PDA

View Full Version : Attacked? Just type "QUIT" quoth Emeradan

Drew
08-04-2005, 04:50 AM
Scene: Dionisius is causing trouble just for the sake of it and trys to boil my character. I 110 him because it's the only spell my character has that will stun someone without killing them (usually). By some amazing stroke of luck it actually kills him. I report because I want the warrant taken off, I knew it was highly unlikely but might as well.

report If Dionisus is just gonna attack people randomly and he has no care for death (the guy had 600k DR points when they were still around) I shouldn't be fined for killing him when he attacks me. I didn't even mean to kill him, I've never seen 110 kill anyone.

REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

SEND[Emeradan] Don't kill people in town, and you won't be arrested. :)

>report The guy was boiling my character, 110 is the least lethal means I have of stopping him

>REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

SEND[Emeradan] Typing QUIT is pretty non-lethal, too...plus, it keeps you from getting fined or jailed, or both. If you have further concerns, though, please feel free to ASSIST and speak with a Host.

>report QUIT the game because there is a troll? Isn't that exactly what they want? I'll be assisting.

REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Anyway, now we know why Sillvento never gets in trouble for slamming. It's apparently policy to avoid conflict to leave the game if someone attacks your character. I actually thought of Emeradan as a decent GM before this but I was literally slack-jawed when I saw that send. It was almost surreal.

All the times people are complaining about slamming and how it makes no sense RP wise, how it's mechanics abuse, etc and here is GameMaster recommending I do it.

I didn't end up assisting because I don't know how they are going to give me back the 23 minutes spent in the stocks and I don't really want to get the run-around from a game host. They aren't going to do anything about Dionisius and I'm not going to be compensated for not slamming.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.

[Edited on 8-4-2005 by Drew]

GSLady17
08-04-2005, 04:54 AM
I thought it was against policy to attack and then leave.
That is such a terrible response by a GM.

Kenn
08-04-2005, 04:56 AM
Yeah, that's kinda funny. "Whenever you're attacked, just quit the game! It's so simple!"

I would have suggested that the person that attacked you get an AS bonus when you return in game, because if it's fair for critters, it should be fair for players.

Drew
08-04-2005, 05:00 AM
It's just that easy.

GSLady17
08-04-2005, 05:53 AM
Hm. I wonder If someone could disarm someone, and take their weapon. Then when people try to kill the theif, they could just log out and keep the items.

TheRoseLady
08-04-2005, 07:23 AM
That is Emeradan. He rides the pendulum for me between an all right guy and a real fucking smart ass who just feels a tad bit too important.

I can see his point, typing quit does prevent jail, but it's a poor response. They wonder why people complain that nothing is done about trouble makers, who wants to deal with a dude who talks to you like he's your principal. I never really cared for him when he was an officer in the house I'm in, he is one of those GMs who likes hero worship, which shown through in his character.

HarmNone
08-04-2005, 07:59 AM
That makes absolutely no sense. Someone is attacking you, and you're supposed to log off? WTF is that? I can see telling someone to walk away from trouble and Assist/Report; however, telling you to type "Quit" to avoid being harassed by a troublemaker is downright ludicrous. Deal with the freaking troublemaker! :grr:

Was there any interaction between you and Dionisius before he started his attack, or was it just a random attack?

Fission
08-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Hmm, if that's the recommended course of action, can I use Meteor Swarm or Major E-Wave to be first in line at the next merchant? I attacked all of you, run away, run away!

:bleh:

ElanthianSiren
08-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Wow, if they have that policy on everyone, my PCs have a few scores to settle.

My targets can just "log off", and I won't be pulled to consultation, I'm sure. /sarcasm

-M

Hulkein
08-04-2005, 08:10 AM
What a dumbass.

Instead of addressing the problem that Dion is obviously just out to annoy people, he advises logging off when in trouble.

StrayRogue
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM
What a retard. Next time I get stunned by a creature I'm gonna slam. When I come back and die I'm gonna report asking wtf happened, Emeradan said it was OK to do it.

HarmNone
08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
If you do, Stray, they'll probably just tell you that the rule only applies to those being attacked by PCs while in town. :rolleyes:

Snapp
08-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Slamming is your friend! :baa:

08-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Emeredan's response wasn't very well thought-out, but Drew's request to have the fine taken away is ludicrous.

