PDA

View Full Version : Getting a 60+ level character without hunting, raising, healing, or picking?

Revalos
09-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Is this possible? Here's the post from the official boards made by someone with no common sense. I mean...if it is a bug, he probably just got himself banned.

Okay...no matter what the GMs come up with there is a way to abuse it, no system will be perfect.

I can take a character from lvl 0 to lvl 20+ (60+ if I had a premie account) without ever having the character swing a weapon, raise, heal, or pick locks. It's really easy actually, probably even related to a game bug, maybe not.

Name witheld to protect the stupid

What, is he throwing trash away?

StrayRogue
09-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Most likely yeah.

JustMe
09-26-2003, 08:14 PM
That is a lot of trash.

Artha
09-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah, that really is alot of trash.

Rysk
09-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Well.. its an awful lot of something.. if you script it, and aren't at the computer.. it could be done, but easily found out..

Artha
09-26-2003, 08:22 PM
I think it'd be hard to make a script to walk around town and pick up boxes and then go dump them and then return to your normal rounds.

And it'd still probably take months and months of the same thing, too.

theotherjohn
09-26-2003, 08:38 PM
just a fyi. the rules regarding trash was changed due to me. before you got exp for every item. Just one of the changes is that it takes two items now

Parkbandit
09-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Used to be you could get 1 exp point to throw away a piece of trash.

I noticed that since fletching came out, that isn't the case.

I don't think it's throwing trash away... but maybe there's a clue in that he claims he can gain 3x as many levels with a premium account.

So.. what does a premium account give you that a basic account doesn't.. relating to experience?

theotherjohn
09-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

I don't think it's throwing trash away... but maybe there's a clue in that he claims he can gain 3x as many levels with a premium account.

So.. what does a premium account give you that a basic account doesn't.. relating to experience?

Nothing I am aware of. and I pay very well to learn bugs.

I havent been aware of a really good bug since ole Morandus got caught

Artha
09-26-2003, 08:49 PM
This is a current list of what Four Winds Hall members receive. This list is subject to change as we work to enhance benefits!

- Extra Locker Space! As a premium member your locker space is increased by 30 items on every character! Since you get 10 extra character slots with a Premium subscription, that is a total of 330 extra items you can store.

- Lockers In Every Town! - You can now enjoy more lockers! All premium members will have access to a locker in every town. You will also notice your locker is now organized for you!.

- A home of your own! Four Winds Hall members who maintain their subscriptions for 90 consecutive days can purchase a fully-customizable home of their own in the game.

- Extra character slots! Each premium subscription comes with 10 free extra character slots. This service alone would cost $20 monthly if the slots were purchased separately.

- A second type-ahead line! Tired of seeing "You may only type ahead one line" messages? You get an extra type-ahead as a Premium subscriber!

- Four Winds Halls! Enjoy roleplaying opportunities as well as a unique mixture of tangible services offered by each Hall.

- Previews of new systems, areas, and spells! We regularly add new features to the game, and where feasible, allow our Premium customers to see them first.

- Quicker responses from staff! We handle Premium assists and Feedback letters before all others.

- Every couple of months, "Fun Nights"! This is not just your normal town forum. These meetings provide a place for you to express your ideas and opinions about your subscription. You will learn what projects are being worked on for premium members.

- Contests! We hold monthly member-only contests with the winners receiving prizes of alterations.

- GM-assisted wedding services! Premium members get a discount on GM-assisted weddings. See the Weddings area of our Website for more details. Marry your loved one in style!

- Discounts! Premium members enjoy a 10% Discount on all Simutronics merchandise, quests and convention fees.

- Pets! If you are a homeowner, you can now add a bit of fun to your home with a pet of your own.

- Merchants! We have special Four Wind Hall merchants that arrive only to service premium members.

- Special Premium Goodies! As a premium member, from time to time, you will receive premium only gifts such as the premium flowers, bankbooks, lockerbooks and more!

- Premium Wagon! Three times a year a large wagon filled with items stops in every town and sells its wares to only premium players.

