PDA

View Full Version : Walk on the Wildside Event: ATK

Gan
08-08-2005, 08:34 PM
ATK's Walk on the Wild Side 8/14/2005
GS4-STANDARD: This information is of interest to GemStone IV Standard players.
Time: 12:30 PM eastern

General Info: So you think that only rangers can find their way from simple clues? Do you feel smarter than the average bear? You feel the need for a little danger and risk?

Come join the ATK for a little Walk on the Wild Side in the Elven Nations. Entry fee is 150,000 silvers (notes only).

The Prize: a 5x Bastard Sword, raffled by Ishara on the Wavedancer, unlocked, flaring, sanctified, and deity-specific zested.

Join us on the 14th of August at 12:30pm elven in the courtyard of the Meeting Hall in Ta'Illistim. There you will pay your entry fee, get your race token, and get your first clue. The journey will take you all over the Nations from the edge of Whistler's Pass to the Docks in Sylvarraend. Bring your own maps and enter at your own risk for there is the chance of death or injury. The race will start at 1:30pm and end when the first contestant makes it back to the courtyard with all clues completed. Ties will be decided with single elimination Roshambo.

Drew
08-09-2005, 04:57 AM
What is the purpose of the ATKs anyway? What does the group stand for? I've never got a real clear answer on this.

08-09-2005, 09:53 AM
To get pwned by the Black Fist :devil::devil::devil::devil:

- Arkans

Janarth
08-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Darn you for making it in the middle of the day Sunday! I got something from noon to 4 sunday unfortunatly, but I will be on afterward to drool at the winner (lets face it, I wasn't going to win anyway) and meet other people from ATK.

AnticorRifling
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I read the title of the thread and I'm all "Hey man, take a walk on the wild side. And the colored girls sing Doo doo doo da doo do do do"

And it's stuck in my head!

Gan
08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Drew
What is the purpose of the ATKs anyway? What does the group stand for? I've never got a real clear answer on this.

The Ardenai Temple Knights are a group of elves and non-elves alike who uphold truth, justice, and honor. We help defend those in need, or those who request our assistance. Our duties are mostly those of mediators. The main duty of any Temple Knight is to solve conflict peacefully where ever the smallest chance of peace exists.

Essentially we are a para-military group that exists, through alliances, alongside the other PRO's within Elanthia to assist during times of need as well as during times of peace.

We'll be holding this event as well as other membership drives and such in the upcoming months so please check the news and the meeting boards at each of the Town Hall Meeting places for regular meeting times.

You can also chase me down in Illistim if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Drew
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
So you're kind of like the wimpier version of the Northern Fury for elves?

08-09-2005, 08:45 PM
That get WTFPWNED in PvP no less.

- Arkans

Gan
08-10-2005, 11:11 AM
The days of PRO's going PvP have been gone a while. Its been forever since there's been a PvP contest between any of the groups. If thats your goal in joining one of these PRO's then you'll be sadly disappointed. Having pride in your group is great, but letting the pride lead to useless conflict is childish, not to mention it jeopardizes the alliances that hold these groups together which only benefits the lands.

As far as a wimpier version of the Fury? I havnt really compared the ATK with any of the others. Many things about the ATK and the Fury, and any of the others make all of us unique therefore not really comparable. The Fury is based out of IMT and lends a great presence and aid to the lands in times of need. We strive to do the same, only we're based out of Illistim.

08-10-2005, 11:42 AM
ATK initiated conflict against the Black Fist. Not that it was bad, I had a ton of fun doing it. No reason why more large scale PvP shouldn't happen if it's RP'd out.

Either way though.. All PROs currently can be compared because they all do the same thing. They sit around, meet a few times, do a group hunt or something. Have a little ceremony, have a scavenger hunt, spell someone up... and badda bing. There you go.

The Fury just has a more disciplined approach to it and makes other groups look a bit wimpy.. Unfortunately, the Fury does suffer from the "circle jerk" mentality a bit. Though they are the best group by far.

- Arkans

Askip
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
<< Have a little ceremony, have a scavenger hunt, spell someone up... and badda bing. There you go. >>

I wish we could do more, but without GM tools..... :D

I am always open to new ideas.

