PDA

View Full Version : Bored at work? I think so

Anebriated
07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
ISTANBUL, Turkey - First one sheep jumped to its death. Then stunned Turkish shepherds, who had left the herd to graze while they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 others followed, each leaping off the same cliff, Turkish media reported.

In the end, 450 dead animals lay on top of one another in a billowy white pile, the Aksam newspaper said. Those who jumped later were saved as the pile got higher and the fall more cushioned, Aksam reported.

"There's nothing we can do. They're all wasted," Nevzat Bayhan, a member of one of 26 families whose sheep were grazing together in the herd, was quoted as saying by Aksam.

The estimated loss to families in the town of Gevas, located in Van province in eastern Turkey, tops $100,000, a significant amount of money in a country where average
GDP per head is around $2,700.

"Every family had an average of 20 sheep," Aksam quoted another villager, Abdullah Hazar as saying. "But now only a few families have sheep left. It's going to be hard for us."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/turkey_sheep_suicide;_ylt=Au17r1zPAg0n.gfXcvRV.LKs 0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

[Edited on 7-8-2005 by Elrodin]

Forged
07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
That sucks for those families! A lot of them lost their livelihood. Other than that...

Stupid fucking lemming sheep!

:baa:

Toxicvixen
07-08-2005, 04:14 PM
wow. That was a mass sheep suicide. People have to got stop those crazy sheep religious cults! :lol:

Skirmisher
07-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Those lonely sheepherders....

CrystalTears
07-08-2005, 04:38 PM
It's really awful, and I feel bad for these families that are losing their money.

With that said...

I was sitting here giggling at the visual of all these sheep, leaping off and landing on a heap of fluffy sheep with that lemming look.

Anebriated
07-08-2005, 05:54 PM
I think it would be fun for the last sheep to jump off, land in a nice pillow of your herdmates.

HarmNone
07-08-2005, 07:16 PM
I believe I can flyyyyyyyyyy
I believe I can touch the skyyyyyyyyyy

Whoops!

I believe I can diiiiiiiie
Fluffy sheep are not made to flyyyyyyyyyy

Jorddyn
07-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
I believe I can flyyyyyyyyyy
I believe I can touch the skyyyyyyyyyy

Whoops!

I believe I can diiiiiiiie
Fluffy sheep are not made to flyyyyyyyyyy

I'll have two of whatever you're having :D

Jorddyn

HarmNone
07-08-2005, 07:42 PM
(HarmNone smiles as she hands Jorddyn a Bailey's. They find themselves glancing at the dock through the sunroom doors. "We'd have to move the boat, but it would work!.......I believe I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy")

Slider
07-09-2005, 11:18 AM
dangit HN...that was funny as hell....just sprayed a perfectly good cup of coffee all over my moniter though. And YOU try to explain it to the Nuns...I'm not gonna!