Fallen
07-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Step one: Talk Shit
Step Two: Attempt to back Shit talking up
Step Three: Fail Miserably

Note: Log edited for clarity

-----

[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace, dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is rolled back to permit an unobstructed view of the starry night sky. You also see a white cat that is sleeping, a white cat that is sitting, the Gilheal disk, the Diynasta disk, the Kazami disk, the Nakiro disk, a field mouse that is sitting, a tarnished earring, a glaesine arch, a large faenor-chased barrel and a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Kyushla, Sarl, Querthose who is sitting, Great Lady Cadiva, Great Lord Gilheal who is kneeling, Diynasta, Nakiro,
Kazami who is sitting, Hilts who is sitting, Lady Starlaz, Lady Sharmane who is sitting
Obvious paths: out

>Querthose put a pink rhodochrosite stone in his serpent-clasped pack.
>Querthose removes a marred witchwood ritual brush from in his serpent-clasped pack.
>Querthose removes a pink rhodochrosite stone from in his serpent-clasped pack.

You close an enveloping shadowy dark leather cloak with a deep hood.
You close a steel-clasped krolvin hide loot sack.

>Querthose slowly moves the tip of his brush across the back of his rhodochrosite stone.

You ponder the meaning of Querthose's existence.

Speaking in Elven, you say, "Been a while."

>Rlen just arrived.

You kneel down.

>Querthose put a marred witchwood ritual brush in his serpent-clasped pack.

You sling an expertly crafted vaalin-bound shield deftly over your shoulder in one graceful movement.

>Rlen kneels down.

>Querthose nods to you.

Speaking in Elven, you say, "Thought you might have died."

You grin slowly.

>Speaking tersely in Elven, Querthose says, "You are not so fortunate."

You smirk.

>Speaking in Elven to Querthose, you say, "I've been busy since your absence. I doubt we are anywhere near to equal in power beyond your quaint hobbies."

You shrug.

>Querthose smirks.

>Speaking amusedly in Elven to you, Querthose says, "No, we are likely not anywhere near in ability nor power. But you seem like the type who is used to living as second best."

>Querthose makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
>Querthose gestures.
>His body is surrounded by a dim dancing aura.

>Querthose makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
>Querthose gestures.
>Querthose stands taller, as if bolstered with a sense of confidence.

Speaking in Elven to Querthose, you say, "And your perception is as flawed as ever."
You smile.

Speaking in Elven to Rlen, you say, "I've missed him."
You nod to Rlen.
You point at Querthose.

>Rlen grins at you.

>Speaking amusedly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "My skill in the Art far surpasses your own, of that there is no doubt."

>Speaking to you, Rlen asks, "A worthy foil?"

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "Only in areas of absolutely no importance."

>Speaking softly in Elven to Rlen, Querthose says, "No, he is not."

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "My spells of direct combat are beyond yours."

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak to you, Querthose says, "Your own standard. The standard of those inferior is not an acceptable one."

>Speaking disapprovingly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Even if that were the case, the Art is not mere brawling. It is a higher level of magical manipulation, a level you have not yet ascended to it would seem."

>Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "I have no need."
>Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "You have no strength."

>Speaking disapprovingly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Do not confuse the two."

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "The creatures of the Keen and the Temple would beg to differ, of course."

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "The Keen is a joke."

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "The Rift as well I would imagine, if I were inclined to visit."

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "You haven't the skill to venture there, i'd imagine."

>Querthose smirks.

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Then you would guess incorrectly."

You roll your eyes.

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Though certainly my swimming could use some work. But I don't put much stock in mundane skills."

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "There is a test of one's will to merely survive within the chaos which is the Rift."
Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "I doubt you possess the power needed to withstand that environment."

Speaking dismissively in Guildspeak, you say, "I could be wrong."
Speaking firmly in Guildspeak, you say, "But I doubt it."

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "A servant of the Serpent has nothing to fear from such things. I have been tested in mind and spirit by my Lord, and I have skill in the Art, all facets of it."

