PDA

View Full Version : Something positive - Referrals

The Cat In The Hat
07-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I put in an assist yesterday after realizing I had canceled premium (Since I hardly play anymore) and left nearly 8m in the Frostacres bank that I now couldn't get to.

Ivella answered the assist and did the standard "I'll refer you to a GM". She was really nice and took the time to check policy herself to see what she could do for me other than the referral.

Before she even left the table Kyalia answered the referral and took care of it immediatley.

Just like to say that my first assist/referral in about a year was quickly addresed, and the staff, IMO, is doing a wonderful job with customer service.

We hear about the "bad" customer service so often, just thought we could use some good tales.

Fallen
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Seconded. I also dealt with Ivella yesterday. Merjinia had assisted, though was AFK at the time she arrived. I had asked if I could pose a question to her, as she had a free moment. To my surprise she said yes, and quickly addressed my concerns.

I have never had what I would describe as a "poor" Assist or referal. My questions/concerns were always responded to promptly, and in my opinion, fairly.

Good stuff.

Fengus
07-27-2005, 02:03 PM
That arm of their service is very good, but thats only because the GM player relation is unusually close. Moreoever, their system inherently allows an easy channel for these sorts of service problems.

When you look at issues like their ability to understand and implement what their customers want its another story altogether. Additionally, you see the fatal flaw present in many privately owned buisnesses, where the president has too much control and becomes completely out-of-touch with their customers.

Fallen
07-27-2005, 02:06 PM
When you look at issues like their ability to understand and implement what their customers want its another story altogether. >>

This, I suppose I can agree with.

The Cat In The Hat
07-27-2005, 02:33 PM
There's a lot of staff that's working hard on getting said things improved or implimented.

Gemstone still has an ever growing list of things to get out there, that will never end, You just have to learn to take what they say with a grain of salt and allow time for things to get done.

Every company needs a main yes/no man simply for the sake of keeping things from becomming a clusterfuck. Honestly... I don't see any issues with that kinda thing.

Basically any company/product is going to be "You get what it is and that's it" Gemstone and the like at least allow for some player input and they do take and use quite a few suggestions.

SpunGirl
07-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Okay, but I want to know when we're getting home storage! :rant:

-K

Miss X
07-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Woohoo for being positive! I can't think of anything to complain about, Yay! :grouphug:

SpunGirl
07-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
Woohoo for being positive! I can't think of anything to complain about, Yay! :grouphug:

:love: is in the air! :love:

-K

Czeska
07-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Kyalia is awesome, dealt with her a few times.

Fengus
07-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
Every company needs a main yes/no man simply for the sake of keeping things from becomming a clusterfuck.

This is *exactly* what I was saying the problem was, when this person is no longer qualified, no longer has a coherent vision or no longer even recognizes whats going on the person shouldn't be the head of design and vision.

For example, this project under development is completely DoA. I'm of the opinion that Simu's flea market development style (as I like to call it) is incapable of making a competitive mainstream MMORPG. There is no way they can compete with Sony, Microsoft, etc. And there is no emotional attachment in a new game, so while GS survives on a critical mass (along with its unique features), a new entry has to garner enough interest to achieve that.

Doyle Hargraves
07-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Anything involving Kyalia tends to go well.