PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite target?

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
When it comes to pvp in WoW, what class do you find the easiest to kill?

For me it's definately other rogues. The alliance rogues are so terrible that everytime I see one I think.. ooooohh free CP!

Warlocks are a close second.

07-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Alliance hunters. I smoke them so easily.

- Arkans

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
If a hunter tries to melee then they're a total joke. I've encountered a few though that did really well by kiting and using traps.

If I see a warrior with a 2h weapon, especially an arcanite reaper or MC weapon, i'll avoid them like the plague if i'm by myself.

Paladins always amuse me, the same thing happens EVERY time I attack one

1. They bubble.
2. They run away.

:lol:

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Androidpk]

07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I just hate how I can't purge the Paladin shield like I can the priest shield. It makes me sad.

- Arkans

Nieninque
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Mages I struggle with coz they blink
Priests I struggle with because they fear
Warlocks I struggle with because they fear
Hunters I struggle with unless I sneak up on them.
Rogues I struggle with because they vanish
Paladins I struggle with because they take forever
Warriors I struggle with because they dont take damage too well
Druids I struggle with because they keep fucking healing.

I just suck :sniffle:

Parkbandit
07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
For Bayne, a huge, bad ass tauren shaman.. it's hunter. Their ineptness at melee makes them laughable. I still hate anything that casts fear.. because they can fear you and STILL pwn you. And no Alorg, my shaman trinket DOES NOT dispell fear effects. I hate rogues alot as a shaman.

For Stabbed, a bad ass undead shaman.. it's anything except warrior or paladin. Really Paladin more than anything. It's stupid that they can throw up that supershield WHILE I CLEARLY HAVE THEM LOCKED DOWN. Once they do that.. I usually vanish, wait for the shield to drop, sap them.. then get in front of them and give them a no storm.

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Hrm...lemme think...

Order of ease for me is probably...

Druid, Hunter, Warlock, Rogue, Priest, Shaman, Warrior, Mage.

Mages are the only ones I really struggle with, but if I want to use all of my cooldowns (blind, prep, vanish) I can usually take them down.

I think my favorite to kill are druids (because they're always night elves) and other rogues. Mainly because alot of rogues are pretty cocky, so when they get the jump on me and start laugh/taunt/mock/spit I still win 70% of the fight since they either have no clue how to play their class, or they think crit % > health/stamina.

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
That is pretty uber, an undead shaman that can vanish :P

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit And no Alorg, my shaman trinket DOES NOT dispell fear effects. I hate rogues alot as a shaman.

Yes, it does you dope. Next time have it equipped for 30 seconds prior to using it.

For Stabbed, a bad ass undead shaman.. it's anything except warrior or paladin. Really Paladin more than anything. It's stupid that they can throw up that supershield WHILE I CLEARLY HAVE THEM LOCKED DOWN. Once they do that.. I usually vanish, wait for the shield to drop, sap them.. then get in front of them and give them a no storm.

Gee...there's just so many things wrong with this statement. It's true, anyone can level a rogue to 60. Besides calling yourself an undead shaman...care to find your biggest mistake here Stabbed?

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Can't sap a target that is already in target ;)

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Androidpk
Can't sap a target that is already in target ;)

Well, he probably can because he's out of combat by that point. But that leads to my biggest issue...he wasted vanish when he just as easily could have backed up and restealthed.

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
I find that poisons help out alot vs paladins. Use crippling and deadly and kite them. Sure they can purge it when they heal/shield, but then just reapply it, they run out of mana pretty quick.

DeV
07-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I've only dueled so far and not a wide selection at that. The class I've had the most fun destroying lately are Hunters followed by Warlocks and Druids. Mages I've had problems with but I'm still prefecting my PvP style and in process learning how to fight better with each challenge.

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 11:30 AM
I find that poisons help out alot vs paladins. Use crippling and deadly and kite them. Sure they can purge it when they heal/shield, but then just reapply it, they run out of mana pretty quick.

Expose armor is key vs. paladins. They're not used to having sinister strike crit for 500+ or evis to crit for 1500+.

I was telling Cay (Lyonis on the PC) the value of it last night while we were hunting for devilsaurs.

Lo and behold, 5 minutes later he's got a level 60 paladin chasing him, which he leads him right into me.

I cheapshot him, he burns his shield right away and uses consecration. I restealth, cheapshot, hemo, 5 point expose armor...

He died within seconds with a full mana bar. I use this all the time in WSG. I always open with cheapshot, hemo/SS, gouge, 5 pt expose armor. It's a HUGE help vs. paladins, especially when more than one person is attacking them.

AnticorRifling
07-27-2005, 12:20 PM
What's hemo?

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
What's hemo?

http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=17348

Not the best skill, but it's a little cheaper than Sinister strike, which makes it a nice stunlock/combo point builder. Unfortunately you need 25 points in Subtlety tree to use it.

I'm probably going to respec soon and drop it (which will suck) but the added damage and crit % I'll have with backstab and ambush will make up for it. I'm more of a stunlocking mutt build right now, but the huge burst damage from coldblood+ambush/backstab/evis is very useful in Warsong Gulch.

AnticorRifling
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah it will be awhile for that. Plus I don't even know what build I'm going for. I think I'm just going for damage.

Hulkein
07-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I've actually been doing really well vs. rogues recently even when they get the jump on me thanks to the Insignia of the Horde. They'll get me to around 70 percent I guess with their opening attacks, I unstun, wingclip, run, First aid, and let the kiting commence.

When I see them first and mark them, it's almost always a win.

I just got done killing a paladin who had a level on me, twice, both fair battle no one got the jump on either. This guy didn't know to cleanse my mana sting, which made it a lot easier.

Wezas
07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
For my rogue:

Priests/mages

Low armor, low health, and a well placed kick or two makes them quick to dispatch.

07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
I've actually been doing really well vs. rogues recently even when they get the jump on me thanks to the Insignia of the Horde. They'll get me to around 70 percent I guess with their opening attacks, I unstun, wingclip, run, First aid, and let the kiting commence.

I just got done killing a paladin who had a level on me, twice, both fair battle no one got the jump on either. This guy didn't know to cleanse my mana sting, which made it a lot easier.

Maybe you were abusing that hack you have that makes the other guy lag out....you bastard.

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein

Paladins are easy for hunters, since they lack any type of ranged attacks.

Hunters can beat down rogues pretty easily if A.) the Hunter is smart, and B.) The rogue isn't.

Let's face, Hunters should be the anti-rogue class with traps, detect humanoid, flares, FUCKING SCATTER SHOT AND MULTISHOT HITTING PEOPLE THAT ARE STEALTHED!!11!!1!, and of course, pets not set on passive completely ignore stealth and will charge right at a stealthed rogue even if no player has seen the rogue and he hasn't left stealth for 20 minutes.

If he had duel crippling poisons on his blades, you probably wouldn't have been able to get away. Also, vanish will break your wingclip/concussive shot. I'll typically vanish/sprint even though you've got DoTs on me just because I know once I catch up, you're finished.

And when it doubt vs a hunter, I'll use sticky glue if he gets away from me. :grin:

07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
As a shaman, here's my opinion from easy to hard: riests/druids/paladins/hunters/warriors/warlocks/mages/rogues.

Mages and rogues are usually the only ones that give me any trouble.

Jahira
07-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I have a level 60 rogue on skullcrusher. Druids tend to be the toughest for me to kill because of their damn tangle spell.

Paladins are the easiest but take the longest. Just use a bandage everytime they throw that shield up. They can't attack so as a rogue with a heavy runecloth bandage, I get 3/4 of my health back.

Mages are a close second because with sprint they can't get far enough away from me even if they blink. Kick stops most of their spells and with preparation, vanish, ambush. They are no contest.

A well equipped warrior is tough because of their high HPs, but overall I tend to dominate them.

Anything else I pretty much work as well. Only other problem I really have is that I can pwn warlocks, but then I end up dying from DoT spells like 20 seconds after I kill them because I can't bandage or use a potion.

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Jahira
I have a level 60 rogue on skullcrusher. Druids tend to be the toughest for me to kill because of their damn tangle spell.

Paladins are the easiest but take the longest. Just use a bandage everytime they throw that shield up. They can't attack so as a rogue with a heavy runecloth bandage, I get 3/4 of my health back.

Mages are a close second because with sprint they can't get far enough away from me even if they blink. Kick stops most of their spells and with preparation, vanish, ambush. They are no contest.

Wow...we're complete opposites except for our stand on warriors.

Why are druids difficult? Who cares if they root/DoT you...vanish out of it and charge them. Between kick, gouge, and our multiple stuns, it's hard for them to heal. If they go into bear form, expose armor and work them over.

Mages really give me the most problems. I rarely beat a skilled mage in a duel. In the wilds I'll have the jump on them, but still I'm typically burning half my cooldowns to get out of sheep, nova, and any other slowing spell.

And Paladins are typically by far not the easiest class for rogue. They're the bane of most rogues.

Are you Horde or Alliance? And is that a PvP server?

Only problems I have with warlocks is when I duel one certain orc warlock. He's REALLY good, and with his stun resist, I think I'm about 1 - 6 against him. I typically rock some of the "best" Alliance warlocks that're decked out in felheart sets on the server, but this one guy consistantly beats me.

Tsa`ah
07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
In order of priority in mass PvP, I'll target rogues, healers, then pals.

If I can keep a rogue at a reasonable distance, which isn't hard even if they get the drop on me anymore, they fold pretty easily ... must suck to be stuck with leather.

Priests are an easy drop with cloth. If I'm unnoticed I can get an aimed shot off and that usually takes them down by half. The concussive seems to stun lock casters pretty easily at cap, but if I can't lock them down I follow with a viper to start the mana burn, if they're locked it's a serpent followed by a multi with the just cooling arcane for the drop.

Pals are just a damned pain and can pretty much march the flag from one base to within striking distance of their flag room. I keep a viper on pals as much as I can.

I avoid warriors, just too much health to deal with. In mass PvP I need to get the numbers down fast. Trying to take down a warriors takes more time than taking down cloth or leather armor wearing classes.

Druids just spam the hell out of tangle and moonfire, they tend to completely be immune to setting off traps in stealthed form ...even though I see stealthed form even without stealth tracking. I can burn the mana down fast enough, but the spam habit of most druids burns down my health making me an easy drop for the next person.

Depending on the spec of the mage, they're easy to drop until they start blinking ... and Bliz still hasn't answered me about frost mages breaking the ice traps.

Warlocks aren't a problem, it's just when they self rez and smoke me with a love tap ... completely annoying.

Tsa`ah
07-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
Let's face, Hunters should be the anti-rogue class with traps, detect humanoid, flares, FUCKING SCATTER SHOT AND MULTISHOT HITTING PEOPLE THAT ARE STEALTHED!!11!!1!, and of course, pets not set on passive completely ignore stealth and will charge right at a stealthed rogue even if no player has seen the rogue and he hasn't left stealth for 20 minutes.

Scattershot only hits one target, multi-shot only hits visible targets. If you're hit by either, you're not as stealthed as you think.

Pets are probably a bug, much like the flag vanish, to be fixed whenever.

I've picked up a few new tricks in WSG against rogues.

I'll either stand there like I'm stupid ans wait for the rogue to get close and just blast them with a scattershot, set a trap, mark them and bombard them after the aimed shot releases. Or, if I see a rogue moving toward the base via the tunnel or one of the second floor entrances, I'll snag the speed buff and make a line to the roof exit and hide against the ledge. Rogues generally run for the tunnel in hopes of the speed buff and they'll usually use the vanish if anyone is coming at them from the exit end. The moment they grab the flag I run to the alcove where the speed buff spawns and drop an ice trap just before it. Rogue goes for the buff and is iced. They're iced no matter what because they can't move around the ice trap. Rogue gets marked followed by the aimed concussive combo. Cheetah is up so they don't get very far before the wing clip hits. At that point they're forced to use vanish in order to remove the wing clip, but they're marked so they're still getting tagged with the arrows, and then get tagged with another concussive with allows enough time for one more aimed to drop them.

Unless of course it's invid, who is smart enough most of the time, to not attempt a flag grab without zerg backup.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Hulkein
07-27-2005, 02:19 PM

If he had duel crippling poisons on his blades, you probably wouldn't have been able to get away. Also, vanish will break your wingclip/concussive shot. I'll typically vanish/sprint even though you've got DoTs on me just because I know once I catch up, you're finished.

And when it doubt vs a hunter, I'll use sticky glue if he gets away from me. :grin:

Oh yeah, let me add, if a rogue gets me with crippling poison AND had the first shot, it's a VERY uphill battle.

Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Maybe you were abusing that hack you have that makes the other guy lag out....you bastard.

Haha, the only thing that sucks is it has a 5 minute cooldown.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Hulkein]

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 02:33 PM
I haven't really used exposed armor a whole lot in pvp, but next time I see a paladin i'm going check it out.

Jahira - Paladins actually can do certain attacks through their shield. Sword of judgment or something, can interrupt your bandaging. If you have a dot on you after the fight is over just sit down and eat some food ;)

I play on the horde side and dont' really duel, just pvp, so i've never really gone up against a shaman. How are rogues difficult for them? I would think it would be a tough fight with totems and frost shock.

Izalude
07-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, let's see... Since I play 3 characters in PvP, I've got a wide variety for each character...

Hunter - I LOVE Mages, Warlocks, Warriors (unless they've got a reaper), and druids. The bulk of my HK's come from them. Shadowmeld + Aimed shot is great. They never know what hits them until it's too late. Rogues are annoying... Especially if I'm not wearing my invulnerable mail. If they get the jump on me, it's an uphill battle. One which if all things go in my favor, I can win. If it's 2 on 1 though, forget it. I'm dead. Shamans are probably my most difficult opponent, and most rewarding kill.

As my Mage, I love all classes but Shadow priests, Fire Mages, and warriors with reapers.

And as my Horde Warrior, I like killing rogues and paladins. I'm an arms/fury warrior rapidly approaching 40, with a 12% chance to crit. 2 rogues try to gank me... I put up retaliation, and watch them both go *SPLAT*. I love it. They're always like WTF?! Also, too many rogues try evasion when fighting a warrior... Idiots don't realize that warriors have a NASTY counterattack that becomes active every time they dodge, which crits upwards of 600 at level 37.

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
multi-shot only hits visible targets. If you're hit by either, you're not as stealthed as you think.

This is incorrect. Maybe you have to actually AIM it at a visible target, but it'll hit stealthed targets. I've been hit from quite a distance with this, more than 20-30 yds in game.

The pet thing is just annoying. I can't tell when they're on passive mode or whether they're on "charge anything regardless of stealth within 20 yards and even if the hunter himself has his back to me and running in the opposite direction" mode.

SnatchWrangler
07-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Izalude
Also, too many rogues try evasion when fighting a warrior... Idiots don't realize that warriors have a NASTY counterattack that becomes active every time they dodge, which crits upwards of 600 at level 37.

This is really a catch-22 at end game. Do I want a chance to dodge most of the MS, execute, and normal crits which themselves can do 700+ damage with an Obsidian Edged Balde and eat the Overpowers...

Or do I let them beat my skull in with regular attacks and not get hit with a 1500 dmg Overpower crit.

Androidpk
07-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I take my chances and pop evasion vs warriors, seems to work for me.

Izalude
07-28-2005, 02:31 AM
There's this alliance rogue named Nagglecus that likes to camp the Warsong Gulch Horde Graveyard, along with his friend who's name eludes me at the moment... As soon as I respawn, I get hit with a cheapshot, followed by a simultaneous gank before they went back into stealth to repeat...