You can't expect GM's to remove your fines because you say "but he was asking for it!".

GSLady17
08-04-2005, 09:16 AM
If someone pulled a gun on you and you pulled out a knife and stabbed him, it would be self defense. I think if you are attacked, Who ever is attacked first, should have free range to kill the attacker with out a fine.

08-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by GSLady17
If someone pulled a gun on you and you pulled out a knife and stabbed him, it would be self defense. I think if you are attacked, Who ever is attacked first, should have free range to kill the attacker with out a fine.

But that's not how the game works, and we all know that. If he got attacked for no reason, he should have REPORTed. He can't kill the guy, and then REPORT and say "Hey, give me money back, that guy started it".

Common sense. :duh:

Goretawn
08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Bottom line, you killed Dio in town. All killing, whether justified or not, is illegal in town. Everyone knows it, lives with it.

I understand it was self defense, but whining about it will make no difference.

For a GM to say <<Typing QUIT is pretty non-lethal, too...plus, it keeps you from getting fined or jailed, or both. >> is crap and the chickens way of dealing with a situation.

You already did your time, suck it up and drive on.

Jay
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
That is Emeradan. He rides the pendulum for me between an all right guy and a real fucking smart ass who just feels a tad bit too important.

Good call!

What do you expect? Delyorik is a putz.

[Edited on 8-4-2005 by Jay]

Alfster
08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
This is how I see it -

First off this entire conversation should never have taken place. Regardless if you were trying to or not, you killed someone in town. You thinking that because you didn't mean to kill him...you shouldn't be fined is stupid as shit.

Going from your logic, because I didn't mean to have soandso catch me steal from them...I should get my fine dropped because they saw me.

What I see is an abuse of report. There are many many ways to get away from someone who is annoying you, and killing them is going to land you in jail.

Secondly, from the GM's persepective, I wouldn't doubt if the GM in question was actually busy. I have no idea what any GM's actually do, but the GM was probably annoyed by having someone report something that was obviously working as intended.

SEND[Emeradan] Don't kill people in town, and you won't be arrested.

There he told you that the system was working as intended...you were not satisfied.

>report The guy was boiling my character, 110 is the least lethal means I have of stopping him

But you had to have the last word....even though you now know from what the GM told you that the system was working fine...you wanted to plead your case.

SEND[Emeradan] Typing QUIT is pretty non-lethal, too...plus, it keeps you from getting fined or jailed, or both. If you have further concerns, though, please feel free to ASSIST and speak with a Host.

Bad judgement on the GM's side, but I'll have to go with he was annoyed and may have been doing other things. His response was not exactly what I would expect from a GM but the point is, why would you report a case in which you killed someone in town hoping that the fine would be dropped? Leave the room, walk away, if someone's annoying you...that's what should be done.

Since the upgrades of the justice system the spell that you casted at someone in town, is considered to be (I believe) the lower form of assault. If you had not killed him, and he accused you...would you still report and ask if your fine be dropped?

No, I don't think you would have.

All I see was you annoying a GM and him giving you a quick response. I don't agree with his response, but I don't believe it should have even gotten to that point.

Let me clarify something, after you type report...this message comes up.

Please do explain to me how this was an EMERGENCY situation or gamewide technical error? It even tells you to use assist, which is what the GM told you. Hell, even Suave can probably figure that one out.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I thought it was against policy to attack and then leave.
That is such a terrible response by a GM.

It is against policy to attack someone and then leave.

It is NOT against policy to be attacked and then leave.

If you're the attacker it is, however...if you did nothing...you don't have to stick around.

In this case, he did do something. He casted a spell that killed someone.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Hm. I wonder If someone could disarm someone, and take their weapon. Then when people try to kill the theif, they could just log out and keep the items.

That would be against policy

First off, it is against policy to disarm someone and keep the weapon.

The problem with your statement is that the thief was the instigator. That would be slamming, by instigating and then leaving.

However, if you are on the flipside and nothing is said or done aside from the disarming, it's perfectly fine for you to walk away and report. You'll more than likely get your weapon back and the thief in question will at the least get a warn.

This is how people get banned from the game. They instigate a fight, attack, and then slam.

