PDA

View Full Version : People never cease to amaze me.

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
l

Wezas
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
1st one - meh, very weird.

2nd one - Don't reply. Who knows what she'll do if you tell her you're not going to defend her. You got her out of your life, keep her out.

Asha
07-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I thought you had to honour a sapeona.

Warriorbird
07-14-2005, 09:03 AM
You need to honor the subpoena if you've been properly served, pretty much, she could be a danger to others. Just minimize contact and be honest.

[Edited on 7-14-2005 by Warriorbird]

Nieninque
07-14-2005, 09:04 AM
2: Dont they do breath tests or blood tests in the US when you have been drinking and driving? In which case why would htey need you?
Or was it something else and I misunderstood it?

Asha
07-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Ok I read it wrong.

Yah forget the second btch. She sounds like a nutcase.

The place where I work now, everyone btches behind eachothers back. I come to work some days, and people don't talk to me.
I come to work another and they're all like my best friends.
It's only a matter of time until nice, between the line people like us snap and murder the fucking lot of them.

Don't fuck with the pale guy with glasses.

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Apparently the officer who arrested her did not put in the report that she had a 7-11 size mug of seven and seven and a cooler of beer in the front seat. Open container shows intent to continue the "mistake" of opps I didn't mean to drive drunk officer.

Nieninque
07-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Wow...funny legal system if you can plead that it was a mistake.
afaik, in the UK if you are drunk while driving, there is no excuse. Youre fucked.

Anyway, you also said she beat you up? What a fuckwit. Yeah Im going to beat someone up, then suck up to them in the hope that they will bail me out of something stupid (and illegal) I did.

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 09:18 AM
;

DeV
07-14-2005, 09:19 AM
The first one... umm, have you asked her where she left her heart and if she could go retrieve it so she doesn't seem like a cold-hearted biatch.

Skirmisher
07-14-2005, 09:20 AM
I hope court goes as smoothly as possible.

You have to go and tell the truth and she knows it, so try to ignore whatever mind games or attempts for pity she throws.

Asha
07-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Size means nothing.
Kick her as hard as you can to the inside of her knee and you've broken her leg.
Punch her as hard as you can in the face and you've broken her nose.
Punch her as hard as you can in the throat and you're going to prison.

Man, the only reason you were beaten up is becouse you weren't prepared to hurt the bitch. Becouse, I'm assuming, you're a good person.

theotherjohn
07-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I would tell the first one that her words bothered me.

Maybe you dont know all there is about her marriage. The could be together for all the wrong reasons and both understand they are.

The second one I would make sure to go to court and do everything I could to make sure she gets what she deserves

theotherjohn
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
Size means nothing.
Kick her as hard as you can to the inside of her knee and you've broken her leg.
Punch her as hard as you can in the face and you've broken her nose.
Punch her as hard as you can in the throat and you're going to prison.

Man, the only reason you were beaten up is becouse you weren't prepared to hurt the bitch. Becouse, I'm assuming, you're a good person.

have you ever been in a real fight?

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 09:25 AM
I wanted to say to my friend man how can you be so fucking cold, but I have a hard time with saying stuff like that.

theotherjohn
07-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
I wanted to say to my friend man how can you be so fucking cold, but I have a hard time with saying stuff like that.

just ask what the deal is

maybe she is still married for kids, his money, he is away alot and she can play. There are many reasons to remain married without love

Asha
07-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Hahaha ToJ.

You're such a dickhead if you think what I posted shows, IN ANY WAY, that I know anything about fighting.
I'm renowned for being broken so many times becouse of the area I live in and the random beatings that go on.

I was merely pointing out all the ways anyone knows to stop someone as fast as they can, but how she didn't becouse she's not like the fucks who do this. Or you.

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 09:28 AM
'

Skirmisher
07-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Take your tiff outside and try to stay on topic boys.

Leetahkin
07-14-2005, 09:32 AM
You could always tell her that you'd feel much better knowing she was there with her husband after the heart attack. Geesh, I would have dropped plans in a heartbeat to stay with my guy.

As for the second one, I agree. Keep minimal contact. If you're brave enough, tell her to stop calling you or trying to contact you. Then if she does again you should be able to get a restraining order.

I had to deal with being choked by a 300+ pound btch at work once while the coworkers (her family) watched. She dragged me over the chair arm and had a choke hold on me. Thing was, if I didn't make a police report (press charges is what I mean), she wouldn't have been fired. I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.

So I uderstand if you don't want to even ask her not to contact you again.

Edit is in ()

[Edited on 7-14-2005 by Nobody Cares]

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 09:40 AM
j

Leetahkin
07-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Holy shit and no one helped you? bastards. Yes i am being nice in an evasive manner as in sorry can't do dinner I have to do someones hair, can't the kids are sick etc. I hate that I can't tell her to piss off but I do live alone with my 4 and soon to be six year old. I also worry about my animals, she could do something to them while I am gone.

Her family looked on and laughed. Not something I like remembering. I quit after pressing charges, so the mgr had to find a lot of replacements. Servers the jerk right.