So... I activated blood fury and retaliation next time I spawned, and killed the two of them plus a 40 warrior solo. I just kept spamming Cleave & whirlwind between attacks. Nagglecus even used evasion during the whole schpiel, and I still dropped him faster than a dress on Prom Night. Needless to say, he's avoided me ever since. He only engages if he's got a ton of backup, or I'm already wounded.

I talked to him as my alliance character one day as well. He's a real jackass. People that group with him in CTF don't seem to get along with him for the most part either.

Parkbandit
07-28-2005, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Parkbandit And no Alorg, my shaman trinket DOES NOT dispell fear effects. I hate rogues alot as a shaman.

Yes, it does you dope. Next time have it equipped for 30 seconds prior to using it.

This comes from only playing one class ever Alorg. You know rogues.. I'll give you that. You THINK you know every other class.. but you do not.

The grunt trinket for shaman DO NOT DISPELL THE FEAR EFFECT. I'm not sure how many times I must tell you this.. but they do not. Every grunt trinket is different.

JUST so you don't question this again, allow me to show you the difference.

[Edited on 7-28-05 by Parkbandit]

SnatchWrangler
07-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Bah...Bayne is right about something?!? Shit...

Strange they made them all slightly different like that. Not really sure why they did either...

For awhile it seemed the trinkets would break more than what they said they did. ie, the rogue trinket seemed to break certain slowing/crippling effects. This may have been changed recently.

Androidpk
07-28-2005, 09:25 AM
I hate how you can only have 2 trinkets on at a time, they should bump it up to 3 :smilegrin:

SnatchWrangler
07-28-2005, 09:31 AM
I hate how you can only have 2 trinkets on at a time, they should bump it up to 3 :smilegrin:

I also hate how some of them are on linked timers...which is just fucking ridiculous.

ie, If i have my Unchained Essence of Eranikus trinket equipped, as well as that Rammstein Lightning Bolt thing...if I use one, the other one is put on a 30 second timer, so I can use both AoE trinkets one after the other. Lame.

Trouble
07-28-2005, 09:49 AM
For me as a priest in the low 30's, everyone is pretty much the same except for rogues. If they get the first shot (which they usually do), I'm done. I'm getting better about remembering to use fear... so usually I put my DoTs on, then fear and mind blast repeatedly whenever the cooldowns let me.

Rennick and I had a great evening in Arathi yesterday, this same warrior and mage pair kept attacking us and we kept killing them. Eventually a Zerg caught up to us and killed us a couple of times though.

Some Rogue
07-28-2005, 10:20 AM
It was only 6 on 2! We could have taken em!:weird:

Trouble
07-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Some Rogue
It was only 6 on 2! We could have taken em!:weird:

I just found out I can use Dispel Magic to unsheep! Next time we see that Warrior/Mage duo, they're in for big trouble, although they weren't too hard for us to begin with.

I also learned that my DoT spells prevent bandaging, nice. And I can use Mind Control to run a fleeing person back to us... or into a group of mobs.

What I really need is a silence spell that lasts longer than 5 seconds or doesn't have a 45-second cooldown.

Xinister
08-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
This comes from only playing one class ever Alorg. You know rogues.. I'll give you that. You THINK you know every other class.. but you do not.

The grunt trinket for shaman DO NOT DISPELL THE FEAR EFFECT. I'm not sure how many times I must tell you this.. but they do not. Every grunt trinket is different.

JUST so you don't question this again, allow me to show you the difference.

[Edited on 7-28-05 by Parkbandit]

The reason why the shaman trinket does not dispell fear or charm is because one of your totems already do that.

<wink>

From easiest to hardest for a Shaman.

Hunters, Mages, Warlocks, Druids, Paladins, Warriors, Rogues, and Shadow Priests.

Later,

Xinister
Lvl 60 Shaman
Eredar

[Edited on 8-25-2005 by Xinister]