PDA

View Full Version : Rift question



Lord Dainslef
08-07-2005, 04:00 AM
On plane 1 I hate the fact that most of the rooms shift so that you can't hide in the same room twice, sometimes.
My question is on planes 3 and up, does that still happen?

The Cat In The Hat
08-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Yes, the paths and exits always shift

Jonty
08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
The question wasn't about the exits. It's about the shifting ability to hide in the rooms.

I don't remember how plane 3 was, and I only hunted 4 a couple of times. But on plane 5, it doesn't shift.

The Cat In The Hat
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Jonty
The question wasn't about the exits. It's about the shifting ability to hide in the rooms.

I don't remember how plane 3 was, and I only hunted 4 a couple of times. But on plane 5, it doesn't shift.

I know what the question was, but you can only hide in the "outside" rooms right? The rooms with paths not exist?

Im not an authority to hiding, but if that's the case then the paths and exits do shift, thus effecting which rooms you can or can not hide in.

Jonty
08-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
I know what the question was, but you can only hide in the "outside" rooms right? The rooms with paths not exist?

Im not an authority to hiding, but if that's the case then the paths and exits do shift, thus effecting which rooms you can or can not hide in.
Ahh, sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. Though, you're idea about the paths and exits affecting hiding is incorrect,


[Script finished!]
You feel every shred of yourself torn to tiny pieces and reformed...
Bodyless and mindless you float...waiting for some semblance of normality...

You open your eyes and blink twice to find yourself hovering about six feet off the ground. As soon as you become cognizant of where you are, you drop hard like a sack of potatoes.

[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach.
Obvious paths: southwest
wt ro
You quickly roll to the left, then spring to your feet, ready again for action!

Roundtime: 2 sec.
hide

Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
unhide
You do not believe anyone noticed you slip out of hiding.
sw
[The Rift]
The sound of hoofbeats approaches rapidly. When you whirl around, a white horse emerges from the surrounding mist with a black robed figure on its back. As the horse gallops by, the sound of a blade cutting the air fills your ears, and a burst of wind brushes your neck. The horseman quickly fades into the mist before you, a scythe the last thing you see as it disappears. You also see a gaping maw.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, northwest
hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

Tiny sparks of eerie green light suddenly blink into existence above you, whirling around and coalescing into a naisirc!
sneak ne

[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach.
Obvious paths: southwest
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You hear a loud *POP* as a large gaping maw opens up in front of you!

You see a black speck appear high in the sky above you. It comes hurtling down at an alarming rate. Right as it is about to smash into the ground, it stops. Suspended in midair for a moment you identify Spaewife before she comes tumbling to the ground.


A haze of shadow descends, cloaking the area in a twilight that obscures sight.


Spaewife murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Spaewife gestures.
Spaewife springs upright with amazing agility!

Spaewife just went southwest.

You feel less drained.


An unearthly moaning echoes around you, dispelling any sense of peace and security from the area.


The gaping maw opens wider for a moment then closes in upon itself. Within moments, it's gone!
l
[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach.
Obvious exits: southwest
unhide
You do not believe anyone noticed you slip out of hiding.
hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

Suddenly, the shadows cloaking the area in darkness fray into nothing, releasing the light like a prisoner freed from a dank cell.


A csetairi slithers in!

Waves of energy ripple through the area causing dust particles to dance in the air!

An ethereal light washes over you as you sense mana collecting around and in you!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...

The csetairi flashes with a bright white ethereal light!

A csetairi surveys the area searching for something.

A csetairi surveys the area searching for something.
l

[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach. You also see a csetairi.
Obvious paths: southwest

.ambush cs
stance off
ambush cs
You are now in an offensive stance.

[Script finished!]
You leap from hiding to attack!
You swing a massive vultite balestarius at a csetairi!
AS: +441 vs DS: +231 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +25 = +274
... and hit for 123 points of damage!
Brain driven into neck by mammoth downswing!
The csetairi crumples to the ground motionless.
The very powerful look leaves a csetairi.
The white light leaves a csetairi.
The opalescent aura fades from around a csetairi.
The deep blue glow leaves a csetairi.
The brilliant aura fades away from a csetairi.
The dim aura fades from around a csetairi.
The light blue glow leaves a csetairi.
The powerful look leaves a csetairi.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

.search

[Entering rest mode...press any key to resume.]

stance defensive
...wait 1 seconds.
stance defensive
...wait 1 seconds.
stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
loot

You search the csetairi.
You discard the csetairi's useless equipment.
It didn't carry any silver.
It had nothing of interest.
The csetairi's coils shrivel up as her human torso decays away.
loot

[Script finished!]
Could not find a valid target to loot.

