PDA

View Full Version : A letter to The Parents

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Dear Parents,

My name is Eric. I'm the father of five children and in addition to being a game producer for Simutronics, I worked for over six years as the Product Manager of Simutronics' Multiplayer Roleplaying Game, DragonRealms. I understand, as a parent, that you feel concern for your child's welfare in the mysterious and sometimes cryptic realm of text-based on-line games. To help you understand what we are all about, I've written this letter to inform you about our company, our games, and the sorts of activities you can expect your child to be participating in.

The majority of our games are text-based multiplayer games run by our IFE (Interactive Fiction Engine). Each of our IFE games supports a unique environment in which users role-play (that is, play act) their characters. Like actors on a stage, when players role-play, they assume the identity of the character that they have created, acting as if they were a real adventurer in a strange new world.

If you've ever read Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy or C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia; if you've ever seen the movie "Neverending Story" or Disney's "Fantasia", then you will have an idea what our games are all about. We create fantasy worlds in which players get to pretend to be the characters of the book rather than reading about them. In many ways, our players are writing their own story.

As far as winning the game goes, that is entirely up to the players. They decide what the goals are within the game, and then work to achieve those goals. Some may want to be the most powerful Mage, or the most respected Empath. Some may simply want to play the role of an honorable Warrior who rescues people in distress and combats the evil monsters that invaded the land. Some players measure success by the amount of personal wealth that they amass. In the end, it's the player that decides how their story will play out and what it is they want to achieve.

Many people play our games at the same time, from various online services and the Internet. As players wander around the game, they will encounter other players and be able to interact with them in a variety of ways. Interaction between players can take many forms, from simply sitting in the town square chatting with other players, to working together to solve a puzzle, or heading off into the wilds in search of adventure.

Indeed, the mechanics of our games emphasize cooperation rather than competition. Players must work together in teams in order to effectively fight invading creatures, or solve complex puzzles. They are not encouraged to compete for resources or combat each other in battle. Communication skills are utilized with regularity, encouraging improvement in language, typing and grammar skills. In addition, the anonymity granted by the simulated text-based environment allows shy children to feel less threatened and freer to socialize in a healthy atmosphere where player interaction is regulated by a staff of over 150 GameMasters.

Few online gaming companies have more experience than Simutronics, which has produced online games for ten years. We have received the prestigious "Member's Choice Award" from AOL, the "Online Game of the Year, 1993 Award" from Computer Gaming World Magazine for CyberStrike, and received both teenage and child approval ratings from Microsystems.

At Simutronics, we care about promoting a family atmosphere that can allow players of all ages to participate in and enjoy our games. Day and night our GameMasters monitor for public incidents of vulgarity, sexually explicit language, unlawful conduct and harassment. Repeat offenders may find themselves locked out of the games for a period of time up to three months, or indefinitely. A safe, healthy environment is very important to our staff, which specifically designs the games in order to promote teamwork and creativity.

There is a lot of talk these days about the dangers of the Internet. Much of these concerns are similar to the concerns we all have as parents when our children go to the shopping mall or camping or even school. We want our children to be safe but still be able to enjoy their life. When a child has a problem at school, he/she can go find a teacher who can then protect them. When a player has a problem with someone in our games, he/she can instantly contact a GameMaster for help.

In many ways, our games are a safer place than the local park or playground. Your child can simply log off if needed. Safety is as close as typing QUIT. If someone harasses your child in real life, he/she may not be able to get help right away. In our games, help is as close as typing REPORT. Wouldn't you feel better if your child in real life could get help instantly when needed?

While our games are maintained as a safe environment (GameMasters work hard to keep it that way), the same common sense cautions apply to our games as they do to any place you allow your child to attend. While GameMasters have the capability to monitor anything that happens in the game, they can't monitor everything all the time. So, we highly encourage you to watch what your child is doing in the game. Pop in unexpectedly from time to time and watch and ask questions.

But does that make us a "G" rated game? No, we consider ourselves a "PG" or even "PG-13" (we have some graphic descriptions of violence in our combat) game. It's not for every child. Naturally, we encourage parents to guide their children in the use of the game. Our standards might not be your standards.

