PDA

View Full Version : Just a friendly reminder

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 05:17 PM
To the moderators, when you must moderate a topic, remember that many of us are here to avoid the sort of attitude that is commonplace with the moderators on the main GS boards.

If you feel it necessary to put things back on track, there are several ways to do it and leaving folks feeling like they've been scolded is not the way to get that accomplished.

Don't be badge heavy enough to make even those of us who aren't affected by much - a bit hot under the collar.

If you are in the habit of being succinct and friendly this post is not directed at you. If you think that you are a bit more important than you really are, then I am likely directing this at you.

:respect:

Artha
07-26-2005, 05:33 PM
To the moderators, when you must moderate a topic, remember that many of us are here to avoid the sort of attitude that is commonplace with the moderators on the main GS boards.
If this were the officials, this post would no longer exist.

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Artha

If this were the officials, this post would no longer exist.

And if I were trying to make a point on those boards, I would leave out the part that would likely get pulled. But, these are not the main boards and therefore your point is not relevant.

Artha
07-26-2005, 05:46 PM
You say: Don't be like the official boards!
I say: We are not like the official boards.

How is this not relevant?

doc ether
07-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Because you're talking apples and oranges.

The way you say the PC is unlike the official boards is not what she was referencing in the first post. I'd say it was irrelevant.

Miss X
07-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Regardless of whether this comment was directed at me (I have no idea...) I will not be changing my style of moderation at all so you will all have to put up with it. Sorry (only, I'm actually not.)

Xcalibur
07-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Some moderators (if not all) take their "jobs" WAY too seriously.

Some moderators (if not all) must keep in mind that if this forum is closing in X days, they won't have another "job".

Some moderators (if not all) must, also, keep in their mind that they don't impress anyone with they "jobs".

Miss X
07-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Some moderators (if not all) do not give a shit what you think.

P.S. <3 TRL. I wasn't trying to be mean to you in my last post! ;)

Xcalibur
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
Some moderators (if not all) do not give a shit what you think.

P.S. <3 TRL. I wasn't trying to be mean to you in my last post! ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Some posters (if not all) do not give a shit what you think.

HELLO REALITY!!

[Edited on 26-7-05 by Xcalibur]

SpunGirl
07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
I give a shit what Miss X thinks.

-K

CrystalTears
07-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I have no idea what is going on. :?:

Skirmisher
07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Instead of making a vague thread, next time just try sending a U2U to one of the supermods, or if it's them you are concerned with, then to HarmNone.

It saves some of the needless guessing and will acheive better/faster results.

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Instead of making a vague thread, next time just try sending a U2U to one of the supermods, or if it's them you are concerned with, then to HarmNone.

It saves some of the needless guessing and will acheive better/faster results.

Actually, I considered that but I preferred to post it. It's good information for everyone. Frankly, most of the moderators around here don't bother me a single bit. They are very capable. So 99% of them shouldn't be concerned.

And for those who are right gnashing at their teeth waiting to indict Ts'ah, you'll have to wait for the next Ts'ah bashing party, this ain't it. :rock:

Jolena
07-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I have to say that if 99% of the mods don't bother you..then why post a thread about the 1% that do rather then take it to U2U if you don't plan to give specific names or whatnot? Not a gouge at you, I just honestly don't understand why a thread had to be made on 1% of the mods. I guess I'm asking what you hoped to accomplish by posting a thread rather then using U2U, is all.

~Jolena, not being an antagonist, honestly. Just really not understanding.

SpunGirl
07-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
[quote] It's good information for everyone.

It's good information for everyone that you're annoyed with one moderator? I don't get it, either.

-K

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 07:48 PM
What is so hard to understand? A moderator bothered me. So instead of making some big ass deal and U2Uing his "superior" and all that, I merely posted a reminder to ALL the moderators that succinct and friendly reminders to stay on topic are great. That's it.

It's not that complicated. Sorry if you don't like the method that I used to deliver it. If you prefer the private U2U, more power to you. I utilized the method that I felt would get my point across in the best manner. No one is more correct. I hope that clarifies it.

