PDA

View Full Version : Those whacky Anglicans

Ravenstorm
07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
First the US and Canadian branches decide to go easy on gays and think they can be bishops and get civil unions and and stuff.

Now the Church of England does something just as bad and decided women - yes, women! - can actually be bishops too. What's the world coming to?!

Of course, the Africans are all up in arms over this as well, thus putting Europe and North America practically back in each others' arms. At this rate, they won't have anyone to give them money.

Raven

HarmNone
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Heh. A woman Bishop. Who'da thunk it, eh? :lol:

It's about damn time! :D

ElanthianSiren
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Church of Christ I think it was just recently said that gays could be married under their sanctum in the US.

Church finally getting its head on straight IMO. Harder to persuade people to follow you without cajoling in a time when men and women have the same rights without giving them the same rights IMO.

-M

Apotheosis
07-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Churches have always been formed, reformed, split, and regurgitated due to difference of opinion. it'll sort itself out and everyone will eventually have 'their' community and system of control to cling on to.

Artha
07-11-2005, 06:03 PM
I hope the other side gets some more rooks to compensate.

DeV
07-11-2005, 06:07 PM
The stained glass ceiling has been pierced again.

Skirmisher
07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Eh....there are Roman catholic priests in africa with wives and children, some with many wives and children.

Rules ....have always been able to change or be bent QUITE a ways due to necessity.

This is just another small step in a long line of them that will drag christianity kicking and screaming into the modern age.

ElanthianSiren
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
My great grandfather was an Episcopalian Catholic Priest, married, and had four kids. His class was one of the last classes allowed to do that.

I just like seeing churches forced to bend to the times. It reminds everyday people that they have a voice, and that is to choose to abstain or support an activity based on its principles.

-M

edited cuz I worded something confusing.

[Edited on Tue, July th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Artha
07-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Or don't have a voice, in the case of the UCC.

Hulkein
07-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Episcopalian Catholic?

Didn't know they existed.