Our game has thousands of other people who can potentially interact with your child and we cannot guarantee that they will behave themselves appropriately all the time. There's nothing that we can put in place that can replace you as a parent. No matter how safe we make the our games, we hope that every parent will still monitor their child's activity in the game.

I've watched my child (aged 13) play DragonRealms and she has become a better reader, a better typist (she went from hunt and peck to touch typing), learned how to communicate more clearly, learned better how to interact with others responsibly and has grown socially and creatively. I believe this can happen to your child as well. In fact, they'll be enjoying themselves so much that they won't even realize how much they are learning.

Yours sincerely,

Eric Slick
Simutronics Game Producer

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 05:44 AM
I thought this was hilarious.

Interaction between players can take many forms, from simply sitting in the town square chatting with other players, to working together to solve a puzzle, or heading off into the wilds in search of adventure.

What about those children who are lead into private rooms? Isn't that interaction that is possible? And there are many children that will participate, not type "quit"

Which, Would not make it PG-13!

In our games, help is as close as typing REPORT. Wouldn't you feel better if your child in real life could get help instantly when needed?

They make it seem like children just have to push a button and poof a GM is there... I've waited in line for hours on an assist. Yes, there may be a GM lurking, but usually they are recording, not stepping in. They step in when you do the assist usually.

Safety is as close as typing QUIT.

Isn't that avoiding conflict? Don't you get in trouble for that?

Day and night our GameMasters monitor for public incidents of vulgarity, sexually explicit language, unlawful conduct and harassment.

They don't catch it though. I see all the time, players on the amulet swearing.

They did a good job saying how a parent should monitor things though. But many don't---Mine didn't. This just made me laugh, some things seemed a little sugar coated. They didn't even mention private rooms. If a parent doesn't play, they would have no clue!

Miss X
08-08-2005, 06:02 AM
Right...

Firstly, if children (I'm taking that to mean those under 18) engage in sexual activity while playing gemstone, it is really not up to the GM's to act as baby sitters. Parents should monitor their children if they are online, just like real life. I would never for a second suggest that Simu needs to keep an eye on this, they have enough to do.

Secondly, REPORT is for emergencies. If you are in a situation that is considered an emergency and you do report, if there are GMs online, I would guess that they will respond with some info about what you should do. If its telling you to ASSIST, then fair enough. Give the info to a GameHost and get it all on record. It's the same rules for us all.

I think by telling you safety is as close as typing QUIT, they are saying that if you are in a situation that is not suitable for children, QUIT is the way to get out of it. I do not think for a second the author is advocating the use of QUIT to escape conflict.

The final point you made, you really cannot expect that staff will catch every single comment. I'd say they catch most of them, but just like in real life, no one is perfect. They do a good job though if you ask me. Also, just because you see the use of vulgarity and such, does not mean nothing is being done about it. They don't tell players when they step in.

Basically, I don't see why they even need to mention private rooms or anything like that. Parents are the sole responsible party in his situation and should have the good sense to keep an eye on their children.

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 06:09 AM
I'm not saying that Simu needs to keep an eye out for everyone. I'm saying I thought it was funny how it seemed sugar coated and certain things wern't mentioned.

StrayRogue
08-08-2005, 06:12 AM
They're a buisness. Do you think they'd reveal the scumier side of the GS life in a letter to parents? Does MacDonalds tell their customers how shit their food is?

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 06:15 AM
:lol: No.

That's why I found it funny. Not really the letter exactly, just what it made me think about when I saw something not revealed or something sugar coated.

cajunlady
08-08-2005, 06:27 AM
I have heard recently that there is a minor who is actively trying to engage others in what would be innappropriate for her behavior. She's said if her father catches her, bladda bladda, be in trouble, bladda, i'm only 14, bladda. Now, that being said. I don't know that she is telling the truth aboiut her background, but my character certainly didn't interact with her in what would be for a minor an inappropriate manner. I also usully ask and try to as best I can determine age of the other party should that situation look like it's going to occur. But this girl, should this be true- and in game she is very "loose"- and her intentions made me think. Would it be ethical to consider putting some kind of "mark" on profiles of characters who are played by minors? Some special line of text... not sure what. On one hand I think "right of privacy" and on the other I think "they are minors, they have no rights". Of course, having Simu verify ages would be a terrible pain in the ass, but for those who register with their true age, perhaps helped to register by parents... what does everyone think?
I am split on it myself.

