PDA

View Full Version : The Future of the BF (Please read before voting)

Parkbandit
07-03-2005, 04:23 PM
As end game approaches many of you.. we will begin to see a weakness that our guild has.. which is the lack of manpower to do the end game instances. I know we've talked about this in the past and it was shot down.. but we are presented with another opportunity to merge with an established guild that I believe we need to consider.

Here are the pros / cons of such a merger as a few of us see them:

PROS:
-We would be merging with a well respected guild with a good history (3rd guild on our server and mature)

-NEVER have to worry about ninja looters again since you could do all end game runs with guildmates. People would even PASS on gear and set pieces you need.

-We're stronger in numbers. The bigger the guild (as long as they're a mature bunch) the better.

-Guild groups of 10 for BG. Never worry about crappy pickup groups again if you don't want to. This will allow us to work on our team work as the Alliance have obviously done. I got smoked last night in BG 0-3. The Alliance characters SUCKED.. but they were working as a team from start to finish. Our team decided not to say a single word and all go head into the middle for HKs. Worst time I've had in WoW to date.

-UBRS takes 15 characters to run, and has the best gear in the game outside of Molton Core. It's tough to find a good 15 man group that doesn't have a ninja or a "Leroy" in the bunch. And I was once in this group where the leader changed the group to free for all during the battle with the boss and looted - HS'd out. In a guild full of guild members, that wouldn't happen and if it did, that individual would be kicked out.

-With a larger guild, we'd be able to recruit more skilled players from a larger base.

-Less reliance on our current guild tailors, blacksmiths, enchanters, leatherworkers, etc. I know some of you are constantly harassed by us for potions or enchantments or weapons. The more people in our guild.. the more we can help each other.

-They've got atleast 2 level 60 holy specced priests and 2 defensive specced tanks. We have none of these.

CONS:

-We'd lose the name The Barren Fury. But I'd like to stress that Brotherhood of the Beast is the THIRD guild created on our server. They are all for this merge, and are giving up much more history in losing their name, than we would in ours.

-Less familiarity with players... but since they seem to be a mature bunch, perhaps we can gain new friends.

Certainly.. we can go on like we are, but we would be losing some of our capped members pretty quickly because of our glaring issues at cap. One of the reasons I made Stabbed was because there were only 3 of us that were capped at the time. Level 60 comes pretty damn quick.. especially to some of you POWERHUNTING NON-ROLEPLAYERS (You know who you are) and part of the game's fun is centered around the end game instances and BG. My vision for BG would be to have 10 of us on a team with mics on Vent and be able to completely decimate the best alliance team out there. It's NOT about gear or single player capabilities.. it's ALL about the teamwork and execution of the plan. Timing. Those things are impossible to gain right now because we don't know who the other 5-7 players are when we get in there.

Thoughts?

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 04:30 PM
I am ofcourse, all for this. Scynd is their acting leader and a very good guy. Although he may be a little senile, I think he's almost PB's age.

We've tried recruiting in the past, and while we've added some solid new members that way, it's pretty clear it will be impossible to fill out our ranks by those means.

I like the Barren Fury name as well...but as PB points out, Brotherhood of the Beast has ALOT more history than we do. They are the third guild created on our server, and are very willing to go through with this merge and vote on possible new names.

I see nothing but good coming out of this. Worse comes to worst, we leave a few low level alts in The Barren Fury, and if people don't like the new guild, they can always return to TBF.

Parkbandit
07-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
I am ofcourse, all for this. Scynd is their acting leader and a very good guy. Although he may be a little senile, I think he's almost PB's age.

We've tried recruiting in the past, and while we've added some solid new members that way, it's pretty clear it will be impossible to fill out our ranks by those means.

I like the Barren Fury name as well...but as PB points out, Brotherhood of the Beast has ALOT more history than we do. They are the third guild created on our server, and are very willing to go through with this merge and vote on possible new names.

I see nothing but good coming out of this. Worse comes to worst, we leave a few low level alts in The Barren Fury, and if people don't like the new guild, they can always return to TBF.

I thought once the GuildMaster leaves the guild to join another, the guild ceases to exist. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that was the main sticking point the last time this came up. I am all for this merger and it would mean me giving up the GM role and control. No more Chief Beef!

But if it means a bigger, stronger guild that can actually DO things at cap.. then I am all for it.

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

I thought once the GuildMaster leaves the guild to join another, the guild ceases to exist. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that was the main sticking point the last time this came up. I am all for this merger and it would mean me giving up the GM role and control.

Nope, it passes the GM down to the next highest ranked person from what I understand. So make Dogo or whatever his name is an officer, and when the other officers all leave, he'll be the GM by default.

Nieninque
07-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Who else is in their guild?

Parkbandit
07-03-2005, 04:46 PM

I thought once the GuildMaster leaves the guild to join another, the guild ceases to exist. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that was the main sticking point the last time this came up. I am all for this merger and it would mean me giving up the GM role and control.

Nope, it passes the GM down to the next highest ranked person from what I understand. So make Dogo or whatever his name is an officer, and when the other officers all leave, he'll be the GM by default.

I KNEW YOU ALWAYS HATED DOGO. YOU DON'T WANT HIM IN THE NEW GUILD, DO YOU!

Artha
07-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm not really involved in TBF (and thus not voting), but that sounds like a pretty win-win deal to me.

crazymage
07-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm not up for it but I wont vote no I just dont think i'd join.

07-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Eh, it sounds like a good idea, but this is how I see it. It looks to me like this is just a way so everyone can have more people talking on guild chat, after all, why not just make a guild coalition or something?

How does this guild work? Who will be the leader? Do they pay attention to ranks? Basically, how badly do we lose our identity by getting dissolved into this new guild?

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that BF really seemed like a "PC" guild with the majority of the people being from the PC. I don't know if I'm exactly comfortable with losing that.

Also, how do we know for certain that this guild doesn't have a huge cock knocker population? Lastly, is this merger really for the guild as a whole or just the people at cap or approaching cap?

I don't think I could support a merger like this without a lot more information.

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
I'm not up for it but I wont vote no I just dont think i'd join.

Reasons?

Are you afraid someone may push you to level a character post level 50? ;)

Nieninque
07-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Thats my job...back off mister!

Edaarin
07-03-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry, I'm going to be needing more information.

crazymage
07-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Because if i wanted to guild with tons of people i dont know i wouldnt be on dunemaul.

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
How does this guild work? Who will be the leader? Do they pay attention to ranks? Basically, how badly do we lose our identity by getting dissolved into this new guild?

From what I know, the "Guildmaster" title would be arbitrary. We'd have a "council of elders" type thing, with a couple people from each guild forming the board to vote on things.

Ranks? I think we could brainstorm here, then pool our names/ideas and once again, this council would vote.

Guild identity? Do we really have one? I know we don't at the upper levels, aside from friends and aquaintances. And we wouldn't really be dissolving into their guild, we would be forming our guild. They're about the same size as we are.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that BF really seemed like a "PC" guild with the majority of the people being from the PC. I don't know if I'm exactly comfortable with losing that.

Why? We've recruited complete strangers into our guild before. Many people in our guild have never been to the PC before. I understand the idea of "keeping it in the family", but at some point we need to branch out if we want to do more things.

Also, how do we know for certain that this guild doesn't have a huge cock knocker population? Lastly, is this merger really for the guild as a whole or just the people at cap or approaching cap?

Their leaders are all adults. I assume they only allow mature type players into their guild. We can talk to Scynd, and I'll tell him flat out we don't want any cock holsters in our newly formed guild. So he can tell his people to keep it mature, or they won't be in the new guild for long.

Our 35-50 level player base has never 'raided' an instance before. One bad player, one ninja looter will really ruin an experience.

I really don't see too many CONS to this merger. I'm honestly intereted in hearing some legitimate ones.

07-03-2005, 05:13 PM
I just believe that we can do this ourselves and we don't need another guild just to get members. Also, just because a guild leader has adults running, that doesn't mean shitty members don't get in. We don't know if there won't be a ninja looter in their ranks either. Who knows?

Also, if ranks do mean something in this guild, the last thing I want is someone from another guild telling me what in the hell to do.

We'd also lose the flexibility of being small, mobile, and knowing each other and our fighting habits. I'm not sure if I want to join and become some mindless zerg guild. Also, do they change their name or do we only change ours.. I'm not all for being taken over by strangers.

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I just believe that we can do this ourselves and we don't need another guild just to get members.