Artha
07-26-2005, 07:50 PM
So instead of making some big ass deal and U2Uing his "superior" and all that, I merely posted a reminder to ALL the moderators that succinct and friendly reminders to stay on topic are great.
Because this is making way less of a big ass deal about it!

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 07:59 PM

So instead of making some big ass deal and U2Uing his "superior" and all that, I merely posted a reminder to ALL the moderators that succinct and friendly reminders to stay on topic are great.
Because this is making way less of a big ass deal about it!

Yeah Artha, I'm responsible for all the replies, including your own right?

You have anything that's not a smart ass remark for me tonight? If not, save it.

Shalla
07-26-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't get it either. Let me get this straight, she liked 99% of the moderators except for 1. And prefered to make a thread instead of u2u for that 1 moderator because she felt like it. That moderator must have ticked her off bad to draw this much attention for it. At least, if you're going to draw that much attention into the case, tell us who offended you.

I didn't have to reply, but this is after all a public forum and any threads started is open for a response.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Shalla]

Xcalibur
07-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Why doing that? WELL BECAUSE THEY DO THAT AS WELL (they = mods)

Instead of u2uing you about a bad behavior that you had, they post it, as if they are the teachers and all of us the little bastards not listening.

All this is becoming a joke and I usually like to laugh. Bu it's not funny.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by HarmNone]

Asha
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
These boards are just a bunch of people posting what they think of life and everything in general.
It's just certain (how the fuck do you spell that?) people have the ability to make some of us STFU.
And I think the best folk were chosen to do that here.

I think especially Miss X was a good choice.
Fuck with her, she'll shatter your pants!!!
:heart: Miss X

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Drayal
These boards are just a bunch of people posting what they think of life and everything in general.
It's just certain (how the fuck do you spell that?) people have the ability to make some of us STFU.
And I think the best folk were chosen to do that here.

I think especially Miss X was a good choice.
Fuck with her, she'll shatter your pants!!!
:heart: Miss X

I agree about Miss X.

Sean
07-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Anyway, the rest of this post is purely my opinion and I don't speak for any of the other mods ...

While I think u2u's are definitely a better method of communication between staff and posters, I don't really see an issue with this thread either. If TRL think we (the general staff we or the 1% we... whichever) are being a bit too harsh with our style of bringing threads back to topic, it's a valid issue, if not a somewhat subjective one. If people had posted agreeing with her and it became apparent that perhaps in general we weren't giving the posters the right amount of respect when editing, personally I might have reconsidered my approach to bringing a thread back on topic. Not to say I'd change my general posting style or who I am over it, but I guess it's somewhat moot as there haven’t been many posts reinforcing her belief.

That being said I encourage anyone who has a problem specifically with my moderation style to let me know either via u2u or IM. Knowing how to better interface with the general posting base allows me to better do my job. However, if you don't interface with me but instead just send me fuck you u2u's if/when I am forced to edit/delete something you've posted ... well then personally I don't take the critics as seriously.

Sean
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
If you have an issue with staff, say you don't like our tone, how we handled a situation, something we said to you, etc. And feel it warrants administrative action those posts all still exist in the mod area of the boards. Regardless of the fact that you edited your posts in that thread if you don't like what I said than it's always available for admins to review. But at the same time while you can claim that 'a staff member' recommended you commit suicide, they (and myself) can also see what I actually said which is contrary to your claim. We're human. We don't have perfect.

Again, if you think a staff member was in violation, your chance of 'proving' something aren't 'tit's up' simply because the thread isn't in public view anymore. You can ask HN, or Kranar when he returns, to investigate any mod behaviour, and they'll decided if your claim has any merit. But at the same time in an issue like TRL's if it's not something you feel needs to be investigated but as a general reminder think that you are entitled to a little more respect than feel free (atleast in my opinion) to say something, if you feel it may need some validation or that you may not be correct in your believes post about it (or if you have some other reason this isn't to say if you post a complaint/issue/reminder that you require validation) or if you think a specific mod will be receptive to your comments I encourage you to u2u them.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Tijay]

Artha
07-26-2005, 09:14 PM
You have anything that's not a smart ass remark for me tonight?
Do I ever?

edit: In what universe would a thread like this get no replies? Yes, you're responsible for every single one, because without this thread, they would not exist. Including mine.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Artha]

Latrinsorm
07-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
as if they are the teachers and all of us the little bastards not listening.To be fair, we can be a bunch of little bastards sometimes.

