PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what gives?

Drezzt
08-05-2005, 08:13 PM
This has been going on about a month or two now...

You guys get a good answer? Posted on the boards too. We'll see what comes of it.

stance defen
You are now in a defensive stance.
>put dag in my sheath
You put a dagger in your snake skin sheath.

>search ogre
...wait 1 seconds.

No, search ogre dangit! Wait this!

Terminator X
08-05-2005, 10:48 PM
This has been going on noticably for about two, maybe three months now.

Strange, I've only noticed it after stance changes too.

HarmNone
08-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Sounds like you need to Assist and ask about it. It may be a mechanics change, or it may be a bug. The GameHost can find out for you, and if it's a bug, you can file a BUG report.

Flurbins
08-05-2005, 10:52 PM
This has been going on since about the start of GS4. It's been posted numerous times on the official boards. It's one of those things that simu just kind of sweeps under the rug instead of actually fixing.

ElanthianSiren
08-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Some people suggest it's to disrupt scripting. :shrug:

I know nothing about it.

-M

Drezzt
08-05-2005, 11:02 PM
If that's true, it's retarded. It takes two seconds to add a
match bleah wait
match bleah sorry
matchwait

Besides, according to official policy, scripting is there for the physically impaired to play. (ok, stupid, but that's what they say)
so how's that helping the gimps?

cajunlady
08-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I noticed something like it last night... had a mace in a sheath to skin krynch, and a knife in a bracer for scorpians. Almost always had the delay on the sheath held, and rarely on the bracer. somethink about the language on the sheath? Is that possible? no stance change either.

ElanthianSiren
08-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Beats me, and yah, it's easy to get around. I never said if it was true, it was smart, just that people had suggested it. They also suggested if you can't get around it you suck at scripting.

-M

hectomaner
08-05-2005, 11:42 PM
its been known for a long time, porcell raised a fuss about it. only seems to happen when you change stance.

Drezzt
08-06-2005, 05:04 AM
or when you put a weapon away, as above and with cajunlady's issue. Hmm. If I could just get around it for the "att" command..
heh!

Latrinsorm
08-06-2005, 09:55 AM
I doubt very much the GMs would break the game on purpose. Conversely, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the GMs were unwilling to make the effort to fix a nagging, mostly inconsequential bug.