PDA

View Full Version : A general question...

Sean
07-20-2005, 04:37 PM
I've noticed a lot of posts recently about what points people have/don't have and in comparison what kind of points have/have not been assessed to the staff. Generally these questions are from posters other than those that they are refering to. So my question is, other than an uneducated guess, where are you getting the information about who has what points and who has/hasn't been assigned points? I ask because obviously the information isn't public and at the same time all violations have a scale from 0-maximum pts, so it seems to me impossible to gauge what kind of points anyone has other than yourself. So I'm either curious how you do actually know (which I don't think is the case) or what formula you are using to deduct who has points and how they are assigned.

Hulkein
07-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I have another question with points.

If you've never gotten a U2U saying you've been given demerit points, does that mean you don't have any?

Or can you get points and not be notified of them?

Bobmuhthol
07-20-2005, 04:39 PM
I've never been notified of receiving points.

That said, the most I have ever been aware of was 4 because I asked Kranar.

Sean
07-20-2005, 04:39 PM
You aren't required to be notified until you've reached 10 pts.

Mistomeer
07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
1. People talk about points.

2. If you have less than 10 then it really doesn't count as anything.

3. You can also tell because you see the same people posting the same things and getting them edited/deleted, yet they're still making the same violations over and over so you know the points aren't stacking up. If points were being assigned for every blatant violation then quite a few people would have already recieved bans of some sort or changed their style.

CrystalTears
07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Sure they are. They probably just happen to be the kind that only garner 1-2 points. Doing that 10 times will come up to 20 points. For every 5 days a point is knocked off. So if every 5 days you do something that gives 1-2 points, it will probably not accumulate much.

Artha
07-20-2005, 06:39 PM
You can also tell because you see the same people posting the same things and getting them edited/deleted, yet they're still making the same violations over and over so you know the points aren't stacking up.
Some people are riding a very fine line.

Mistomeer
07-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Sure they are. They probably just happen to be the kind that only garner 1-2 points. Doing that 10 times will come up to 20 points. For every 5 days a point is knocked off. So if every 5 days you do something that gives 1-2 points, it will probably not accumulate much.

Right, but you tend to notice the people that do it more often than every 5 days.

Basically, people with points issues tend to discuss them or get banned which becomes obvious.

CrystalTears
07-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Some people are riding a very fine line.

:yeahthat:

Artha
07-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Also, not all violations that get removed get points. So someone can have posts removed, but none are serious enough to gain points.