Sure, your group of 5 level 40 somethings can do it on your own. You do realize, I was trying to put together a Strath Guild raid together for nearly two weeks and I said fuck it and went with Silthar, Kagg, 4 Onis and two BOCs last night.

Also, just because a guild leader has adults running, that doesn't mean shitty members don't get in. We don't know if there won't be a ninja looter in their ranks either. Who knows?

They have a very good reputation, and their guild leaders would not stand for this. I know they've kicked someone out for even borderline ninja looting.

Also, if ranks do mean something in this guild, the last thing I want is someone from another guild telling me what in the hell to do.

That won't happen. Come on now, who or how is anyone going to force you to do something?

I'm not sure if I want to join and become some mindless zerg guild.

I'm not sure how we'd become a mindless zerg guild. We currently have around 10-12 players on during peak times. So do they. Does 20-25 players spread out through 60 levels make us a zerg guild?

Also, do they change their name or do we only change ours.. I'm not all for being taken over by strangers.

- Arkans

As I said, we form a new guild, and we'd take ideas here for new names. Then the 'council' would vote on a new name. There would be no takeover, we'd still be in charge. Scynd is a very good guy, I've spent more hours in game with him than anyone except perhaps Sade or Keilum.

Keller
07-03-2005, 05:20 PM
For those of you who've never been 60 -- listen to Alorg.

Finding groups is a bitch -- especially for rogues and shaman.

Finding GOOD groups is nearly impossible as most good toons are snatched up by OC and BOC. Then they recruit only within guild and none of us get a chance to run instances with them.

I know Bayne has his patented /who 60 neededclass trick -- which we all use -- but that provides more headaches than anything else.

Doulbing our guild size, with a guild such as BotB which has all the classes we lack, is an ideal situation for those of us who are having a hard time playing the end game. I know there are a couple of you who routinely play with each other -- but for Keilum, Alorg, and I we lack the guild support to do just that.

Parkbandit
07-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I can speak for Arkans and say he is for it... since I am the Guild Master and he is nothing but the guild Toj.

Rank has it's rewards.

07-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I will refer you to my avatar at this time.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
07-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I will refer you to my avatar at this time.

- Arkans

HEHE!

Seriously though Arkans.. if you have any questions about this proposed merger.. post them or talk to me in game. I know you don't see it now.. but once little Arkans hits 60, you'll know what we are talking about.

CrystalTears
07-03-2005, 06:34 PM
I will go where my BF members go. As long as they stick around, I really don't mind what guild it is.

Initially I felt like Arkans, that I didn't want to lose the "PC" feel and keep it small and "intimate" for lack of a better word. But we also aren't that big and sometimes it would be nice to have other guild members to quest and hunt with and it not having to be the same people who would rather be doing something else.

I trust the rest of the guys who are for it, so I'm voting with them. Makes me sound like a follower, kinda, but I joined because I wanted to talk and be with them, regardless of which guild that may be.

Course now with the infamous nature we've gotten on the officials, you still wanna change? :lol:

07-03-2005, 06:41 PM
I'll be honest, the fact that I don't know anyone from this other guild is really making me think twice about it. How do we know we'll even work well together or our members will get along? Also, how will leadership work to determine the direction of the guild?

As it stands right now, members have an impact on guild directions and the feel of it all and I don't want to lose that to some council that may or may not have the same feelings on subjects that someone from TBF might have. It's a known problem when guilds get larger and it would really suck if the guild took on a whole new tone.

Either way, I'm not saying I agree to this merger or disagree with it, I just think everyone needs to be clear on everything before anything is done.

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I'll be honest, the fact that I don't know anyone from this other guild is really making me think twice about it. How do we know we'll even work well together or our members will get along?

As I said, we can leave a few alts in Barren Fury. If you/we/us don't like it, there's nothing preventing us from going back.

Littlefang has confirmed this worked. She said she was the newest guild member on a different server...and the whole guild up and left for a new server. She was made guildmaster and was the only one left in the guild.

Also, how will leadership work to determine the direction of the guild?

As it stands right now, members have an impact on guild directions and the feel of it all and I don't want to lose that to some council that may or may not have the same feelings on subjects that someone from TBF might have. [/quote]

This 'council of elders' idea will stay in force beyond the initial choosing of a name and rank. You'd have as much input then as you have now.

Trouble
07-03-2005, 08:28 PM
CONS:

-We'd lose the name The Barren Fury. But I'd like to stress that Brotherhood of the Beast is the THIRD guild created on our server. They are all for this merge, and are giving up much more history in losing their name, than we would in ours.

-Less familiarity with players... but since they seem to be a mature bunch, perhaps we can gain new friends.

Certainly.. we can go on like we are, but we would be losing some of our capped members pretty quickly because of our glaring issues at cap. One of the reasons I made Stabbed was because there were only 3 of us that were capped at the time. Level 60 comes pretty damn quick.. especially to some of you POWERHUNTING NON-ROLEPLAYERS (You know who you are) and part of the game's fun is centered around the end game instances and BG. My vision for BG would be to have 10 of us on a team with mics on Vent and be able to completely decimate the best alliance team out there. It's NOT about gear or single player capabilities.. it's ALL about the teamwork and execution of the plan. Timing. Those things are impossible to gain right now because we don't know who the other 5-7 players are when we get in there.

Thoughts?

Well, I'm so new that my vote shouldn't count, but I'll express my opinions anyway.

I would hate to lose the name. I know in the end a name is a mere mechanic, but until I actually played the game, I didn't even know there was an area called The Barrens, so once I played the name made a lot more sense.

I'm not too sure what ya mean by the power hunting comment, like if it was supposed to be sarcastic or something, because it seems like WoW is all about the powerhunt. I don't know if I've ever seen any RPing, but then again I've only been playing for like 2 weeks now. If you mean teamwork instead of RP, then I get ya.

Personally, I'd like to have more people in my age range to hunt with (I'm at 20 now), so merging could help with that.

Logically, all the points you state make perfect sense, so the I'd say go for it. At least BoB is a decent name, I've seen some real turdburglar names out there so far.

-Trouble (Dimar on Dunemaul, Barachado in GS4)

Parkbandit
07-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Yes I was being sarcasting.. kind of an inside joke I have with the rest of the JV team that has surpased Stabbed by levels.

And a name is just a name.. and the great part is that you will have a vote into what our new name will be.

Keller
07-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I say we just combine them ....

The Barren Brotherhood of Beastial Fury.

Tbbbf!

But seriously -- coming up with a new name could be fun!

The Korean
07-03-2005, 10:09 PM
*gives a big thumbs up for it*

I see absolutely no real negatives about this to worry about. I'll be sad to lose the guild name, but it's just a guild name. We'll still be around each other, with more people around to help out with things too.

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Arkans, if it makes you feel any better I was speaking Scynd and voiced that some of our members have issues with joining a group of people that are relatively unknown to them.

I said we're all mature players and don't want to put up with kiddie bullshit. I also stated (although I know it probably wouldn't bother Arkans) that we aren't big fans of "OMFG UR GAY HOMO FUCK ASS RAPE" type speech. He assured us none of the members are like that. He also said he has NO QUALMS kicking out any members of his guild that do this.

He simply said, a couple random midlevel players that could cause a problem won't stand in the way of our guilds merging. If any of us have a problem with any of their members, you simply have to voice it to the 'council' and we'll just vote them out, simple as that.

He said he'll speak to all of his guild beforehand and clarify this, but he assured me it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know what else you want, a guildleader that'll kick his current guild members if they offend us. :grin:

SnatchWrangler
07-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Also...it'd be nice that everyone that has voted would post that they have Voted AND which way they voted.

No need for a secret ballot here. And it'll be nice to a good majority voted so no one can say "Hey I didn't know about the vote."

So if you want to a post a quick "I voted yes because:" or "I think it's a bad idea I voted no because:" that'd be helpful.

Except for Dar. He's missing in action and his vote will be destroyed anyways.

[Edited on 7-4-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

Wezas
07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm not around much, but have no problems with a merger.

Sad to see the name go, though. Since it was partially my idea. :saint:

Hulkein
07-03-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll vote yes.

I talked with Alorg about this for like 5 minutes in game, and I'll say the same thing I said to him here.

I see you guys attempting to get end game instance raids at least once a week. The key word is attempting. It is always a long process of hoping someone comes at the time they planned, not having them show up, fucking around for an hour, then finally saying 'fuck it' and never accomplishing anything.