- Raffles! Once a week all premium members are welcome to partake in Balouga's premium only raffle.

- Frostacres! Premium members now have a town of their own!

- Premium Plus! If you have been a consecutive premium member for a year, two years, three years, you will be eligible to chose from a number of gifts, one being a free alteration for every year you have remained consecutive.

Bobmuhthol
09-26-2003, 08:54 PM
He would have to get 500,000 experience. When you factor in that the first doesn't get you experience and you aren't going to have 1000 items on you at a time to get fried, that's about 600,000 items you need to throw away. Finding that trash isn't going to be easy. And buying it isn't going to be cheap.

It is impossible to do in under six months of 24/7 work. I guarantee it.

Artha
09-26-2003, 08:56 PM
I don't know...if you ran around kobolds and picked up javelins and stuff, then went to nymphs and grabbed robes and daggers, then went to the east tower and asked for boxes instead of tossing them in the waste basket...you might be able to get it. It would be boring as fuck, though.

edit: For the first 7 levels, you could make iron. That's also some decent money, if you don't waste it.

[Edited on 9-27-2003 by Artha]

theotherjohn
09-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Be kind I did have many adult beverages at Salsa's tonight so....

Do bards still get exp for singing in front of more than two people?

I am pretty sure you can still get learning from foraging.

Did they change the learning associated with imbedding?

Vesi
09-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Revalos
Is this possible? Here's the post from the official boards made by someone with no common sense. I mean...if it is a bug, he probably just got himself banned.

Okay...no matter what the GMs come up with there is a way to abuse it, no system will be perfect.

I can take a character from lvl 0 to lvl 20+ (60+ if I had a premie account) without ever having the character swing a weapon, raise, heal, or pick locks. It's really easy actually, probably even related to a game bug, maybe not.

Name witheld to protect the stupid

What, is he throwing trash away?

He says he thinks it could be abuse. More than likely it is. Don't know. I know loresinging gives a little experience. (very little unless something changed) I thought of the guild, but how would they get to 15? The 60+ if they have a premium account... not sure. They can't really abuse things like spellups if you're on the same account.

Trash seems logical. (what level are you refused being able to deliver messages?) I know I had 52 exp. points left once when I was going to train and I did throw away trash. (I was belled) Felt like I cleaned up the town several times, but better than traveling back to my hunting area.

Which folder is this in or will you keep us updated? (I read the official boards also) I'm curious too.

Vesi

Artha
09-26-2003, 09:04 PM
what level are you refused being able to deliver messages?

5. Iron making is more lucrative, and you learn more, however.

Bobmuhthol
09-26-2003, 09:04 PM
You get experience for iron if you're level 5 or younger.

You get cut off from delivering messages about 1000 experience before level 5.

[Edited on 9-27-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

Meos
09-26-2003, 09:23 PM
bob that new avatar of yours sucks every time I scroll past it bogs my PC down.

HarmNone
09-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Most likely, it is trash disposal, I would think. The poster does not put a time frame for gaining these levels, and the extra type-ahead line granted to players holding premium subscriptions would aid in scripted trash collection.

HarmNone

CrystalTears
09-26-2003, 10:42 PM

Just out of curiosity...

Why would you want to?!

Trinitis
09-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Actually, I know exactly how they do it. I was the one to first discover the bug, and I reported it years ago. The GM's, have not done a darn thing about it in years. Its a very simple bug. And to add on another hint, if you did it in plat, you could hit well over level 100.

-Adredrin

Some Rogue
09-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Then something to do with multiple character slots

Trinitis
09-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Very correct :)

-Adredrin

Some Rogue
09-26-2003, 10:55 PM
I know how to make coin that way but not experience.

[Edited on 9-27-2003 by Some Rogue]

Some Rogue
09-26-2003, 10:58 PM
Of course, hunting and skinning rats would be almost as easy.

Drew2
09-26-2003, 11:03 PM
All your secrets are belong to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Adhara
09-26-2003, 11:04 PM
You got it wrong it should be:

All your secret are belong to me. (no "s" to secret!)