>Speaking amusedly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Though I suppose you would be the expert on weakness of the two of us."
>Speaking amusedly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "So perhaps you are correct."

Speaking firmly in Guildspeak, you say, "I can see all of yours quite clearly, yes."
You nod to Querthose.

>Speaking amusedly in Guildspeak, Querthose asks, "Might I suggest spectacles?"

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "No, they are plain to see."
You grin.

>Querthose stretches.

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "Odd that you seem so blind to them, yourself."

>Speaking amusedly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Whatever helps you cope with my superior skill."

Speaking in Guildspeak, you ask, "In what? Dragging the dead about?"

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose asks, "For if I am riddled with weakness, what does that make you?"
>Querthose sneers.

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "Your superior."
You smile at Querthose.

>Speaking thoughtfully in Guildspeak, Querthose asks, "In what precisely?"
>Speaking thoughtfully in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Not in Necromancy nor Demonology."

>Speaking thoughtfully in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Nor in casting strength."

>Speaking thoughtfully in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "Hardly in faith."

>Speaking in Guildspeak, you ask, "Shall we test that?"

>Querthose chuckles.

>Speaking thoughtfully in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "If you are so inclined."

>Querthose stands up.

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "A simple test of magical prowess."
Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "I do not seek to kill you."

>Querthose points out.

You open an enveloping shadowy dark leather cloak with a deep hood.

>Querthose just went out.

You open a steel-clasped krolvin hide loot sack.

You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
1d100: 20 + Modifiers: 138 == 158

You become invisible.

>You remove a heavy quartz orb from in your leather cloak.

You rub your quartz orb.
A sudden clarity of thought comes over you, and you realize that you now understand arcane mysteries that were previously incomprehensible.
The quartz orb suddenly disintegrates!

You easily slide an expertly crafted vaalin-bound shield off your shoulder gripping it in your left hand.
You stand back up.

[Ta'Illistim, Shimmarglin Court]
The northern corner of the court is relatively quiet, the low hum of conversation punctuated only by the occasional bursts of laughter emanating from the nearby dais. A row of monir trees delineates the curvature of the cobblestoned lane, their leafy boughs creating a peaceful resting spot. You also see an animated muscular supplicant, a wooden barrel and a floating dais.
Also here: Querthose
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest

>An animated muscular supplicant roughly searches the area, seeking out something.
Your injuries hinder your attempts to remain unseen.
An animated muscular supplicant quickly spots you and your invisibility fails!

>Querthose gestures.
>Querthose appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

You nod.

Speaking in Guildspeak, you say, "Now then."

>Querthose's eyes darken as he lean softly against his emerald ritual staff.

You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Corrupt Essence...

>You gesture at Querthose.
CS: +328 - TD: +299 + CvA: +12 + d100: +5 - -5 == +51
Warded off!
A blood red haze eddies and swirls around Querthose before it dissipates.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>Querthose traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>Querthose gestures at you.
CS: +338 - TD: +311 + CvA: +4 + d100: +75 - -5 == +111
Warding failed!
You feel a numbing jolt reverberate through your skull! You are stunned.

>Querthose smirks.

>An animated muscular supplicant trudges about aimlessly.

>Speaking softly in Guildspeak, Querthose says, "I believe this is settled."

You are able to move again.

You frown.

>Querthose smirks.

(Querthose bows mockingly)

You say, "Correct."

>Querthose just went to a floating dais.

>go dais[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace, dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is rolled back to permit an unobstructed view of the starry night sky. You also see the Diynasta disk, a forest wolfhound, the Gnimble disk, a white cat that is sleeping, a white cat that is sitting, the Kazami disk, the Nakiro disk, a field mouse that is sitting, a tarnished earring, a glaesine arch, a large faenor-chased barrel and a
richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Querthose, Whispersdeath, Diynasta, Sharpedged, Pacie who is sitting, Gnimble, Rlen who is kneeling, Kyushla, Sarl, Great Lady Cadiva, Nakiro, Kazami who is sitting, Hilts who is sitting, Lady Starlaz, Lady Sharmane who is sitting

Speaking to Querthose, you say, "Give it time..."