While I'm not capped yet, I will be soon, as will quite a few more of us. I don't want to be in that situation, and I feel bad when you guys end up trying to get a raid but not having enough people. It just seems annoying as hell.

Since these guys are supposed to be mature and all, I don't see any problem. We'll still know eachother and still free to talk to eachother in guild chat, so I say let's do it.

Xcalibur
07-04-2005, 12:08 AM
My guild of 100+ people merged 2 guilds...

Merging, in all honesty, divided people and created some tension among the guild.

Finally it disolved (when I sold my account, at least)..

Xcalibur that thinks merging is good when you are the biggest.

kheldarin
07-04-2005, 03:48 AM
I hardly play, but it sounds like a good idea.

Itachi
07-04-2005, 04:36 AM
If you guys are good enough to get this im all for it..

Nieninque
07-04-2005, 04:37 AM
I voted I need more info...but I trust Alorg's judgement and if Scynd is saying he will hoof people that fuck up or fuck about then that's good enough for me.

The worst case scenario is that we give it a go, if it doesnt work, we can come back to TBF. Otherwise we get to do the stuff we cant do now (i.e. end game instances for those that want to...less guilt trips for those of us that can't/don't) and work towards getting a guild that can field the majority of those needed for a MC or Onyxia type stuff.

Chyrain
07-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Sirs and Madams, I know I'm not in your guild and have no say in what you do, but...

I am in the top horde guild on another server and we've been running Ony and MC on farm status for a few weeks now and omg...

The game doesn't even get fun til you get there. Frustrating as all hell sometimes, but a blast always. If this gives you a chance to get keyed up for Ony and run Molten Core, I would do it in a heartbeat.

but I really just wanted to say that t shirt is fucking awesome. lol

[Edited on 7-4-2005 by Chyrain]

SnatchWrangler
07-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Chyrain
Sirs and Madams, I know I'm not in your guild and have no say in what you do, but...

I am in the top horde guild on another server and we've been running Ony and MC on farm status for a few weeks now and omg...

The game doesn't even get fun til you get there. Frustrating as all hell sometimes, but a blast always. If this gives you a chance to get keyed up for Ony and run Molten Core, I would do it in a heartbeat.

[Edited on 7-4-2005 by Chyrain]

Haha...I've got some friends in BOC, which is probably the pretty clear cut best Horde guild on our server.

They say MC is an awful tedious frustrating grind. They're there solely for the epic loot, and that's pretty much it. The most I can get out of them is "Well, some of the bosses are kinda fun...but that's it."

Might be the whole PvP server mentality though, sick of the computer controlled opponents.

I dont see us reaching that point any time soon...but I would like to try and give it a shot a few months down the road.

Lyonis
07-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Being someone who was never really an active participant in the PC I have a slightly different perspective. Aside from Sade, my only interaction with the rest of the guild is my time in WoW so I don’t have that community type of feel from the PC. All of you had a clean slate with me and have earned my admiration in the time I’ve been in the guild.

You are all selfless when it comes to loot, helpful with questions, and loads of fun to quest or gank with. If these guys are how Snatch describes them, I would certainly view them in the same light as I do the rest of you.

I rarely run instances because of the morons that I end up with in pick up groups. Some have been awesome but the bad ones unfortunately are the most memorable. If I didn’t have to worry about pick up groups and could do instances with the members of TBF, or those like us, I’d be pretty excited.

That’s my two cents and a yes vote.

Parkbandit
07-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Well.. it seems like the majority of our guild would like us to go through with this merger. I know there are two opposing votes.. (sorry Toj, I KNOW you don't want us to merge) that I hope will give this merger a chance because I would hate to lose anyone.

If there are no further questions today, I'll proceed with the merger as soon as possible.

Now.. let's hear your new name suggestions. I will throw out the first and best name so far:

Bayne's Milkmaidens.

The Korean
07-04-2005, 09:03 AM
And now a more serious title that I'll actually go by....

Brotherhood of the Barrens

CrystalTears
07-04-2005, 09:18 AM
If it has ANY cow references, I'm so not joining. :P

I like Korean's suggestion better.

Or maybe Beastial Brotherhood.

Nieninque
07-04-2005, 09:36 AM
I think it needs to be something completely different from both names.

some ideas

Spirit of the Damned
The Damned
Essence of the Damned
Wrath of Sylvanas
Desolation
The Scourge of Azeroth

Parkbandit
07-04-2005, 09:41 AM
* Fury of the Brotherhood

* Toj Gankfest

* No Stormers

* Wrath of the Barrens

* Bayne's Brotherhood

* The Barren Brothers

* Don't make us roll you

* Core Whorde

* The Barren Knights

* Barrenaked

* Seize the Day!

* Loot Ninjas

* Warsung Heros

Hulkein
07-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Brotherhood of the Barren Fury Minus Toj He Sucks, Krypton Sucks, GTFO We're Not Recruiting.

Keller
07-04-2005, 02:29 PM
I REALLY like Barrenaked.

Seriously.

Doyle Hargraves
07-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm on a different server where my guild mostly consisted of RL friends before we did the same type of merger.

If you want to do end game raids (especially Molten Core), this type of merger is almost necessary. It happens on every server, and happens in other MMORPGs (at least FFXI, I can't speak for other games except GS, which we all know has shit for endgame) that have good end game content.

After the merger, things aren't really that much different than they used to be, from a social standpoint. The biggest difference is that it's a LOT easier to find raid groups, as there's almost always guild raid groups forming. You might have to grab a couple of pickups to fill some holes like if there's no tanks on or something, but for the most part you'll find yourself raiding like crazy and racking up on loot in no time.

Over the past 2 or 3 days running instances I've walked away with a Rod of the Ogre Magi (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35933), Crimson Felt Hat (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37196), Chief Architect's Monocle (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4904), Dragon Rider Boots (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35927), Stormrager (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4895) (which is is actually a quest reward but you have to have a good raid group to kill the guy unless you form a MASSIVE zerg group), Magister's Leggings (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=23031), Magister's Robe (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=22064), Dustfeather Sash (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=16556), and Thuzadin Sash (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37193), and got my Onyxia key. Not bad for 2-3 days. Would have probably taken way longer to get all that with noob pickup groups.

You'll find a huge difference in efficiency between raiding as a guild and raiding in a pickup group. Most pickup groups tend to have noobs and/or ninjas in them, and the raid either takes forever to finish, or doesn't finish at all because people get tired of wiping every 2 pulls and leave because Sammy Shortbus can't follow instructions.

Being on Horde can make it even worse, since Horde population is usually much lower, which can make finding pickup groups even harder, especially good ones.

SnatchWrangler
07-04-2005, 02:46 PM
We had a ninja last night in our raid group. It was me, Kagg, Silthar, Lyeraof, and Scynd. Another guy (Erupt) that Scynd and I had instanced with a bunch and a couple of his guildmates. And then a random mage.

A random mage who ninja'd the dreadmist boots that fell off the first boss in Strath when we had 2 warlocks in the group. Yay...this will be fun.

So...I set it to master loot from then on out. Kagg manages to ninja the Key to the City anyways. :lol: We drop the Baron...and lo and behold...anyone wanna guess what drops? The mage set pants. Uh oh...of all the damn items. So...I tell whoever can use it to roll. Scynd points out to the mage "This is why you never roll on other pieces set pieces, so they don't roll on yours."

The warlock that got shafted rolls...a 26. Lyeraof (a priest) rolls a 21...

This isn't looking good. Well the mage is around trying to loot those random crates, and manages to get herself killed some where in the instance. We have to go rezz her, then she claims she wants the pants and she won. But when you /roll, if you're not close to the person, you don't see them. So I hadn't the faintest idea what she rolled.

I tell her to roll again...she rolls...a 6. Karma baby.

Anyways...we'll never have to deal with that once we merge.

Also...I'd love to know who the 3 other NO votes are. I asked if everyone would state their opinions either way, but it seems only crazymage made his NO vote clear.

07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Thought it over and voted "Yes"

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
07-04-2005, 02:52 PM
My only suggestion for a name is:

Dark Raiders of Kalimdor (D ROK for short)

I'll try and think of a few more...off to barbecue for now. :D

07-04-2005, 03:32 PM
I think we should have "clan" in it. The reason for this is in the original Warcraft games, the Horde is consisted of many different clans.. "Black Tooth Grin Clan" "Blackrock Clan" "Twilight Hammer Clan" "Warsong Clan" .. all these "clans" had their own "Chieftans" which were all lead by the "War Chief" and thus everything formed "The Horde"

I'll try to think of some names after and during lunch to go with that.

