PDA

View Full Version : how do guys "blow it" at a club?!!!

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I was at one of the many Asian club parties that goes on in Detroit, from time to time (I have some asian friends, filipino's, mostly, and get invited to these things, which is basically a bunch of hot asian chicks taking over a club for a night)...

Anyway, I am trying to help my friend meet a hot chick, cause he sucks at the meeting the chicks thing, even though he's a nice guy, runs a profitable IT company, and is umm, in good shape/isn't fugly, according to alot of women I know.

I am, "friend, which chick in here do you think is the hottest", and he points out a local asian model (she models part time). So I said, let me borrow your camera phone.

I walk up to this woman, ask her if she does modeling, cause a friend of mine is a fan of hers, and I want to take a picture of them together.

She was super open and friendly about it, so I told my friend to get his ass over there.

After taking the picture, I smiled, showed them, and LEFT THEM TO MINGLE.

3 minutes later, I'm standing at the bar, and I glance over, and I can tell he BLEW IT. The thing is, HOW DO MEN BLOW PERFECT OPPORTUNITIES? It couldn't get any easier then that.. :lol:

you can lead a horse to water, but I guess you really CAN'T make him drink. :banghead:

[Edited on 7-23-2005 by Yswithe]

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:26 AM
oh yeah, and so, the way he 'blew it' was like, well, my friend (female) brought me to this party, and she likes you, would you like to meet her? <model> no, I don't.

:rofl:

Hulkein
07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Haha, sucks for him.

Leetahkin
07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I got disgusted with all the "and like, so like, like" and couldn't read anymore.

Edaarin
07-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Have you ever seen Hitch?

"You cannot use what you don't have. If you're shy, be shy. If you're outgoing, be outgoing."

Sounds like you put him on the spot. I'd have flubbed it too if someone did that to me, I'm not the most articulate guy in social pressure situations.

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Nobody Cares
I got disgusted with all the "and like, so like, like" and couldn't read anymore.

OMG DID I DO THAT :(

STILL RECOVERING FROM TEQUILA, YES, THAT'S IT.

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin

"You cannot use what you don't have. If you're shy, be shy. If you're outgoing, be outgoing."

Sounds like you put him on the spot. I'd have flubbed it too if someone did that to me, I'm not the most articulate guy in social pressure situations.

Umm, THERE'S NO PRESSURE, it's just talking to a hot asain model to see if there's chemistry. And/or sex down the line.

For the record, picking up women at bars/clubs is a bad habit, much better if you can meet them in their own environment (Work, school, whateva, etc.)

Leetahkin
07-23-2005, 11:32 AM
:lol:
It reminded of the movie Clueless
:pulls her hair out:

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Nobody Cares
:lol:
It reminded of the movie Clueless
:pulls her hair out:

I would not make an attractive Alicia Silverstone (i think that was clueless)

Hulkein
07-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Some people can't really carry a one on one conversation with other people they're not attracted to, let alone someone who probably has them nervous.

I have a couple friends like that.

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Some people can't really carry a one on one conversation with other people they're not attracted to, let alone someone who probably has them nervous.

I have a couple friends like that.

yeah, but I mean, if someone had done the same thing for me, I would have been on the dance floor in like 2 minutes or less, or left the bar with her to go somewhere else..

Seriously, she was super friendly and open, and not in a fake way, that's like, gold right there.

Bobmuhthol
07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
If someone brought me to an Asian club I'd walk right out the nearest door.

Edaarin
07-23-2005, 11:44 AM
You probably have to be old enough to drive to get in.

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
next party I go to, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.. then you can decide whether or not you would walk out :D
(21+ to get in)

Bobmuhthol
07-23-2005, 12:12 PM
<<You probably have to be old enough to drive to get in.>>

Agist motherfucker.

<<next party I go to, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.. then you can decide whether or not you would walk out>>

If you can find me a hot Asian anywhere, I'll change my opinion.