Miss X
08-08-2005, 06:45 AM
I think it would be a bit of a drain on staff and recourses. I'd rather see parents take an active role in monitoring their children.

If they were to put some kind of 'mark' on character profiles, you would suddenly find everyone who signed up to play would miraculously appear to be 18+. It would in no way help or solve any perceived problems.

I also think it may hinder roleplay because we would have people checking for minors and avoiding interaction with them. There are some really great characters played by young people.

I mean, I can see why there might be concerns about minors playing but at the end of the day, young people will always do things that they shouldnt do, like smoking, drinking etc. It's not up to simu to babysit children. You're an irresponsible parent if you're leaving your children to their own devices online for hours.

As for this 14 year old girl you mentioned, if its true and you are concerned the best thing to do is assist and get things on record, nothing can be done based purely on speculation and gossip.

Rainy Day
08-08-2005, 07:15 AM
I used to hate that letter being on the site with a passion. I felt like no matter what it specifically said, the message was that this game is okay for kids.

I took the time to read through it all again posted here. It is carefully worded stating parents need to monitor their children and that not everything in the game can be controlled. But I still think they stress the presence of GMs too much, making it sound like they can babysit. They should put heavier emphasis on it being PG-13 rated for older teens.

RD

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Gs can be PG or it can be rated R. It depends who your kid starts hanging out with.

I was very young when I started playing and within the first week somone wanted to show me neat things. He showed me the place by Nymphs in the Landing where you can swim and would show me verbs (like every kiss) and insist I try it on him.

Then he decided to show me the place in the Landing, can't remember the name, where you can get a room key. He then pretty much started to cyber with my character there.

I had no clue what to do, I tried to open the door---it was locked. I did not know the verb "unlock" yet. So I sat there giggling glancing away from the screen and not responding at all.

Yet, he continued for about ten minutes until I guess he thought I fell asleep and brought me to TSC where he dropped me off. For about 2 weeks, I tried to not interact with male characters.

Yes, it would be awesome if parents monitored their kids. And I don't mean walking into the room once a month and seeing them killing creatures. I mean actually monitoring them. Honestly though, how many parents do that?

cajunlady
08-08-2005, 08:27 AM
>>As for this 14 year old girl you mentioned, if its true and you are concerned the best thing to do is assist and get things on record, nothing can be done based purely on speculation and gossip.<<

A report was done I believe, not by me but by the person who was given the information by the girl herself.

And I agree with your statements, there would be prejudice towards young players. Most times it is easy enough to assertain anyway by ovservation.
I interact with some minors in game who are better at the game than some adults. :grin:

Nieninque
08-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Please stop using the colours in your post.
It's bad enough subjecting myself to actually reading the crap you write, but when you use the colours, it's difficult to read. Blue on Blue is shitty.

If someone was saying "Oh come and do rude things with me, But if my dad finds out I will be in trouble - I am only 14" the first thing I would think is that it is an adult with an interest in children, trying to convince someone that they think is a child to engage in something that they shouldnt be.

Also, Im in total agreement with Miss X. The responsibility for what children do on the internet lies fully with their parents.

Parents pay for the game (kids cant get credit cards) therefore they need to be checking what that money is paying for.

Any parents that just let their children access stuff without checking what it is, need a swift kick in the dirt box.

Edited to show a screenshot of the colours.

[Edited on 8-8-05 by Nieninque]

cajunlady
08-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by GSLady17

I was very young when I started playing and within the first week somone wanted to show me neat things. He showed me the place by Nymphs in the Landing where you can swim and would show me verbs (like every kiss) and insist I try it on him.

Then he decided to show me the place in the Landing, can't remember the name, where you can get a room key. He then pretty much started to cyber with my character there.

I had no clue what to do, I tried to open the door---it was locked. I did not know the verb "unlock" yet. So I sat there giggling glancing away from the screen and not responding at all.

