PDA

View Full Version : What is this crap?

Terminator X
08-08-2005, 04:09 PM
[Smuggler's Cutter, Deck]
The wood of the deck is missing varnish where the salt-water has eaten through. The brass fittings are a dull green and are in desperate need of some polish. Ratty coils of rope lie about the deck ready for use when needed. The single mast and large sail are the only things in pristine condition on the deck. You also see the smuggler Knaydl.
Obvious paths: down, out
[You are sitting down]
>stand robe
>
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Training Correction]
You are here because a problem with your training has been discovered, which appears to have been caused by a character manager bug. This has been recorded with your character and account name, so senior staff may determine if further action should be taken. This does not mean you have done anything wrong, but you must use FIXSKILLS in this room now to synchronize your training before you can exit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please refer to NEWS 1 6 for further information.
Obvious exits: out

At this point, you need to adjust your skill goals so your intended skill set is within the boundaries of your earned TPs. If you spend fewer TPs than you have earned, you will have the remainder free to spend as you choose. To see how many training points you are out of sync by, just try to go OUT without fixing anything.

If you are unable to use the web-based character manager, please REPORT so that a GameMaster may assist you in using the in-game version, but be aware that there may be a slight delay before they can get to you.

The use of FIXSKILLS in this room will not detract from any options you may have remaining to use the verb normally, but the effects will be just as permanent as a normal use would be. Please be sure that your skill goals are set to your satisfaction before using it.

So anyway, I have been spending all day trying to manage the time on which I get onto the Cutter correctly, and just when I am literally one room away, some ridiculous thing happens. Now when I peer out, it shows Wehnimer's Landing :rant:

Showal
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
There was a bug a while back with the character manager where you could make out all your skills. People got banned for it. I'd report and/or assist and get it straightened out before you get mistaken for someone trying to abuse this bug.

Skirmisher
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm sure they can poof you to where needed as they pulled you with no warning.

Just do an assist when done. I guess a report won't hurt also, may get things done faster even, just kick in an assist first and right afterwards do a report.

Showal
08-08-2005, 04:15 PM
oh yeah, and one time a crash warped me BACK to the landing after I brought a character to Illistim ... I reported and without a response he was warped back to illistim. They'll probably correct that for you without a hassle.

Iqxero
08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Teach you nasty hacker sorts to actually play the game. If you had just been script hunting like your supposed to be, it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a problem.

ALthough, in seriousness, you would think that they might have, I dunno, sent you a send or an e-mail or something to warn you that the had found an error in your training. I guess it's just simu's brand of logic to wave a sign that reads "FULLY IMMERSIVE RP ENVIRONMENT" with one hand, and then pull customers into their rooms with no warning over a problem that is not immediatly a detterent to the game with the other..

hectomaner
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
its becoming an issue lately.

i had 6 characters migrating skills. all 6 have now been given a fixskill via the training correction room. it only takes like 2-5 min of migrating to pull you into a correction room, usually next time you log in.

so for me, and i'm sure lots of other people, look kinda bad, as so many characters getting free fixskills. allthough this hasnt happened for a while, as i've migrated a shit load of tps over the past 6 months and hadnt had the 'too many TP' issue until friday

StrayRogue
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
It happened to me the other day. They've automated it because it happens so often. Basically its bug exploitation that, unfortunately, alot of people don't know about.

Anebriated
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I have no real comment but I wanted to say that the joke in Iqxero's sig is hilarious. It is sad that they truely said it....