PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives Can Read This If They Really Want To Now

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 03:38 PM
In essence.... America deserves someone who is a uniter rather than a divider on the Supreme Court... someone like Sandra Day O'Connor rather than like Scalia. This is from moveon.org. I urge you to share it with anyone you know who would be receptive and to sign the petition yourselves.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Subject: O'Connor is retiring. Take action to protect our rights.

Hi,

As you probably heard, Sandra Day O'Connor just resigned from the Supreme Court. This is an extremely important time for our senators to hear from us. They need to know that we are counting on them to stand up to President Bush and protect our rights -- because with a moderate like O'Connor stepping down and a far-right like Bush making the nomination, well, the stakes couldn't be higher. The Terri Schiavo tragedy showed us all just how far these people are willing to go.

MoveOn PAC has already started an emergency petition, and we're looking to get 250,000 signatures and comments to the Senate before Tuesday -- which is when rumor has it Bush will announce his nomination.

I hope you can take a minute to join me in signing this petition, so our senators know that, in what might be the fight of our lives, we need them to do what it takes to protect our rights.

http://www.moveonpac.org/protectourrights

Thanks!

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Warriorbird]

xtc
07-05-2005, 03:42 PM
I am no lover of Bush but moveon.org puts the B in Biased. We need a strict constructionist to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

For the record the Judges and courts in the Terry Schiavo matter sided with her husband.

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I got the same kind of petition from my family about it being more conservative. I'm against going to either of the sides.

I'm not sure why Terry was mentioned since the courts sided with the husband and didn't want to prolong the issue.

I'm rooting for Alberto Gonzalez myself.

Xandalf
07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
So let me get this straight... you want to protest a nomination before it's even been made? You don't know who might be nominated, but you're already fighting against him/her?

Heh... it would be amusing if it wasn't so predictable and sad.

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 04:02 PM
I suggested conservatives not read this. I make no claims that moveon.org is anything other than extremely biased. With that stated, I don't think you can make any claims otherwise yourself, Xandalf.

theotherjohn
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by xtc
We need a strict constructionist to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

We need Alberto Gonzales.

Skirmisher
07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah,...constitution, what constitution?

Parkbandit
07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
LMAO.

"If I put 'Another post Conservatives Shouldn't Read' in the topic title, I'm covered if anyone calls me on the bullshit I'm posting."

Sure.

Great source.. that Moveon.org

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I never said it wasn't biased. I don't typically call your Drudge report dredged posts "bullshit." I could start. It isn't a "source" but a petition I'm advocating for.

The attention is helpful though. Thanks.

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Warriorbird]

Wezas
07-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Earth to old man. Obviously it's a biased source and biased post. Hence the title of the post and the admission that it's from moveon.org.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
I'd like to know what the point is of him preaching to the choir.

Here, let me put this liberal article up for the liberals to read (who probably have already read the same thing or already feel this way).

Eh, good luck with your petitions there preacher.

xtc
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey you conservatives shouldn't be reading this post.:nono:

Forged
07-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by xtc
I am no lover of Bush but moveon.org puts the B in Biased. We need a strict constructionist to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

For the record the Judges and courts in the Terry Schiavo matter sided with her husband.

...and since when did moveon.org ever advertise to be anything but progressive?

DeV
07-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
I'd like to know what the point is of him preaching to the choir.
Probably to keep the uninformed liberals informed. That's my guess.

Forged
07-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

Originally posted by xtc

...tell me this is sarcasm...

...please...

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Mine wasn't sarcasm.

theotherjohn
07-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Forged

...please... [/quote]

Al or simliar will be the judge. Only way to stop it was to win the last election versus Bush

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 04:36 PM
"Probably to keep the uninformed liberals informed."

Bing! We have a winner.

;)

xtc
07-05-2005, 04:39 PM
...and since when did moveon.org ever advertise to be anything but progressive?

progressive? :lolwave::lol:

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Sorry, but any liberal who hasn't been keeping up on this isn't going to jackshit because of this thread, and your online petition/moveon letter to the representative won't do anything either.

If you don't have motivation to do something when a justice retires in this political landscape, a thread on Players Corner Forum is going to do almost nothing, IMO.

Forged
07-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Sorry, but any liberal who hasn't been keeping up on this isn't going to jackshit because of this thread, and your online petition/moveon letter to the representative won't do anything either.

If you don't have motivation to do something when a justice retires in this political landscape, a thread on Players Corner Forum is going to do almost nothing, IMO.

I'm willing to bet a lot of righties thought the same thing about the Downing Street Minutes too.

half a million sigs later...