- Arkans

Keller
07-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I voted yes because I don't like Roselinda.

Nieninque
07-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Who is that?

07-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Shadow Moon Clan
Raging Fury Clan
Broken Arrow Clan
Shattered Tusk Clan

This is just for starters.

- Arkans

Doyle Hargraves
07-04-2005, 03:45 PM
You forgot Ku Klux Klan.

Keller
07-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Roselinda is the ninja mage Alorg refered to earlier.

Kagg and I just finished a run with a competent shaman. We need to work this merger out so I can start recruiting people again.

Theyesman
07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I know of a horde guild on a different server that was having these issues. They had grouped with another guild to kill Onyxia and clear up to magmadar in MC but the other group didn't feel comfortable playing a "Supporting role." They were moving for either a merge or to get 20/20 raids and our officers weren't comfortable with this.

They made the decision not to merge, and in about 4 weeks I've seen this guild struggling in size to consistently bring 25 members to a raid have full 40 man raids of recruits and members clear to Major Domo.

They are now the most accomplished horde guild on their server without any merges. Be jealous.

But a big part of it is getting a good core of accomplished 60's, having regular scheduled raiding times and letting people know you don't tolerate bullshit.

Edit to add:

Oh yeah, the only really hard fight for us was Geddon. Really need to be organized well to take that fucker down. 1 afk person or someone not paying attention can takeout a whole group :-(

But other than that, we took Garr down 3rd try, Shazzrah on the second, Golemagg and Sulfuron both on the second. All in all, to too bad I reckon.

Once you get the adds down in sulfuron he's a freakin pansy. Our tank sat down for the last minute of the fight and didn't lose aggro. This is not an exaggeration.

[Edited on 7-4-2005 by Theyesman]

Parkbandit
07-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Well, it's obvious that this merger has the overwhelming support of the guild members. In order to accomplish the merger, we need to have a name. Give me some feedback on the names proposed thus far and I'll post another poll to determine our favorite that I will bring to the other guild. Understand, they too will have their own ideas and suggestions.. so the poll does not necessarily mean that is the winning name.

AnticorRifling
07-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Everytime I see the title of this thread I think Parkbandit got a new Boy Friend.

Parkbandit
07-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Everytime I see the title of this thread I think Parkbandit got a new Boy Friend.

Someone's jealous.

Betheny
07-05-2005, 08:56 AM
If this were my guild, I'd be against it.

In 'mergers', one of the guild loses its identity, control, and everything they've worked for.

However, as your server and Argent Dawn are two completely different animals, and I play classes that get begged to come to pickup groups, I rarely have issues finding a group to complete an objective.

A good suggestion would really be to have a few powwows with guild members present.

And why would a merger be necessary? An alliance isn't possible? I know Tilartis runs a very successful alliance of guilds on Argent Dawn. They raid together, group together, and help each other out, all while maintaining their seperate identities.

Littlefang
07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Some names I came up with

Raging Storm
Beastial Fury
Horde Unleashed
Swirling Maelstorm Clan

LF

CrystalTears
07-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Raging Fury Clan and Beastial Fury Clan are my two favorites so far.

Tophal
07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I voted no. I think the current guild has character and a special identity within Dunemaul that you have all worked to create. I have to be honest, I take a certain pride in wearing TBF name when I'm roaming around. The fact that TBF stemmed from PC is also special to people here, including lurkers that read all this stuff and end up jumping into the game because of the chatter. The big push to merge guild is for the end game instances, which leaves any of us not near cap out of the fun.

Having said all that, I can appreciate the need to do it, and I know this would be a benefit to my character on Dunemaul later. I am not a very active member of TBF because of a capped character on another server that I mainly play, so I don't think that my vote should have much merit compared to others that mainly play on Dunemaul and TBF. Since Azzul left the guild, I'm not really supporting anyone in the guild except for Croh and Quainlo when we get on together and quest.

Also, just want to say that I appreciate all the hard work that PB and others put into the guild, and I like being a part of it, even if in a small way.

-Tophal (Lahpot)

crazymage
07-05-2005, 01:48 PM
i like alorgs name

Lobster
07-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I was in a guild that "merged" with a larger, more established guild. It didn't work. Of the 20 truly active members, only 4 went over to the new guild.

Why?
* some didn't like the idea of a large guild.
* some wanted a large guild, then didn't like it when they got in
* friends recruited them into another guild
* personality conflicts with the new leadership.
* going from being an officer to being a peon
* going from being valued in instances to being one of 10 of your class that is available.

Just because it was a miserable failure with my old guild doesn't mean it won't work. That being said, I doubt these issues are exceusive to the situation my guild was in.

Good luck

Trouble
07-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Here is what I have seen as far as suggested names go:

The Barren Brotherhood of Beastial Fury
Shadow Moon Clan
Raging Fury Clan
Broken Arrow Clan
Shattered Tusk Clan
Raging Storm
Beastial Fury
Horde Unleashed
Swirling Maelstorm Clan
Brotherhood of the Barrens
Beastial Brotherhood
Spirit of the Damned
The Damned
Essence of the Damned
Wrath of Sylvanas
Desolation
The Scourge of Azeroth
Fury of the Brotherhood
Toj Gankfest
No Stormers
Wrath of the Barrens
Bayne's Brotherhood
The Barren Brothers
Don't make us roll you
Core Whorde
The Barren Knights
Barrenaked
Seize the Day!
Loot Ninjas
Warsung Heros
Dark Raiders of Kalimdor (D ROK for short)

I omitted the ones that were part of the original games (apparently, I never played them), in case they were reserved or would be considered nerdy.

Of the ones above, I like Beastial Fury (Clan), and the Scourge of Azeroth.

One that I'd like to suggest is The Lost Souls or Lost Soul Clan.

07-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I didn't vote, but I guess I'm up for it if you guys need to join another guild to do instances.

I prefer the way we have it set up now, but that's probably because I've never had a problem finding a group for an instance/raid.

Parkbandit
07-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
I didn't vote, but I guess I'm up for it if you guys need to join another guild to do instances.

I prefer the way we have it set up now, but that's probably because I've never had a problem finding a group for an instance/raid.

Or because you never play anymore.

We took a vote and you were demoted to "Cow Pie Picker-upper". Congrats.

SnatchWrangler
07-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Or because you never play anymore.

We took a vote and you were demoted to "Cow Pie Picker-upper". Congrats.

Seriously...I hope you've just been on vacation or extremely busy lately.

Dar is no where to be seen, and Dippy may be slower at leveling than Maulorr. Maybe.

CrystalTears
07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Heh, wow. You guys are rough. God forbid they don't play constantly! Sheesh. So what that even I passed Dippy in levels. I still like the guy. Cut the man some slack! :P

[Edited on 7/6/2005 by CrystalTears]

07-06-2005, 11:44 AM
If I'm not there for a full day of gaming Lefallah constantly berates me and ruins my game :(

- Arkans

CrystalTears
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
So when is this merger taking place anyway?

Parkbandit
07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Waiting to see Scynd in game. I was hoping to talk to him last night.

My thoughts are that we would meet and discuss the transition steps to this merger as well as pick out our new name.

SnatchWrangler
07-06-2005, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by CrystalTears

Waiting to see Scynd in game. I was hoping to talk to him last night.

My thoughts are that we would meet and discuss the transition steps to this merger as well as pick out our new name.

I spoke to him awhile last night, he didn't realize we were this far along in deciding. His guild is ready whenever. I gave him the web address for him to check in and see the names we came up with.

It was funny...he said folks in his guild were suggesting names like "The Barren Brothers" "Barrens Brotherhood" "Brotherhood of the Barrens" type stuff too, heh.

Hopefully he pops in here today some time, I said we'd try and get talks about a name moving forward tonight, and try and get the formation of a new guild started and the beginning of the merge in motion over the next couple days.

07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
[Seriously...I hope you've just been on vacation or extremely busy lately.

Yeah, I've been at the beach a lot this summer. I should be around more often in the next week or so, so you've been warned.

07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
And I do find it a bit embarrassing that even CT is levelling faster than I do.

:blush:

CrystalTears
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Username Scynd (Send U2U) (Add to Buddies)
Registered 7/6/05 (0 messages per day)

:D

C'mon in and give us the scoop!

Littlefang
07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Scynd! Does that one guy ever quit flirting?