Artha
09-27-2003, 08:57 AM
:( I wantx0r to knowx0r.

Revalos
09-27-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm stumped.

The loresinging thing in front of people I didn't know about...but good god, wouldn't it be obvious if you logged in fifteen people to stand around when you loresang?

The other, blatantly obvious answer, is being a spellcaster (notice the original poster only mentioned swinging a blade, not actually hunting, as I noticed later). Is this just a "get a big group together and hunt something obscenely old and let the little script spellcaster cast one spell against the creature" thing?

Vesi
09-27-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm stumped.

The loresinging thing in front of people I didn't know about...but good god, wouldn't it be obvious if you logged in fifteen people to stand around when you loresang?

You would need fifteen accounts for that and what some here seem to be implying is that you only need multiple slots.

The other, blatantly obvious answer, is being a spellcaster (notice the original poster only mentioned swinging a blade, not actually hunting, as I noticed later). Is this just a "get a big group together and hunt something obscenely old and let the little script spellcaster cast one spell against the creature" thing?

Again, that might work, but how would multiple slots help you? I have to admit my curiousity is up. Could you direct us to the thread or U2U with the information. I won't repeat names. It's like CT said... why would you want to? I admit it! My curiousity is getting me!

Vesi

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 06:48 PM
::chuckle:: I do know how to do it, its a low level experience gain that you can "work around" to have it extend for a very long time. You just need to know how to work the system. Honestly, I don't really want to tell how, because I don't want 50 people (not saying anyone here will, but you CAN read these boards without being memebrs) going out and doing it. I have used the bug in the past, though all times I did use it, I never got past level 10 or so before I started hunting insted..The game gets rather boring when your not hunting at all.

-Adredrin

CrystalTears
09-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Okay. Someone needs to U2U me with the answer, either the actual answer or the link to it, cause the curiousity is killing me.

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Yes yes, I need to know as well! Please U2U me if you don't want it on the air, so to speak.

Artha
09-27-2003, 06:55 PM
I want the U2U as well.

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 06:56 PM
U2U'ing everyone in the thread defeats the purpose, no? :P

-Adredrin

HarmNone
09-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Hell, even I am curious, and I don't even play anymore! :D

HarmNone is the curious type

CrystalTears
09-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Thus why people shouldn't say "I know something you don't know" and then not share. Don't wanna share? Then shaddap. :P

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Tell me. Or die :D

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:00 PM
LOL Oh, yah, scared now!

Shaking in space boots. :P

-Adredrin

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
I'll be done running a quick test in about 2 min, then, depending on the results, I'll let you all in on the secret ;)

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
I'll share a good bug with you that can save you alot of silver if you want *rustle of money sound*

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Eh, I've gotten out of the habbit of trying to cheat the system anymore..I've found its much more fun to actually just play the game :)

-Adredrin

HarmNone
09-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Eh, I've gotten out of the habbit of trying to cheat the system anymore..I've found its much more fun to actually just play the game :)

-Adredrin

Well said. I never could figure out why so many people wanted to take "short cuts". The joy of the game is in the playing. At least, it always was for me. :)

HarmNone likes the adventure of it all

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Yes, yes. Now tell us!

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Ok, My testing has prooven that the loophole/bug no longer works in Prime, so I'll explain how it worked.

As most know, you can level a new char from level 1 to level 6 off Iron in the kobold mines. The process is fairly simple. You ask the blacksmith in Landing for a job. He hands you a map. You go to the mines, smith the iron, return to town. Give him the iron, and he takes the map. Upon doing this, he would give you a large portion of exp and up to 250 silver.

Now, the way the GM's programed the smith to cap the exp you could gain from this feature was, once you turned level six, he would no longer give you the maps, saying that your too experienced to bother yourself with such low work. One day, I was goofing around with a Sorceress I had made to level 6 off of iron. I noticed she still had a map and slab of iron in her locker. Now, I've known for a while if your over level six, and you give the smith some iron, he mutters "thanks" and no exp. So I figured I'd clean the items out of my locker by giving it to the smith. Little did I know that when I had the map and iron in my hand, and over level 6 (I was level 12 I think..) he gave me a nearly full mind and said what he used to say when I was younger. Thus, I figured out that the maps still work, if your over the age.