Gan
08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
At one point the GM's deputized folks to help 'keep the peace' but all that power led to corruption and abuse and now there are no deputies or groups that are deputized to help maintain order.

I've been discussing PRO concepts with a fellow Gemstoner and the concept of being more of an active 'peacemaker', while attractive in theory, would overstep the bounds of CvC and PvP especially when having that kind of sanctioned authority or discretionary authority would unbalance the gaming environment even more than it already is by those who seek to be disruptive... or at least thats my take.

I'd love to see some additional story lines or other activities that PRO's could engage in because of having that status. That way we could take the BLAH out of the BLAH BLAH BLAH.

08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, the GMs are in a real tough spot. If they give PROs too much power, they risk them becoming just roving gangs trying to impose their will on other players (which I'm cool with), and then you have characters trying to react to that.

Anyway, with the current situation.. That's all you can do. You can blow each other, spell each other up, or have a foot race. All these ideas are pretty much tired, done too much, and so forth.

Honestly though.. It's not only the GMs fault. It's partially the player's fault as well. I mean, ATK.. peace keepers. Peace is already kept. Way to pigeon hole yourself into a single role that once fullfilled you become useless. Not only that, but what wars you plan to avert? GM run story lines? Give me a break.. War is fun and GMs arn't gonna stop invading.

Get original concepts for groups with a real attainable goal. Gang of thieves that takes over the park and robs everyone blind? Maybe.. Who knows? Though I wouldn't put the blame directly on the GMs at all. My old PRO was just that.. The Black Fist caused chaos and was one of the most successful PROs at the time. The only reason it disbanded was due to key members leaving Gemstone and the fact that there was nobody left to fight, which was a fault of my own due to not planning ahead.

- Arkans

Gan
08-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Bump.

Walk on the Wildside Event: ATK

ATK's Walk on the Wild Side 8/14/2005
GS4-STANDARD: This information is of interest to GemStone IV Standard players.
Time: 12:30 PM eastern

General Info: So you think that only rangers can find their way from simple clues? Do you feel smarter than the average bear? You feel the need for a little danger and risk?

Come join the ATK for a little Walk on the Wild Side in the Elven Nations. Entry fee is 150,000 silvers (notes only).

The Prize: a 5x Bastard Sword, raffled by Ishara on the Wavedancer, unlocked, flaring, sanctified, and deity-specific zested.

Join us on the 14th of August at 12:30pm elven in the courtyard of the Meeting Hall in Ta'Illistim. There you will pay your entry fee, get your race token, and get your first clue. The journey will take you all over the Nations from the edge of Whistler's Pass to the Docks in Sylvarraend. Bring your own maps and enter at your own risk for there is the chance of death or injury. The race will start at 1:30pm and end when the first contestant makes it back to the courtyard with all clues completed. Ties will be decided with single elimination Roshambo.

Gan
08-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Bump.

Registration starts in 5 minutes. Event starts in 35 minutes.

Gan
08-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Would like to congratulate Kertaya on winning the ATK Walk on the Wildside Event.

Great Job!

hectomaner
08-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon

WTG simu's spelling errors

Jolena
08-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Just out of curiousity, did you guys make enough from event fees to cover the cost of that weapon Ganalon?

Gan
08-14-2005, 09:45 PM
The funds for the weapon came from me personally, so the ATK coffers were not depleted.

And no total receipts did not see enough return to offset the cost of the blade from this single event. Which was a shame since it was a well made/run event. Perhaps next time we'll be more strategic with when we decide to hold our next contest. The prize(s) will be none the less spectacular though.

Jolena
08-14-2005, 09:50 PM
I was going to try to make it but I was already competing in the HERT tournament, and then went all day long to bowl and hang out with kids today. Glad you guys had fun and it went well.

Gan
08-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

Credit also goes to House Dreadnaught for their assistance in helping coral all of the lost clue hunters roaming through the Illistim wilds.

Leetahkin
08-15-2005, 05:59 AM
I wanted to sign up for it. But since I couldn't even find the area for registration, I knew I wouldn't have a chance with the hunt. :lol: