PDA

View Full Version : Hunting?

Arqueto
07-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Eh, I decided to bring my rogue out of retirement. Any suggestions for something to hunt around level 30? Warfarers don't give me much exp anymore, and I seemed to be getting my ass kicked all over the glacier.

Any input would be appreciated.

Edaarin
07-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I think I was hunting the Lake/Foggy Valley between 25-40...might be different now, though...

I hear the Glacier would be perfect at that level now.

Artha
07-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Kiramon. You'll get banged up at first, but they're cake and old.

Gan
07-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Solhaven = Lake (coyotes, pra'eda, fengahi etc.)

Landing = Glacier, Castle Varunar (corpses (U) & roa'ters)

Illistim = Wraithenmist, Black Moore, Teorainn Valley

Stunseed
07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Icemule has Rotting Farmhands ( 34, undead, easy head ambush ) , Arctic Manticores and Tundra Giants, and Frost Giants ( 38, I think? ).

Artha
07-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Arctic manticores will kill you a ton more than kiramon, which are a few trains higher. Nothing's worse than getting hit for 3 damage and getting killed by one of those flares.

Snapp
07-04-2005, 12:32 AM
My rogue is 30, and I do rotting corpses/roa'ters. The corpses are cake, just be careful around the roa'ters.

isebumples
07-04-2005, 01:15 AM
My rogue hunted Hisskra in River's Rest. Fair ammount of coinage too. They are kinda tough, but definately worth the experience, if you can put up with the RR clique. Right after that, moved to Krolvin Corsairs and Slavers, which were even richer (consistent 90k hunts).

-Bwomp's player

Gizmo
07-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Tegu! Hawk Owls! Hunter Trolls! ? ? ?

Arqueto
07-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Gizmo
Tegu! Hawk Owls! Hunter Trolls! ? ? ?
Yeah, that's where I am at right now. Teorainn Valley is easy enough as long as I watch my stance and don't get swarmed. I figure after that I can head up to Trali as long as I avoid the shamans.

Renian
07-14-2005, 02:20 AM
At around that level, I was hunting Hooded Figures up on Lornon (Broken Lands). Not only is the exp and loot good, but the boxes have some rather sizable locks, which is great for Lock Mastery.

Janarth
07-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Before Trali, might wanna try bendiths, sprites and those t-things. I see a lot of ambushers do well there, and the sprites seem pretty squishy. They are only dangerous if you let them stand around a while and cast tangleweed. Might be a good intermediate before trali (which I find pretty tough, 2 or more shamans and life gets...ventilated by thorns.

The Ponzzz
07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Renian
At around that level, I was hunting Hooded Figures up on Lornon (Broken Lands). Not only is the exp and loot good, but the boxes have some rather sizable locks, which is great for Lock Mastery.

Speaking of figs, how much arcane symbols are needed to read the runes now adays? I heard its no longer level 28, and yer in...

Renian
07-14-2005, 01:23 PM
I have 20 ranks in Arcane Symbols and it works every time for me. You should get those ranks in AS anyway if you are considering it, as it helps absurdly with disarming scarabs. All scarabs I encounter are now *scritch scritch* for me.