Only raid I been on where I said meet at the crossroads meaning where we were standing at a CROSSROADS and all the men took off for the city Crossroads. Wow I have tons of power!

LF

Nieninque
07-06-2005, 04:07 PM
If I'm not there for a full day of gaming Lefallah constantly berates me and ruins my game :(

- Arkans

Less posting, more grinding!!!11111

hup two three four

Parkbandit
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Littlefang
Hi Scynd! Does that one guy ever quit flirting?

Only raid I been on where I said meet at the crossroads meaning where we were standing at a CROSSROADS and all the men took off for the city Crossroads. Wow I have tons of power!

LF

All was not lost.. I was able to kick Kagg's ass repeatedly, which made me feel MUCH better.

Speaking of fights... I was in Winterspring last night grinding at the lake. Killed a mage twice, a rogue 3 times and a hunter twice. BUT.. the hunter was one of the better hunters I've ever faced. He killed me the first time, but I was engaged with a two mobs.. so it wasn't hard for him to aim shoot me and I went down.

But he had a pretty good way of hurting me. Usually when I face a hunter, I'm just charging him.. laughing all the way. He would drop a trap before engaging me, then aim shoot me and then start backing off as I charged. He would then feign, drop another trap and STUPID COW ME would run right smack into it. He actually almost killed me the last encounter we had. Thankfully, I was able to get off a good heal and a crit earthshock was all it took.

[Edited on 7-6-05 by Parkbandit]

SnatchWrangler
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
But he had a pretty good way of hurting me. Usually when I face a hunter, I'm just charging him.. laughing all the way. He would drop a trap before engaging me, then aim shoot me and then start backing off as I charged. He would then feign, drop another trap and STUPID COW ME would run right smack into it. He actually almost killed me the last encounter we had. Thankfully, I was able to get off a good heal and a crit earthshock was all it took.

Was it Jeraiya? I HATE him. He's blindly walked into my cheapshots almost as much as I've walked into his icetraps. I think we've got an unspoken rivalry, as I swear his cat is always following me around BG.

Btw...he won't be able to do that next patch (lay a second trap). Now when you're in combat...you'll stay in combat.

That means no gouge/blind and restealthing for rogues, and no disengage/drop trap in the middle of combat for hunters.

I have a feeling this is going to be a significant nerf for rogues...especially with how buggy being in/out of combat already is. I love when I die, and rezz at the GY in BG, then can't stealth because "You are in combat", yet I can't even see an alliance player on the map.

It's hell in Alterac Valley...you can be stuck in combat for 5 minutes at a time.

Parkbandit
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Was it Jeraiya? I HATE him. He's blindly walked into my cheapshots almost as much as I've walked into his icetraps. I think we've got an unspoken rivalry, as I swear his cat is always following me around BG.

Btw...he won't be able to do that next patch (lay a second trap). Now when you're in combat...you'll stay in combat.

That means no gouge/blind and restealthing for rogues, and no disengage/drop trap in the middle of combat for hunters.

I have a feeling this is going to be a significant nerf for rogues...especially with how buggy being in/out of combat already is. I love when I die, and rezz at the GY in BG, then can't stealth because "You are in combat", yet I can't even see an alliance player on the map.

It's hell in Alterac Valley...you can be stuck in combat for 5 minutes at a time.

It might have been. He had a white tiger.. forgot his name (like that's a surprise).

And I rarely ever use gouge/blind.. so I guess I never noticed it allows you to re-stealth. I have 3 opportunities in most fights to stealth.. which is usually more than enough. And if it's not, I always have my MIND CONTROL HAT! WEEEEE

SnatchWrangler
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
And I rarely ever use gouge/blind.. so I guess I never noticed it allows you to re-stealth. I have 3 opportunities in most fights to stealth.. which is usually more than enough. And if it's not, I always have my MIND CONTROL HAT! WEEEEE

Please please please go hide stealthed behind a pillar in Blackrock Mountain and MC human paladins into the lava below.

Please? I'll come watch, it'll be fun.

Parkbandit
07-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Please please please go hide stealthed behind a pillar in Blackrock Mountain and MC human paladins into the lava below.

Please? I'll come watch, it'll be fun.

If I was a priest.. I'd be using that spell all day. I have only tried it twice so far.. once on a rogue last night in Feralas and once on some Mob. I couldn't figure out how to control them.. they only changed color to green. I guess what happens is that I am stuck in position for 20 seconds and when I go to move, I am controlling them. I'm going to try it out tonight.. MC someone and shove him into some Mobs and watch the fun.

And with a 30 minute cool-down.. I can't use it too often.. which makes me sad.

SnatchWrangler
07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I'd love to know who these people who're voting NO are...

So far I've only seen 2-3 people speak up. The others that I know that haven't voted sounded like they were up for the merge when I spoke with them.

Anyone care to comment?

AnticorRifling
07-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Call it the War Claidhmore Consortium!

Some Rogue
07-06-2005, 06:25 PM
or the Anticor is a horse tit tumor Clan

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by Some Rogue]

Cow, Horse, whatever

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by Some Rogue]

crazymage
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
I change my vote to yes if people are unhappy at end game then we should atleast try it to see how it goes.

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 12:42 AM
I change my vote to yes if people are unhappy at end game then we should atleast try it to see how it goes.

Cool, was hoping you would. Viktor has the potential to be one spoiled mage. (I'm pretty sure they don't have any capped ones.)

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I'd love to know who these people who're voting NO are...

So far I've only seen 2-3 people speak up. The others that I know that haven't voted sounded like they were up for the merge when I spoke with them.

Anyone care to comment?

As with any poll... you don't always get the people voting who you want feedback from. Here is a list of people who voted (Doesn't say which way).. but I know that some are not even in the guild.

Parkbandit
Nieninque
SnatchWrangler
Keller
crazymage
Skeeter
CrystalTears
Atlanteax
Nakiro
GS3 Michiko
The Korean
DeV
Hulkein
SpunGirl
theotherjohn
kheldarin
Lyonis
Kuyuk
sellout
Arkans
Theyesman
Littlefang
Tophal
Lobster
Snapp
Elrodin
Terminator X
Tea & Strumpets
Keilum

Nieninque
07-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Viktor voted twice then

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Viktor voted twice then

Good to see you are ok Nien.

Nieninque
07-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm fine.
Everywhere is on panic alert, but we are fine.

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Hello Guys,

I’d like to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Scynd, a level 60 warrior 300/300 weapon-smith/miner from Brotherhood of the Beast.

I’ve read your responses in regards to the merger and think you guys have some really good concerns. I can appreciate those concerns and assure you that our mentality and end game goals are very similar to your own.

We do have several members yes, however most people share the same interests you have expressed in terms of a close knit guild. To be honest I chose your guild for this very reason.

Brotherhood of the Beast is slowly dieing off as our original core player base has explored other avenues outside of World of Warcraft. Many have moved to Guild Wars and seem to be content there.

As Alorg mentioned, we would establish a council to ensure the stability of the guild. I agree that whoever is chosen to be GM would simply have a title, but would not have power over the council.

I have spoken with my guild mates and touched on the maturity part that you fear, however I honestly think that we will not have a problem in that department. EVERY guild has a few members that you refer to as “cock knockers”, however I promise that any and all issues can be voted on with the result of a player being removed.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and look forward to working with you in the future.

HarmNone
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't play WoW, Skynd; however, I'd like to welcome you to The GemStone IV Players' Corner, Wow contingent. Welcome aboard! :clap:

CrystalTears
07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
It may only be his first post, but it was a well thought out one, and it makes me feel that much more assured about the merger.

Thanks for joining us here and giving your input, Scynd. Very appreciated. :)

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Scynd-
EVERY guild has a few members that you refer to as “cock knockers"

We spell it differently in our guild. We spell it A-r-k-a-n-s.

Seriously though.. welcome to the PC Scynd. I look forward to working with you to join our two guilds.

-Bayne :cow:

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Glad you were finally able to get your password for the PC Scynd. :lol:

So c'mon guys...fire questions at him, he should be well prepared. Let's get this moving, hopefully we can clarify any outstanding issues tonight, and get set on a new guild name. (And with time to spare to finish off my UBRS key. ;) )

-Alorg

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Yes Alorg,

It's too bad we couldn't have gotten it last night.

I'd like to get this done and possibly shoot for UBRS as our first guild only run... I think we have enough classes to do it without any pick ups.

By the way, those of us in the guild like the name Dark Raiders of Kalimdor, however are leaning towards just Dark Raiders.

