PDA

View Full Version : You've made level 60, now what?

Wezas
07-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Not always having a 3-4 hour chunk of time to do a raid (which never start on time anyways) - What are people doing to get better gear?

As a rogue, I have no clue where to farm. I've been somewhat farming Eastern Plaguelands - mainly the 60's and the 53-55 elites in Tyr's Hand (which seems to be where all the chinese farmers are).

Out of boredom I've stealthed through Scarlet Monestary to grab the 2 boxes in the Library portion (almost always at least a 30ish level green in there) to give to younger guildies.

I've heard to farm north felwood and north winterspring. Any suggestions?

Jadewolff
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Winterspring and Felwood always seem to have really nice drops. I once got two high level recipes (blacksmithing and tailoring) in the span of an hour and half just killing Yetis in Winterspring. Felwood, of course for felcloth. I haven't seen too many chinese farms in winterspring but there are tons in felwood.

Androidpk
07-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Tyr's Hand is an incredible place for a rogue to farm. There are tons of them and the average coin drop is like 20 silvers, not to mention items. Which is why the farmers love that place. You can also go and farm the elites in Alterac Valley, they drop alot of silver and items too.

Next patch is supposed to include the 20 man raid instance in Stranglethorn, Zul Gurubishi or something...

SnatchWrangler
07-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Are you farming for gold or for items? It's tough to farm for usable equipment outside of instances.

As a rogue though...you have the option of stealth running instances.

You can grab a buddy (or solo it) and stealth run BRD to Plugger for a Barman Shanker.

You can also stealth run LBRS with a party of 4 rogues, 1 druid, or 3 rogues/2 druids. There's a couple Shadowcraft pieces to be had there, as well as some really nice boots (Pads of the Dreadwolf) and a really nice dagger (Keris of Zul'Seris or something).

Stealth running is great if you don't have large blocks of time. You can stealth run BRD to Plugger and back in 12-13 minutes once you're good.

A full stealth run killing all the bosses in LBRS takes 40 minutes or so once you and your crew get the hang of it. Even shorter if you skip the last boss...which really doesn't have any rogue drops anyways.

Skeeter
07-28-2005, 09:59 AM
do what I do, and level up an alt.

Latrinsorm
07-28-2005, 10:07 AM
http://www.play.net/gs4

Parkbandit
07-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Skeeter
do what I do, and level up an alt.

Stabbed is going to be 52 tonight.

:)

He'll be the only alt for me though.. actually Bayne will be my new alt when Stabbed hits 60. I plan on doing shitloads of stealthruns.

Tsa`ah
07-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Become a PvP slut and get the epic/blue gear cheap from the vendor.

Wezas
07-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Merged all the chinese farming talk into this thread that existed already:

In case anyone's looking for their posts or wants to add their point of view (http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=16548)

Anyone know of any good quests that I can solo as a 60 rogue to get a decent sword/dagger?

SnatchWrangler
07-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Anyone know of any good quests that I can solo as a 60 rogue to get a decent sword/dagger?

Yeah, endless solo runs of Plugger for the Barman Shanker.

Apparently that's Blizzard's version of the Rogue Epic quest...

:no:

Androidpk
07-29-2005, 09:37 AM
For daggers you could go for the barman shanker. It has one of the ugliest weapon models in the game, a broken bottle, but due to its slow attack speed you can get some very high ambushes and backstrikes.

You could farm mobs and try to get a high level green dagger of power, adds +30 attack power which isn't too shabby, or go for a Scarlet Kriss.

Other then that your only option is to farm for faction points in Alterac Volley and get to exalted for that epic dagger.

Also, rogues will have their own epic quest coming out in the near future.

SnatchWrangler
07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Androidpk
Also, rogues will have their own epic quest coming out in the near future.

Where in the world did you hear this? All I've heard is that there were no immediate plans in the near future. Pretty sure I read a GM even post this somewhere on the officials. They basically said "I'm sure there will be one day, but nothing is planned at the moment."