Sean
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM

Why bother doing anything then? In the grand scheme of things you (in the generic sense) are only an individual.

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Tijay]

DeV
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM

If you don't have motivation to do something when a justice retires in this political landscape, a thread on Players Corner Forum is going to do almost nothing, IMO. So then this begs the question... why are you even here reading this? Clearly, you are not a liberal.

Parkbandit
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
I did my part.. you should to.

Atlanteax
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Clearly, this was all a vast left-wing conspiracy to suck the conversative posters into a Flame War!! :spaz:

Forged
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
And you assume Bush isn't going to try to install someone that will further the neo-con agenda, Parkbandit?

I guess we should just trust him, right?

Fuck all that.

I refuse to support anyone who would try to take away a woman's right to choose, nor one who supports torturing legitimate POW's.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by DeV

If you don't have motivation to do something when a justice retires in this political landscape, a thread on Players Corner Forum is going to do almost nothing, IMO. So then this begs the question... why are you even here reading this? Clearly, you are not a liberal.

BECUZ I R REBEL FKUC BUSH THAT SHRUB!!1

DeV
07-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I did my part.. you should to. You could have at least used a red state as your address.

Ravenstorm
07-05-2005, 04:52 PM

Well, I'm happy to prove you wrong then. I don't usually (ever) read that site. But because of this thread, I signed the petition. Thirty seconds of my time is worth that little extra bit of encouragement to the senators.

Raven

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I guess I just get angry at these types of petitions because the decision of what type of judge the public wants was decided on November 2nd, 2004.

A petition from all the people who voted for Kerry (and a lot of that reason was so he would choose the next Justice/s) just makes me laugh at the futility of the losing side.

Wezas
07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
PB is a conservative ass more days then he isn't. But that pic was very amusing. :smilegrin:

Parkbandit
07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by DeV

I did my part.. you should to. You could have at least used a red state as your address.

Crap! I knew I forgot something.

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for illustrating my point. I think a lot of time liberals get lazy because we have a hard time assuming that anyone could possibly disagree with our incredibly logical viewpoints.

I've closely followed the career of my state's governor, Mike Easley, for a while now. He has two core campaigning tools that seem to have been effective.

A. Poll 'King of the Hill' viewers. It is the core of the South. If you appeal to these people more than them, the Republicans are fucked.

B. Liberals quite often need reminding of things. He makes sure to.

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Petition for Pro-Choice (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/910164687?z00m=20053&z00m=20053&ltl=1120596718)

Independent Judiciary Petition (http://www.independentjudiciary.com/action/petition.cfm)

Judge Roy Moore/Ten Commandments Petition (http://www.conservativeusa.org/JusticeRoyMoore.htm)

I'm sure there are more but I wanna go home. :D

DeV
07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
BECUZ I R REBEL FKUC BUSH THAT SHRUB!!1 Cool.

And like Raven, I've never visited the site until today. And if I have I can't recall it so it wasn't that worthwhile of a trip down liberal lane. I, too, signed the petition.

Wezas
07-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I watched a "King of the Hill" marathon yesterday =/

I live in the south (technically) =/

What PB said is becoming true - I'm a conservative :no:

Parkbandit
07-05-2005, 04:59 PM
And you assume Bush isn't going to try to install someone that will further the neo-con agenda, Parkbandit?

Fuck all that.

I refuse to support anyone who would try to take away a woman's right to choose, nor one who supports torturing legitimate POW's.

No.. but I certainly don't expect him to put up some bleeding heart liberal to further the agenda of Moveon.org either.

My issue is that he hasn't even nominated anyone yet.. and we already have petitions against the future choice.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DeV

And like Raven, I've never visited the site until today. And if I have I can't recall it so it wasn't that worthwhile of a trip down liberal lane. I, too, signed the petition.

And when a conservative judge is put in place and this petition is rendered useless, I'll post here to remind you both that I said that. ;)

Parkbandit
Originally posted by Wezas
I watched a "King of the Hill" marathon yesterday =/

I live in the south (technically) =/

What PB said is becoming true - I'm a conservative :no:

Forged

Fuck all that.

No.. but I certainly don't expect him to put up some bleeding heart liberal to further the agenda of Moveon.org either.

My issue is that he hasn't even nominated anyone yet.. and we already have petitions against the future choice.

It's coming from both sides, my friend.

There is already a commercial blasting the left for obstructing Bush's nominee as well.

Regardless of "who started it", it is still necessary for the other side to respond.

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
There are going to be so many petitions being shoved into Bush's face from all directions that I don't think any of them will have much weight. It's good to make a stand somewhere though.

