PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be Kidding

Heshinar
08-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Well here is a pain in the arse.
I found a trap then blew the disarm. It was at the end of my skills right now.

Having discovered a trap on the strongbox you begin to carefully attempt to disarm it...

Something just went horribly awry!

You watch with disbelief and terror as part of the strongbox face breaks away and a pair of gleaming jaws clamp down on your hand! You let out a shriek as your hand falls to the floor!
You are stunned!

Roundtime: 40 sec.

Okay Missing hand. I go to a healer for help and she gets this.

As you probe the wound, you feel the violence associated with the injury. Underlying that, however, a sense of acceptance is apparent, and you understand that this wound was somehow received voluntarily. While healing the wound would be kind of you, you would probably not learn anything from the experience."

You gotta be kidding. I did not TRY to hurt myself I missed a trap. This is bull

Latrinsorm
08-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Next time just let it bleed for like 5 minutes. A rank 3 hand wound is only 150 exp.

StrayRogue
08-05-2005, 08:06 PM
They have it like that so people can't intentionally hurt themselves and then let empaths heal you for exp. It worked like that when I had the gem chisel where you'd get a hand minor each strike.

Heshinar
08-05-2005, 08:07 PM
The point is the mechanics of the game wouldnt let the healer heal it.

Are you saying let it bleed till I die? 3 per round? I might survive that for 5 minutes. Or bleed 5 minutes and then you can get healed?

The XP isnt the issue.

Why the hell not let someone heal damage?

Artha
08-05-2005, 08:09 PM
The mechanics of the game do indeed let the healer heal it.

As you probe the wound, you feel the violence associated with the injury. Underlying that, however, a sense of acceptance is apparent, and you understand that this wound was somehow received voluntarily. While healing the wound would be kind of you, you would probably not learn anything from the experience."

They just don't get exp.

StrayRogue
08-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Yep. They just have to tran <name> <wound> twice.

Amber
08-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Just agreeing with everyone else. They can still heal it, just not learn from it.

ElanthianSiren
08-05-2005, 10:59 PM
And yet, to play devil's advocate, what makes that wound more violent than one you get from a troll swinging a large claidhmore? Missing hand is a missing hand.

-M

Edaarin
08-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I used to set off spore traps in sancts if they were out of my range and then have my slave empath heal whatever lame injuries came out of it (usually, 6-8 HP and maybe a minor). It was always small because I'd use the empath to cast purify air on my rogue right before hand.

I got pulled once for it, but let go with just an admonishment to go back to town to get injuries healed if I wanted to set off traps that were too hard.

cajunlady
08-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
... It worked like that when I had the gem chisel where you'd get a hand minor each strike.
Are you talking about the gems in the tunnels of Zul?.. I want that emerald... I want them all...
I took an empath with me and she got warned for healing me. Never did get the gem. Had her try since her own wounds don't yield exp. and she didn't get it either... Is it only available at certain times?

StrayRogue
08-06-2005, 07:17 AM
No I'm talking about an expensive item that can increase the value of a gem whereby it gives you a hand minor for each price increase.

Kitsun
08-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by cajunlady

Originally posted by StrayRogue
... It worked like that when I had the gem chisel where you'd get a hand minor each strike.
Are you talking about the gems in the tunnels of Zul?.. I want that emerald... I want them all...
I took an empath with me and she got warned for healing me. Never did get the gem. Had her try since her own wounds don't yield exp. and she didn't get it either... Is it only available at certain times?

On the Zul gem: if its inside the niche, you can get it. There's probably some kind of dex/encumberance/wound check. My elves usually manage to snag it in a try or two.