PDA

View Full Version : Struggles

HouseofElves
07-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Are there any items or alters that you still have a really hard time making? Not talking about getting urnon or corasine in an item but more just rare and unique kinds. I've noticed that on the Wavedancer I had a good chance of getting some of my more questionable alters created. I'm not sure if the GMs are adopting more types of cultural clothing (which would rule) or if I just caught them and really good times.

Just curious!

isebumples
07-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I had two items made on the wavedancer that I had been shot down with multiple times. I was more suprised that the one alter that I wanted the most, and had always been shot down anytime I tried, I found being sold off the shelf!!! I had been trying to get combat boots made since gemstone III, and was ALWAYS shot down. Here are the items I had made, that are completely no-nos, but I love them!

some viciously-spiked black leather combat boots (were some scaled leather combat boots, sold off the shelf)

a spike-ridden leather duster (scripted cloak, deepened twice)

SHOW: The leather itself appears archaic, cracking and splitting along the hems. Crude mithril spikes are attached to the shoulders and collar, winding in varying, erratic rows. Each spike protrudes in a different direction, enhancing the vicious look of the duster. The front of the long coat appears to be made of dual layers of leather, as do the back tails, protecting it from excessive wear.

-Bwomp's player

Jolena
07-13-2005, 02:05 PM
I had an item on the Dhu that I had to wait a while and get some 'go-ahead' on before they would do it because the base name is German, according to the GM making it. Eventually I got it made and I believe Im the only one in the game who has one. Not positive on that mind you, but I've never seen another. And I :heart: mine too.

You remove a pearlescent white silk dirndl from in a clothing wardrobe.
Exquisite elven silk has been hand tailored to make this elegant garment. The plunging sweetheart neckline of the close-cut bodice is adorned with a small silvery rosebud and delicate silvery whorls of tracery are embroidered in a spiraling design along the edges of the full ankle-length skirt. Small white rosebuds have been carefully stitched along a wide silvery satin ribbon that encircles the waist, tying in the back and cinching the waist, its ends fluttering in the slightest breeze.

petroglyph
07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I've had several merchants reject cashmere in the past on the basis that it was "a really rare material," but I now see it being sold off the shelf and had no problem using it on the WD.

It took me three merchants to find someone who would change my cotehardie into a sundress, oddly enough.

Jolena
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
For years you could NOT have shorts made in Gemstone either. They would make you some short pants or pantaloons but not 'shorts' and now they sell them on the WD. Not that I'm complaining mind you, I'm happy they sell them. But I feel bad for those who settled for something they didn't really want because they couldn't get shorts just a few months ago and now they find them off the shelf hehe.

Fission
07-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Anything with an actual image of Ivas (or any other Arkati, for that matter), as opposed to a symbol. Every once in a while I still get one slipped through, though.

Also anything that might need looking up, whether unusual materials, items, whatever. Took years before finding someone that would actually work brilliantine or chatoyant silk into an alter.

It seems they do get very lenient on occasion. Had one event where I got a number of questionable things pushed through, including an urnon holy symbol and an incandescent blade as well.

isebumples
07-13-2005, 03:25 PM
I still got shot down on the wavedancer about three or four times, trying to get my blackjack made into a sock full of marbles <mutters>

-Bwomp's player

HouseofElves
07-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Haha. That would be hilarious.