>Speaking amusedly in Guildspeak to you, Querthose asks, "Now, you were saying?"

You mockingly say, "Elder."

>Querthose smirks.

You say, "Your day will come."

>Querthose just went out.

You kneel down.
You sigh.

Speaking in Dark Elven to Rlen, you say, "He beat me."

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Fallen]

Sylph
07-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Heh... Close enough?

Fallen
07-05-2005, 03:13 AM
This Happened about 3 minutes later, and made me feel a bit better.

========
You head over to the Fountain Table.
[Fountain Table]
Carefully laid out tiles direct a small stream that flows out of the bubbling fountain nearby. The Fountain Table is artfully crafted of copper rods in the form of a hand, fingertips carefully supporting the jade-veined tabletop. Several comfortable looking oak chairs sit nearby on the grass, pulled close to the edge of the fountain. You also see a single arrow shaft.

You pull out a chair and seat yourself at the table.

> * Querthose was just incinerated!
> * Querthose just bit the dust!

You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Locate Person spell...
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Querthose's surroundings fills your mind...

[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace, dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is rolled back to permit an unobstructed view of the starry night sky. You also see the Diynasta disk, a forest wolfhound that is sitting, a white cat that is sleeping, a white cat that is sitting, a field mouse that is sitting, a tarnished earring, a glaesine arch, a large faenor-chased barrel and a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Diynasta, the body of Querthose who is lying down, Rlen who is kneeling, Whispersdeath, Sharpedged, Hilts who is sitting, Lady Starlaz, Lady Sharmane who is sitting

You scoot your chair back and stand up.
>out[Bar]
A great oak stands in the middle of the outdoor bar, its spreading branches providing both shade and protection from the elements. The two "wings" of the Lost Home wrap around either side of the lush lawn where the tables are set, adding to the sense of quiet and privacy. On the far side of the lawn several chairs are pulled close to a small pond that empties into a tiny brook that wraps itself around the base of the oak.
Obvious paths: south

[Script]>[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace, dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is rolled back to permit an unobstructed view of the starry night sky. You also see the Diynasta disk, a forest wolfhound that is sitting, a white cat that is sleeping, a white cat that is sitting, a field mouse that is sitting, a tarnished earring, a glaesine arch, a large faenor-chased barrel and a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Diynasta, the body of Querthose who is lying down, Rlen who is kneeling, Whispersdeath, Sharpedged, Hilts who is sitting, Lady Starlaz, Lady Sharmane who is sitting
>Diynasta meditates over Querthose.
Diynasta takes Querthose's left hand damage.

>Sharpedged says, "Ya coulda just asked and I'da checked it for ya."

Diynasta takes Querthose's left eye damage.
Diynasta takes Querthose's right eye damage.
Diynasta takes Querthose's head damage.
Diynasta takes Querthose's neck damage.
Diynasta takes Querthose's right leg damage.
Diynasta takes Querthose's left leg damage.

You tilt your head down.

The ghostly voice of Querthose softly says, "I saw the trap."

>You glance at Querthose.

>Sharpedged pokes Querthose to see if he will move.

Diynasta takes some of Querthose's blood loss.
>Diynasta murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>Diynasta concentrates.
Diynasta looks a little better.

>The ghostly voice of Querthose softly says, "I just forgot it couldn't be disarmed."

>Sharpedged asks, "Just forgot about it?"

Diynasta takes all of Querthose's blood loss.

>Sharpedged nods.

Speaking to Querthose, you say, "That makes me feel a bit better."

You nod to Querthose.
You turn around.

Sharmane gestures at Querthose.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Querthose, then fades into the body.