Latrinsorm
07-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Ziyi Zhang.

longshot
07-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe
next party I go to, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.. then you can decide whether or not you would walk out :D
(21+ to get in)

A was really good friends with this Chinese girl in college, and I went with her and her roommates to one of these events in Ann Arbor. I became good friends with her while we were in Japan (study abroad during my Junior year), so she figured I'd be up for going. While some of the women there were very attractive, I absolutely hated it.

There were only two kinds of white people there. There was the fat, hag type of white chick. There were actually very few of these, but they really stood out.

Then, there was your traditional asian fetish white dude. You know... the assclown with glowsticks trying to get attention. They usually give you dirty looks, because I guess in their head, other white dudes being there will signficantly destroys their chances of hooking up.

I was extremely unconfortable, and really didn't talk to anyone, except for the friends that I came with. Even then, they were busy seeing people from Ann Arbor who they hadn't seen. The whole night was pretty terrible.

I don't like huge clubs. I never have. Too much of a meat market feel. I've always done better in smaller venues.

Also, it probably didn't help that you made your friend talk to a girl that he felt was way out of his league. Even if she wasn't, as long as he perceives her to be, it's likely that he's going to come accross sounding like Butthead.

As far as "blowing it"... the guys I know that score the most probably "blow it" more than anyone. They just don't fear rejection. If you hit 30 homers, people tend to ingore you striking out 120 times. Again, this really isn't my style either, but it works for them.

Apotheosis
07-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by longshot
There were only two kinds of white people there. There was the fat, hag type of white chick. There were actually very few of these, but they really stood out.

Yeah, I was like, 1 one 3 white guys there, but, I don't have an asian fetish, all hot chicks are hot chicks to me, doesn't matter the race.

Umm, there weren't any hag white chicks though, all the white women there were pretty sexy, too, and I'm a picky SOB.

Then, there was your traditional asian fetish white dude. You know... the assclown with glowsticks trying to get attention. They usually give you dirty looks, because I guess in their head, other white dudes being there will signficantly destroys their chances of hooking up.

I have seen these kinds of people at other asain parties. :lol:

I don't like huge clubs. I never have. Too much of a meat market feel. I've always done better in smaller venues.

There were about 75 people in this place, it really wasn't that packed, just like a lounge/club kinda thing....big venues suck, though.

Also, it probably didn't help that you made your friend talk to a girl that he felt was way out of his league. Even if she wasn't, as long as he perceives her to be, it's likely that he's going to come accross sounding like Butthead.

Yeah, that's unfortunate, cause she seemed pretty open and down to earth.

As far as "blowing it"... the guys I know that score the most probably "blow it" more than anyone. They just don't fear rejection. If you hit 30 homers, people tend to ingore you striking out 120 times. Again, this really isn't my style either, but it works for them.

Heh, yeah, I know alot of guys like that.. it helps me if I go into a club with a few attractive female friends. Then I feel pretty confident about that. I don't try to pick women up at clubs because it's not my thing, but it does happen sometimes.

Terminator X
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM
I have an extremely rediculously hard time hitting on Asian chicks in general cause i make this inappropriate assumption that they're super-proper to an absurd extent.
Yeah, i definately would feel like tweleve times more comfortable buying some black or white girl a drink or whatever and just talking some "I'd buy you flowers and cake," game....

Back
07-23-2005, 10:12 PM

I agree with this. I’ve never done well with set-ups either. I mean, I can meet a stranger from the internet and feel much more in control than if one of my friends purposefully tries to get me with one of their friends.

I don’t know... I think it may be a control thing, or maybe knowing its a set up takes away that feeling of spontaneity thats really so precious when you get a hook-up on your own.

And I nee too buy a copy of Hitch. It really is a great movie.

Apotheosis
07-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I think people tend to feel pressure, too, and some people don't function well under pressure. ah well.

07-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Speaking of "all Asian clubs"

I noticed that people tend to segregate themselves at parties.

I went to this frat party once and got completely fucking wasted. I don't even remember the journey home.

