PDA

View Full Version : Novak Suspended from CNN.

Ilvane
08-05-2005, 12:59 AM
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2005/08/04/cnn_suspends_novak_after_he_walks_off_set/

Whee, let the fun begin.:)

-A

Skirmisher
08-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Yes read that earlier.

Hopefully foreshadowing of things to come.

Back
08-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Saw the clip on The Daily Show. Hilarious. Both the clip and the show.

Keller
08-05-2005, 05:43 AM
I happened to catch the Daily Show tonight and it was a success. Jon's not had this much material in quite a while.

Between Novak's breakdown and O'Reilly's fallacious theories of supporting terrorism -- the writters put out some funny bits.

I thought the funniest part was the exchange between Steven Colbert and the NAACP representative on the racist implications of Dixie on the hood of the Duke's car:

Steven: But the flag is just a symbol. Those guys are having fun.

NAACP: Ya. Well there was a time in this country where people thought hanging black people from trees was fun.

Steven: (taking a disgusted tone) You see, that's where you and I differ.

Way to be on your toes Steve. Good shit.

Warriorbird
08-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Good to see Carville active.

Atlanteax
08-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird

He's actually not too bad.

I liked his cameo appearance in that one movie involving Will Ferrell in a Frat House.

Back
08-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Those are some great conservative values displayed there by Novak. A real shining light to family values everywhere.

08-05-2005, 09:34 AM
SSSHHHHHHHHHH We're hunnting wabbits.

Parkbandit
08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird

It sure is. He's the best thing the Republicans have going for them right now.

Skirmisher
08-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Oh, come on, you always have good ole Ann Coulter.

Coulter: "Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?"

McKeown interrupts: "Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter: "I don't think that's right."

McKeown: "Canada did not send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter (looking desperate): "Indochina?"

McKeown: "Uh no. Canada ...second World War of course. Korea. Yes. Vietnam No."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, took a pass on Vietnam."

McKeown: "No, Australia was there, not Canada."

Coulter: "I think Canada sent troops."

McKeown: "No."

Coulter: "Well. I'll get back to you on that."

McKeown tags out in script:

"Coulter never got back to us -- but for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam."

Ahh, forgot to add a link for a clip of that one of many shining momnts for Coulter.

Coulter Clip Link <----------------- (http://www.blogtelevision.net/p/Watch-Video-OReilly-Coulter-Wokboarding-and-Skype___1,2,,11216.html)

(edited to add the video link)

[Edited on 8-5-2005 by Skirmisher]

Back
08-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I actually enjoy reading Coulter. If you really examine some of the things she says, shes not always bashing the left. In fact, I read a lot of criticism of the right in some of her columns.

Novak is having a rough month. Two shows of his cancelled before this little out-burst and with the leak investigation he has to be on edge to let someone like Carville get to him like that.

DeV
08-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
Saw the clip on The Daily Show. Hilarious. Both the clip and the show. Same. It was hiliarous for lack of a better word.
Too add to what Keller was saying, the NAACP part was so freaking funny. It looked like dude wanted to laugh at any minute. When he showed him the video on the laptop... "I don't want any of that" or something to that effect. It was a really good show.

ElanthianSiren
08-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I think Carville is funny, though the coolest things about his life are not things that he openly talks about. The man's pretty nimble -- he can go from one subject to another lightning fast, mostly because he has a severe form of ADD. He claims he makes it work for him, rather than handicapping him. Secondly, he's married to a conservative, which suggests to me that he doesn't always have to be "right" all the time, more that he is happy talking politics with people who feel passionately about politics.

That all said, I think it was bad form to go after Novak. If the media has to respect that Bush and his Administration are avoiding discussing the whole thing, what makes them think that firing Novak up about it is going to be beneficial in any way? :shrug:

-M

xtc
08-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Oh, come on, you always have good ole Ann Coulter.

Coulter: "Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?"

McKeown interrupts: "Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter: "I don't think that's right."

McKeown: "Canada did not send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter (looking desperate): "Indochina?"

McKeown: "Uh no. Canada ...second World War of course. Korea. Yes. Vietnam No."

McKeown: "No, took a pass on Vietnam."

McKeown: "No, Australia was there, not Canada."

Coulter: "I think Canada sent troops."

McKeown: "No."

Coulter: "Well. I'll get back to you on that."

McKeown tags out in script:

"Coulter never got back to us -- but for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam."

Ahh, forgot to add a link for a clip of that one of many shining momnts for Coulter.

Coulter Clip Link <----------------- (http://www.blogtelevision.net/p/Watch-Video-OReilly-Coulter-Wokboarding-and-Skype___1,2,,11216.html)

(edited to add the video link)

[Edited on 8-5-2005 by Skirmisher]

I saw the interview on Canadian television, it was hilarious. Coulter puts the I in Ignorant.

Warriorbird
08-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Eh. Gore didn't respect him nearly enough, PB. Mighta been different results if he did.

08-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
Secondly, he's married to a conservative, which suggests to me that he doesn't always have to be "right" all the time, more that he is happy talking politics with people who feel passionately about politics.

Sex does that to men

xtc
08-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Dave

Secondly, he's married to a conservative, which suggests to me that he doesn't always have to be "right" all the time, more that he is happy talking politics with people who feel passionately about politics.

Sex does that to men

Sex and marriage are two entirely separate issues.

Keller
08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by xtc

Originally posted by Dave

Sex does that to men

Sex and marriage are two entirely separate issues.

In fact I'd argue they are entirely different.

peam
08-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone have a link to the Daily Show clip?

Here's a decent Quicktime of the CNN show:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508040004

Back
08-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Ahh, good lad. Fine site. I’ve taught you well.