Ravenstorm
07-05-2005, 05:02 PM

Like we don't know the type of person he wants to nominate? He's said his judicial wet dream is Scalia.

Raven

Forged
07-05-2005, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by DeV

And when a conservative judge is put in place and this petition is rendered useless, I'll post here to remind you both that I said that. ;)

I have no problem with a conservative judge, so long as the person is a moderate, much like the judge who is now leaving the court.

What many people won't stand for is someone who will be even more divisive.

Bush did say he was a uniter, right?

I know he's failed on that account about a million times, but just this last time, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he comes through.

xtc
07-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Hopefully we are close to cherishing this:

DeV
07-05-2005, 05:14 PM
And when a conservative judge is put in place and this petition is rendered useless, I'll post here to remind you both that I said that. ;) For what purpose? My actions haven't affected you personally in any way. If a conservative judge is put in place, I won't be surprised and neither will you. No need to waste precious time, either of ours. :)

Sean
07-05-2005, 05:14 PM

Seriously whats your point? If you take this attitude and apply it to everything in life you really have to question why you do anything when you find yourself in the minority or not in power. In the bigger picture sure the petition might not do anything or maybe it will who knows. But for the few moments it takes to sign the petition it's not like theres any real loss if it's rendered useless in the end. But if you don't take a few moments to even read it (assuming you have any intention to sign it or consider it) then you're worst off for not even trying.

Sean
07-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Theres about 100 threads for opinions on women's rights to choose and abortion on this board. Please don't make this another one. I understand that the stance is relevant to your feelings on which judge ends up in place but I'm just asking that you keep it at that rather than making this yet another who thinks abortion is good/bad thread.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Tijay

Seriously whats your point?

My point is a petition organized by MoveOn isn't taken seriously by anyone except the liberals who sign it.

TheRoseLady
07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
"Probably to keep the uninformed liberals informed."

Bing! We have a winner.

;)

Thanks for the heads up.

DeV
07-05-2005, 05:36 PM
My point is a petition organized by MoveOn isn't taken seriously by anyone except the liberals who sign it. That's generally how petitions work.

Artha
07-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Moveon.org is a joke.

Gan
07-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I hope its a very cold winter in DC this year, so W can use all those petitions to light the fires in the West Wing to keep our administration nice and comfy this season.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DeV

My point is a petition organized by MoveOn isn't taken seriously by anyone except the liberals who sign it. That's generally how petitions work.

No it isn't. Not at all.

Petitions are meant to sway an opinion. If it succeeds in swaying an opinion, it's obviously been taken seriously by someone other than those signing it. When it is organized by a group like MoveOn it loses almost any chance of that happening.

A petition organized by, say, Harvard University or some other insitution that isn't regarded as a joke amongst the general population tends to have some effectiveness.

Ravenstorm
07-05-2005, 06:15 PM
And in this case, the petition is to go to senators - not Bush - to urge them to stand their ground and not let Dubya appoint a zealot. Reading comprehension is a good thing.

Raven

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm assuming this post isn't directed at me?

Might want to use the QUOTE function, Raven.

If you have any further problems, please REPORT/ASSIST.

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Hulkein]

DeV
07-05-2005, 06:38 PM
When it is organized by a group like MoveOn it loses almost any chance of that happening.
Apparently you are taking this petition more seriously than I. I guess that serves some sort of purpose at the end of the day.

MoveOn is not an organization I was very familiar with, but now I am, thanks to this informative thread.

When I said that is how petitions generally work, I meant it. I consider them to be nothing more than formal requests if you wish, to a higher authority. The swaying of public opinion would have little to do with the swaying of the one in the position of authority to actually take that petition seriously. I didn't sign it in hopes of swaying popular opinion. Instead, it was to voice my own.

And at this point, I could care less if it is considered a hopeless cause. It won't be the first and it definitely won't be the last.

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 06:40 PM
I hope the people who are against these petitions never signed any that floated when Simu made changes to GS. :P

theotherjohn
07-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
And in this case, the petition is to go to senators - not Bush - to urge them to stand their ground and not let Dubya appoint a zealot. Reading comprehension is a good thing.

Raven

and the senators who appose Bush mean nothing in the process

Bush will invoke the "nuclear option"

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by DeV
MoveOn is not an organization I was very familiar with, but now I am, thanks to this informative thread.

:lol2:

07-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Okay, do you people really think a petition from MOVEON.ORG is going to be anything but kindle?
This from a non-profit organization that ran adds about bush being Hitler in the last election… Yeah they hold tons of cred. I am sure this petition will sway his and other republican leaders into putting who the libs want in the seat.