Anyway... When I first got there I was orientating myself. All the people down stairs.. white.. all the ones upstairs.. black.. I was like "WTF?!?!"

- Arkans

Apotheosis
07-24-2005, 12:21 PM
it's not so much about race, it's about socializing/communicating.

It's tough for people from different backgrounds to communicate.

Plus, I think you are in a place where people are still racist :shrug

07-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Yep, Massachusetts... 20 minutes out of Boston. One of the most liberal places in the country. Definately rascist here. Yup. Oh yeah.

- Arkans

Apotheosis
07-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Yep, Massachusetts... 20 minutes out of Boston. One of the most liberal places in the country. Definately rascist here. Yup. Oh yeah.

- Arkans

Well, I dunno, it's hard for me to say because I tend to hang out with people from different races. In fact, I barely hang out with any white people, now that I think about it.. hmmm.....maybe I am racist...

Bobmuhthol
07-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Boston is fucking full of blacks and Asians. Most of the whites you see walking around near Park Street/Government Center that aren't suits are tourists.

Edaarin
07-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Anyway... When I first got there I was orientating myself. All the people down stairs.. white.. all the ones upstairs.. black.. I was like "WTF?!?!"

- Arkans

Here's my thing with the racial segregation issue. There's always exceptions to the norm, but for most people it's a comfort thing. Religion before race, race before other cultures, but minorities before white people. From my experiences, it holds more for black and Latinos than Asians, but is still the norm among Asians.

Personally the one time I got dragged to a black fraternity party, I was uncomfortable the entire time. Quite frankly, most of the girls I met that night were more aggressive than some guys I know. One girl got up in my face about it, and let me have it for thinking I was too good for her.

Apotheosis
07-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Personally the one time I got dragged to a black fraternity party, I was uncomfortable the entire time. Quite frankly, most of the girls I met that night were more aggressive than some guys I know. One girl got up in my face about it, and let me have it for thinking I was too good for her.

I would have been like... "yeah, so?"

[Edited on 7-24-2005 by Yswithe]

Edaarin
07-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Probably misunderstood.

I meant she thought that I thought I was too good for black girls.

07-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I agree, there is a huge cultural divide with minorities and whites, even between other minorities.

- Arkans

Apotheosis
07-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Probably misunderstood.

I meant she thought that I thought I was too good for black girls.

nah, women feel offended if you don't pay attention to them.

Vitruvian
07-24-2005, 03:52 PM
<<If you can find me a hot Asian anywhere, I'll change my opinion>>

I have two words for you Bobmuthol... Lucy Liu

Jenisi
07-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Found!

Jenisi
07-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Tila Tequila is hot as hell

MangledKitty
07-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I saw her on Myspace and was going to put up a pic too, I think shes pretty.

Bobmuhthol
07-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Lucy Liu is not attractive, and the picture Jenisi posted is fucking repulsive.

Jenisi
07-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Whatever, that girl has more natural beauty then pretty much anyone I know.

Artha
07-24-2005, 04:05 PM
She has a weirdly shaped head.

Jenisi
07-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Looks pretty normal to me.

Artha
07-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Because this could be her cousin.

http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/education/stowawayskidspages/images/Tet_bicari_300.jpg

Terminator X
07-24-2005, 04:09 PM
good thing that thing's like only 3mm wide, at most, i'd smush it
but still :cold:

MangledKitty
07-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Hahahaha. Ah thats great.

Bobmuhthol
07-24-2005, 04:13 PM
<<Whatever, that girl has more natural beauty then pretty much anyone I know.>>

It doesn't look like much of her is natural, but whatever you say.

And Artha's right about the weird head.

SpunGirl
07-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Goddamnit Artha, just when I think a thread will be free of bug pics...

-K

Hulkein
07-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, definitely a weird looking head.

Hottest Asian type girl I know is half Phillipino and half Irish. She's really really hot.

[Edited on 7-24-2005 by Hulkein]