PDA

View Full Version : Counter

GarrsSoul
10-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Alright, I find it really silly that i have to keep track of my own fletching rank by writing down each one...I'm currently using a script that i made myself that just makes the shafts, nocks them, then thros them away. How could i get it to count how many ranks i get and tell me when i end the script?

StrayRogue
10-04-2003, 02:17 PM
I would highlight the text string of each "rank upgrade", where it goes "I think I just learned something new there" or whatever it says, then possibly tie that to a squelch, or count them manually when they occur.

GarrsSoul
10-04-2003, 02:18 PM
thats what im doing now...im making a tally mark on a sheet of paper every time i see it, and have it highlighted.

StrayRogue
10-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Thats possibly the best way to do it then. Its exactly how I did it.

Halfsilver
10-04-2003, 02:23 PM
There's a way to do it.

I have a friend who knows how to code a rank counter.

I dunno if he'd let garr in on the secret.

He almost didn't let me have it.

-grays/d

GarrsSoul
10-04-2003, 02:27 PM
umm, why? it's not like it would give someone an unfair advantage over another.

Halfsilver
10-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Really, it would.

His script is great. It masters you, counts ranks...scribes, crests, paints....

I'll ask him for you, Garr, but don't get your hopes up.

GarrsSoul
10-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Alright, regardless if he says yes or not, i owe you, and thanks.

GarrsSoul
10-04-2003, 03:15 PM
actually i dont really need an entire script...i have one that makes the full arrow/bolt that i got from here, and one that i made myself to make the shafts, nock them, and thro them away....i just would like to know how to put a counter on it.

AnticorRifling
10-04-2003, 09:50 PM
I posted one that does the same thing your script does garr. Just let it go until you're making master arrows. That's the easiest way to tell if you've mastered. Once you're making master arrows make a complete arrow and use it as a dagger.

It will hit harder than a normal dagger because of the bonus from master fletching.

Trinitis
10-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Actually, I think Diana just mastered fletching with her ranger..and she got a message saying she had mastered it. So..as long as your not AFK scripting, you will know when you mastered.

-Adredrin

Reyek
10-06-2003, 02:35 AM
i made master arrows in 3 days. of course i was did it almost none stop 16 hours a day

Jonty
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
I don't fletch, so I have no idea what the message is when you gain a rank, or after what action(s) it occurs. But I'd immagine that you'd need to match to a label that will add to the counter when ever you get the rank message, then return to the previous/next label to continue fletching.

stupidExample:

fletchingStuff:
put do stuff
put do more stuff
match doSomethingElse success
match restartSomething failure
match count you just learned something cool
matchWait

count:
counter add 1
goto %s

*NOTE: This is pure speculation. I've only helped with a fletching script once and don't remember how to fletch or the messaging, and don't plan to anytime soon.

- Jonty

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by Jonty]