You can't slam if you're not the instigator unless you attack back. It's that simple.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
That makes absolutely no sense. Someone is attacking you, and you're supposed to log off? WTF is that? I can see telling someone to walk away from trouble and Assist/Report; however, telling you to type "Quit" to avoid being harassed by a troublemaker is downright ludicrous. Deal with the freaking troublemaker! :grr:

He did deal with the trouble maker, he casted a spell that killed the trouble maker.

He easily could have reported/assisted, walked away, logged off, talked his way out of it...he could have gone many directions. He chose one that put him in jail and then whined because he got a fine.

If he hadn't already attacked either verbally or physically, then he would not have been slamming by logging off...and he most certainly wouldn't have abused the report verb.

Landrion
08-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Thats a crappy answer. It would be a lot easier to evade someone by going to a table. You cant report or assist when logged either.

I dont understand why Emeredan would reply that. Hes an ok guy usually. Maybe he thought you were yanking their chains about the report in the first place and was screwing around with you in turn. Beats me.

SpunGirl
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Using REPORT to demand that a fine be removed for attacking someone in town is just silly.

-K

HarmNone
08-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Alfster

He did deal with the trouble maker, he casted a spell that killed the trouble maker.

He easily could have reported/assisted, walked away, logged off, talked his way out of it...he could have gone many directions. He chose one that put him in jail and then whined because he got a fine.

If he hadn't already attacked either verbally or physically, then he would not have been slamming by logging off...and he most certainly wouldn't have abused the report verb.

When I said deal with the troublemaker, I wasn't referring to the player. I was referring to the need for the Simu staff to deal with the troublemakers. ;)

HarmNone
08-04-2005, 11:07 AM
I do agree that the use of Report in this case was a misuse. Report is for emergencies. You really should have used Assist, told your tale to a GameHost and asked for a referral if you weren't satisfied.

While I don't think you should have your fine returned, or your arrest rescinded since you did kill someone in town, I do believe that the GMs response was way outa line.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 11:12 AM
troublemaker! :grr:

When I said deal with the troublemaker, I wasn't referring to the player. I was referring to the need for the Simu staff to deal with the troublemakers. ;)

Oh, my apologies then.

From what I know the character in question has been banned once.

HarmNone
08-04-2005, 11:17 AM
If he/she's been banned once and is still causing trouble, it seems pretty clear to me that the banning did not teach the necessary lesson. To me, that would indicate that this particular player isn't capable of adjusting to GemStone and needs to be removed for a much longer period of time...say a year. Then, if he/she comes back and does the same thing again, just pack their little ditty bag and pitch them out permanently.

Another thought...if you can't learn anything by being banned, all your uber gear and all your coins COULD just magically asplode... :D

Drew
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Dionisius has been banned once. If a character is harrassing/attacking mine in-character there are certain ways to deal with it and killing them is one, happens often enough and I don't ever whine about a fine in town. This guy wears no gear so he doesn't care about fines, and he insta-decays when people kills him. All he does (that I've ever seen) is go around and be disruptive.

Walking away is a poor suggesion, IMO, because this is not an in-character situation, it's a troll. Walking away is just what the troll wants, he wants any kind of attention he can get and he wants to ruin your game experience because he gets some perverse pleasure from it. I was trying to stop an entirely OOC interaction from killing my character, hence the 110. If I had wanted to kill the guy I would have used 616.

I don't feel bad about reporting it either, the chances were better of getting my warrant taken away by reporting (I've had it happen before) than getting it taken away by assisting (0% chance of that). If problems like Dionisius et al were dealt with in a sort of quick manner I wouldn't, but Simu just lets these people run around for their extra 15-40 dollars a month so whining about wasting some GMs time when they won't even waste their time getting rid of obvious problems and mechanics abusers holds no water with me.

Drew
08-04-2005, 11:40 AM

Another thought...if you can't learn anything by being banned, all your uber gear and all your coins COULD just magically asplode... :D

This paticular player doesn't carry any gear or have any coins that I know of. It makes any charges filed against him worthless.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Drew

This paticular player doesn't carry any gear or have any coins that I know of. It makes any charges filed against him worthless.

For him it may. For you it does not.

Drew
08-04-2005, 11:44 AM

For him it may. For you it does not.

Charges against characters are IC methods, they aren't an effective way of dealing with OOC interactions.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Where did the OOC come from?

