PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Imbed's with Lore?

mgoddess
07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
So, I've got a ranger friend who wants some lore put in some of their imbeds...

How much MIU would she need to get the self-cast bonus?

Thanks everyone!

Trouble
07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
As far as I know, you automatically get the self-cast bonus if it is an item you imbued. The MIU skill is only needed to activate the item and depends on the activation mechanism (rub, tap, wave, raise).

mgoddess
07-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Heh, I understand that. But, since ranger's can't imbue, they don't get the self-cast bonus right off.

What I'm going in, is:

From play.net
Rangers may have their imbued items imbedded with Picking/Disarm Enhancement to receive a bonus. This bonus is available to the Ranger who imbued the item only and has the potential to be as powerful as the self-cast bonus, with the appropriate amount of Magic Item Use training.

This tells me, that is the ranger makes some rods/wands/etc out of their foraged materials, hands them to a wizard/sorc to be imbedded, and then the ranger uses that imbed...with a certain amount of MIU, they get the self-cast bonus that any person with access to the 400's get..

I was wondering how many MIU ranks that would take. :)

Trouble
07-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Rangers can imbue, I think you're confusing it with embed (420)? The name of the spell rangers use to create the item is (614) Imbue.

Either way, I don't think there is actually an MIU requirement for the self-cast effect (despite what it says in the spell description). Your best bet would be to check on the official boards under the Ranger Spells topic. There are a few rangers who pick or have picked in the past, like Odysia, who regularly post there.

-Barachado

mgoddess
07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Trouble
Rangers can imbue, I think you're confusing it with embed (420)? The name of the spell rangers use to create the item is (614) Imbue.

Ahh, *nod* Yep, I'm confusing imbue with embed.

None-the-less...the question stands still. With a ranger-imbued, wizard-embedded lore-stick/rod/amulet/etc....how much MIU does the ranger need to use it, and get the full self-cast bonus?

I'll go check on the officials. I just figured someone here might know faster. Thanks anyways! :)