ElanthianSiren
07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Xcalibur
as if they are the teachers and all of us the little bastards not listening.To be fair, we can be a bunch of little bastards sometimes.

Point. I don't expect anyone to ever not step out of line -- I wouldn't expect that of myself, so I can't expect it of our mods/posters; what I do like to see are apologies privately or publically for unacceptable behavior. Not really a comment on any specific situation here, more a general sense.

-M

TheRoseLady
07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
In what universe would a thread like this get no replies? Yes, you're responsible for every single one, because without this thread, they would not exist. Including mine.

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Artha]

Yeah, I bet I even beamed into your little mind and helped you type out your reply. I wish I had that much influence and control. In a broad sense, sure I am responsible for the fact that there were replies - but I'll be damned if I'll take responsibility for the one post where the person was talking in both present and past tense. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Edaarin
07-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Now don't say that, you might change his mind.

Artha
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I bet I even beamed into your little mind and helped you type out your reply. I wish I had that much influence and control. In a broad sense, sure I am responsible for the fact that there were replies - but I'll be damned if I'll take responsibility for the one post where the person was talking in both present and past tense. I have to draw the line somewhere.
:yes:

AnticorRifling
07-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Just a friendly reminder

To the posters, when you have to post a new topic add to a thread or read these boards, please don't presume to know why a thread, post, topic is modified by a mod unless it's your thread/post/topic. Even via u2u you don't get to know the full extent of the "whys" you don't see the pages of debates about every single edit because we like to get other mods opinions to make sure we aren't crazy in our actions. Realize that this is the internet it's not a perfect place, it never will be because there is a human element involved. Sorry to kill that dream.

As always my IM, u2u and email are open.

SpunGirl
07-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Glad to see this thread hasn't turned into any big deal. :lol2:

-K

AnticorRifling
07-26-2005, 10:55 PM
You see how pretentious that sounds though? It would be easier to just u2u the one you have beef with and hash out your issues....which is how I handle my threads, 99% of the time I can get the person to edit their own posts unless it's way to nasty and I need it fixed right quick and in a hurry.

Leetahkin
07-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Glad to see this thread hasn't turned into any big deal. :lol2:

-K

What?!?
Why, we're not in the wonderful land of PC if a thread doesn't go sideways, backwards, and awe us with some fancy loops. :spin:

Skirmisher
07-26-2005, 11:07 PM
What Anticor said.

U2U's are always open and if forwhatever reason you do not wish to speak to me directly please do contact one of the Super-mods or HarmNone.

HarmNone
07-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm going to remove the posts that aren't relevant to the ongoing discussion in this thread. Posts about individual posters who are not moderators/administrators fit the criteria. I'll be removing them as off-topic, so no points will be assessed.

This is the proper place for this thread, and the thread is acceptable, certainly. In addition to making such a thread, however, I hope U2U discussion with the subject moderator is used as an adjunct to the thread. That way, that moderator knows for sure what the problem is and can reconsider their posting style when trying to bring a thread back on topic.

As has been said, if you feel a U2U discussion isn't going anywhere, or won't go anywhere, I'd like to know what the problem is, and with whom, so I can evaluate it to see if there's something I can do to alleviate the situation. Nobody's perfect, and all of us can learn from our mistakes. Yet, we can only learn if we know what those mistakes are. Sometimes, it's just a miscommunication, or something meant to be a joke that's gone awry. These things aren't intentional, but they can cause misconceptions.

Doyle Hargraves
07-27-2005, 12:33 AM
I have no idea what any of this stemmed from, but I'm guessing that she'd get nowhere with the mod in question via U2Us, and decided to go "public" with it instead.

