PDA

View Full Version : My Sorcerer's stats: Advice?

LBISurfer2
07-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Here are his stats:

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 87 (33) ... 87 (33)
Constitution (CON): 83 (26) ... 59 (14)
Dexterity (DEX): 83 (11) ... 83 (11)
Agility (AGI): 88 (14) ... 88 (14)
Discipline (DIS): 88 (19) ... 88 (19)
Aura (AUR): 87 (13) ... 87 (13)
Logic (LOG): 88 (14) ... 88 (14)
Intuition (INT): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Wisdom (WIS): 88 (19) ... 88 (19)
Influence (INF): 91 (25) ... 91 (25)
Mana: 260 Silver: 51

Here is his training.

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 82 18
Physical Fitness...................| 108 26
Arcane Symbols.....................| 162 62
Magic Item Use.....................| 162 62
Spell Aiming.......................| 232 132
Harness Power......................| 232 132
Elemental Mana Control.............| 128 34
Spirit Mana Control................| 128 34
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 150 50
Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 148 48
Perception.........................| 132 36
Climbing...........................| 105 25
Swimming...........................| 105 25

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 40

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 68
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

I didnt train him, but have a fixskil available, right now I use implode and DC to hunt, with a CS of 316 with 425, but any advice would be appreciated.

Sean of the Thread
07-30-2005, 08:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH ROFFFFFLEHOUSE HAHAHAHAHAH.

Drew
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm not sorc expert but what's so funny? It doesn't look that bad.

Sean of the Thread
07-30-2005, 08:58 PM
I got to the 18 ranks of armor and then stopped.

Jonty
07-30-2005, 10:06 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. With 20 ranks you can wear LBP.

Shalla
07-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I got 6 ranks in armor use. :?:

LBISurfer2
07-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Right now he wears crit padded doubles, and every once in a while I get spell failure (rollin a 1 or 2) and I was probably gonna stop after one or two more ranks. And I dont give a shit if you get a great laugh out of his stats etc, just at least tell me what you're laughin at

Jonty
07-31-2005, 02:17 AM
If you're going to stick with only double leather, then you should drop your armor ranks down to 8. Your spell hinderance will not get any lower no matter how many more ranks you have.

LBISurfer2
07-31-2005, 11:02 AM
Sounds good, any ideas on how to get his CS higher, other than just training in sorcerer or elemental circles?

Shalla
07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
compromising your physical stats by increasing your aura and wisdom. But it really depends on your goal, if you are aiming for max stats at 100

Sean of the Thread
07-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Shalla
compromising your physical stats by increasing your aura and wisdom. But it really depends on your goal, if you are aiming for max stats at 100

Well if CS is your concern now the above advice is great. Just kill your influence stat to fugly status and jack up aura and wisdom. Now days there is no need to min/max until later in chars life. I pick inf because I'm guessing you are a DE and your stat is fucked anyways. Just have people sell gems and shit for you.

I personally would pick ONE lore. Whichever you decide. They are both only usefull to a small degree and points are best used if focused in whichever you decide.

Armor.. up to you. I have been using Siren Scales for about the last 4 or 5 years and like them the best of his career. I hate missing casts. I prefer the lighter armor and you can save points with that.

Weapons.. I was sword and board for many years which was okay especially in GSIII. If you can afford 10x gear that is also a small bonus for going that route. I then switched to runestave and jacked up all magical ranks at which point I became an infusing machine. After about a year or 2 of runestave I used my last allocation to to go brawling and I love it. Helps greatly with being ambushed.. less gear (to lose) and open handed casting/channel is the shiznit. I actually hunt in offensive now without a problem. If you can somehow find a way to afford jack the shit out of your perception.

Shalla
07-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Above advice is for brawler, I haven't really tested that path.

But if your choice is to be a runestaff user, it really gets complicated. Your aim is to get as much mental points as you can to train for magical skills. You can parry and block and attack but certain maneuvers can get you if your physical stats are way too compromised. Lucky for you, you have cloak of shadows retribution. I suggest having your Wisdom and Aura higher than 80, make the secondary mental stats 80ish. Put all available stats to making dexterity in 70's and keep the strength and constitution at 50-60's, since you're not gonna be that strong anyways.

You need 12 magical ranks to get a full DS from runestaff, but can do 11 as well.

