PDA

View Full Version : Shadowbane Free Trial

Apotheosis
07-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Just found out about this..

www.shadowbane.com

I know, it's outdated, but I was intrigued by some of the systems they had in place. I'm gonna give it a shot and report back on how I feel about it.

Being a mac user, I am limited in my on-line gaming choices :(

and I still dont wanna sink and buy WoW

Ardwen
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Shadowbane was a fun game, had some huge bug issues though

Ardwen

Kuyuk
07-11-2005, 07:56 PM
(the original) Malok and a lot of old school GS players are big into SB.

K.

Apotheosis
07-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Kuyuk
(the original) Malok and a lot of old school GS players are big into SB.

K.

Interesting, any idea on how I could contact any of them? I mean, there really are only 3 main servers for this game.

It's heavily centered around PVP too, so solo isn't really an option with SB, from what I assume.

Makkah
07-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Yea, Malok (the realla) told me he was super into it. Any of you still play it? Might be kinda fun to get into a cheap graphical.

Apotheosis
07-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Well, no harm in doing the 15 day trial, so I put it up on my system, gonna go to the mourning server, and roll up an Iereki rogue named Rinswynd.

If you're interested u2u me, and perhaps we can get something going..gonna be interesting. but if it sucks, I'll let everyone know too.

This is a hardcore PVP game too, so you know, that's always fun ;).

@ lvl 20 you leave newbie isle, go to the main game and it's best to join a guild.

Drinin
07-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I played it for about 9 months with a bunch of friends from another text game that I've played for about 5 years. It was fun for awhile. I probably would have quit after the first week if I had gone into the game without a solid bunch of friends in my guild. I still have some fond memories of my half-elf rogue/ranger/blademaster/nightmask transporting into an opposing guild's city and backstabbing random people. Once the people in my guild started getting bored with the game and quitting (we had pretty much had a major hand in everything that happened on the server), I quit too. We were a small guild (only about 40 unique members, alts not counted), but damn we were good.

Apotheosis
07-15-2005, 12:10 AM
this game's pretty cool.. definitely not for people who like going solo, although I suppose their's room for that.

In any case, got an assassin on the mourning server, which seems to have the designation as their unnoficial RP server.

Haven't run into annoying newbs yet, eiher.

Malok
07-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Yup, I am still playing Shadowbane along with a few other old Gemstoners. :)

Its been out a while - had a lot of bugs at first, but most bugs have been fixed.

Currently on Redemption server - and am nation leader of LoC.

My favorite aspect of the game is that there are real consequences for your actions (whereas in a lot of other games - there really aren't.)

Be a nice guy - and people will probably give you free handouts.

Be a douche bag - and expect to have a lot of problems.

In SB, if someone makes you mad - not only do you get to kill them, and take their loot; if you do it right - you can break all their gear, and then punish them even further by destroying their town that they've spent months building up - and taking it for your own.

Nothing better than for them to log in every day and see the town that they spent months building, belonging to you. :)

Makkah
07-24-2005, 11:55 AM
If only the graphics were good...

Apotheosis
07-24-2005, 12:16 PM
yeah, every time I try to get into an on-line game, life pulls the busy card on me :(

ElanthianSiren
07-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Wow sweet. I typically hate graphics games, but I look forward to the systems report :smug:

-M

Malok
07-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Makkah
If only the graphics were good...

They are a step up from Gemstone graphics. :P

[At least its not a cartoon like WoW with little/no consequence to death.]