The air crackles with potent energy!

An ethereal light washes over you as you sense mana collecting around and in you!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...


You feel less drained.

The spectral fog blanketing the area slowly drifts away.


You see a black speck appear high in the sky above you. It comes hurtling down at an alarming rate. Right as it is about to smash into the ground, it stops. Suspended in midair for a moment you identify Jemiquist before he comes tumbling to the ground.


In response to the soothing melody of Jemiquist's song, your surroundings become calm and still.

The air crackles with potent energy!

Black tendrils of anti-mana climb over Jemiquist draining his power!
Black tendrils of anti-mana climb over you as you sense your mana being drained away!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You feel the magic alien to you slipping away...



[Leaving rest mode.]

l
Jemiquist stands up.

[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach. You also see the Jemiquist disk.
Also here: Jemiquist
Obvious paths: southwest
hide
You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.

Jemiquist just went southwest.

hide

You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.


[Entering rest mode...press any key to resume.]


The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.


[Leaving rest mode.]

hide

You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.
l
[The Rift]
A cold, grey mist swirls around you, making it difficult to gain any sense of what is here. Through the haze a huge, gnarled hand stretches upward reaching grimly for something past your vision. As you move closer, it turns out to be only a dead tree, the bent and gnarled limbs twisting toward a blood eagle hovering just out of reach.
Obvious paths: southwest


[Entering rest mode...press any key to resume.]

You feel a gentle breath of fresh air brush across your face.


* The death cry of Spaewife echoes in your mind!

A swirling wind blows through the area!


[Leaving rest mode.]

hide

Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.


It's something else.

TheRoseLady
08-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I was able to hide in about 6 rooms in a row on Plane 3 - I'm not a hider so I didn't keep trying. I don't think the rooms on three shift.

The Cat In The Hat
08-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Ahhh, good to know Jonty since I now have an ambusher :)

Im still right 99.9% of the time (This may or may not be accurate information.)

Jonty
08-07-2005, 10:40 PM
se
[The Rift]
The darkness seems to wrap about you, seeking to hold you and bind you to it. But the darkness is cold, burning and scalding you with its icy touch. Too alien to be the comfortable darkness of the night, too hungry to be the peace of a room with curtains drawn, it leeches and draws the strength from you, threatening to leave you a dried husk.
Obvious paths: northwest
se
You can't go there.

You can't go there.
hide
You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.

A burst of ethereal light above your head brightens the area considerably.

hide
You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.

* Wighhay just bit the dust!

A strong wind swirls through the area!
hide
You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.

You feel less drained.

hide

You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.
A spectral fog rolls through the area.

hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

Looks like it's the fog. That's plane 3 BTW.

Jonty
08-07-2005, 10:48 PM
And plane 4:


sw
[The Rift]
The ground beneath you is white, strangely grainy and light. Tunnels lead off to the northeast and southwest, winding erratically through the odd earth. Walls made of a hard, transparent material close about you, distorting the images beyond them. Looking carefully, it almost seems that a small human sits just beyond the glass, staring at you with great interest.
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
hide

You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.


[Entering rest mode...press any key to resume.]


A spectral fog rolls through the area.



[Leaving rest mode.]

hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
* Ocissor just bit the dust!

* Smerker just bit the dust!

A burst of ethereal light above your head brightens the area considerably.

unhide
You do not believe anyone noticed you slip out of hiding.
hide
You look around, but can't see anywhere to hide.

It's the fog....

5 is the only plane that doesn't have it.

Jonty
08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
And I forgot the chute was only for dead bodies...


Your feet slip out from under you as you step into the wooden chute! Before there is a chance to react, you are whipping down into the darkness. The slide throws you about, and as you try to control your rapid descent you are suddenly struck in the forehead by a low overhang. You are barely able to keep consciousness as you feel yourself being thrown out into the air. Your leaden limbs move to try to break your fall as the ground rushes to meet you!
... 50 points of damage!
Hard strike removes the right eye and a goodly bit of skull!
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 26 mins...

* The death cry of Jonty echoes in your mind!

TheRoseLady
08-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Yep, you're right.