PDA

View Full Version : Onimusha Series

Celexei
07-27-2005, 03:59 PM
So.. I'm generally not to much for being a platform gamer, but I've fallen in love with the Onimusha series. Great storyline, amazing video's and gameplay graphics etc. My next door neighbor has been loaning them out to me and I've made my way through the first and second and am delving into the third. With each new addition there are alot of new things to do inside the game, naturally making them more fun etc, and the fact that I get to be Jean Reno (the Professional) with a whip blade, thats just fun! I have come to a slight block though...In the third game, there is a new option at save points with "Training" and in each training three levels of difficulty. Being me I like to get all this stuff outta the way before moving on and right now I'm up to Deflect Critical on the third difficulty but I can't seem to block the very last enemy on there. After working through a ninja, fourarms, a ninja and fourarms, a guy with a huge fast sword, there is an apelike creature who just gives me all sorts of trouble. Anyone out there played and advanced past this part know the secret to figuring out the timing on this guy?

Back
07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Heh, big Onimusha fan. My PS2 was down for a while and I forgot I hadn’t finished 3. Not where you are at yet but if I do get there and get by it I’ll throw a tip your way.

Lord Dainslef
07-28-2005, 06:58 AM
<3 Onimusha series as well, the 1st and 3rd are my favourites so far, but I didn't play much with the training in 3. I do however plan to buy 2 and 3 eventually and decimate them all. :smug:

Celexei
07-28-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah, I just have been at this Advanced Deflect Critical for a few days now, playing for an hour here or there hoping for luck or to figure out the right timing. None of the training is really even significant except for the Advanced Critical to get one of Ako's best vests and therefor to get the real ending to the game...but I just can't bring myself to move on without completing something.

Back
07-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Damn, Charged Attack was a bitch. Hate to see the Advanced Crit. My hand hurts. :crie:

Back
08-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, a week later, and I’m spent. Ok, I didn’t finish all the training... I know, wussy, but I still got an A rating that unlocked all kinds of shit.

The game was great. Even though I thought it was a little odd with Jaques in there, it was still visually stunning, as always (they got the water ripples down), and intellectually challenging with great power moves and gore. Those crits up the middle with blood spray all around made me laugh every time.

The end was pretty easy I thought. I didn’t mind so much because getting there was all the fun. 3 dark realm runs between two characters was a nice touch. I barely used all the herbs and spices I found. Also, it was very cool to play Michelle with the grenade launcher.

The fairy Ako was cute and added another cool element to the soul-catching/power-up thing. Spent most my time between red, white and purple.

I didn’t like the weapons as much in this one. I mainly went from the first to the third, using the second as desperation on both chars.

On the whole I liked it least of the series, but still loved every minute of it. The first was original so you can‘t beat that for the best. The second I thought had a much less linear story to it. But all of them, of all the games I’ve played, beat everything else hands down in graphics, playability, intellectual challenge, and style.

[Edited on 8-5-2005 by Backlash]