I would hope... that you at least now would know enough to say, "Hey, you know what? Not interested here. Cut it out." In my first month, I recall it being pretty confusing. Trying to learn all the verbs, way around town, how to hunt,... But had no problem saying "Leave me alone." Especially to one particular Dhe'nar who'd rather have seen Zen in shackles... Zen also bought an engagement ring for herself to help keep the wolves at bay. It worked.
It's easy to go along with someone and I can see you getting confused especially when you aren't sure where you have been led to. Glad you had sense enough not to respond, impressive for a 10 year old.

Sylvan Dreams
08-08-2005, 10:14 AM
From the Terms & Conditions on the SIMU page:

USER HEREBY CERTIFIES THAT HE/SHE IS AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD.

Apathy
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
That is one of the odder things I've ever heard. Humorously, the same thing happened to me once. The only female character I ever made (and this is why it was) was early when I started playing DragonRealms. Yada yada same situation really.

So I was getting act roleplayed to death and just kept typing laugh. Finally, I think somewhere between lowering my skirt and removing my blouse, this amazing roleplayer asks me,

"What are you laughing at?"
"I'm a guy and I think this is hilarious."
XXX just left.

Of course, I haven't played a female character since then because of how annoying it is. Maybe I'll start another one sometime soon just to remind myself ;).

Ilvane
08-08-2005, 10:39 AM
It's funny from the opposite too. I played a male halfling wizard, and I swear he got hit on ALL the time.

:lol:

-A

Jolena
08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
From a parent who's 12 year old son now plays, I can safely assure you all that I personally (including Stunseed/James) monitor his game activity regularly. I have also asked many of the people I know well who play to keep an eye on him. Strangely enough, most of those people had already initiated RP with him when they had seen him around town so they already knew the character well. He's still learning and all the commands/way around town/hunting verbs are still very confusing at times for him but he's enjoying it and I feel good knowing that I'm watching his activity.

So yes, there are some parents who do make sure to monitor their childs activities online.:yes:

Skeeter
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I've played male and females chars. for years. I've never seen the massive slime balls that constantly hit on you. Either I put off an unattainable air, or I'm really bad at rp'ing a female. :thinking:

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cajunlady
>>As for this 14 year old girl you mentioned, if its true and you are concerned the best thing to do is assist and get things on record, nothing can be done based purely on speculation and gossip.<<

A report was done I believe, not by me but by the person who was given the information by the girl herself.

And I agree with your statements, there would be prejudice towards young players. Most times it is easy enough to assertain anyway by ovservation.
I interact with some minors in game who are better at the game than some adults. :grin:

You'd be surprised, For 3 years peopld believed I was 19---Before I started telling the truth to some and it leaked out and before i really started making trouble. Thats on and off the phone as well.

I started to lie about my age when people started treating me diferent for finding out how young I was in rl. All of a sudden since I was a pre-teen, I wasn't worth even hunting with.

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Please stop using the colours in your post.
It's bad enough subjecting myself to actually reading the crap you write, but when you use the colours, it's difficult to read. Blue on Blue is shitty.

If someone was saying "Oh come and do rude things with me, But if my dad finds out I will be in trouble - I am only 14" the first thing I would think is that it is an adult with an interest in children, trying to convince someone that they think is a child to engage in something that they shouldnt be.

Also, Im in total agreement with Miss X. The responsibility for what children do on the internet lies fully with their parents.

Parents pay for the game (kids cant get credit cards) therefore they need to be checking what that money is paying for.

Any parents that just let their children access stuff without checking what it is, need a swift kick in the dirt box.

Edited to show a screenshot of the colours.

[Edited on 8-8-05 by Nieninque]

Sorry, I have a big flat screen and the colors arn't hard to read at all. Every monitor shows colors a little differently too.

I'll keep that in mind though since the object was to make them easier to read.