TheRoseLady
07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Okay, do you people really think a petition from MOVEON.ORG is going to be anything but kindle?
This from a non-profit organization that ran adds about bush being Hitler in the last election… Yeah they hold tons of cred. I am sure this petition will sway his and other republican leaders into putting who the libs want in the seat.

This reads almost like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 08:03 PM
:lol: @ TRL

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 08:54 PM
"Moveon.org is a joke" - Artha

And has certainly outfundraised many "traditional liberal" groups which have actually become that. Hilarious.

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by Warriorbird]

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 08:56 PM
"I hope the people who are against these petitions never signed any that floated when Simu made changes to GS."

Hmm. I wonder if Virilneus left that up.

Artha
07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
"Moveon.org is a joke" - Artha

And has certainly outfundraised many "traditional liberal" groups which have actually become that. Hilarious.

And helped lose Kerry the election. No complaints here though.

DeV
07-05-2005, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by DeV

:lol2: Heh, fitting reply.

Wezas
07-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Woo Hoo! An estimated 50,000 Iowans who have finished their sentences can now take part in elections. (http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050705/NEWS10/507050384/1001)

Republicans Beware!

Artha
07-05-2005, 09:14 PM
It's funny that you're basically saying, "Look out, world! Felons voting for Democrats up in this piece!"

Warriorbird
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
"I personally view this callous disregard for the weakest and most vulnerable in our society abhorrent. "

I agree. Your stance is abhorrent. That's not the point, however.

And no, the petitions are not really aimed at changing the president. Then again, the NPR petition worked pretty damn well.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Not aware of what petition they had or if you were being sarcastic, but if you weren't, I'd contribute that to the fact that NPR is a reputable news service. It's almost the antithesis of MoveOn.

DeV
07-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Not aware of what petition they had or if you were being sarcastic, but if you weren't, I'd contribute that to the fact that NPR is a reputable news service. It's almost the antithesis of MoveOn. He was being serious. The petition took on a life of its own, so to speak.

Hulkein
07-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Good to hear.

If I wasn't clear earlier in this thread I just have a thing with petitions from places that have almost zero credibility.

DeV
07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
If I wasn't clear earlier in this thread I just have a thing with petitions from places that have almost zero credibility. Good to hear. Don't participate in them then, maybe?

Artha
07-05-2005, 10:16 PM
He isn't. That doesn't mean he can't say they're stupid.

DeV
07-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Artha
He isn't. That doesn't mean he can't say they're stupid. You're right. Whatever makes him happy. :)

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Zero credibility... hmm. And how many conservative organizations did moveon out fundraise?

Artha
07-06-2005, 07:18 AM
What kind of effects did they get?

Wasted money.

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Decent enough effects. If the rest of the party organizations had held up their end and we'd had a candidate that fundraised as well as Clinton, something might have happened. I don't like to second guess successes or failiures, but I like to support efforts when I can.

You're a young Republican (obvious insanity coming later) so you don't count.

Hulkein
07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Zero credibility... hmm. And how many conservative organizations did moveon out fundraise?

Churches of many religions out fundraise MoveOn, does that mean you want to give them more credibility on their political stances?

xtc
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
"I personally view this callous disregard for the weakest and most vulnerable in our society abhorrent. "

I agree. Your stance is abhorrent. That's not the point, however.

And no, the petitions are not really aimed at changing the president. Then again, the NPR petition worked pretty damn well.

Even with my omission of the word as in my post, it does not mean what you posted.

You have the right to your opinion as wrong as it may be.

xtc
07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
What kills me about this petition is that no one has been nominated yet.

I guess some people just like to protest, rebels without a cause.

DeV
07-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by xtc
What kills me about this petition is that no one has been nominated yet.

I guess some people just like to protest, rebels without a cause. This is not the only one either. They are coming in from both sides, conservative and liberal. CNN did a short piece on these petition sites last night, it was interesting to watch.

Forged
07-06-2005, 12:17 PM

Churches of many religions out fundraise MoveOn, does that mean you want to give them more credibility on their political stances?

Religious groups are not allowed to have political stances, lest they lose their non-profit licenses with the government.

xtc
07-06-2005, 12:25 PM

Religious groups are not allowed to have political stances, lest they lose their non-profit licenses with the government.

Both sides have been using churches in violation of the law.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/09/15/State/IRS_warns_churches__n.shtml

CrystalTears
07-06-2005, 01:35 PM
As Tijay had requested earlier, please refrain from further postings regarding abortion in this thread as it is off-topic. Stating that you would like someone to uphold abortions is different than arguing whether it is right or wrong.

