PDA

View Full Version : Dumbassed Lawsuit of the Day

Atlanteax
07-05-2005, 03:31 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050705/D8B5CI681.html

Astrologer Sues NASA Over Comet Mission

Jul 5, 1:53 PM (ET)

MOSCOW (AP) - NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust - it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million - the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost - for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

NASA representatives in Russia could not be reached for comment on the case.

theotherjohn
07-05-2005, 03:33 PM
wow

must be a really slow day in the world if this is news.

Skirmisher
07-05-2005, 03:40 PM
I assumed someone was trying to make you wear different ties.

Imagine my surprise when it was just the same news I posted about two months ago!

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=14501

:D

Atlanteax
07-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I assumed someone was trying to make you wear different ties.

Imagine my surprise when it was just the same news I posted about two months ago!

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=14501

:D

Heh.

I think yours was before the mission, and this one is after the mission.

Editted to fix quoting error.

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Atlanteax]

Anebriated
07-05-2005, 04:03 PM
A Russian court ruled that an astrologer could proceed with a lawsuit against the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration for plans to bombard a comet whose destruction would "disrupt the natural balance of the universe," ITAR-TASS said.

and now 2 months later the probe has just now hit the comet(took 3 months to reach the comet I believe) the court process has begun. Both articles are on the same topic but different nonetheless. Either way its a good topic to post as it the probe landed on the coment in the last 24 hours.

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Elrodin]

Skirmisher
07-05-2005, 04:08 PM
No!

Mine is better!

:whistle:

Anebriated
07-05-2005, 04:12 PM
No, yours was a preemtive sue which is just now making its way through the courts. At the time yours was posted they had no idea if it would even make it to the comet. Either way the women is an idiot and needs to stop going forward with this before she makes herself look like more of a dumbass.

Latrinsorm
07-05-2005, 05:11 PM
It always puzzles me when people say that humans are ruining nature. When did we become unnatural? :?: Besides Arkans, I mean, who was obviously recombinated from Rommel's and Kressley's DNA.

Volstock
07-05-2005, 08:48 PM
I think the Nasa Representivie in Russia could not be reach because they are too busy laughing/giggling to reach for the phone. Well in the spirit of the topic I think NOTHING beats the fat ass kids sueing McDonald because they didn't know the food was fatty?

Doyle Hargraves
07-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I dunno, people suing Sony because they got addicted to EverQuest is a pretty close race with the fat McDonald's kid.

ElanthianSiren
07-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Volstock
I think the Nasa Representivie in Russia could not be reach because they are too busy laughing/giggling to reach for the phone. Well in the spirit of the topic I think NOTHING beats the fat ass kids sueing McDonald because they didn't know the food was fatty?

:puke: -- remember kids: use something pretty!

-M