PDA

View Full Version : The Ninja/Japanese stupidity has begun

Revalos
09-29-2003, 06:32 AM
Well, last night in Solhaven, I heard the first idiot with an obvious Japanese name and speaking Japanese inserted into every broken sentence. I thought about reporting, but I was too afraid that if I did, I'd get an answer like: "This will be acceptable roleplay soon, deal."

I think some people are getting Japanese names now so they'll have them to annoy the crap out of everyone later.

theotherjohn
09-29-2003, 06:46 AM
I havent decided what is worse:

Bad Japanese slang
People acting as animals
halflings who act like little children, love tarts etc

longshot
09-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Give me a name. It is my crusade to kill all of them.

Edaarin
09-29-2003, 08:03 AM
When last names come out, I'm changing Edaarin's to Dorkbane so I have an RP excuse when I start slaughtering them.

Parkbandit
09-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
When last names come out, I'm changing Edaarin's to Dorkbane so I have an RP excuse when I start slaughtering them.

You're changing your last name? But I like Isadork! :smug:

Artha
09-29-2003, 04:22 PM
It will not be fucking exceptable. Policy 2 is not changing. Report them all, and let the GMs sort them out.

theotherjohn
09-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Artha
It will not be fucking exceptable. Policy 2 is not changing. Report them all, and let the GMs sort them out.

You expect Simu to enforce a policy?:lol:

Artha
09-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Hope and pray, more than expect. They've warned people for speaking 'semi-japanese' before.

Jolena
09-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Okay yeah, I have to add in my two cents here cause my baby rogue was at the well not too long ago and some crazy person named "toadey" :rolleyes: and a french woman named Gisselle or something like that were there. Toadey does nothing but say "ribbit" and does a lot of actions where he hops around in the water in the well.. and she is his master and speaks in French and is very loud. When my rogue rolled her eyes and covered her ears because Gisselle or whatever was being so loud some asshole talked shit to her and said she was mean lol I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks that people who RP a animal and use french accents and shit are stupid.

Artha
09-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Speaking in French is against policy, as is doing what Toadey's doing (the well doesn't have water in it anywhere you can see him. That's why you can climb down the rope). You ought to report them both.

Xcalibur
09-29-2003, 06:15 PM
I think that policy is as stupid as allowing french items in a game and denying they come from France.

If you don't want any french, remove all the french words, if you don't want any japanese, remove all japanese items.

They got enough gms to deEARTH elanthia.

Artha
09-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Uh...no. That's retarded. I can swing a zweihander. You know what it looks like? A two handed (or possibly bastard) sword. Or is your characters one of those guys who just sees words?

Xcalibur
09-29-2003, 06:40 PM
That's retarded

you don't swing a zweihander

you swing a two handed or possibly bastard sword that is named zweihander in (germany?)

Artha
09-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah, in Germany. And uh...it seems we're saying the same thing, except you want already hard working volunteer (for the most part) staff to take away from their GSIV coding and 'englishify' everything. Even after GSIV, there's plenty more stuff than making every goddamn weapon a longsword, broadsword, twohander, etcetera.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 12:28 AM
i met a good japanese rper in solhaven she talked good japanese and taught me some words

Betheny
09-30-2003, 01:04 AM
For your sake, I hope they were something useful, like swear words and "I am not so bright."

Vesi
09-30-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
For your sake, I hope they were something useful, like swear words and "I am not so bright."

Was the pun intended here? I thought it was funny. hehe

Vesi

More Lean
09-30-2003, 02:27 AM

no she tawt me kawaii is cute and baka is a stupid jerk

DCSL
09-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Eh... I'll admit that at one point, I did speak Japanese in-game three years ago. Another player and I decided that our characters would be speaking goblin or something. But... I got over that.

I'd like to say that Japanese isn't the only one you have to watch out for. Celian and Charna and a few others speak... Irish, I believe, and get away with it. I've seen Charna do it in front of GMs with no consequence, even.