Drew
08-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't feel bad about reporting it either

On the other hand, just to amplify, if he wanted to blow me off I would have understood. He could have just given me the whole "assist and tell it to a gamehost" routine and that would have been that, report over, no complaint on the PC. Telling me to QUIT when attacked by a troll is what I find incredible, not that they wouldn't take away my warrant.

Drew
08-04-2005, 11:50 AM

What he was doing was saying "HAIL HIM" to various people and when they didn't respond he'd try to boil them, or he would if they did respond as well. Sure looks like OOC attacking whoever you want dressed up under the thinnest veil of IC. Especially given this paticular character.

DeV
08-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Telling me to QUIT when attacked by a troll is what I find incredible, not that they wouldn't take away my warrant. Yes, that was quite a ridiculous response.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM

What he was doing was saying "HAIL HIM" to various people and when they didn't respond he'd try to boil them, or he would if they did respond as well. Sure looks like OOC attacking whoever you want dressed up under the thinnest veil of IC. Especially given this paticular character.

That changes things a bit, yes....all I had to go off of was your original post.

Either way, you did kill someone...and you got a shitty response. I'm not disagreeing with you on that.

Chelle
08-04-2005, 12:08 PM
What in the hell was the GM thinking practically telling you to slam. I dont get it. :?:

Skirmisher
08-04-2005, 12:12 PM
If I was given such a smart ass answer my response would have been as follows.

Hrm...sure...I'll type "Quit"

I'll then type "Cancel Account" to your billing department, how about that?

Alfster
08-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
If I was given such a smart ass answer my response would have been as follows.

Hrm...sure...I'll type "Quit"

I'll then type "Cancel Account" to your billing department, how about that?

But the real question is, "Would you ever report to get a fine dropped because you didn't mean to kill him in town?"

Skirmisher
08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Hrmmm.. No I wouldn't.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I highly doubt that you'd recieve the same treatment from a GM then.

Drew
08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Actually, the real question is, why would a GM tell you to quit if you were attacked?

Drew
08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Am I the only one who reports troublemakers?

Alfster
08-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Actually, the real question is, why would a GM tell you to quit if you were attacked?

So he wouldn't have to listen to you whine ever again.

Alfster
08-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Am I the only one who reports troublemakers?

How is reporting troublemakers and reporting a fine you want dropped the same?

Drew
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
It draws attention to the situation and gives me an outside chance of getting my fine taken away. In the scheme of things 60k or whatever the fine was is nothing, but it's the fact that I shouldn't have been put in the situation that I have to pay it because the GMs refuse to deal with obvious troublemakers like that guy.

CrystalTears
08-04-2005, 12:54 PM
You should have just walked away, reported the situation, and never have cast a spell on the guy, regardless of whether it was meant to kill or not. The second you did that, you basically consented to the conflict. Reporting to have a fine taken away for something you know you did wrong was very strange.

08-04-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't feel bad about reporting it either, the chances were better of getting my warrant taken away by reporting (I've had it happen before) than getting it taken away by assisting (0% chance of that).

If problems like Dionisius et al were dealt with in a sort of quick manner I wouldn't, but Simu just lets these people run around for their extra 15-40 dollars a month so whining about wasting some GMs time when they won't even waste their time getting rid of obvious problems and mechanics abusers holds no water with me.

Regarding the first part, that's only a partial truth. While I don't doubt you've had fines removed, you've never had a fine removed after you killed someone in town. There is no way a GM said "Yeah, he deserved it, I'll return your 150k."

Regarding the second part, staff can't interfere (which is supposedly what you want) while you are in the process of killing the player you are complaining about.

REPORT Hey, that guy I just killed is attacking everyone...gimme my silvers back!

Drew
08-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
You should have just walked away

That's crazy, walk away because some troll came in?

CrystalTears
08-04-2005, 01:24 PM
You can't ignore trolls? Okay. Then attack him. Just don't act all surprised about a fine if it was done in town.

08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
You can't ignore trolls? Okay. Then attack him. Just don't act all surprised about a fine if it was done in town.

Exactly. It's pretty lame to decide you want to attack him, when you know he doesn't care if he gets killed, and then to complain that you killed him.

Then you go to the GM's and tell them that Dion doesn't care about death, and by the way he had a shitload of death's sting points before we did away with that, and he's randomly attacking people. Oh, and you didn't mean to kill him with the spell, so you should get your silvers back.

