PDA

View Full Version : Since I can not u2u 2 at the same time I will post here

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:03 AM
The following post has been reported by a user, please inspect it: http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=16019#pid397635

Reason: off topic personal attack derailing my thread

remove it

The next time you make a demand of me in report or have anything short of a neutral tone, I will simply put you on my ignore list. Perhaps then you will have something valid to complain about.

I just wanted to provide you HN with this so you see how Tsa'ah is and why he reports my posts as TOS violations which require points assignment instead of off topic which do not require anything but being removed.

If you dont want people using report to tell you what they think you as the Mod should do with a post they find problems with, then why are you a Mod

Nieninque
07-10-2005, 07:10 AM
You are losing it.
Your report was baseless.
Your tone was demanding.
Tsa'ah IS abrupt in the way he tells it. That's not news. If you take note of what he is saying, he is basically pointing out that if you act like an arsehole when you ask someone to do something for you, you are likely to be disappointed.
Common sense really.

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Since you've decided to post this here, as opposed to U2Uing me, ToJ, I'll answer you here.

Perhaps, if you use a civil tone when speaking to others you'll find that they will answer you with the same civil tone. I get U2Us all the time asking that I take a look at a post, for any number of reasons. Note: I said asking. Remove it (or remove it, as you put it) is not a request that the mod take a look at something. It's a demand that the mod do as you wish. People, in general, do not react well to demands, nor are mods required to do as you wish. They are required to review the reported post in light of the complaint that has been made.

The particular post you refer to was edited. Why you are still fixated on it, I don't know. However, the proper steps were taken. Whether they meet with you liking is not at issue.

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
You are losing it.
Your report was baseless.
Your tone was demanding.
Tsa'ah IS abrupt in the way he tells it. That's not news. If you take note of what he is saying, he is basically pointing out that if you act like an arsehole when you ask someone to do something for you, you are likely to be disappointed.
Common sense really.

so I am an arsehole and he is abrupt?

Other than the way you feel about the person whether you like them or not

What is the difference again?

Brattt8525
07-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Things can always be said in one of two ways. One gets you the end result you want and the other gets you jack. Thats the difference.

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
They are required to review the reported post in light of the complaint that has been made.

then HN will you please make the above clear to Tsa'ah that he can not ignore me

thank you

hopefully that was not to abrupt or demanding

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Actually, ToJ, while it is not practice for moderators to put posters on U2U ignore, they CAN do so. If a poster reports a post, that report comes to me, as well as going to the topic moderator. Therefore, the complaint will be investigated, if not by the topic moderator, then by me. I will have no poster on U2U ignore.

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Actually, ToJ, while it is not practice for moderators to put posters on U2U ignore, they CAN do so. If a poster reports a post, that report comes to me, as well as going to the topic moderator. Therefore, the complaint will be investigated, if not by the topic moderator, then by me. I will have no poster on U2U ignore.

funny how your rules just change instantly and then you wonder why I dont follow them

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Excuse me? What rule has changed?

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:33 AM

one post you say it is required for mods to review reported posts

very next post you say mods can ignore posters

which one is it?

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 07:41 AM
As it stands, I don't believe any moderator has ever blocked U2Us from any poster, so the point is moot. If a moderator were to decide to block U2Us from a poster, the moderator would be required to let me know they have done so.

The moderators are required to review reported posts if they receive the report, ToJ. If they don't receive it, I review it. If they've blocked your U2U, they won't receive it; therefore, I will review it.

These moderators volunteer their time. It would be presumptuous to expect them to accept U2Us from someone with whom they have no wish to deal. If a given moderator chooses not to deal with a given poster, that job will fall to me, or to Kranar.

Miss X
07-10-2005, 07:49 AM
I've blocked one poster, for a period of 2 days. I did this after checking it was ok with Kranar as said poster was constantly spamming me with U2U's asking me to remove a post that I had no intention of removing.

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:53 AM
These moderators volunteer their time. It would be presumptuous to expect them to accept U2Us from someone with whom they have no wish to deal.

Presumptuous to expect them to do the job they volunteered to do?

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 07:54 AM
I wasn't aware of that one, Miss X. However, as you said, you did check with Kranar before blocking the poster. That's completely acceptable. There is no need for any moderator, or supermoderator, to put up with that kind of thing.

The point is, all reported posts will be reviewed, either by the moderator of the topic, by me, or by Kranar. Heck, a good deal of the time, they're reviewed by all of us.

GSTamral
07-10-2005, 07:56 AM
You keep forgetting rule number 11 on these boards.

11) Harmnone can change policy at will under the guise of "because moderators are volunteering their time and not being paid to do this, anything and everything they do is ok." Furthermore, all interpretation of policy is at the discretion of Harmnone, because nothing any mod does is bad.

