PDA

View Full Version : Sylvarraend

allen
08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I was checking out the maps of the hunting area in EN, because frankly I'm just about tired of hunting in Landing. Does anyone know if the little town area is ever crowded or anything? I don't know anything about it, would it seem foolish to pack up and move there and plan on staying there a bit to hunt? I noticed a bank/gemshop/pawnshop, so figured I'd ask.

TheRoseLady
08-01-2005, 08:50 PM
It's far from crowded. It's like a little outpost and most of the people I see there are rangers like my one character. You might find a person or two but it's pretty bare. Quiet and all.

It's just down the road from Ta'Ill which the dais is usually hopping.

allen
08-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Ok so it wouldn't be a bad idea to go there, might have to check it out, thanks!

mgoddess
08-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Only thing to keep in mind, is if you're premie, your teleporty item won't work from Sylverraend...you'll need to run to Ta'Ill to use it.

GSLady17
08-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Very true. However, with a script, it takes less then 30 seconds to get there. I made one that leaves from the tables. It's a very nice place to rest.

Also: There are no laws. I'll get around 50 tower boxes, if the locksmith fumbles or such and blows himself or everyone else up, he/she will not be fined. Yet, it's close enough to Illistem for people to fog in and save you!

[Edited on 8-2-2005 by GSLady17]

allen
08-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Since I'm not so familiar with it, is there any chance you guys have a script from Landing to Ta'Illistim and possibly one to Sylv and back? I know it's a long shot, but I hate getting lost.

GSLady17
08-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by allen
Since I'm not so familiar with it, is there any chance you guys have a script from Landing to Ta'Illistim and possibly one to Sylv and back? I know it's a long shot, but I hate getting lost.

Yes. I do. I will add a few scripts.

The first one is one that will take you from shop to shop in Ta'Illistem. If you use the option "go outside" you will get different options then if you were in town. There is an option that takes you right outside the pawn shop in sylv. If you go south, and then either "go door" or "go tavern" (both work), you are at the tables.

The second script, will take you from your table (have to be at a table to start it in the tavern in sylv) to the gate to Illistem. You can then use the first script again and use the option "dais" where you will be able to then again have the options of all the shops in town.

The third script, is a script that will take you from one town, to any other town in Gemstone. Start it outside of landing north gate and type the number of the town you want to go to. The only thing you have to do to get to Ilistem, is the rope ladder shuffle, and the climbing ladder. Then I believe the climb after the second cart ride. It does everything else for you Searching etc. I've never died in the tree on the way from landing to ferry on the script.

The first and third script have some directions built into them so they are easy to use.

The second one is just one I through together in five minutes but it works fast and well.

[Edited on 8-2-2005 by GSLady17]

allen
08-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks a ton, I appreciate it, but I downloaded the maps one, to desktop, and when I go to open it, it opens a window, scrolls through some words, and closes, only opens for about 1 second..Probably my junky computer.

GSLady17
08-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok, that's because it's .cmd.

If you use wizard save it directly into you're script folder.

My computer
C:
program files
SIMU
Wizard
Gemstone
(or is it gemstone, and then wizard--anyways)

then scripts.

Then, when lets say you are outside the north gate in landing, Type .maps (for the third script) that will start the script up and give you options.

FOr the middle script, type .town when you are at the table in sylv

For the first script type .en when you are in a shop, outside gate, or in dais.

So basically to get the script up and running you type "period" and then file name.

Don't forget the period ( . ) before the file name!

allen
08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Damn, that's smooth, and if I want to leave Ta'Illistim, where do I run the script from?

GSLady17
08-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Outside the gate I believe.

allen
08-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks a bunch, be heading there in a week or two.