Hey at least we are compromising.
;)

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Scynd-]

Littlefang
07-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Hi Scynd again! Let me just say I enjoyed my one outting with your group. And am impressed with your interest in our concerns here that is a great start.

LF

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
By the way, those of us in the guild like the name Dark Raiders of Kalimdor, however are leaning towards just Dark Raiders.

;)

Is that simply because of the length of the name?

The only issue I have with only 'Dark Raiders' or 'The Dark Raiders' is it just seems too ambiguous. I think it sounds better if it's more descriptive.

There aren't any Horde guilds that represent a region or location besides the very small East Durotar Trading Co. guild on our server.

Also...if it's just Dark Raiders, we couldn't go by D RoK. Not that I care that much for abbreviations, but, I think that's a good one. :yes:

Trouble
07-07-2005, 11:30 AM
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and look forward to working with you in the future.

Hello Scynd, and welcome to the PC.

Although I've played the other game that brought most of us to the PC for lots of years, I've only been playing WoW for about 3 or 4 weeks. So my concerns are that of a relative newbie....

I was wondering how many people you had in the guild that have characters in the 20's and 30's and that actually play them? Do you have a wild guess as to the demographics of your guild?

My main concern in joining any guild is whether people are tolerant of people who are still learning the game or not. I knew that by joining a guild with lots of current/former GS players, we'd have a common bond and frame of reference. I was sure they'd be willing to help me out and be okay if I screwed up once in a while.

For example, I have a level 22nd level priest (one of only two chars I have and the other one is a level 12 priest on a different server). As is usual with priests, for the first 15-18 levels all I did was hunt, now I'm learning the role of a healer. Most of the other level 20-somethings I meet in game have raised other characters and have much more experience in WoW than I have. I haven't had any real issues with it yet, because I usually tell people I'm new at it ahead of time, but it's a concern of mine that the people I (hopefully will) spend the majority of my time with are cool about dealing with someone who is still on the learning curve.

Thanks for working with us on this and I'm sure it will work out to our mutual benefit.

-Trouble (Dimar on Dunemaul)

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 11:52 AM

;)

Is that simply because of the length of the name?

The only issue I have with only 'Dark Raiders' or 'The Dark Raiders' is it just seems too ambiguous. I think it sounds better if it's more descriptive.

There aren't any Horde guilds that represent a region or location besides the very small East Durotar Trading Co. guild on our server.

Also...if it's just Dark Raiders, we couldn't go by D RoK. Not that I care that much for abbreviations, but, I think that's a good one. :yes:

Yes to be honest several of our members were hoping for single word guild name.

We have had a long name for a very long time and seem to like the idea of a smaller guild name for various reasons.

I can see you reasons behind wanting it more specific, however it has exactly the same number of characters and would be just as long as our current name, which has been unattractive to several members since it was created.

07-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Changing my vote to "No"

Fuck Brotherhood of the Beast, get their quest and just run off and let the rest of their group get slaughtered by elite mobs. Hell no, I don't support this merger anymore.

- Arkans

Nieninque
07-07-2005, 11:59 AM
who was that?

07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Darkpants and Sobeatus. Two huge fucking dicks that totally blew off a group. I feel like an idiot for extending a "helping hand" and trying to show friendliness between the two guilds by giving one of them some wildvane drops I found.

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
nm

That was the clarification I was looking for...
:(

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

07-07-2005, 12:06 PM
For more clarity, this is what happened:

I was doing some quests out and Hinterlands and I hear them advertising for Jintha. Awesome, the run got fucked up last time after some dude Leroyed through it so I was like, "Sure, I'll go"

I get a summon and notice that these two are from Brotherhood of the Beast, hey, a chance to do some quests with people that will eventually be in the guild. I tell them where I stand on the quests (mostly done with all of them) and I ask them if we're doing these two. They say, "Yep, right after the priestess is saved"

Anyway, we get the key for them (Heh, I already had it) and they go, aggro a ton of mobs, free the priestess and then haul ass out of there leaving the rest of the group to die. Fuck this guild, I want no part of it if they have these types of jokers.

- Arkans

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Trouble

Hello Scynd, and welcome to the PC.

Although I've played the other game that brought most of us to the PC for lots of years, I've only been playing WoW for about 3 or 4 weeks. So my concerns are that of a relative newbie....

I was wondering how many people you had in the guild that have characters in the 20's and 30's and that actually play them? Do you have a wild guess as to the demographics of your guild?

My main concern in joining any guild is whether people are tolerant of people who are still learning the game or not. I knew that by joining a guild with lots of current/former GS players, we'd have a common bond and frame of reference. I was sure they'd be willing to help me out and be okay if I screwed up once in a while.

For example, I have a level 22nd level priest (one of only two chars I have and the other one is a level 12 priest on a different server). As is usual with priests, for the first 15-18 levels all I did was hunt, now I'm learning the role of a healer. Most of the other level 20-somethings I meet in game have raised other characters and have much more experience in WoW than I have. I haven't had any real issues with it yet, because I usually tell people I'm new at it ahead of time, but it's a concern of mine that the people I (hopefully will) spend the majority of my time with are cool about dealing with someone who is still on the learning curve.

Thanks for working with us on this and I'm sure it will work out to our mutual benefit.

-Trouble (Dimar on Dunemaul)

Hi there Trouble,

Here are some general answers to your questions:

Trouble asks: “I was wondering how many people you had in the guild that have characters in the 20's and 30's and that actually play them? Do you have a wild guess as to the demographics of your guild?”

We currently have several members (10-15 or so) whom are around the level you mentioned. We also have a few alts that are not included in that number whom are also around that level.

Trouble asks: “My main concern in joining any guild is whether people are tolerant of people who are still learning the game or not. I knew that by joining a guild with lots of current/former GS players, we'd have a common bond and frame of reference. I was sure they'd be willing to help me out and be okay if I screwed up once in a while.”

Good question. While my current guild generally doesn’t run lower level members through low end instances, we feel there are adequate players that can group together and over come most of the early game content. We do craft/enchant/answer questions for our lower level members and certainly come to their aid if needed. (Extreme corpse camping, etc) When speaking of “screwing a few things up” we certainly have patience and normally laugh it off. There is NEVER a problem with helping a player overcome an obstacle or getting a better understanding of the situation.

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
For more clarity, this is what happened:

I was doing some quests out and Hinterlands and I hear them advertising for Jintha. Awesome, the run got fucked up last time after some dude Leroyed through it so I was like, "Sure, I'll go"

I get a summon and notice that these two are from Brotherhood of the Beast, hey, a chance to do some quests with people that will eventually be in the guild. I tell them where I stand on the quests (mostly done with all of them) and I ask them if we're doing these two. They say, "Yep, right after the priestess is saved"

Anyway, we get the key for them (Heh, I already had it) and they go, aggro a ton of mobs, free the priestess and then haul ass out of there leaving the rest of the group to die. Fuck this guild, I want no part of it if they have these types of jokers.

- Arkans

Two players certainly do not represent an entire guild.

I'll certainly bring this issue up with the two members you speak of about this behavior as I will not stand for it.

I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and will take action on said players.

07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
No, it's not representative of a guild as a whole, but it does get me wondering after I was told on these boards that:

1. Brotherhood of the Beast is a "smaller" guild

2. All guild leaders are mature, thus implore mature and good members.

3. That you guys have a low tolerance and how a "borderline" ninja was kicked out.

If this is a selective small guild, I'm wondering how this "fell through the cracks" I'd under this happening in a larger guild like Onibatsu and Black Ogre, but one of this size?

- Arkans

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Furthermore- while I understand you are upset, I disagree with comments like, "Fuck Brotherhood of the Beast" and "Fuck this guild" as you are disrespecting other members that had no part in this situation.

Trouble
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Fuck this guild, I want no part of it if they have these types of jokers.

The irony is that they're probably thinking the same thing of us seeing how you overreacted to the bad behavior of two people. You've already seen others post on how things went well with their initial experiences with the Brotherhood.

With that said though, it does seem unusually stupid for a member of their guild to do something like that in a group with a BF member in it, knowing the merger is in the works.

This is a chance to see if the guild self-regulation mechanism works or not.

07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Disagree all you want, but if this is the standard you guys accept then my statements stand. People from this guild can tell you I'm on of the more tolerant and more laid back members, but this REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.