11b) If Tsa'ah hijacks your thread and turns it into a pissing match, it's ok, but if you do the same, you get points and posts removed, because he is a mod with a lot of time during the day to post instead of work.

When you don't pay for the labor, what you end up with is absolute unprofessionalism and popularity contest legislation. Since we don't pay for the service, you just have to learn to deal with it.

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

These moderators volunteer their time. It would be presumptuous to expect them to accept U2Us from someone with whom they have no wish to deal.

Presumptuous to expect them to do the job they volunteered to do?

They didn't volunteer to put up with nonsense, ToJ. They didn't volunteer to be harassed. They volunteered to moderate the boards. We're glad they did, and we'll do whatever we need to do to make their jobs as easy as we can. I know Kranar feels just as strongly as I do about that.

There's really no more to be said on this subject. Your reported posts will be reviewed.

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by GSTamral

11) Harmnone can change policy at will under the guise of "because moderators are volunteering their time and not being paid to do this, anything and everything they do is ok." Furthermore, all interpretation of policy is at the discretion of Harmnone, because nothing any mod does is bad.

11b) If Tsa'ah hijacks your thread and turns it into a pissing match, it's ok, but if you do the same, you get points and posts removed, because he is a mod with a lot of time during the day to post instead of work.

When you don't pay for the labor, what you end up with is absolute unprofessionalism and popularity contest legislation. Since we don't pay for the service, you just have to learn to deal with it.

I agree completely.

Nieninque
07-10-2005, 08:01 AM
So fuck off then and stop cluttering the boards with your petty BS

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 08:02 AM

you really should ask yourself, if my posts are petty BS, why do you read them and respond?

You are not required to open any of my threads

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 08:04 AM

In essence, this is true to an extent. I can change policy if I feel a change is warranted. However, no rules have been changed. As to the rest of it, I'll not comment. I don't feel it's worth the time.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by HarmNone]

Nieninque
07-10-2005, 08:05 AM

you really should ask yourself, if my posts are petty BS, why do you read them and respond?

You are not required to open any of my threads

Boredom mainly...and the notion that after reading each or your posts I think to myself "well while that is fucking ridiculous, at least he cant get any more stupid"

I'm sad to say you prove me wrong on that point each time.

Jazuela
07-10-2005, 08:16 AM
It's kinda like driving by a car crash. You know it's gonna be ugly, but you just have to look anyway. Or when you get a bruise, and you just -have- to press on it to see if it'll hurt. Of COURSE it's gonna hurt. It's a bruise, it's what bruises do. Morbid curiosity drives you to do it anyway.

SayGoodbye
07-10-2005, 08:17 AM
The thing that's most annoying about you, ToJ, is that you act like a total prick. You post and demand shit like the mods OWE you something when in reality (as you pointed out) they're volunteers.

They don't owe you anything, you were never gauranteed a damn thing and you being demanding and arrogant is probably the reason why they are unwilling to cooperate with you.

Like people have been saying: If you want a message board where you have a clear cut set of rules that will cater to jerks, go post on the officials.

Xcalibur
07-10-2005, 08:24 AM
man.......Even if it's completely wrong of them to do so, remember that they ARE the ones that are losing their time by CHECKING all of us...

It's like the Apotheos of losing time, we use a part of us to chat and tell our opinions, they do the same PLUS monitering us and act as pseudo-police-officers.

I think it's the most pathetic thing on internet, over love on internet.

Most of em take this "job" seriously, that's the worse part of it, as if ANYONE care... As if any of you would talk about it outside of this forum as something really true.

What I found to be successful is to NOT enter their games, leave em alone, treat em as they treat yourself... Don't report, don't respond to their u2us, don't react because of their power-tripping-on-internet-attitude... et cetera.

P.S. IF YOU DON'T SAY THAT YOU ARE WRONG I WILL EDIT YOUR POST.

Artha
07-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Cry more newb.

Tsa`ah
07-10-2005, 10:39 AM

Didn't you learn your lesson the last time you started chucking rocks and got hit with a big fucking boulder?
Per the ACTUAL topic:

I don't respond to demands, I don't respond to moronic interpretations of the ToS and the reports that ensue.

As Harm said, the posts had already been taken care of. I just logged on last night to find 5 reports in my U2U box, four of them from you ... and all of them demanding or condescending.

I simply gave you a blunt warning, nothing more, nothing less. I have two posters (who haven't posted in a while) on my ignore list as of right now. They are on ignore simply due to how they have responded to notices of editing and deletions. You would be the first to be ignored because he's so demanding of a volunteer who honestly thinks you have some sort of learning disorder.

It’s all cause and effect toj. If you wish to demand while at the same time become a disruption, you’re reports will eventually fall on def ears no matter how valid they are.

Gan
07-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Its all George Bush's fault. He's secretly subverting the mods on the PC forum to start limiting free speech and impose dictatorial facist control of the posters here. You have no choice, resistance is futile.