It's like going to Burger King and getting a raw burger and being told to fuck off when you complain to the manager.

Obviously nothing gets accomplished by talking to the manager, so instead you go to the newspaper and they print the article for everyone to see.

That's just my guess, with a shitty analogy.

TheRoseLady
07-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Doyle Hargraves
I have no idea what any of this stemmed from, but I'm guessing that she'd get nowhere with the mod in question via U2Us, and decided to go "public" with it instead.

It's like going to Burger King and getting a raw burger and being told to fuck off when you complain to the manager.

Obviously nothing gets accomplished by talking to the manager, so instead you go to the newspaper and they print the article for everyone to see.

That's just my guess, with a shitty analogy.

Damn, Doyle. If I weren't married ...

HarmNone
07-27-2005, 12:53 AM
If a poster doesn't feel they'll get anywhere by speaking to the moderator with whom the problem exists, a U2U to me might be another avenue. If a poster has a valid problem with someone on staff, and can give me an example of that problem, I'll be glad to address it. I may agree, or not, that a problem exists, but I will certainly be willing to discuss it and try to find a solution, or a comprimise.

07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Harmnone, as nice as that would be, we know that it will go nowhere.
Our altercations over the last month or two have managed to prove that to me beyond a shadow of a doubt. No matter if no TOS is violated mods can do no wrong.

Skirmisher
07-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dave
Harmnone, as nice as that would be, we know that it will go nowhere.
Our altercations over the last month or two have managed to prove that to me beyond a shadow of a doubt. No matter if no TOS is violated mods can do no wrong.

I was going to say that you could not be more wrong, but then i remembered who i was responding to.

I've had posts deleted.

I've had posts edited.

Please try to know what you are talking about before spouting whatever you feel like as if it were gospel..

07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
Not at all what I am talking about here Skirm. If that was the case I wouldn't have noticed Edaarin's post being removed from this thread.

I wonder how many posts that mods removed have been returned to the boards?

P.S. Skirm you really need to get over it. (and you know exactly what I am talking about)

[Edited on 7-27-2005 by Dave]

Doyle Hargraves
07-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Damn, Doyle. If I weren't married ...

Don't let that stop you...

Ilvane
07-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Wasn't this folder designed for concerns? I don't see what the problem is..I think it's fine to have concerns about staff, and to voice it. It's not as if we can't take suggestions. It's not necessary in my eyes to go private, because it leaves things open for more discussions, and more suggestion.:)

Not that I don't think HN can handle everything, but it's always good to have discussion, which we don't get to have on the official boards.:)

Just my thoughts.

-A:loveu:

TheRoseLady
07-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Ilvane
Wasn't this folder designed for concerns? I don't see what the problem is..I think it's fine to have concerns about staff, and to voice it. It's not as if we can't take suggestions. It's not necessary in my eyes to go private, because it leaves things open for more discussions, and more suggestion.:)

Not that I don't think HN can handle everything, but it's always good to have discussion, which we don't get to have on the official boards.:)

Just my thoughts.

-A:loveu:

You're a rare gem Ilvane.

Nieninque
07-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Agreed.
It doesnt endear oneself to ones public to be as unreceptive/defensive to (constructive) criticism as some people have a tendency to do.
It kind of also lends to the "MODS R BAD" fodder for the board knobheads.
No-one's perfect. Everyone screws up now and again...even mods. For people to refuse to even consider the fact that they may need to present a little differently at times indicates arrogance to the extreme

Miss X
07-27-2005, 08:27 AM
You know what, here's the thing: It's not a comment made now and then about how the mods go about things, it's all the damn time.

I am usually perfectly civil in thread like this, but I'm tired of it, I'm tired of being nice about it. All this thread has done, is make the mods wonder who it's about, and made the posters wonder the same thing. I was thinking.... WTF what have I/we done wrong NOW??

Anyone who has an issue with the way I do things, feel free to U2U or IM me about it. Speaking for myself only, I have no issue with covering things up or hiding things I have done, I just think a thread like this does nothing but upset people.