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| x8 that's it for dd, I think.
Physical Fitness...................| x25 depending on how much blood you want.
Arcane Symbols.....................| 1x per train.
Magic Item Use.....................| 1x per train.
Spell Aiming.......................| 2x per train.
Harness Power......................| 1x per train. could be 2x.
Elemental Mana Control.............| 1x. per train
Spirit Mana Control................| 1x per train.
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 1x per train C of S
Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| .5x
Perception.........................| bleh.. .5x
Climbing...........................| 105 25 that's it. for now.
Swimming...........................| 105 25 that's it. for now

spells, try triple train if you can.. otherwise double. but never ever skip on sorcerer spell 1x for each train.

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by Shalla]

Jonty
07-31-2005, 03:35 PM
You need 12 magical ranks to get a full DS from runestaff, but can do 11 as well.

You need 8 ranks per level to get the base DS equivalent to 1x THW training. Anything above just gives you extra, and it's not capped at 12 ranks per level. SIMU expects most pures to have around 10.5 to 11 ranks per level.

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by Jonty]

Shalla
07-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Then my character is kick ass, for I have 11.5 almost 12.

Sean of the Thread
07-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Simply put runestave sucks. After hunting OTF wielding a runestave it blew donkey nuts. I had over 13 ranks of magic as well. Also there is no good runestave gear and they are extremly overpriced. I highly suggest if you are not interested infusing and want to kick some ass go brawling and get a 10x shield and pump your perception. DO IT.. I SAID DO IT!!!

Jonty
07-31-2005, 11:24 PM
I went the brawling route with my sorcerer as well Though, he doesn't have a 10x shield.

and pump your perception.

I lowered my sorcerer's Perception from 1x to only has .5x to free MPTs a while ago. I haven't had any issues with it. Just curious, why do you suggest this?

Sean of the Thread
08-01-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Jonty
I went the brawling route with my sorcerer as well Though, he doesn't have a 10x shield.

and pump your perception.

I lowered my sorcerer's Perception from 1x to only has .5x to free MPTs a while ago. I haven't had any issues with it. Just curious, why do you suggest this?

With the new perception changes it helps alot against being ambushed. When I was runestave Ithzir and gremlocks ambushing sucked cock. I like to hunt in offensive now as a brawler with jacked up perception and I survive ambushes/pushdowns like a champ.

I just realized I'm not sure how my suggestions would do with a non otf hunter since I have only been playing swingers outside of OTF for the past few years.

Jonty
08-01-2005, 07:16 AM
When I was runestave Ithzir and gremlocks ambushing sucked cock. I like to hunt in offensive now as a brawler with jacked up perception and I survive ambushes/pushdowns like a champ.

If you're already in offensive, your perception isn't helping anything since there is no pushdown.

When I used to hunt OTF the only thing that bothered me where Ithzirs fading in and ambushing me. My sorcerer never had a problem with that 'cause his DS was high enough to block them. My warrior was the one with the problem because they'd catch him with those damn flares.

Tromp
08-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I thought you couldn't tweek stats anymore?

Drew
08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
If you're already in offensive, your perception isn't helping anything since there is no pushdown.

Well, in offensive it isn't doing anything against pushdown. Perception does play some part in voln fu though I doubt that is why he has it.

When I used to hunt OTF the only thing that bothered me where Ithzirs fading in and ambushing me. My sorcerer never had a problem with that 'cause his DS was high enough to block them. My warrior was the one with the problem because they'd catch him with those damn flares.

Speaking of flares, I still have this saved because it cracked me up.

Drevn leaps from hiding to attack!
Drevn slashes with a feras tiger-claw at Jonty!
AS: +358 vs DS: +186 with AvD: -31 + d100 roll: +11 = +152
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Flashy swing!
Jonty is lucky that it only bopped his nose.
*** As the blow lands, the feras tiger-claw unleashes a severe smiting of lightning!
... 50 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Jonty to a smoldering pile of ash!

* Jonty drops dead at your feet!

The powerful look leaves Jonty.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Jonty.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Jonty.
The deep blue glow leaves Jonty.
Jonty becomes unbalanced for a second, then recovers.
Jonty appears to lose some internal strength.
The light blue glow leaves Jonty.
The bright luminescence fades from around Jonty.

* Jonty was just vaporized!

Jonty
08-01-2005, 05:57 PM
:lol: Yeah, thanks. That's what happens when you steal from a capped rogue.