PDA

View Full Version : Registrar Enhancements

Artha
09-28-2003, 05:35 PM
IOI: 5

You asked for it, you've got it! It's an update to the Registrar!

As of about 10 minutes ago, you can now REGISTER an item anywhere in town. As well, INSPECTing an item that you were the last person to register will inform you of such a fact, as well as how long ago that registration was. As if that wasn't enough, you can take an item to your local Regstrar's Office and REGISTER INFO {item}, and he'll tell you the last person to register it (if it's been registered). And possibly most important of all.... registering an item will no longer cost you 10 silvers!

In order for your items to show up to INSPECT and REGISTER INFO, you'll need to register them at least once under the new system. Previous registrations of items will still be valid in case there's a crash, don't worry about that, they just aren't set up so that you can see that they're there in-game. Registering items during the test period won't carry over to your items in GS4, so while I'd appreciate testing of the system, you don't need to go and register everything you own during Beta. Remember that registration is not proof of ownership.

I'll be around all day if you want to test this. Just REPORT and I'll watch to see if anything explodes.

- Ildran

This message was originally posted in The Next Generation of GemStone, World and Roleplay Improvements. To discuss the above follow the link below.

link (http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=30&category=101&topic=10&messag e=3147)

Adhara
09-28-2003, 05:41 PM
That's nice. I like it. I'd rather keep the current GS3 and forget all about that damned GS4 but oh well. If I must transition to GS4, I'll take all the (real, not disguised) positive changes.

Artha
09-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Remember, GSIV was originally going to be Growing Pains III, but they decided GPIII would change the game so much, they'd just make and market it as GSIV.

Nobody likes growing pains...just ask sorcerers.

Skirmisher
09-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Remember, GSIV was originally going to be Growing Pains III, but they decided GPIII would change the game so much, they'd just make and market it as GSIV.

Nobody likes growing pains...just ask sorcerers.

Gads. Do not get me started.:flamed:

Artha
09-28-2003, 06:20 PM
So...I shouldn't mention the destruction of 1 spell, and nerfing of another? It's alright, sorcerers can still get to the cap and hunt...it's just alot harder now.

Halfsilver
09-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Rangers feel for you.

They totally screwed spike. The mana cost is not worth what it can do.

-grays/d

Trinitis
09-29-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Rangers feel for you.

They totally screwed spike. The mana cost is not worth what it can do.

-grays/d

Oh yah, 1 spell that you all NEEDED to hunt with right? Pft, common now. Granted, having a spell nerfed hurts, but how many rangers hunt with nothing but spike? I mean..they are the secend best ambushers in the game (some even claim best.), like 1 spell loss kills your chances at hunting.

Us sorcerers? We get a 702 that is less then half as useful as before (albeit it was WAY too powerful in the past..), a 719 that works on maybe a quater of the game (and gives us like..4 mana back, WOO), and oh yah, our best all around hunting spell to stop us from getting clobbered by manuver attacks..leaves no treasure, no skins, and no body.

Yep, great times are rollin.

-Adredrin

AnticorRifling
09-29-2003, 08:01 AM
So you're bitching because they took away your uber spell, gave you a spell that hurts the critter AND you get mana back (my 516 just gives me juice the critter isn't hurt) and still left you with the biggest insta-kill spell in the game that you can use from guarded stance?

StrayRogue
09-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Sorcerer's don't have a mana giving spell.

As for rangers *needing* spike to hunt...they needed that change; any profession that can only single train in spells, yet still effectively use them in combat against like aged critters, is way, way unbalanced.

Trinitis
09-29-2003, 01:00 PM
I just find it ammusing that a class in GS gets 1 spell changed, and they all get upset, yet their class is built to focuss on there weapons with magical assist. Where as, Sorcerers get their spells dumped (albeit some NEEDED, I repeat, NEEDED, to be fixed..) and everyone says we whine.

Yep.

-Adredrin