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by cajunlady

I would hope... that you at least now would know enough to say, "Hey, you know what? Not interested here. Cut it out." In my first month, I recall it being pretty confusing. Trying to learn all the verbs, way around town, how to hunt,... But had no problem saying "Leave me alone." Especially to one particular Dhe'nar who'd rather have seen Zen in shackles... Zen also bought an engagement ring for herself to help keep the wolves at bay. It worked.
It's easy to go along with someone and I can see you getting confused especially when you aren't sure where you have been led to. Glad you had sense enough not to respond, impressive for a 10 year old.

I wouldn't say impressive, I would expect any ten year old not to know what the hell is goin on and be embarressed by the whole situation.

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Sylvan Dreams

Isn't that for making sure you arn't some kid using your parents credit card or something?

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I expect it is easier for parents who play GS to monitor their children.

My dad plays and he never monitored me. But he wasn't a romodel parent either.

As for female characters, I've heard atleast 10 guys say they play girls because the girls get all the free items from the males and are treated a little softer.

CrystalTears
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM

Isn't that for making sure you arn't some kid using your parents credit card or something?

Heh, yeah because kids don't lie and just click "YES I am 18 years old".

Although I'm hoping that the parent would be liable if ever something happened since they are underage buying an account without consent.

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Although I'm hoping that the parent would be liable if ever something happened since they are underage buying an account without consent.

I am sure they are. If I was a parent I'd just suck it up and pay the first month (because by then I'd see it on my credit card) and then cancel it and ground my kid for ever.

Skirmisher
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Haven't we had this same discussion about this same letter before?

Janarth
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

That statement limits their liability. Some parent turns around and sues them for personal injury, cause their kid was accosted by the horrific (sarcasm) combat descriptions, they can turn around and point to that. Hmm...I wonder how much Simu's media liability insurance costs them...

Showal
08-08-2005, 03:42 PM
<<I think it would be a bit of a drain on staff and recourses. I'd rather see parents take an active role in monitoring their children.

If they were to put some kind of 'mark' on character profiles, you would suddenly find everyone who signed up to play would miraculously appear to be 18+. It would in no way help or solve any perceived problems. >>

I think the mark would be pretty dumb for these reasons ... but I would LOVE to see Chadj forced to have one in his profile.

ElanthianSiren
08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Heh, they should just make it M for mature and be done with it.

Let people be as graphic as they choose to be. I can't stand the disneyfication.

-M

Skirmisher
08-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Works for me.

Terminator X
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Someone needs to rob your colored pencils.

It's all about emphasis :)

[Edited on 8-8-2005 by Terminator X]

Showal
08-08-2005, 03:55 PM
If they made it M for Mature, I'd make a character who only does the nasty to himself right out in the open for everyone to watch. It'd be like an open invitation for me to type as vulgar as I can write and try to beat myself the next day with how nasty it was.

ElanthianSiren
08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Sweet, don't complain when you're hunted down unendingly. :)

I think forcing players to deal with the consequences of their actions based on punishments decided by other players is a good thing.

-M

08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
So, ES, if I were to kill your character over and over and over again using invisiblity amulets and implode, you'd be fine with it?

- Arkans

CrystalTears
08-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
I think forcing players to deal with the consequences of their actions based on punishments decided by other players is a good thing.

-M

I don't know when it happened, but this is how Gemstone used to be once upon a time. I was very content with the players acting as judge and jury.

Ever since they've been adding justice to each town, implementing the WARN verb, and GMs getting involved in conflicts, it's been all downhill.

Originally posted by Arkans
So, ES, if I were to kill your character over and over and over again using invisiblity amulets and implode, you'd be fine with it?

- Arkans

Other players would be able to come in and defend her, and kick your ass multiple times as well. This thing of "only those in the conflict can be in the conflict" is utter crapola.

[Edited on 8/8/2005 by CrystalTears]

Showal
08-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Arkans, quit being a jackass dick shithead asshole. The amulet and implode is COMPLETELY different than killing someone who is openly pleasuring himself in public. duh. idiot jerkoff. go eat 20 kiwi fruit, i dare you.

08-08-2005, 04:34 PM
When in mystical time was this, CT? I never remember Gemstone being like that. There were always set rules and people were banned.

This is the same type of flowery hindsight when people that "back in the day" everyone was an RP God.