When you're at the courts, you could always talk to someone, ask what could be done about her contacting you. There may be laws in your state that allow an order of protection for lesser issues than another state.

Did you ever press charges against her for the attack? It would be in your favor if you had.

[Edited on 7-14-2005 by Nobody Cares]

Brattt8525
07-14-2005, 09:53 AM
;

DeV
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Sometimes being nice just doesn't need to happen any longer. It's unnecesary at this point.

Your ex will probably do anything in her power to try and manipulate you and your emotions until the court date. Don't you think it's about time she saw the bitch in you, if there is one, that is. :bouncing:

HarmNone
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
No matter what the relationship between the first woman and her husband, her behavior is unthinkable. The guy had a heart attack. I'm convinced he didn't do it just to inconvenience her. I think, if I were you, I'd be asking myself a question: Do I really want this person as a friend? For the record, I know what my answer would be.

The second situation is unfortunate for you. You shouldn't have to be involved; however, you will have to answer the subpoena unless an attorney can free you of the obligation. If you must appear, just answer any questions honestly and walk away. You don't have to have any further contact with the drunk in question.

Warriorbird
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Sometimes people supress their grief... wanting the person they are talking to to feel more important.

Asha
07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
That's a quality I've seen in so many people.
And while admirable, it's completely unhealthy.

Brattt8525
07-15-2005, 08:38 PM
l

OreoElf
07-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Well seems that the poor husband was having another heartattack last night. Apparently they moved him early this morning to a Buffalo hospital and that meant my friend really couldn't go anywhere because they are talking about possible by-pass surgery.

She is very upset with her husband <like the poor man planned this> If I were her I would be more worried that she was going to become a widow, or that the poor guy coould suffer long term paralysis from whats going on. At any rate I learned something about her I wish I didn't know. :no:

The other one won't stop calling, I have taken my phone off the hook and locked the doors. She won't take no for an answer, I just hope she does not do anything vendictive after the trial.

People just either don't have morals or something is missing upstairs.

Wow... maybe your friend is in shock and kinda outta it. That kinda happened to me when my dad died... I was 12 though... big dif in emotional depth... or so one would hope. I'd just straight up ask her... do you think he planned to nearly die on you?

On the ex- roomie why not kill two birds with one stone and tell them at court about her trying to contact you and all that stuff and get a DING DING restraining order... If she beat you up once... she'll probably do it again, at least with the behavior she's exibiting.

Amber
07-16-2005, 01:56 AM
I'd go easy on the first one. People do weird things when they're in shock, and I'd be in shock if I were in her place. I'm sure she's not really thinking he intentionally had a heart attack to inconvenience her, but I think she's angry with the situation (heart attack and the associated fear and dread) in general and needs a target. I don't think he's the best target for her anger, but again, people do weird things when they're in shock.

As for the second, avoid her like the plague!

Ravenstorm
07-16-2005, 02:11 AM
The other one won't stop calling, I have taken my phone off the hook and locked the doors. She won't take no for an answer, I just hope she does not do anything vendictive after the trial.

You should file a complain with the phone company. Leave a trail of complaints so if you need it, you have a history of things to point to.

Raven

Brattt8525
07-18-2005, 11:30 AM
;

Atlanteax
07-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Well I went to court today scared as heck, people in authority IE cops lawyers judges ect tend to make me want to crawl into the fetal position. I have never been in trouble in my life so yes I am just being silly.

Seems her lawyer asked for a continuance <sp> so I wasted my trip to the court house. The prosecutor talked to me, told me I would be getting another summons and sorry I wasted my time having to come in.

OH and they can't use the fact that she has a previous DWI, saying it would sway the jury. Ok so we don't want these people to know this isn't her first offense? WTF. That will only come into play if she gets convicted.

Blame the liberals who advocate a watered-down justice system where the defendant's past history, no matter how gruesome (or logically revelant) is to be considered in their "current" (alleged) crime.

When are we going to stop worrying about what's fair for the defendants, and start worrying about what's fair for the victims?

Warriorbird
07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm glad you've never claimed to be a legal scholar.

Atlanteax
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
I'm glad you've never claimed to be a legal scholar.

Nah, but I am disappointed by how much damage the ACLU has done to our legal system... in particular, the ability to convict and sentence known (as in there's no logical doubt) criminals.

Celephais
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Being the expert that I am on the justice system (You can watch Law and Order strait from 6pm till midnight every night on my cable network, and I do... Doink Doink). I have to agree with Atlanteax, the amount of evidence we throw away because it could 'influence' the jury is such crap, that's the whole point of evidence.

Although, it's real easy to take the side of the prosecutors when you're not the defendant.

Warriorbird
07-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah. Damn those civil liberties. Hilarious how little most people understand of the work the ACLU has done or what they're actually even responsible for.

Harp on them for reproductive rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, things like that. Most of the evidentiary issues aren't anything they've been involved with, at least from my limited understanding.