- Arkans

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 12:29 PM
No, it's not representative of a guild as a whole, but it does get me wondering after I was told on these boards that:

1. Brotherhood of the Beast is a "smaller" guild

2. All guild leaders are mature, thus implore mature and good members.

3. That you guys have a low tolerance and how a "borderline" ninja was kicked out.

If this is a selective small guild, I'm wondering how this "fell through the cracks" I'd under this happening in a larger guild like Onibatsu and Black Ogre, but one of this size?

- Arkans

Again I apologize about this situation.

I also apologize if you were misinformed of the number of players we house. There are 110 members, however only 60-70 are active. So in all fairness it’s not a small guild, but certainly is compared to the others you mentioned.

Our leaders are very mature and the players you speak of are not even officers. I certainly cant hold everyone’s hand along the way to make sure things like this don’t happen, however now that I’m informed, I’ll take appropriate actions when I can log in-game this evening.

07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Arkans is such a tattletale! :D

Does your guild have a lot of tolerance for bad cow jokes, Scynd?

07-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Now with the size of guild more accurately known to me, I'm really starting to look at this in a bad light. You're going to tell me that with a guild of this size the The Barren Fury is going to have an equal say? Pretty damn near impossible for me to support this.

- Arkans

HarmNone
07-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I'll certainly bring this issue up with the two members you speak of about this behavior as I will not stand for it.

I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and will take action on said players.

While I'm not a guild member, and am not involved with WoW, I'd say that's a pretty positive response to your complaint, Arkans. Why not wait and see what is done about this problem? This may well have been nothing more than problems being purposefully caused by two members who aren't overly fond of the idea of a merger. Give Skynd a chance to deal with them. It certainly sounds like he's of a mind to do so.

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Now with the size of guild more accurately known to me, I'm really starting to look at this in a bad light. You're going to tell me that with a guild of this size the The Barren Fury is going to have an equal say? Pretty damn near impossible for me to support this.

- Arkans

Well, with an equal number of reps in the council from BotB and TBF, yes, people will have an equal say.

You're seeing this from your own little world of "I have 7 guild members in my age range so putting together a group of 3-4 to quest with is easy".

In 2 months from now you'd be pining of the decision of doing exactly what we're discussing now, or leaving TBF to find a new guild to provide new adventures.

07-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Why on earth would I want to group with people that just run out and let entire groups get killed when their own means are met? I realize that it is a risk while grouping with randoms, but BoB shouldn't be considered random.

- Arkans

07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I am giving him a chance, that's why I'm not pulling a Toj and going, "OMFG MERGER IS RUINNNING FUNZ I R ALLIANCE ZERGT RAORA!"

As it stands right now, nothing has been done, and thus I can't support a merger. If something is done, well, I can easily reconsider my current opinion, I'm just bringing my dislike for this current situation to light just so other members are aware of whats going on.

- Arkans

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 01:55 PM

- Arkans

Arkans,

I’ve honestly been under the assumption that your guild is only slightly smaller than ours.

In reviewing the numbers I just blurted out, I failed to recognize that it includes another smaller guild known as Legion of Loyalty whom recently joined Brotherhood to partake in the merger. These players, Darkpants and Sobe were part of Legion of Loyalty and its possible that they are not the right match for our new guild.

There will be road bumps along that way that will need to be fine tuned. I never said we were a perfect guild.

The idea that has been set in place for the council would be two representatives from each of the guilds merging, to ensure that everyone has an equal say.

I honestly think I speak for all the original members of Brotherhood of the Beast when stating that we are fair & friendly players that would never make others feel inferior.

With that being said, I truly hope you can see past your recent experience and give me an opportunity to speak with them before making up your mind.

Thanks for listening.

crazymage
07-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Arkans cut him some slack we've had some twits in our guild to. Bayne..Dar

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Why on earth would I want to group with people that just run out and let entire groups get killed when their own means are met? I realize that it is a risk while grouping with randoms, but BoB shouldn't be considered random.

- Arkans

I'm just curious...cuz I gotta ask...

What exactly did they do? Run in circles aggroing mobs and train them back at you and whoever else was with you?

Because if they aggro ANYTHING, the aggro will be 100% on them unless you attack the mobs or heal them.

Not sure if you ever even realized this, but this is widely known (and utilized) in end game instances.

If I walk up to a group of mobs and sap one, and improved sap fails, I know to stand there or run away from my group and just die on my own (preferably in the view/range of a rezzer). And they know not to heal me or help me out. Because as soon as the mobs kill me, they go back to passive. If even one person heals me, the mobs will go after the healer next.

Just curious...because there's completely different levels of how you were screwed over here depending on exactly what they did. (I've seen ninja looters or pissed off instance members leave the raid, run around and aggro mobs, and purposely train them back to the group trying to wipe everyone before hearthing out.)

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM

Should we bring Sota over into the new guild?

Sota: "Hi everyone this is Sota."
Alorg: "What's up Sota."
Sota: "Hi Alorg this is Sota."
Sota: "Is Alorg online, I have a question?"

I miss that little guy and his comic relief...

07-07-2005, 02:03 PM
We were coming out of the cave with the key to release the priestess. They ran out first (the warrior) and the druid stood back. The rest of the group began to engage at the same time. During the time, both of them ran up to the alter, turned in the quest. The warrior said, "Gotta go" got himself killed and then said, "I'm rezzing at the graveyard." The rest of us were slaughtered shortly after.

- Arkans

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 02:04 PM
I am giving him a chance, that's why I'm not pulling a Toj and going, "OMFG MERGER IS RUINNNING FUNZ I R ALLIANCE ZERGT RAORA!"

As it stands right now, nothing has been done, and thus I can't support a merger. If something is done, well, I can easily reconsider my current opinion, I'm just bringing my dislike for this current situation to light just so other members are aware of whats going on.

- Arkans

Unfortunately I work during the day and can’t really take action until I get in-game… Nothing is done at the moment no; something will be done as soon as I can speak with these players.

I’m not happy with them at all, so please don’t feel that I’m defending them, I’m simply defending your accusations that our guild reflects or supports these actions.

After stating that you gave them some materials in good faith of the merger, I’m even more upset and will not take this lightly.

07-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, I'll admit to saying that "fuck the Brotherhood" and "fuck the merger" was a bit in anger. I apologize for that. At this time though, I cannot support the merger. That does not mean I will not change my mind. In fact, I think this is an excellent opportunity to see how you guys deal with these types of situations.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:06 PM
First of all Arkans, you need to relax and maybe take a page out of Scynd's book. He listened to your objections and the experience you had last night with his guild members and gave you a pretty damn good response back.

I think we ALL will need to make sure we relax a little once this merger takes place. I know that sometimes we can all be hypersensitive and I am asking that before we fly off the handle, that we maybe count to 10 and give our new guild members an opportunity. We all joke around and get along great.. but it's because we know each other. We know when I am saying "ARKANS IS NOTHING BUT A COCKSMOKING MOTHER FUCKER" that I am not really being serious about it. We laugh about it, but to a stranger, I'm probably looked at like an asshole.

Regarding your experience last night Arkans.. give Scynd an opportunity to look into it. 2 guild members does not a bad guild make. Hell.. Toj and Koth used to be in our guild.. what if everyone judged our entire guild by the actions of just those 2.

And finally, your concern about BotB not being a "small" guild. Sorry to burst your bubble.. but at 88 members.. we are tiny. 101 is also considered rather small.. especially if they only have 50-60 active members. I'm sorry if you felt mislead, but to me our combined guild with about 100 active members will be a pretty good sized guild, but not considered medium or large. We'll still be a close knit small guild.

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM

That hurts.

Way to make a cow cry.

:sniffle::cow:

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Does your guild have a lot of tolerance for bad cow jokes, Scynd?

One of the guild rules I will insist upon is that all Tauren are to be loved and revered. Like Gods. Anyone who does not comply will be forced to play an ugly ass orc shaman that has trouble getting up 1 level to 60.

07-07-2005, 02:17 PM

Anyone who does not comply will be forced to play an ugly ass orc shaman that has trouble getting up 1 level to 60.

That was uncalled for and you are setting a horrible example. :fu:

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Anyone who does not comply will be forced to play an ugly ass orc shaman that has trouble getting up 1 level to 60.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn Dar...just get there already and end the madness.

Remember like 2-3 months ago when Dar was the highest level guildie at like level 53?

theotherjohn
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Hell.. Toj and Koth used to be in our guild.. what if everyone judged our entire guild by the actions of just those 2.

your guild is a failure and must join with another guild to endgame.

My guild has more active members than TBF and it is less than two months old.

