a new Elanthian birth control device. I can't imagine wrapping those around someone while in the throes of lovemaking. Ouch.

HarmNone
10-01-2003, 07:23 AM
Gah! It is a replay of "The Birds"! Run for your lives!

HarmNone waxing facetious :D

Artha
10-01-2003, 04:48 PM
I'm keeping this open, because let's face it, there are people who look really, really stupid. I think we should mock them.

However, this isn't Gemstone Complaints, so please keep it on topic, and to a minimum.

Betheny
10-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey, now. What's wrong with thorns? Take a gander at this.

a deep crimson thorn-entwined corselet

>l cors
The hardened leather corselet is molded into a more feminine shape, yet some of the sharp angles cast doubt upon its comfort. The sides are laced with thongs of shadowy leather threaded through vultite eyelets. Twisting vines of copper set with chips of garnets and shattered pearls, entwine around the front and back of the armor. Despite the decorative nature of the metallic vines, a dark sanguine gleam edging some of their jagged thorns suggests that these ornaments have snagged their share of flesh.

AnticorRifling
10-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I sold her that armor.

Caramia
10-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Nothing's wrong with thorns when done tastefully and placed somewhere that makes sense.

Betheny
10-03-2003, 07:54 AM
No, you sold me the armor and then I had it changed from the ugliness t hat was the armor, to that. :P

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!

the armor does rock though.

Artha
10-04-2003, 01:03 PM
An ancient mithril warshield.
This warshield is intricately etched to appear like a spiderweb. In the center of the warshield is a large crest depicting the image of a nightmarish drake intertwining with the symbol of Voln. The exterior of the shield resembles a raging meteor swarm invoked by a dark elven wizard upon a hoard of undead. Faintly standing behind the wizard is a dark elven rogue.

*gag*