PDA

View Full Version : Mind Control

Trouble
07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
So I got my only really nifty spell the other night and haven't tried it out yet... Mind Control. I figured I'd ask about it here before I tried other boards, hoping the n00b wrath would be less here.

So how does it work? Do I have to come up with a set of buttons for every type of attack, so I can use whichever type of mob I try to control?

From what I have read, they recommend controlling non-tank type mobs, as hopefully the thing you controlled will be dead by the time the spell wears off, or it will come after you.

It would be neat to go into a room with 4-5 mobs guarding something and have one guy attack the others, softening everyone up and losing a couple before the party does anything...

And yes, I know for PvP, run the guy off the nearest cliff or lava flow or whatever, unless it's a hunter, in which case you make it attack its own pet.

The Korean
07-21-2005, 10:56 AM
When you use MC, a new toolbar will appear with the available npc abilities you can use while you control the mob. I personally like to MC the mobs with healing abilities, so when a fight's going on, I can still keep up my priestly abilities of healing the party, and fight and draw aggro to the mob I have control of.

Trouble
07-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by The Korean
When you use MC, a new toolbar will appear with the available npc abilities you can use while you control the mob. I personally like to MC the mobs with healing abilities, so when a fight's going on, I can still keep up my priestly abilities of healing the party, and fight and draw aggro to the mob I have control of.

Awesome, thanks. Do you warn your party to kill the guy if he breaks free? Or do you jump into solo hunting mode when it ends/breaks free and kill it fast?

I need to go to a lowbie area and try it on some WoW rolton types, to get some practice before trying it in a risky area.

The Korean
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Depending on how the fight is going with the other party members, I either throw up a shield and MC it again, or just take it out myself.

Some Rogue
07-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Trouble
I need to go to a lowbie area and try it on some WoW rolton types, to get some practice before trying it in a risky area.

I hear there's this new Anticor creature that's willing to be tested...

07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I spent my evening protecting the Anticor and Saries creatures from marauding Alliance :(

- Arkans

AnticorRifling
07-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Whatever! When you couldn't kill them and they were running to regroup it was my throwing prowess that saved the day. But yeah I'm always up for trying new spells. What's the worst that can happen? You have to run to your body!! OHHZ NOOZ

07-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I remember when Sinax, fucking dick head, made me run off the zepplin.

- Arkans

07-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
I spent my evening protecting the Anticor and Saries creatures from marauding Alliance :(

- Arkans

Hey if it wasent for me the second time you woulda been dead pffft Not to mention I took the attack head on both times so you two had time to react.

Sean of the Thread
07-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Hheheeheh I remember camping the elevators in 1000 needles.. dubbed Drunkard Airlines.

The Korean
07-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
I remember when Sinax, fucking dick head, made me run off the zepplin.

- Arkans

ROFL, omg those were good times.

Trouble
07-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Bummer. I just realized that MC will have limited functionality from like 34-44... Rank 1 only works up to level 32 mobs/pcs, Rank 2 comes at 44, but has the same problem from 47-58. Ah well, another excuse to cap I guess, or pick on people younger than me.