"Go OJ go!" on the amulet was definately RP bliss!

- Arkans

CrystalTears
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Maybe not RP Gods, but hell yeah you could be as you'd like. I started playing in 97 and it wasn't as disneyfied as it is now. If someone told you don't touch me, and you did, and he wiped the floor with your ass, no one came to your aid, you dealt with it.

The best times I had were when I did something wrong and the other characters took action. You didn't really hear of people reporting to the GMs and then being spoken to. They would thump you (god I miss that) or trick you into licking your sword (heh), drag you to the middle of nowhere, lecture you, and leave you to fend for your life. I thought it was better that way. Just my opinion. It obviously wasn't for others who prefer it this way.

Sorry but the GM hand holding right now blows. It gets worse by the day.

[Edited on 8/8/2005 by CrystalTears]

Showal
08-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I remember playing GS as an asshat when I was 12 and getting reported and having to talk to a GM because I lied to a guy selling some item and tried to run away without paying him. I think I signed off or something. Either way, it seemed like a brilliant idea to my 12 year old mind when I was trying to be a pain in the ass.

ElanthianSiren
08-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Actually, I don't know how far back you go in GS, but I never recall a GM warning Kudos, Thalior, Jesh, Bleeds, or Meta for administering player justice.

And yes, you know what, if you kill my character with an invisibility amulet, Arkans would have half of Ta'illistim on his ass for not only being an individual who needs to resort to those measures but for killing the character in the first place.

That type of system necessitates interaction, rather than the current must hunt! must hunt! mentality, but they would also need to eliminate MAing to make it work.

-M

StrayRogue
08-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Erm one of the reasons Meta left because of "GM pressure" and the very fact that he was "urged" to stop giving out his player Justice.

Showal
08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
<<The best times I had were when I did something wrong and the other characters took action. You didn't really hear of people reporting to the GMs and then being spoken to. They would thump you (god I miss that) or trick you into licking your sword (heh), drag you to the middle of nowhere, lecture you, and leave you to fend for your life. I thought it was better that way. Just my opinion. It obviously wasn't for others who prefer it this way.>>

This edited part basically explains my playing experience as a 12 year old.

ElanthianSiren
08-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Erm one of the reasons Meta left because of "GM pressure" and the very fact that he was "urged" to stop giving out his player Justice.

I never heard that. I was under the impression that he left because he hated the entire concept of platnium/premium/basic and didn't like the demographics of the GS community anymore.

Oh yea, I should also add, if someone is harassing a player ooc-wise, I'm all for a GM getting involved. I think then is where you use warn and let the GMs observe the situation. I'm not saying take away GMs completely, but I think CT is right.

-M

Leetahkin
08-08-2005, 05:20 PM
You know that Simu will not put an M rating on GS, even though if they did, people would still sign up who were not of age. Simu wants all the money they can get their hands on, and probably isn't worried about the complaints they deal with.

GSLady17
08-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I think players should decide the punishment as well. Even if the person picking on you is way older, if they are really in the wrong---Soon the whole town will hate them.

Warriorbird
08-09-2005, 09:44 PM
There were also like, oh, 200 people logged in at once at the point when that "era" truly happened. News flash. Despite a population decline, game's a hell of a lot bigger... and many of those "heroic" oldsters sold out to pure nimrods.

Chadj
08-17-2005, 04:51 PM
<<I think the mark would be pretty dumb for these reasons ... but I would LOVE to see Chadj forced to have one in his profile.>>

Dear Showal,
After my long absense, I've decided to let my first post contain these words to you.
Fuck you.
<3
Chad

Showal
08-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Awh i missed you chad

Viridian
08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Showal
<<The best times I had were when I did something wrong and the other characters took action. You didn't really hear of people reporting to the GMs and then being spoken to. They would thump you (god I miss that) or trick you into licking your sword (heh), drag you to the middle of nowhere, lecture you, and leave you to fend for your life. I thought it was better that way. Just my opinion. It obviously wasn't for others who prefer it this way.>>

This edited part basically explains my playing experience as a 12 year old.

:lol: Oh god, I can almost imagine what you playing at 12 would be like. Freakin' hilarious.