And More Lean.... whoever that was that was teaching you Japanese should be shot.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 03:48 AM
suzume noes japanese to but she woodnt teach me and said that you had to be very smart to understand it

o learned from yurito or somebody in soulhaven

More Lean
09-30-2003, 04:03 AM
all so i think soulhavens ninjas are good for rollplay

Tsa`ah
09-30-2003, 09:06 AM
It doesn't matter what language it is. Using a foreign language in game, even broken or a few words, is against policy.

If you see it, report it and be done with it.

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:08 AM
warn tsa`ah sense

You warn Tsa`ah that he is making too much sense, and that if he does not stop, you will be forced to hit him with a rubber mallet.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
It doesn't matter what language it is. Using a foreign language in game, even broken or a few words, is against policy.

If you see it, report it and be done with it.

taht isa lie

it is not aginst policy

everyone is doing it so i will to

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:22 AM
all so suzume playsa japanese priestess and koneko is a geisha and yumito is a samuri and i have sean 5 ninjas

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:35 AM
POLICY 5

Players can talk japanese.

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Satsume is an idiot, by the way. And he doesn't play a Japanese priest, he plays a giantman priest with a kimono and lots of other stupid shit.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Satsume is an idiot, by the way. And he doesn't play a Japanese priest, he plays a giantman priest with a kimono and lots of other stupid shit.

suzume not satsume

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:40 AM
So Morelean, if it was within a policy loop (to your feeble mind, anyway) to jump off a cliff, would you?

Please?

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:40 AM
POLICY TWELVE

you can do what you want to if you dont hurt anyone else

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Okay. So... policy 12 negates all other policies :?:

Hips
09-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by More Lean
all so suzume playsa japanese priestess and koneko is a geisha and yumito is a samuri and i have sean 5 ninjas

Can you tell us the other 5 names so we can get a head start on deeding them? :thumbsup:

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
Japan is not in Elanthia. Japanese is NOT covered by policy 5. Seriously, More Lean, you need to not only read but also UNDERSTAND policy before you go quoting it.

i dont care i do what i want my daddy dont tell me what to do and neither does the dm

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Does anyone else think More Lean is purposely acting like he's an idiot? My wondering would be if someone's impersonating him to make him mad. He doesn't come off as this... ah. He seems to have a better grasp of the English language in game...

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
And where you got THAT out of policy 12, I have NO idea, but you are indeed mistaken. If you doubt us, assist in game and ask for yourself.

i want to be a japanese man with kong foo in gemstone

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
That clinches it.

So who are you really?

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Does anyone else think More Lean is purposely acting like he's an idiot? My wondering would be if someone's impersonating him to make him mad. He doesn't come off as this... ah. He seems to have a better grasp of the English language in game...

how do you know who i am in game

Drew2
09-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Actually I was thinking that. He has too many inconsistancies in his spelling and grammar patterns. If he really was as stupid as he's saying, his patterns wouldn't change and he'd keep mispelling the same words.

Hips

I was thinking that, too. The one time my character interacted with Morelean IG was an unpleasant event, but he wasn't this stupid. :rolleyes:

Betheny
Because my mom didn't drink paint thinner when she was pregnant with me.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

I was thinking that, too. The one time my character interacted with Morelean IG was an unpleasant event, but he wasn't this stupid. :rolleyes:

i don't noe any more leans in game. i am more lean than my friends so that became my nick name. i am skinny

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:48 AM
I'm going to start ignoring this guy now, and hope he or she is castrated.

GemstoneFan
09-30-2003, 09:49 AM
* Falls out of chair cackling *

Thanks, Maimara

longshot
09-30-2003, 09:52 AM
We need a club...

Some sort of group that is sworm to protect the common language of Elanthia.

Any ideas?

Someone with more charisma than me can be the leader...