>out[Ta'Illistim, Shimmarglin Court]
The northern corner of the court is relatively quiet, the low hum of conversation punctuated only by the occasional bursts of laughter emanating from the nearby dais. A row of monir trees delineates the curvature of the cobblestoned lane, their leafy boughs creating a peaceful resting spot. You also see a wooden barrel and a floating dais.
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest

Asha
07-05-2005, 03:28 AM
Still, I hope you both had a bit of a laugh at your keyboards.
That was how conflict is meant to be.
Good times.

By the way your CS has rocketed.
:cool2: :thumbsup:

Fallen
07-05-2005, 03:30 AM
By the way your CS has rocketed. >>

Yeah, I THOUGHT it had. Obviously, not enough.

My guess is he triples.

OreoElf
07-05-2005, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
Still, I hope you both had a bit of a laugh at your keyboards.
That was how conflict is meant to be.
Good times.

By the way your CS has rocketed.
:cool2: :thumbsup:

Really... I enjoyed reading that. It's nice to know people rp their conflict instead of all out war all the time with others jumping in the frey.

Well done :)

Asha
07-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I remember a time Dirik hated my character so much I couldn't figure out why.
After a few weeks of us fighting, I thought I'd whisper to him.
I said something like '' Our characters are so nuts'' and he responded with '' I'm having fun with it, are you?''
That totally made my day. Some people can RP and not let it be just CvC or PvP.
The idea is to have fun.
There has been so many times I've laughed out loud at the way Shimm makes a total cock out of himself. Then get owned really badly.

Divinity
07-05-2005, 06:23 AM
It's always a pleasure to read a log from you, Evarin.

Superb, as always.

AnticorRifling
07-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Sign of dissipation is your friend. As is 515 + 417 :cool:

Gan
07-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Very well played. Even though you got a small serving from it instead of Querthose. :clap:

Bobmuhthol
07-05-2005, 11:20 AM
<<Yeah, I THOUGHT it had. Obviously, not enough.>>

Your advantage against him was +46. His advantage against you was +36.

He just got the luckier roll.

AnticorRifling
07-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Also I noticed this before you cast at him:

>Querthose's eyes darken as he lean softly against his emerald ritual staff.

Should be leans, not lean. I'd whisper to him to bug it if you see him again. Just a friendly FYI.

Syberus
07-05-2005, 12:31 PM
That looks like one of the staves sold on the WD, I'd imagine they're all buggy then for the lean script.

Fallen
07-05-2005, 06:14 PM
<<Yeah, I THOUGHT it had. Obviously, not enough.>>

Your advantage against him was +46. His advantage against you was +36.

He just got the luckier roll. >>

It was a test primarily of who casted stronger. No duel, just a simple test of strength. Had I landed the 703, I would have still let him cast at me.

I honestly thought I would have had the higher CS. Oh well, I am within 4 of him now.

Grin

4a6c1
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
heh.

>Speaking in Elven to Querthose, you say, "I've been busy since your absence. I doubt we are anywhere near to equal in power beyond your quaint hobbies."

^Querthose duel bait right there

:heart: Quert

Funny log. :)

AnticorRifling
07-06-2005, 12:16 AM
My minor CS is 342 Evarin loses! :cool:

Sylvan Dreams
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Let Debia know when she should start holding that breath ;)

Fallen
07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Let Debia know when she should start holding that breath >>

Hey....SHUT UP!

Im working as hard as I can. How many years has Debia been around?

As of your last logon, your premium service has been continuous since 3/15/2004. = level 64

Sylph
07-06-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
My minor CS is 342 Evarin loses! :cool:

Antipanties is what... 2/3 lvls more than my wiz and my CS is 363 :p

Terminator X
07-06-2005, 03:19 AM
antipanties!? what yall got against panties anyhow!? they look good on ya baby! even better off too <ducks>
yeah, yeah, so, i RPd with Ev and walked away with all my limbs in tact! my ego was just a little bit beat up though :(

Sylvan Dreams
07-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
Hey....SHUT UP!

Im working as hard as I can. How many years has Debia been around?

Close to 10 now :)
I'm actually looking forward to Evarin and Debia being on more equal ground - just to see what comes of it.