Making so many levels is based on how much RL cash your willing to spend. After I stumbled across this, I did some HARD CORE testing of the iron system. I learned that each slab of iron grants a random ammount of exp, anywhere from 350-450 or so exp. I say random, but I really do think they grant a % of your mind to you. As you get older, they give you more exp. If you turn in more then 1 slab at a time..you get a full mind, normally. Now, I broke it down to something like this.

Plat Account :

A Giantman Warrior with max Str and high con can hold about 450 maps. (two heavy backpacks filled =400, plus 50 in the locker)

31 Storage Giants on a plat account (If I remember right, you can have 32 chars on Plat..) = 13,950 maps.

13,950 maps x an avarage of 400 exp a map = 5,580,000 exp.

Now..if you figure the first 6 levels are free (Unlimited maps), that means from level 6-20, you need 430K exp.

5,580,000 - 430,000 = 5,150,000 exp

every level above 20 is 50k each (In GS3), so..

5,150,000 \ 50,000 = 103 levels.

Following this math, if you did this exact set up, you would be level 123 without ever killing a single critter. All you have to do is fill backpacks with maps, and pass them off to slave locker chars...and spend your days stockpiling Iron in your locker.

To give you an idea how fast this can actually work, I made a Cleric one time and used iron..now, I was not using the map bug, but simply stocking up 50 slabs of iron, and turning it in from level 1 to 6.

Using GS3 meditation, I made it from level 1 to level 6 in just under 13 hours...running iron every 10 min.

-Adredrin

Drew2
09-27-2003, 07:29 PM
He told me yesterday but I'm a good secret keeper.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I would have never used it too, which is also why he told me.

[Edited on 9-27-2003 by Tayre]

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 07:31 PM
And it doesn't work now? DAMN!

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, It no longer works for me..as I just tried. For all I know, they flagged my account or something. ::shrug::

-Adredrin

Though the last time I did it in plat, I was up to level 10 before I got bored.

Rysk
09-27-2003, 07:42 PM
that would be the most tedious, mind numbing, boring fuggin way to level....

this mesage brough to you by the letter B.. as in BORING...

Drew2
09-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Actually, seeing as how he could make a 120 train character in 2 months time, costing him maybe 25 bucks if he made a seperate account for it, and then sell that account for what.. 500+? I say it's a damn smart thing to do.

Vesi
09-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Heh. I never even learned how to make iron for my Voln person! She was too weak, so someone took pity on her and made it for her.

I would have more fun hunting, but thank you for telling. Now I can sleep tonight.;)

Vesi the curious

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:46 PM
actually, the only boring part was the collecting of maps. I had to script it right as to not bring too much attention to myself..so it took days and days to get all the maps. I was collecting one every 75 secends or so (I purposely slowed down the script to not draw too much attention)

-Adredrin

Drew2
09-27-2003, 07:48 PM
They can't call you out for getting maps. It's getting you no skill/exp gain in itself. The only thing you can't do is screen scroll, but that can be avoided by putting a few seconds (10 or so) between each map.

Trinitis
09-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Oh they could, your getting exp..or should say your stockpiling for exp. Your setting up to abuse a bug..if they see you using a script to collect all these maps, they are going to ask you why.

-Adredrin

Drew2
09-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Maybe you're a ranger and you're afraid of getting lost.

bwahahaha

Vesi
09-27-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
actually, the only boring part was the collecting of maps. I had to script it right as to not bring too much attention to myself..so it took days and days to get all the maps. I was collecting one every 75 secends or so (I purposely slowed down the script to not draw too much attention)

-Adredrin

I didn't even know you could get maps for the longest time. I found one that someone had dropped and I was thrilled. I followed the map. Ok... here I am now what? I used that map for a roleplay tool for along time. Then a merchant came that I could get maps that folded and such and I've used them since.

Vesi