Sure, judicial activism has done a lot of the things that you suggest... and that is traditionally viewed at a liberal idea. Just because something is a liberal idea doesn't mean the ACLU did it, however.

[Edited on 7-18-2005 by Warriorbird]

Celephais
07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
It's okay, we have the patriot act working hard to undo everything they've done...

I'm such a hypocrit when it comes to this stuff, patriot act makes me sick, but so does giving civil liberties to criminals.

Anebriated
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
I wish the US had penalties more like Europe in regards to drunk driving. There is really no excuse. Designate a DD(take turns with friends) or take a cab. For those who cant take a night off of drinking to be DD then you should probably look into help anyway. If our penalty was more severe then maybe people would stop doing it. I almost lost a friend to a drunk driver who had an open container of vodka in his car. Put my friend in the hospital for awhile.

As for friend A its hard to say. She could have said it in jest being as your plans are so close. Its hard to tell with the internet. While it isnt something to joke about between good friends there is little that cant be said.

Atlanteax
07-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah. Damn those civil liberties. Hilarious how little most people understand of the work the ACLU has done.

I'm all for civil liberties.

However, I take exception when it is abused in a manner that subverts the established quid pro quo in a negative manner.

Such as police not being able to use evidence found in the car trunk (they "asked" that the trunk was opened) because they acted on a hunch after seeing open beer or drugs out in the open on the passenger seat. (damn those exploited technicalities)

... or a company being unable to fire a druggie that had lied on their applications (about other issues, not drugs) and the ACLU sticking it to such companies despite the economic damage it does (now it's a standard practice to be drug-tested and everything, annoying to both the company and the potential employees).

Warriorbird
07-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Blame other "liberals", though a few or your notions aren't "liberal". The ACLU is typically involved in religious cases and discrimination cases. Your grasp of such things and the ACLU's role is clearly limited.

If someone is violating the open container rules they can be hauled in and searched. If someone isn't and police just SUSPECT it, they can't.

At will employment means people can be fired for just about anything in most states.

Testing for drugs should be something you SUPPORT as a conservative. People are more than able to be fired for positive test results.

For someone who theoretically works in business you seem pretty confused.

Atlanteax
07-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Blame other liberals. The ACLU is typically involved in religious cases and discrimination cases. Your grasp of such things and the ACLU's role is clearly limited.

If someone is violating the open container rules they can be hauled in and searched. If someone isn't and police just SUSPECT it, they can't.

The ACLU was involved in a similiar situation to that I described in my 2nd example.

Meanwhile, I read the article that my memory was referring to roughly 2-3 years ago, so I have no link to provide for proof. However, it did register in my mind that it was the ACLU involved, so I am not mistaken about that.

Kainen
07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
If you are truely surprised by the behaviour of the first then hang in there.. maybe it's just worry for her husband that's making her act stupid. Time will tell if thats the truth. For the second just tell you arent allowed to talk about the case and suggest that she get in contact with you AFTER it's all over if she wants to go out for lunch or whatever.

Jadewolff
07-19-2005, 12:02 PM
She told you that YOU lost your only true best friend? Wow, I'd rather not have a best friend at all if someone like her is all you can get.

I can understand the hurt and disappointment she's caused. But I think there comes a time in life when you just have to know when a friendship is not worth it anymore and it's time to move on.

HarmNone
07-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Cut your losses, Brattt. This is not a friend. This is a user. There's a huge difference between the two.

Leetahkin
07-19-2005, 12:34 PM
My sentiments too. Pay the fees, cut your losses, and walk away.

Did you have a written contract about breeding to a stallion?
It really stinks when you do things for friends, and then down the road they step on you.

4a6c1
07-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Ugh. I dont do business with friends. But when theres no way around it, I like there to be a contract preserving our friendship. Sorry for your loss Bratt.

And in the spirit of you offering to 'get rid' my husband into your fishing pond....Want me to bondage her to a chair and force her to watch golden girls reruns? Over and over and over again? :D

4a6c1
07-19-2005, 12:52 PM
;)

Skeeter
07-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Give em an opening. and people will use every opportunity to stick it in your ass. She'll probably sue you now for breech of a verbal contract.

Leetahkin
07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I :heart: watching Judge Judy.
I don't believe verbal means squat anymore. Has to be in writing, signed by both parties, blah blah blah.

Skirmisher
07-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Bratt you and she know the truth about who lost what in the dissolution of that friendship.

Let her find someone else willing to do her favors over and over and then lend an ear and a supportive shoulder for her to make selfish and baseless complaints about her husband.

That shouldn't take any time at all I'm sure.

[Edited on 7-19-2005 by Skirmisher]

Atlanteax
07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Nobody Cares
I :heart: watching Judge Judy.
I don't believe verbal means squat anymore. Has to be in writing, signed by both parties, blah blah blah.

That is pretty much the case these days.

Whenever I have a friend in a legal situation, whether it's divorce or some other civil matter...

I always advise them to use a tape recorder if there is going to be any verbal agreements (such as discussions on child custody, which could always be denied w/o proof).