PDA

View Full Version : I want her back! *Whines*

Tisket
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Well, it's been over a year since I have played Gemstone. I sold off all my characters and gear except for one character I retired since I didn't want her in other hands.

However I read a log posted here that got me feeling a bit nostalgic. I am considering taking up the game again. My question is, can I get the character I retired back if the only information I have on her is her name? I didn't keep the pin number.

I don't have a problem starting from scratch but there were some sentimental items in her locker I would dearly love to get back. Mostly items that represent hours spent in line at alterers and a couple gifts from a good friend in game.

I didn't delete the character, I just discontinued the account itself. So is this hopeless or possible?

ElanthianSiren
08-08-2005, 05:14 PM
I've had a character restored based on just her name and my account name.

The gms I spoke with were very patient about it, very kind. I don't know if you could based on if they've purged or not since, but if you want to play again, it's always worth a try.

Good luck.

-M

Leetahkin
08-08-2005, 05:16 PM
When I came back last year from a 4 year hiatus, Ent was still there with cobwebs. I don't even think I needed the account name, just her name and most of my personal information.

I really don't believe they do purges. As long as your character is over, what is it, 5th train?

Give them a call. I'm glad I did last year.

DeV
08-08-2005, 05:18 PM
The answer is yes as long as you have the other pertinent information such as the name of the person the account was made under and the security question attached to it. If you call the customer service line they should be able to assist you with all of this fairly smoothly.

I did it and it had been well over a year since I'd suspended my character/account. They are usually very eager to assist with someone re-opening an old account.

Gridlock
08-08-2005, 05:19 PM
if you know your security question answer from your old account you probably can. All i knew was account name and security question and got mineback after 3 years of not playing.

Tsunami
08-08-2005, 05:20 PM
If you haven't opened an account yet, just call the billing office and talk to them. When my husband and I re-opened our accounts, they asked us if we wanted a bunch of characters he had deleted restored (no charge), so theres a good chance you can get her back. One of our accounts we forgot the account name and password for, they asked for a charcter name and found it right away. Then you just have to be able to answer the security question.

Tisket
08-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Okay thanks all, going to give it a try on my next day off.

Going to have to do some research on in game changes I guess. A years a long time so imagine there have been a few new things going on.

Heshinar
08-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Damn I had a nice 20-22nd level Bard. He had a lot of nice stuff and some custom alterations.

I should call and see tomorrow.

I even have all the old Macros and such on CD.

Tisket
08-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Heshinar
Damn I had a nice 20-22nd level Bard. He had a lot of nice stuff and some custom alterations.

I should call and see tomorrow.

I even have all the old Macros and such on CD.

I sent a email to tech support and got this in response:

We can reactivate your account for you if you answer the security question on the account. The question is, "WHAT IS YOUR MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME?" The answer begins with a D. I can also verify account ownership with the first four and the last four numbers of the credit card on the account.
Thank you.

Jesika Plein
Billing Representative
Simutronics Corporation

So you should be able to get your bard back as well.

edited to add: it amuses me that they feel the need to remind me of the first letter of my mothers maiden name. lol

[Edited on 8-9-2005 by Tisket]

ElanthianSiren
08-09-2005, 06:13 AM
Some people use an added security feature. I know one player who had her account stolen by her rl ex boyfriend because he'd met her mother and knew her mother's maiden name.

I can see them reminding you of the letter in case you use something like your great grand mothers.

-M

GSLady17
08-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Wow...I couldn't remember my security question...I had to guess. They didn't tell me what it was nor did they give me a hint. So I sent them three different answers. The accepted it, but I still don't know which one was right..

Warriorbird
08-09-2005, 07:16 AM

Heshinar
08-09-2005, 09:51 AM
For anyone who has been playing for over 3 years you MIGHT remember my Bard. Marcyr.

Not sure what I am going to hunt with him since I used to hunt on top of the Glacier, Storm Giants and such but. Well I sent the E-Mail at 9:52 this morning.

Maybe I might just upgrade to a Premium account again.

Heshinar
08-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Yay!!! I decided to just re-open the Premium account and get back ALL my characters from 3 years ago.

Marcyr the Bard - Level 23 - Gotta relearn Loresinging... been so long

Couple others of different classes.
Not sure who I will dump still

Neildo
08-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Anyone know if they can restore characters that have been deleted or permakilled? I remember seeing something awhile back on the website saying something about restoring characters that have been lost to permadeath. I guess this is since you can't go demonic or anything these days with the new death system. I did it like 4 years ago and that'd be the only way I'd come back. And anyone from the LA area still play the game?

- N

Warriorbird
08-12-2005, 01:47 AM
A few people do... and in some cases you can, Neil.

Warriorbird
08-12-2005, 01:47 AM
Be warned that storm giants and frost giants are now level 39, Heshinar.

Tater Salad
08-12-2005, 02:00 AM
https://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/permaloss_request.asp

Criteria
Characters restored must have been permanently rerolled or killed. If your character was lost due to data corruption (such as a game crash or hard drive failure on our part) then this form is NOT for you and you should see our data corruption restoral page instead.

Timeframe
Earliest date of eligible restorations is 3/6/2000. No earlier restorations can be done due to a change in backup equipment/software as of 3/5/2000.

Neildo
08-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Oh crap, are you serious? Any idea how long it takes for someone to get restored? I don't care about items or anything since I sold it all, just the experience since that's the hardest part to get.

And who are the big time merchants these days with the good gear and who are the merchant whores that can get alters like crazy? I don't wanna wander round naked, if I'm able to get my guy back. And anyone know the experience transfer formula from GS3 levels to GS4?

Thanks,

- N

Askip
08-12-2005, 07:09 AM
<< experience transfer formula from GS3 levels to GS4? >>

Kudos to Lady Nilandia:

http://www.nilandia.com/training/experience.htm

:D

Asha
08-12-2005, 07:20 AM
https://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/permaloss_request.asp

$250 !!11!
:lol:

Leetahkin
08-12-2005, 08:19 AM
A friend of mine is currently saving up that $250 to get back a character.

People need to make sure they REALLY want to reroll.
Can a character be permanently killed?

Neildo
08-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh, it costs $250 to restore a character? I didn't know about that.

Anyone mind posting or messaging me that page as I can't read it seeing as I have no account right now. I only know the basics of it. $250 is worth it though. Heck, I woulda paid more. Thanks for the info.

And hey, Jacinto, are you an ol' fart, level-wise yet? I need some people to hunt and hang around with again.

- N

Bobmuhthol
08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
It works well enough to see the form.

Edit: you may have to save it; clicking opens the source for me.

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

Bobmuhthol
08-12-2005, 05:00 PM
<<Can a character be permanently killed?>>

Yes, any character that was demonic'd or rerolled before March 6, 2000.