Start a new topic if you wish to continue this train of thought and return to the topic of the next nominee. Thanks.

Atlanteax
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Bah, I thought it was completely and utterly made clear by the original poster that conservatives should not read the thread!

:rolleyes: at the :flamewar:

xtc
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I think I would make a great nominee for the Supreme Court. I will have to start a petition demanding President Bush to nominate myself to the Supreme Court

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by xtc]

Nakiro
07-06-2005, 02:22 PM
I love the typical attitude in the orginal post.

Warriorbird: We need a uniter not a divider in the Supreme Court! Unity!

MoveOn: Fuck all those goofy conservative bastards and fuck whoever Bush appointes for Supreme Court Justice.

CrystalTears
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
All posts regarding abortion have been moved to it's own thread.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=15968

Please post there any and all abortion issues and discussions.

All other posts made here will either be deleted or moved there. Please spare our time by going to the appropriate thread.

Please return to the topic. Thank you.

Parkbandit
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
I love the typical attitude in the orginal post.

Warriorbird: We need a uniter not a divider in the Supreme Court! Unity!

MoveOn: Fuck all those goofy conservative bastards and fuck whoever Bush appointes for Supreme Court Justice.

Ex-Act-Ly

Hulkein
07-06-2005, 02:39 PM

What about the churches stances on political issues like abortion or gay marriage? Am I imagining them?

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Nope. Both sides utilize churches in highly unethical fashion, as stated before. The Republicans do it better. I don't mean to knock them as incredible fundraising groups, either.

theotherjohn
07-06-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by xtc

...please...

guess I am not the only one who thinks Al is a great and qualified choice

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid on Wednesday pronounced Attorney General Alberto Gonzales qualified to sit on the Supreme Court, but added, "I don't know if he'd have an easy way through" Senate confirmation

Reid talking bout Gonzo (http://http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050706/ap_on_go_co/scotus_democrats_1;_ylt=ArlpRG1ltldQb5MJo8_8uoNuCM 0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Gonzales is better than some of the others out there. Sure he'll end abortion and send America into a dark age of reproductive rights. Sure, he's a wacko nutjob who advocates ending of rights for the accused, but less wacko than some of them.

As for you, Nakiro... curious the edits you made to the language. Curious also how you feel free to judge for everyone else what a uniter is versus a divider. After all... you voted for Bush.

Forged
07-06-2005, 05:22 PM

What about the churches stances on political issues like abortion or gay marriage? Am I imagining them?

they are allowed to feel any way they want. However, they cannot inject their beliefs into the political system directly. Of course, we all know it still happens.

Nakiro
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
As for you, Nakiro... curious the edits you made to the language. Curious also how you feel free to judge for everyone else what a uniter is versus a divider. After all... you voted for Bush.

Uhm, what edits are you talking about?

And I never claimed to be a "uniter" or a "divider". I was just showing how you (and the extreme among the democratic party) are hypocritical.

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
All the random "fuck yous" inserted were pretty "fucking" tacky.

I was not saying that you were a uniter or a divider. I was saying Bush represented the ultimate divider and that it was funny you felt you could say what was a uniter or divider when you voted for him.

07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
What new talking point will you follow next warriorbird?

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Time will tell. I'm happy with the results here. Signatures and interest in the cause are certainly a benefit. I hit a few other places on the net up with the link as well. I feel like I've done pretty well.

Hulkein
07-06-2005, 10:20 PM
they are allowed to feel any way they want. However, they cannot inject their beliefs into the political system directly. Of course, we all know it still happens.

When did I say anything about interjecting their beliefs directly into the political system?

Warriorbird said that MoveOn is great at fundraising when responding to the claim that MoveOn has no credibility. He was drawing a converse relation between fund raising success and credibility, in his eyes.

I responded by saying various churches are more successful at fundraising. They also interact much the same as MoveOn does, as in they advise their parishoners, constituency, whatever you want to call it, how to express their beliefs. You can see this in churches in the form of Pro-Life rallies.

My point to him was, does this give the church the type of credibility you want in politics, in your opinion?

In my opinion... no, it doesn't. It's just a biased institution saying what they want. I don't care how much they fundraise.

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Hulkein]

Warriorbird
07-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Yet they dominate the Republican party. I respect that and wish them luck. They're doing well for a cause they believe in, even if I do not.

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Petition goal met. Thread subject changed.

ElanthianSiren
07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Ha ha, met by people like PB submitting BS names in a huge conspiracy to invalidate teh petition of doom destructive power!

I'm feeling Foamy today, don't mind me.

In all seriousness, that's lovely about the petition :)

-M

Warriorbird
07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
:)