We're not all smiley happy people, some are more abrasive than others, so while I might try to be gentle about steering a thread back on topic, other mods may use a different style. I don't see the problem with that, no one is trying to get anyone, really.

I'm not trying to say everyone should keep their mouth shut if they have concerns, but come on, if its about ONE mod then creating an entire thread is just not worth it. I don't even have any idea which mod we are talking about so I certainly havent picked up on any issues.

I realise my first post in this thread probably did sound a little arrogant and I'm sorry if anyone felt it was out of line but even I have a breaking point.

CrystalTears
07-27-2005, 08:34 AM
:yeahthat:

I'm here for people to talk to as well, good or bad, which is why I have my IM names listed. I'll listen to personal criticism, even if I don't like it, because I'd rather someone confront me than to talk about it behind my back, or in a vague way.

We all have our ways of saying and doing things. We're all different. We all have our bad days. I've been having more of them lately, but that's not because of this place, just life in general. So if I come off as a bitch (moreso than usual) please tell me, in U2U or IM.

07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
You know what, here's the thing: It's not a comment made now and then about how the mods go about things, it's all the damn time.

Its kinda like a girl who hears people say her boyfriend is trash all the time, she doesn't want to listen and doesn't want anything to be wrong but he sleeps with other women on a regular basis. (its early and that's the best analogy i could come up with)

If you are hearing things about bad mods on a regular basis, it might be a sign that there is a issue with [some] of the mods.

CrystalTears
07-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Or that the posters are a little exaggerated in their ideas and/or don't really know what's going on to assume otherwise?

Miss X
07-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Yeah Dave, that must be it.... :yawn:

07-27-2005, 09:06 AM
:shrug: just my view on things.

CrystalTears
07-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Except that in your example, unless these women these guys are sleeping with come forth with proof, all this girl has to go on is heresay, so she'll believe what she knows until proven otherwise. You don't offer proof, just conjecture and speculation about things.

Have you been wronged somehow to feel this way? Has someone been unkind to you to the point of it being against TOS, you reported and nothing happened? Have the people that have been punished recently not been deserving of what they got?

Mistomeer
07-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Posting some vague statement is crap. If you have a problem with one mod, then why make a general statement directed at all of them? If you don't want to take it to U2U or IM, then make a thread about that one Mod rather than all.

And yeah, I kinda agree with Dave, which is scary in itself. If there's been alot of complaints lately, maybe they're not all baseless.

07-27-2005, 09:12 AM
I agree with Mod bashing, they need to be kept on their toes.

Just the people who bash Mods better be ready to super amounts of shit slung back at them. Give what you can take, I always say.

- Arkans

CrystalTears
07-27-2005, 09:15 AM
But you know, damned if we do, damned if we don't. If we leave everything alone, people get pissed off that we're not doing anything to fix the boards. When we take initiative and try to weed out the crap, we're being heavy handed. When we ask you to talk to us personally, you make a thread to stir up problems. So yeah, from where I'm sitting, they are a bit baseless.

As Tijay once said, if you didn't see what caused a poster to get banned or punished somehow, it's because the staff did their job to control the issue.

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
FUCK THE MODS (IN GENERAL)>Z>

p.s. there are less good mods than there should be, on a personal level

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
The boards would seriously be a hundred thousand times better if I was a mod.

Leetahkin
07-27-2005, 09:30 AM
I, for the most part, don't have issues with things and don't need to consult the mods. But when I do, I always see the reasoning behind their response to me, and understand it.
Besides, Miss X has her eye on me in my buddy list, so I have to be good!

Some comments by a mod or two has left a bad taste in my mouth lately, and is making me wonder why they have "power" in this PC when they act "out of line."

I can see favortism played a little. I can see mods getting their hand slapped instead of demerit points. But we also had an influx of new mods. It takes time for people to settle into a position and for the sea to be calm again.

Uhh, I'll stop rambling now.

AnticorRifling
07-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Give what you can take, I always say.

- Arkans

I always thought you said "Ohh look a shoe sale!!!!"

