PDA

View Full Version : 1040 or 1050 idea

Makkah
07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Cross-posted from the official boards:

<<Okay, since I've been bashing sonic disk so much, I figure I'll throw an idea out myself.

Bards are considered the masters of voice and sound. Such a master is able to use one's voice against them.

1040(50) Echo

The casting bard places a sonic force around themselves that is able to capture and deflect the voice or words of a caster. This effect causes the caster to target something other than the bard, and with a high enough success, target themselves. No idea what lores could effect this, although I suspect air lore and perhaps manipulation. Echo could be for use against one cast almost guaranteed or it could last for like 5-10 minutes and offer a CHANCE to reflect spells opposed to a 100% guarantee. Now I guess this is somewhat similar to Cloak of Shadows or the new Paladin retribution spell, but it is completely unique in that it uses a spell outside of the bard's sphere.

rht >>

The first little blerb is referring to how some people have been favoring making 1040 a copy of the Ithzir heralds' "sonic disc" spell\maneuver.

Lemme know what you all think.

[Edited on 7-11-2005 by Makkah]

Pallon
07-11-2005, 01:14 AM
I liked the idea for the spell that converts gems into temporary skill/stat bonuses.

Makkah
07-11-2005, 01:38 AM
<<I liked the idea for the spell that converts gems into temporary skill/stat bonuses.>>

I was a fan of this one as well.

hectomaner
07-11-2005, 02:10 AM
actually, thats a damn good idea. few ideas

1. maybe work like stone skin, you can get different levels of barriers, which can be destroyed by enough spells casting at it or something
2. air lore increases durability, and therefor duration
3. telepathy increases success rate of sending the spell back out
4. manipulation increases your ability with it, like the closer to x ranks, the closer your power will match the casters, like bolt AS or CS of the original caster

could make for an interesting invasion with hags if you have a mage toss cone at a mage in a room with a bunch of souped up bards running echo