In fact, the whole republican collective is laughing at us now. And all this whining has gotten my blood pressure up so I'm going to step out back and hug my crape mirtle tree to get back under control.

Meanwhile I'm going to see if anyone will start up a side bet of how many 'staff issues' topics that TOJ will start up this week.

longshot
07-10-2005, 12:26 PM

then HN will you please make the above clear to Tsa'ah that he can not ignore me

thank you

hopefully that was not to abrupt or demanding

How old are you?

Amber
07-10-2005, 01:03 PM
About a year ago, I was involved in an incident at Burlington Coat Factory which induced me to write a letter to their corporate office bemoaning their lack of customer service skills. Despite periodic follow up letters on my part, I've yet to hear back from them. Today, I was thinking about that, and how poor customer service has come to be. Once upon a time, a letter from an upset customer would have prompted a prompt apology and business would carry on as usual. Now, lacking an apology, or at least an explanation, I boycott their store.

When customer service from a company that actually depends on their customers support and continued sales is so poor, it seems unreasonable to expect customer service from volunteers offering a free service to exist at all. Yet it does, and you have to admit you've gotten very quick responses to all your concerns. They may not be the responses you'd hoped for, but everyone seems to be trying to calmly and rationally address your issues.

If you're that unhappy with the service you're receiving, there's always the option of boycotting this board and finding another that you may like better.

George Washington
07-10-2005, 01:27 PM

The following post has been reported by a user, please inspect it: http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=16019#pid397635

Reason: off topic personal attack derailing my thread

remove it

The next time you make a demand of me in report or have anything short of a neutral tone, I will simply put you on my ignore list. Perhaps then you will have something valid to complain about.

I just wanted to provide you HN with this so you see how Tsa'ah is and why he reports my posts as TOS violations which require points assignment instead of off topic which do not require anything but being removed.

If you dont want people using report to tell you what they think you as the Mod should do with a post they find problems with, then why are you a Mod

Good afternoon my fellow American Citizen,

If you are open to suggestions my good man, might I recommend you take a gander at the following literary piece in your spare time? I do believe it will aid you in your future interactions with others that also consider this great planet Earth as their home.

If you would:

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671723650.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thank you good sir, and I do hope you have a most splendid and enjoyable day.

-G

DeV
07-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SayGoodbye
The thing that's most annoying about you, ToJ, is that you act like a total prick. You post and demand shit like the mods OWE you something when in reality (as you pointed out) they're volunteers.

They don't owe you anything, you were never gauranteed a damn thing and you being demanding and arrogant is probably the reason why they are unwilling to cooperate with you.

Like people have been saying: If you want a message board where you have a clear cut set of rules that will cater to jerks, go post on the officials. In a nutshell.

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Didn't you learn your lesson the last time you started chucking rocks and got hit with a big fucking boulder?

By the way ... how is the cat killing business and hacker catching business?

Per the ACTUAL topic:

so it is ok to go way off topic and do personal attacks in conjuction with posting a lame attempt at being on topic

theotherjohn
07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

I don't respond to demands,

Demands??

what demands??

I was just being ABRUPT and BLUNT.

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Let's keep this on topic, folks. I won't address the "personal attacks" at this point, since puckey has been thrown on both sides, but let's try to speak to the issue.

It's always a good idea to remember that if you sling shit, you're liable to get hit by some of it. If you're going to insult, you will probably get insulted. That's a no-brainer.

longshot
07-10-2005, 03:32 PM

Demands??

what demands??

I was just being ABRUPT and BLUNT.

You enjoy being a cockface. You've said this yourself.

Don't expect people to respond kindly to it.

I don't get why this concept is so difficult to understand.

longshot
07-10-2005, 04:01 PM
If TOJ likes to be angry, and relishes being a dick, that's fine...

But then don't act surprised and whine like a bitch when others respond unfavorably.

My posts are edited frequently... you won't see me claim "conspiracy".

longshot
07-10-2005, 04:13 PM
I have no problem with TOJ starting shit with people. None. Zero.

As stated in another thread, I don't know why he enjoys being angry so much... I really don't. But, nonetheless, he does. He has said this. I did not make this up. This came from him. Find the thread if you wish.

But, here's what is not cool. Don't bitch when it doesn't work out for you. He's pissed off a lot of people by being a persistant cockball, and lacking the foresight of when to let up. And now, there's been an ungodly amount of whining on his part.

Again, it's the way it is. If you see something wrong with my reasoning, then please, point it out.

Divinity
07-10-2005, 04:25 PM

one post you say it is required for mods to review reported posts

very next post you say mods can ignore posters

which one is it?

Reviewing and actually doing something about it are entirely different things.

HarmNone
07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
What I'm going to do is remove all off-topic posts in this thread. I asked. It didn't happen. Posts asplode.