07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
:lol:

More so about clothes. I still have a little slip that lets me take off $25 when I spend $100. Not bad, if you ask me. Gotta love Banana Republic.

ANYWAY... where the fuck is my sandwich, you fucking woman?

- Arkans

07-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Have you been wronged somehow to feel this way? Has someone been unkind to you to the point of it being against TOS, you reported and nothing happened? Have the people that have been punished recently not been deserving of what they got?

I have had posts removed that in no way violated TOS. Just because the mod didn't feel like they should be there. When brought up the response was basically to bad I'm in charge and i make the decisions. When asked to show where I violated TOS, all that was shown to me was the MOD job description.

That is just a recent example that I delt with.

CrystalTears
07-27-2005, 10:56 AM
If something was posted rather inappropriately, it's up to the mod to decide they don't want it there. If it's what I think it is, I agreed that it was a bit much to say at the time. Good intentions perhaps, but unnecessary roughness.

07-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Still in no way violated TOS, and because of that IMO should not have been removed. When the only response I get is because I said so I'm gonna be pissed about it. Without a good reason it should not have been removed, no matter if it was insensitive, rough, or not.

Hence my supporting TOJ's ability to be a dick on the boards. As much as he was being one, he *mostly* stayed on topic though most of the stuff he did. As soon as he crossed the line though those that were gunning for him knocked him. [which was the right thing to do]

DeV
07-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Dave, you just need to suck it up, seriously. I've had avatars removed (without warning) in the past that in no way violated TOS, according the Kranar himself. But they were removed anyway because people complained and subsequent action was taken. It happens, and I'm sure we aren't the only ones affected by a situation or situations such as this. My advice: get over it and move on because I think things happen more along the lines of being discretionary at times when TOS hasn't been violated. It sucks, and I don't like it, but I don't think that is going to stop happening, especially if the Administrator himself has practiced similiar behavior in the past.

07-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I didn't make a thread about it.
I didnt bitch. I "sucked" it up and have since gladly gone around pointing out the hypocrisy of the moderation on the boards when I see it.

Nieninque
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Still in no way violated TOS, and because of that IMO should not have been removed. When the only response I get is because I said so I'm gonna be pissed about it. Without a good reason it should not have been removed, no matter if it was insensitive, rough, or not.

Hence my supporting TOJ's ability to be a dick on the boards. As much as he was being one, he *mostly* stayed on topic though most of the stuff he did. As soon as he crossed the line though those that were gunning for him knocked him. [which was the right thing to do]

I'm going to point out that you have had a lot of posts remain that should have gone (such as calling me a Brittish Cunt - please note that I dont want to start a flame war, just want to point out that its swings and roundabouts).

Also, most people actually WEREN'T gunning for Toj. When he started being a wanker to me, some of the people that ended up slating him, were supportive to him, as you will see from some of the bile he subsequently posted. He turned people's opinions of him around, and those that were gunning for him in the first instance amounted to me, pretty much.

DeV
07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
The irony in that statement is beyond you, Dave. Obviously, you have not sucked it up just yet.

07-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Nein, neither of us are not innocent, which is why i don't think anything that went on between us was removed. Both guilty.

If there was a viable violation of TOS and the post removed I would not complain.

07-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by DeV
The irony in that statement is beyond you, Dave. Obviously, you have not sucked it up just yet.

:) well I should say I sucked it up enough to the point where I didnt need to make a thread like this about it.

Skirmisher
07-27-2005, 11:19 AM

:) well I should say I sucked it up enough to the point where I didnt need to make a thread like this about it.

No, you just whine in any thread you can about it.

Nieninque
07-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Nein, neither of us are not innocent, which is why i don't think anything that went on between us was removed. Both guilty.

Actually, when you posted that, you jumped in on a very new thread, first comment between the two with nothing to add other than a crude insult. That should have been removed. In fact, a mod let it slide and corrected you on your spelling. Nothing I said was to or about you, therefore regardless of whatever else had happened anywhere else on the boards, you were contravening ToS.

Point being, you get away with some you shouldnt, so give up on the "mods r meen" stuff.

