PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk genre games

Apotheosis
07-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Even more then I love those d&d based RPG's, or other tolkein-inspired settings, I love cyberpunk themed games.

Never did the pen & paper Shadowrun or GURPS, BUT I did read most of the shadowrun series novels, they never really had alot of 'em published, though.

Any good ones out there? It just seems like an under-supported genre, and I wonder why.

I just got done re-playing Deus Ex 1 (that game kicked ass, it's a shame there aren't more out there like it).

I've also played shadowrun for the SNES and Sega Genesis (emulators, of course).

Fallen
07-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Shadowrun is the only game I could describe as Cyberpunk that I have played. Perhaps run a search on the web, and see what you can come up with?

Apotheosis
07-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
Shadowrun is the only game I could describe as Cyberpunk that I have played. Perhaps run a search on the web, and see what you can come up with?

unfortunately the cyberpunk-rpg genre is sadly under-represented :(

Check Deus Ex, it's a bit dated, but god-damn it was one helluva game.

I mean seriously, I see a cyberpunk future as more realistic then a FRPG or aliens and time travel future

Warriorbird
07-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Anarchy Online has cyberware and decking involved.

Fission
07-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Neuromancer, if you can somehow unearth a copy of it. All decking, if that's your thing.

Xcalibur
07-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Arcana is what you could call steampunk, one of the best genre in my opinion..

1800's with improvements because, when you think of it, some inventions were invented really late.

:)

Neildo
07-24-2005, 11:13 PM
An old Dennis Hopper game: Hell, a Cyberpunk Thriller. Heh.

- N