PDA

View Full Version : Guild Skills

Kenn
07-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see what the rest of you think about this.

Trolling through the Simu forums, I came across a thread about this. There were lots of good ideas and a lot of bad ones. Here's a couple I would like to see rangers get:

1. Some sort of poison production. Being rangers, we are supposed to be masters/mistresses of the outdoors. The spell Wall of Thorns has a chance to inflict a stamina draining poison effect. I believe rangers should be able to forage for certain, poisonous types of herbs and then be able to processes them into poisoins that can be poured over weapons / arrows. For edged weapons, the chance to poison could only be present if the weapon made a slashing/puncturing attack (no crushing) and the arrow only if it sticks into the target. Also, different types of plants should make different types of poisons. One poison that causes damage, one that drains stamina, one that adds roundtime like a lesser Slow (504), even one that could put a target to sleep / calm. Like a eblade, the poison would have a certain amount of "charges" and could be removed by pouring some antidote over the arrows if desired. And of course, things that don't have a circulatory system (undead / stone sentinels / etc.) would be immune to the poison's effects. As far as the poison production, maybe require it to use some kind of cooking process that rangers could access through the guild itself.

2. A beefed up sense, letting you know what herbs / plants are availiable to forage for in the room.

I have a couple more, but I haven't really thought them through enough to warrant posting them. I did have an idea about some sort of silent strike-esque shadow attack that involved the poison... but that would be pretty overpowered against casters in PVP. Maybe rangers could get some kind of stealthy CM like garrote or subdual strike?

Drew
07-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I think both would be nice but they aren't going to introduce combat abilities, according to them. Think think rangers are balanced (just look at the 650 fiasco).

A skill I'd like is the ability to mark/change wands so that I can make all my ranger wands with a certain spell in them look a certain way.

Celexei
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
that exists already, there are plenty of ranger only scribers out there that don't work on arrows but only on wands and rods and such, I had a locker full of them at one point.