PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskills and alts

Trouble
07-26-2005, 09:42 AM
So I spent some time playing wee Moocifer last night to take a break from the gankfest known as Hillsbrad Foothills and decided I'd bring him up with different tradeskills than Dimar (herb/alc) for more variety. I've heard y'all mention that you have alts that you send stuff to, is it possible to send them stuff and have them skill up without ever actually hunting?

So if I made him an enchanter, for example, I could send him all my crap I pick up and he could be an expert in it at 10th level?

If not, it's cool; I had planned on mailing him the items I pick up anyway and make him be my AH bitch so I don't have to keep heading back to Org every day.

Alfster
07-26-2005, 09:44 AM
I have no idea for the answer to your question, but thank you for showing me how mentally challenged I am. I hadn't even thought of making an alt to be my AH bitch.

Fuck.

Parkbandit
07-26-2005, 10:03 AM
I was sending shit to Dogo for enchanting.. but you can only get so high because some skills are level dependant.

Trinitis
07-26-2005, 10:18 AM
All trade skills require you to be 35 to "master" and 40-45 to reach the advanced skill (IE Tribal leatherworking, etc).

So you do need to level, saddly :(

Trouble
07-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Adredrin
All trade skills require you to be 35 to "master" and 40-45 to reach the advanced skill (IE Tribal leatherworking, etc).

So you do need to level, saddly :(

Ok thanks.

Is Master above Artisan? Or do things like Herbalism work differently? The reason I ask is that my main guy became an artisan herbalist at 31 or 32. I've only had herb and alc until now, so I'm not exactly sure how it all works...

[edited to change alchemist to herbalist, doh!]

[Edited on 7-26-2005 by Trouble]

Trinitis
07-26-2005, 10:37 AM
As far as I know, Alch does not have a master subclass.

Leatherworking has Tribal, Elemental, and Dragon Scale.

Blacksmithing splits into armor, or weapons. Then splits again (Swords, Maces, Axes, Shields, etc etc)

hectomaner
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Trouble

So if I made him an enchanter, for example, I could send him all my crap I pick up and he could be an expert in it at 10th level?

disenchanting goes grey at 90 skill i think, that or 100. so if you meant just disenchanting everything to expert, no, it wouldnt work

Adhara
07-26-2005, 03:13 PM
There is no level requirement for gathering skills (herbalism, skinning, mining). As long as your skill is high enough, you can train to the next tier. The reason for this is that you will have to walk around in zones of higher level to gather the stuff therefore there was no need to put in a level requirement as well. This means that theoretically you could have a level 1 gathering icecaps in Winterspring but you see just how unlikely that is.

Production skills (Enchanting, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Alchemy and Engineering) have a skill and level requirement to move on to the next tier. They go like this:

At level 5 you can train with a Journeyman teacher or higher to become an Apprentice (skill 0 to 75).
At level 10 you can train with an Expert teacher to become a Journeyman (skill 75 to 150).
At level 20 you can train with an Artisan teacher to become an Expert (skill 150 to 225).
At level 35 you can train with a Master teacher to become an Artisan (skill 225 to 300).

For the skills with fields of specialization (Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Engineering) you will need to be 40 or in some cases higher to learn those specialties.

For secondary skills (Cooking, First Aid and Fishing) you need the same level requirements as production skills except for the last tier where you need to be 40, have 225 skill and complete a quest before being able to move on.

Hope that clears it up for you.

[Edited on 7-26-2005 by Adhara]