PDA

View Full Version : Candor

Chadj
09-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Is it just me, or is this Candor person overly annoying? His walking around bad talking people really pisses me off... am i alone in this?

Adhara
09-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Name doesn't ring a bell. Do you have a log?

Miss X
09-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Candor [subdued]: "I am not related to Warclaidhm. I consider Warclaidhm immature, noisy, and a general pest."

mwahaaha my fave Candor quote of the evening! I actually find Candor quite funny, he RPs well!
Vx

[Edited on 27-9-03 by Miss X]

Chadj
09-26-2003, 10:12 PM
I have lots, but im too lazy to go through it :-P
Basically, he walks around slapping people, saying stuff like "All hail me, and if you dont, Tsin will kill you". I cant count the number of times people have stunned him, froze him, threatend to kill him etc... hes in the landing.

GSLeloo
09-26-2003, 10:12 PM
I killed Candor once cause we were at the crypt (during the Jant invasion) and he was trying to rob people and when I told him I saw him he smacked me and left. Then he came back in and started shooting his mouth off and I think he attacked me by that gate so I killed him.

Chadj
09-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, as much as i hate him, he is a source of entertainment with all the things people do to him...

You glance at Candor.
>

>
Candor hauls off and slaps you up'side your head!

>
Eredhen says, "He's just a child playing games Syrile, Ribido"
>prep 1005
sing cand
You change your tune slightly, adding the element for Lullabye to your song...
Your spellsong is ready.
>Syrile comes out of hiding.
Syrile kicks Candor!
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at Candor.
Candor falls to the ground in a deep slumber.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>nod cand
Winowyll traces a sign that contorts in the air while she forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>
You nod to Candor.
>
Ghotte scratches at his beard.
Winowyll gestures at Candor.
CS: +269 - TD: +6 + CvA: +17 + d100: +10 - +15 == +275
Warding failed!
His right hand explodes!
Candor is stunned!

Thats the third time ive seen someone take off one of his limbs

[Edited on 9-27-2003 by Chadj]

JustMe
09-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Candor tries too hard. He's not old, not even a threat to most of the population. I really don't see why people let him bother them that much.

Chadj
09-26-2003, 11:52 PM
I just like putting him to sleep... but i aint gonna complain if people wanna blast his limbs off. Free entertainment.

Chadj
09-26-2003, 11:53 PM
He just got killed... heh.

GemstoneFan
09-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Candor has been around a long time -- moved from Icemule to the Landing.

Personally I find him one of the most entertaining RP'ers in the game. He RP's a complete snert, but not like most 12 year old losers that can't do it right. You'll never see Candor do a warn interact or go crying to a GM like other baby snerts in GS.

He steals of course, BADLY :) and takes his lumps, slaps, gets killed, decays, and keeps on ticking. He livens up any town -- I think he's a blast, hehehe.

AnticorRifling
09-27-2003, 01:49 AM
He's fun but he is annoying. I don't kill people as soon as I see them dip into my pockets. I give them a solid beating but killing is well overkill. Last time I was in the landing I had someone give me 1 coin, he stole it and I saw him so I opened the bloodgates with a wand. Then accused him of stealing. He went to jail and died heh.

longshot
09-27-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by GemstoneFan
Candor has been around a long time -- moved from Icemule to the Landing.

Personally I find him one of the most entertaining RP'ers in the game. He RP's a complete snert, but not like most 12 year old losers that can't do it right. You'll never see Candor do a warn interact or go crying to a GM like other baby snerts in GS.

He steals of course, BADLY :) and takes his lumps, slaps, gets killed, decays, and keeps on ticking. He livens up any town -- I think he's a blast, hehehe.

If he does this and doesn't warn and report, I think that's pretty cool. He obviously knows he has it coming.

If he jammed on the warn button, I'd have a real problem with it.

GemstoneFan
09-27-2003, 03:11 AM
Yup, that's what I respect about Candor. It's not easy to play an annoying thief that's actually amusing with the insults, gets killed and decays all the time, and doesn't go crying to the GM's or ever warn.

Candor: Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin

hahaha :D

Reyek
09-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Candor is cool as an RPer. but yea annoying. gotta give the guy credit for staying IC when he gets the beat down every few minutes.

Artha
09-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Candor is great, fool. He's annoying, and when people kill them, he doesn't become all bitchy. He takes his hits and keeps on trash talking, and he's not a whiny little bitch who warns and reports when you kill him.

Parkbandit
09-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
ROFL I have lost count of how many times I've killed Candor. I have a policy, if I catch you trying to get into my pockets, I will kill you (if I am able). I've never had any problem with him, though, because he RP's (yes he RP's a very annoying character but it *is* all IC) and he takes his licks when he has them coming.

Candor is a hack and an amateur.

:smug:

Parkbandit
09-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
He's fun but he is annoying. I don't kill people as soon as I see them dip into my pockets. I give them a solid beating but killing is well overkill. Last time I was in the landing I had someone give me 1 coin, he stole it and I saw him so I opened the bloodgates with a wand. Then accused him of stealing. He went to jail and died heh.

Son,

We need to have a talk about the way you treat thieves. :(

Parkbandit
09-27-2003, 09:52 AM
I'd rather have 100 Candors around me than one Haashek, Warclaidhm or Enormis. At least he understands the basic concept of roleplaying.

Soulpieced
09-27-2003, 12:38 PM
What's wrong with Enormis? I picked boxes for him all the time and he never seemed obnoxious or brought up anything about his name.

Landrion
09-27-2003, 12:42 PM
I give Candor credit, it takes a lot of skill to play a heel that people sit up and pay attention to.

Candor, hes good at it.

Parkbandit
09-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
What's wrong with Enormis? I picked boxes for him all the time and he never seemed obnoxious or brought up anything about his name.

It's a long story.. but the short of it is:

I roleplay Falgrin as the owner of the park. He constantly 'cleans' things there.. trash on the ground, dust on the statue, and ::cough:: loose change/gems in people's pockets.

Enormis has 'warned' Falgrin at least twice now that I know for the typical noob reasons of not being able to roleplay situations out..

About a month or so ago (I've been gone for a while due to RL stuff) he is sitting in Falgrin's park and notices Falgrin dragging off debris to maintain the clean park. Mind you, warn interaction dictates that he have no interaction with Falgrin. So what does the little snip do, but drag things back in.

Now.. I have absolutely no problem with him dragging stuff back in.. but when you do, you are interacting with my character and will be dealt with accordingly. So Falgrin takes out a small dagger and takes a swip at Enormis' leg (knowing he is a warrior with decent armor.. a scratch at the most).

Enormis then WARNs Falgrin again for either harassment or interaction.

Point is, he has shown zero ability to roleplay a situation out and hides behind the WARN verb.

And thus.. is on my list of idiots.