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:52 AM
I'm going to start ignoring this guy now, and hope he or she is castrated.

haha i am ingoring you now to

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Nah, that'd be dumb. It'd be like the self-appointed amulet police. Gestapo crap.

I much prefer the giggle at the idiots and make fun of them at every opportunnity route.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by longshot
We need a club...

Some sort of group that is sworm to protect the common language of Elanthia.

Any ideas?

Someone with more charisma than me can be the leader...

i will do it

Kia
09-30-2003, 09:58 AM
You need a mascot. Might I suggest the following:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~purpleky/stuff/nemea6.jpg

Betheny
09-30-2003, 09:59 AM
That dog slept on my boobs.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:00 AM
That dog slept on my boobs. you have boobs hahaha

Betheny
09-30-2003, 10:03 AM
:flamed::flamed::flamed::flamed::flamed::flamed::f lamed::flamed::flamed::flamed:

Look guys it's Bob Jr.

Kia
09-30-2003, 10:14 AM
That little pink bunny coat is from Shanghai - sure its not Japanese, but I think it subtly gets the point across. Yeaaahhhh.

Or something.

What are we complaining about again?

Betheny
09-30-2003, 10:15 AM
People playing Japanese and Ninja characters in Gemstone. And how the whole Erithian thing is going to bring more of them about. I think.

peam
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
If we're going to turn this into a More Lean flame thread, it's easy enough to open one in the character complaints folder.

/beat chest.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
People playing Japanese and Ninja characters in Gemstone. And how the whole Erithian thing is going to bring more of them about. I think.

i am a japaknees ninja

Kia
09-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Hmmm, I don't really have a problem with that. I mean, on one hand you've got people who try to be all historically correct about GS (Katanas are two-handed! - WHO CARES) and on the other you've got Legolas, Citronella (ok, that's one of mine but you get the point!), Goo, Bunnykins, etc running around. Its a fantasy game and we make our own rules on how we want to RP (within reason). So... who cares?

KIA.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Kia
Hmmm, I don't really have a problem with that. I mean, on one hand you've got people who try to be all historically correct about GS (Katanas are two-handed! - WHO CARES) and on the other you've got Legolas, Citronella (ok, that's one of mine but you get the point!), Goo, Bunnykins, etc running around. Its a fantasy game and we make our own rules on how we want to RP (within reason). So... who cares?

KIA.

eggzacktly you are a geentelman and a skollar

Betheny
09-30-2003, 10:23 AM
/pets Kia.

I think if the character is pulled off in a certain way, that's fine, but if you're just walking around going I am Japanese, etc... then you're dumb.

Kia
09-30-2003, 10:23 AM

eggzacktly you are a geentelman and a skollar

A gentleKIA. Plus I'm a girl.

Kia
09-30-2003, 10:24 AM
/pets Kia.

I think if the character is pulled off in a certain way, that's fine, but if you're just walking around going I am Japanese, etc... then you're dumb.

Well sure. You have to make it realistic. That goes for any type of RP, though, not just Japanese.

Kia
09-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Gross why am I even talking about RP.

You know I fear it!

Mmmm... powerhunting. Its hot.

HOT LIKE LAVA BABY!

Betheny
09-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Hot like sexy chihuaha in pink bunny costume.

Mmmm.

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:35 AM
:ninja: :jedi: :japan:

Hahahaha!

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:36 AM
ew these bordes are gay where are the ninja jedi and japan smilys?

:owned:

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:37 AM
they dont even have the owned smily i am going back to the stoners realm this is dumb

Betheny
09-30-2003, 10:38 AM
ew these bordes are gay where are the ninja jedi and japan smilys?

:owned:

More Lean
09-30-2003, 10:43 AM
you are stoopid

GemstoneFan
09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
By reading this shit I feel like I just lost 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back.... *marks this thread as ignore*

Adhara
09-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Stoner's Realm... suddenly it all makes sense.