Can't you see how silly that sounds? You weren't reporting a troublemaker, you were pissed that you killed someone that doesn't care about death, and that you had to pay a fine for it.

Drew
08-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I didn't want to attack him, I was trying to stop my character from getting killed by his boil earths. And yeah I pissed off, ever since we lost 115 rangers don't have any non-lethal way of stopping someone. 110 was my best choice and but apparently the guy has less than 40 health. I'm not gonna just stand there and wait till his boils kill my character and lose all his spells.

CrystalTears
08-04-2005, 01:53 PM
"Seriously, officer, I just wanted to smack him on the head with my baseball bat so that he would leave me alone. I didn't know it would kill him! Please take back the ticket. I blame myself."

Drew
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM

Apparently if you ignore them they cast boil earth at you. I'm not gonna leave the room each time one shows up though, I was interacting with other people in the TC and it's patently ridiculous to say that you shouldn't be able to stay in the population of your town centre because some idiot showed up. They shouldn't be allowed to ruin the game like that and leaving only encourages them.

Anyway, I'm heading out of town for three days so if I don't respond I'm not ignoring you, just not able to find internet in the hotel I'm going to.

CrystalTears
08-04-2005, 02:01 PM
If they are really being trolls, then just report the situation so that they can be watched. You didn't have to cast anything. All I was saying is that the second you cast at them, you became part of the problem.

Joe
08-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Sounds like somebody was trying to be funny. Either way...1) he should've thought out that response a bit better, especially considering the posts in this thread...sheesh, and 2) you killed somebody in town and you want your fine taken away? Ballsy, but I don't think it's gonna wash.

Doyle Hargraves
08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Emeradan is a fucking toolbag. The fact that he's a GM proves that they'll hire just about anybody with a clean record and good Simucon ass kissing skills.

OreoElf
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Doyle Hargraves
Emeradan is a fucking toolbag. The fact that he's a GM proves that they'll hire just about anybody with a clean record and good Simucon ass kissing skills.

Gonna have to agree with you on this... Though I've never met him in person, Emeradan is the one GM th at I hear nothing but bad stuff from people who meet him IRL. He's always feed me the textbook lines of ignore, report, assist. It was a idiotic response, but what do you expect from the chumps that work as GH's and GM's.

Divinity
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I didn't want to attack him, I was trying to stop my character from getting killed by his boil earths.

Very simple. Walk away or hide. Either one.

From reading your posts, you know about this player/character's mannerisms. It's been said time and time again by GMs that you consent to PVP or another player's attacking when you attack back.

I understand what you're trying to say, but you were wrong. Doesn't make him right for what he did. So you're both wrong.

Also, sad enough, just because one GM dropped your fine at one point, doesn't mean that any other GM would do it.

As for what Emerdan said, yeah.. uhm.. wtf. Heh.

I mean, if you didn't instigate the fight or have any interaction with him at all, you typing "quit" wouldn't be slamming. If you didn't do anything to get a consequence of some sort of retribution from the situation, you're not slamming.

If not comfortable with typing that, again, just walk to a table or some private area and REPORT the situation.

Giving this guy the attention he wanted, from what you said that was disturbance, you're just playing into the role of feeding his "trolling."

Skirmisher
08-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by OreoElf

Gonna have to agree with you on this... Though I've never met him in person, Emeradan is the one GM th at I hear nothing but bad stuff from people who meet him IRL. He's always feed me the textbook lines of ignore, report, assist. It was a idiotic response, but what do you expect from the chumps that work as GH's and GM's.

Not all staff are bad by any means and categorizing them all as such is being overly simplistic. I have had some excellent dealings with GM's over the years and made a few complaints.

I agree this was handled extremely poorly. That is no way to speak to someone even if they may be making a request of something they should not. They really can say no without being a smartass about it.

I have had zero encounters with him personally so cannot add to that aspect of the conversation.

Just don't paint them all with the same brush.

Parkbandit
08-04-2005, 05:05 PM
If I was a GM and someone was using report for that reason, my response would probably get me fired.

OreoElf
08-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Originally posted by OreoElf

Not all staff are bad by any means and categorizing them all as such is being overly simplistic. I have had some excellent dealings with GM's over the years and made a few complaints.

I agree this was handled extremely poorly. That is no way to speak to someone even if they may be making a request of something they should not. They really can say no without being a smartass about it.

I have had zero encounters with him personally so cannot add to that aspect of the conversation.

Just don't paint them all with the same brush.

Good point. There are a few GM's that are great... and many that I think lack the skills to work with people. Some of them should just be coders IMO. I've had mixed interactions with Emeradan in game... I just think they should hold themselves to a higher standard of customer service... we do pay to play this game, not for them to mock and insult us.

TheRoseLady
08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I highly doubt that you'd recieve the same treatment from a GM then.

Alf,

There's a correct way to handle, even the most idiotic reports. It's not the way Emeradan did, the whys of Drew reporting is one entire topic for debate. The way that Emeradan responded was inappropriate regardless of the rest.

[Edited on 8-4-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Flurbins
08-04-2005, 05:43 PM
If they want to make all their current GMs look absolutely stellar, all they have to do is give Quabu a GM position.

[Edited on 8-4-2005 by Flurbins]

OreoElf
08-04-2005, 06:00 PM
:lol2: :yeahthat:

[Edited on 8-4-2005 by OreoElf]

Nieninque
08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
This thread is like the one where Sparrow went to Silverwood Manor or whatever it's called to be a dick to the mentor and then posted here about how bad the mentor was.

Seriously...you act like a dick then expect someone to take you seriously.

:rolleyes:

Rainy Day
08-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Divinity

Giving this guy the attention he wanted, from what you said that was disturbance, you're just playing into the role of feeding his "trolling."

:yeahthat:

RD

Fowl
08-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I think nearly all of us can agree with this finely tuned statement. At least those who have had to use Report for a situation:
"That is Emeradan. He rides the pendulum for me between an all right guy and a real fucking smart ass who just feels a tad bit too important.
"

Doyle Hargraves
08-06-2005, 03:23 PM
But he's the "quote" guy for Simucon.

That makes him uber important.

Fowl
08-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Every time I enjoy Sproink I just have to remember who it is behind the character, and then the enjoyment falters. Unless I'm wrong about the Sproink connection, but I've heard it from more than one person.

Drew
08-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I thought Sproink was Khaladon?

Miss X
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Pretty sure Sproink isnt Emeradan or Khaladon... You only have to read the official boards to see which GM plays him. :)

Doyle Hargraves
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
It's already listed somewhere in this thread who Emeradan is.

Warriorbird
08-08-2005, 02:58 PM
They were referring to the merchant Sproink, who gets posted about by the GM who represents him, who definitely isn't Emeradan.

Joe
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Heh...it's not like someone can't compare pictures at gathers and figure out who these people are...some of you act like you're some sort of uber-knowitall for, OMG, figuring it out. Wow. <G>:scared2:

Doyle Hargraves
08-08-2005, 11:54 PM
They were referring to the merchant Sproink, who gets posted about by the GM who represents him, who definitely isn't Emeradan.

Ah, I see. Guess that's what happens when I skip over a few posts.

Heh...it's not like someone can't compare pictures at gathers and figure out who these people are...some of you act like you're some sort of uber-knowitall for, OMG, figuring it out. Wow. <G>

:yeahthat:

Check this out, true story. A friend of mine went to Simucon one year and there was this guy named Delyorik there. The next year my friend went again, and he said there was this guy there that looked EXACTLY like Delyorik, but he had this nametag on that said Emeradan on it. He also said he couldn't find Delyorik anywhere.

It truly boggles the mind. We can't figure out for the life of us what happened to Delyorik, and why there was someone else there that looked just like him, yet Delyorik wasn't. I sure hope Delyorik's ok. That Emeradan guy might be an identity thief or something.

DCSL
08-09-2005, 12:29 AM
I forget exactly how it's spelled but Hadlir? is Sproink. He's posted it all over the boards so it's not a secret. I like his work ethic.

Michaelous
08-09-2005, 04:05 AM
thats just emerdans way of calling you a dumb ass, cause you are!!! crying about a crime and expecting help from a gm you nutless piece of shit

Fowl
08-09-2005, 08:36 PM
ahh I thought Hadlir just helped. hmm, I'm liking Sproink more then, as long as it isn't who I thought it was. Thanks!