That's not to say that they are beyond reproach, beause I dont think they should be...and while I dont agree with some of the things the mods do, I believe that the person making the complaint has an impact on the way that complaint is received. Some people take great pleasure in bemoaning the mods over all and sundry, others rarely do so are/should be listened to more when they do it.

07-27-2005, 11:24 AM

Or like you I could follow me around and add bitchy comments every time I get a chance.

Miss X
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Let's not turn this into another one of 'those' threads please.

Brattt8525
07-27-2005, 11:28 AM

Or like you I could follow me around and add bitchy comments every time I get a chance.

Mommy she touched me, no she touched me....Holy Batman just let it go.

07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque

Actually, when you posted that, you jumped in on a very new thread, first comment between the two with nothing to add other than a crude insult. That should have been removed. In fact, a mod let it slide and corrected you on your spelling. Nothing I said was to or about you, therefore regardless of whatever else had happened anywhere else on the boards, you were contravening ToS.

Point being, you get away with some you shouldnt, so give up on the "mods r meen" stuff.

That's not to say that they are beyond reproach, beause I dont think they should be...and while I dont agree with some of the things the mods do, I believe that the person making the complaint has an impact on the way that complaint is received. Some people take great pleasure in bemoaning the mods over all and sundry, others rarely do so are/should be listened to more when they do it.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Parker

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nieninque

quote:
Originally posted by Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Nobody Cares
Without reading the link, I think there are some people that SHOULD be sterilized, with or without their consent. One main example I have is the females who are drug addicts with no income who can't keep their legs crossed. Or, I read once, where a guy had almost a dozen children, couldn't support any, and said it was his right to have more.

In both cases, I agree, I want to add people who are HIV positive to that list..if you've contracted HIV, there is no way in hell you should be allowed to have a child...it's just too horrible a thing to do to a child.

You are seriously stupid. Please go away.

You've really got it out for me, don't you?

If you don't like me, that's fine, but I'm not going to go anywhere.

You've come out several times now and tried to start an argument with me, and I've never once targeted you. Why do you persist?

Shes just a little brittish cunt, ignore her.

That was the post in question, if it violated TOS is should have been removed.

You were being abrasive towards a poster, I did the same in return.

It was not just random name calling.

07-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Brattt8525

Mommy she touched me, no she touched me....Holy Batman just let it go.

Skirm and I had a disagreement about something. We prior to that (i thought) were friends. Since then she reverted to the way the two of us used to be at each others throats a few years back before Amber made us get along.

Not knowing what the two of us are talking about or the reason behind it I would not expcet you to understand.

Miss X
07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Ooookay. This thread is not about your previous violations or comments. It's fine for us to discuss staff related issues but let's not get too off track guys. Thx.

07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Im just responding :)

Nieninque
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I was being abrasive towards a poster but stayed on topic in doing so (the comment was directed towards a comment they made in the thread) Your comment had nothing to do with the topic in question and was a direct flame which could be applied to:

Any member or group of members who persistently incite or provoke hostility towards other members are in violation of forum policy and subject to a violation increase of at least 1 and at most 15. This includes harassment, establishing a pattern of antagonism from thread to thread, and thread derailments of an insulting nature.

You are right, it should have been removed. Miss X was lenient with you and let it remain. You should be thanking her for this rather than bemoaning the fact that all your posts are picked on.

Miss X
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm just asking you not to, so we can get back on topic. You can respond via U2U or create a new thread about discussions relating to your disagreements if you wish.

Leetahkin
07-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Darn it, and I wanted to :cry: about it being my post in the controversy above.

You people (umm, generalized statement) are so silly, bickering at each other all the time.

CrystalTears
07-27-2005, 11:45 AM
You're right, Dave. There are a few inconsistancies. You should have had your hand slapped for a lot worse, as well as others.

Damn us for being human and not catching everything, or not really realizing the problem until it's pointed out with REPORT, something few people actually use in order to be able to bitch about something not being taken care of in the first place.

Let the beatings begin!

07-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Gives us something to do to pass the time :up: