PDA

View Full Version : Dark Moon Faire

Androidpk
08-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Anyone check this out yet? Some of the epic trinket rewards look pretty neat though i'm more interested in the epic neck item. I calculated that i'll need 480 rugged leather kits to get it, or 2400 rugged leather. :wow:

Shari
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Where's the faire located at?

AnticorRifling
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
East.

Shari
08-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I hate you.

Androidpk
08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Changes every month I believe, between Elwynn Forest for alliance, and Mulgore for Horde.

Jadewolff
08-08-2005, 12:00 PM
From what I understand...It's south of Goldshire on Argent Dawn today. Of course, I'm at work so can't confirm.

Hips
08-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I heard it starts at 7 PM.

08-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm so glad the Horde gets this fair. There is nothing more I can imagine that the Horde would do than ride ferris wheels. Yep.. Trolls in go-carts.. Gah.

- Arkans

Androidpk
08-08-2005, 12:45 PM
It is indeed up and running.

Numbers
08-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Went and checked it out.

It's pretty crummy. You can see everything there is to see there in about three minutes.

There's four vendors. Two sell food and drinks, the other two sell some leather, some herbs, and some vials.

There's two turnin NPC's. One takes vendor trash from mobs... small furry paws, evil bat eyes, bushy tails, etc. The other accepts items that are made from your profession, it seems like. For me, he wanted leatherworked items. Not sure what he'd accept from people with only gathering professions. Not sure what those turnins do, since I didn't bother turning anything in, but it would probably give you some faction and Darkmoon tickets.

The tickets you turn in to another NPC. The range of tickets needed for prizes is absurd. He'll accept 5 to 50 tickets for what seems like absolute crap prizes. Then, out of no where, it jumps to 1200 tickets for the epic necklaces, which it doesn't even show you what it is... you'd have to go to Allakhazam to see what those necklaces actually are.

Then there's the NPC who will accept one of those decks of cards.

The last NPC worthy of note is one that tells your fortune and seems to give you a buff depending on your answers. I got a 10% agility buff that lasted 2 hours. He also sent me to a tree stump in Mulgore which, when I opened, gave me a lockbox that had some crappy level 47 green armor, and some drink and food.

That's all there is. Believe it or not, in the time it took you to read this post, you could have gone all over the Faire and discovered all of this.

If this is Blizzard's idea of "casual content," I'm not too hopeful at their future attempts.

EDIT: By the way, found this link in the forums.

http://www.goblinworkshop.com/darkmoon-faire.html

They nerfed the 1,200 ticket rewards, hard. And the Heroism deck doesn't work for ranged attacks, so hunters need not apply. And now that tickets are soulbound, some professions have been entirely left out of the tradeskill turn ins.

[Edited on 8-8-2005 by 3704558]

Gridlock
08-08-2005, 04:50 PM
i used to play wow till i moved to BFE and cant get a connection faster then 26k dialup

Androidpk
08-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Way to go Blizzard :?: I'm still interested in the elementals deck though I don't have any cards yet. Found 2 warlord cards yesterday.