So yeah judge me by my actions

crazymage
Viktors gonna beat him to 60!

Scynd-
Well in all honestly I went on a Stratholme raid with your members (and some pick ups) and there was some minor looting situations that came up that we frown upon in our guild… such as healer classes rolling for items they can’t use and looting of a key that should have been rolled on… ( I know it was an accident :D)

Now I see no reason to point fingers at anyone here as I look at this as an opportunity to improve. In time, these practices will be fine tuned to better suit us all as a whole.

In regards to your complaint, I’d like to get more information to determine if it was done deliberately or done with a valid reason, using the wrong methods.

As its sounds, what they did is something unacceptable. While I can’t promise that these players will be removed from the guild, I can promise that I will take actions to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.:grin::grin:

07-07-2005, 02:22 PM
It's easy to attract half-wits, but I digress, you have the number advantage on us. Why not have a schedualed guild vs. guild skirmish?

- Arkans

07-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't want possibly good members that had a fuck up removed from a guild at all. What I personally want to see is that it is said and insured that all members (on both sides) are aware that these types of actions will not be tolerated.

I have been reassured by your posts here, really I have, and has made me reconsider my past comments. I think maybe to avoid these types of problems in the future we should maybe have a guild meeting or something to get to know each other.

- Arkans

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Well I take that back, if they say "Yeah we just ditched em because the group sucked" then yes, they are gone.

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Arkans just wants first dibs on your female characters.. don't let him fool you.

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Well in all honestly I went on a Stratholme raid with your members (and some pick ups) and there was some minor looting situations that came up that we frown upon in our guild… such as healer classes rolling for items they can’t use and looting of a key that should have been rolled on… ( I know it was an accident :D)

Let's see..

I went with you.

I was a healing shaman.

SCYND IS CALLING POOR BAYNE A FUCKING NINJA!?!

That's it. Merger off. I can't take this type of treatment. Cows should be loved.

Hey, no reason to complain Stabbed, you still got first dibs on all the male characters. :P

- Arkans

Scynd-
I don't want possibly good members that had a fuck up removed from a guild at all. What I personally want to see is that it is said and insured that all members (on both sides) are aware that these types of actions will not be tolerated.

I have been reassured by your posts here, really I have, and has made me reconsider my past comments. I think maybe to avoid these types of problems in the future we should maybe have a guild meeting or something to get to know each other.

- Arkans

That is a great suggestion and we have started some guild meetings in a private channel which I would like to extend to everyone for a “get together” as you proposed. :thumbsup:

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM

Let's see..

I went with you.

I was a healing shaman.

That's it. Merger off. I can't take this type of treatment. Cows should be loved.

Leave it to me to blow everything :lol:

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey, no reason to complain Stabbed, you still got first dibs on all the male characters. :P

- Arkans

pwned. :sniffle:

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM

I bitched out Kagg in guild chat for the key, although as he said to me, it was late, and he assumed it was one of those "everyone can pick up" quest items. He said he didn't see that I said "roll for the key". Just that if anyone needed it.

Also, I think you're off on the healer rolling on something he can't use thing. My conversations with Erupt (he's not from either guild, but a friend of mine and Scynd's that runs another small guild), Erupt was angry that Lyeraof (a priest) rolled on Dreadmist boots.

I said to Erupt, Lyeraof is new to raids. He doesn't have any set pieces. He also hasn't played much lately, and I don't think he's familiar with thottbot and such. He saw cloth boots that were +INT, +SPI, and +STA (which are consequently the same stat bonuses for devout priest set). Erupt acknowledged that, and I partly felt responsible because I didn't explain things to Lyeraof before (he hasn't been around much lately, and that was the first end game instance I've done with him.)

Thankfully the point was moot because the unguilded mage ninja'd them first. :rolleyes:

Littlefang
07-07-2005, 02:41 PM
One of the guild rules I will insist upon is that all Tauren are to be loved and revered. Like Gods. Anyone who does not comply will be forced to play an ugly ass orc shaman that has trouble getting up 1 level to 60.

I so agree Cows should be revered and loved and well just worshiped in general instead of trying to drown them while pansy undead people dance around in circles underwater!!!!

On another note Dar better hurry if I beat you to 60 well the embarrasement will be too terrible to stand.

LF

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Let's see..

I went with you.

I was a healing shaman.

I think Bayne really is going senile. You were not on this raid. It was me, Silthar, Kagg, Lyeraof, Erupt and two of his guildies, Scynd, the unguilded ninja mage, and a Band of Brothers shaman.

You're thinking of Scholo the other night Bayne, and Scynd wasn't there. That was with Erupt and Co.

Parkbandit
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Let's see..

I went with you.

I was a healing shaman.

I think Bayne really is going senile. You were not on this raid. It was me, Silthar, Kagg, Lyeraof, Erupt and two of his guildies, Scynd, the unguilded ninja mage, and a Band of Brothers shaman.

You're thinking of Scholo the other night Bayne, and Scynd wasn't there. That was with Erupt and Co.

Whew.

Merger is back on.

I hope Scynd is going to send you a thankyou basket of some sort.

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 03:00 PM
"Also, I think you're off on the healer rolling on something he can't use thing. My conversations with Erupt (he's not from either guild, but a friend of mine and Scynd's that runs another small guild), Erupt was angry that Lyeraof (a priest) rolled on Dreadmist boots."

As I recall, you specifically asked if he would be using the bone slicing hatchet that was rolled on. :D

I can relate to his reasons for rolling on items in an instance as we all have done it at one time or another, I’m just pointing out that fine tuning these types of things will enhance all of our experiences as a whole.

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
"Also, I think you're off on the healer rolling on something he can't use thing. My conversations with Erupt (he's not from either guild, but a friend of mine and Scynd's that runs another small guild), Erupt was angry that Lyeraof (a priest) rolled on Dreadmist boots."

As I recall, you specifically asked if he would be using the bone slicing hatchet that was rolled on. :D

Shit...I forgot about that. I was around 5:30am my time at that point...

Thankfully it was on Master Loot at that point...so he could roll to his little hearts content. The only one that would have got that axe other than Kagg was if you'd have chosen to roll on it and beat him. :grin:

edit: Wait...did we have another warrior on that run? I'm blaming it all on the fact that the sun was coming up and I was still awake. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

Scynd-
07-07-2005, 03:08 PM

Shit...I forgot about that. I was around 5:30am my time at that point...

Thankfully it was on Master Loot at that point...so he could roll to his little hearts content. The only one that would have got that axe other than Kagg was if you'd have chosen to roll on it and beat him. :grin:

Since I have one of my own I felt it would have been better off with someone who needed it. ;)

Edit: spelling error

DeV
07-07-2005, 03:12 PM
As with any poll... you don't always get the people voting who you want feedback from. Here is a list of people who voted (Doesn't say which way).. but I know that some are not even in the guild.

I know I haven't been around in a long ass time and wasn't really much of a benefit to the guild initially. However, I will be coming back soon and I'm hoping the guild still has a place for my character once I do reactivate. (within the next month or so, I'll shoot you a u2u, PB)

That's part of the reason I voted yes. :)

More members also means a greater ability to not hunt solo, especially at younger levels, unless it's necessary.

crazymage
07-07-2005, 03:16 PM
chics are always welcome back if we need room we'll kick out arkans.

07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
This is what happens when you don't sleep with Viktor. Be careful guys!

- Arkans

Trouble
07-07-2005, 03:56 PM
I can relate to his reasons for rolling on items in an instance as we all have done it at one time or another, I’m just pointing out that fine tuning these types of things will enhance all of our experiences as a whole.

I've picked up the wrong loot myself in the one or two instances I've done (ragefire chasm and wailing caverns) where the rolling thing pops up in the middle of a fight and I click on roll just to get it out of the way. I got yelled at for rolling on it later (I didn't even know what it was until the guy yelled at me) so I gave the guy the item that I got. Once I get used to things and don't panic when something pops up mid-battle, I'll be better with that type of error. I was lucky that the items were only bind on equip and opposed to bind on pickup.

I use that EquipCompare UI thing now and I tell ya that thing is great to see if something is worth rolling on or picking up.

theotherjohn
07-07-2005, 03:59 PM
[quote]

I've picked up the wrong loot myself in the one or two instances I've done (ragefire chasm and wailing caverns) where the rolling thing pops up in the middle of a fight and I click on roll just to get it out of the way.

perhaps the rule of not searching creatures until all are dead should be enforced but hey what do I know

whorde do things different

SnatchWrangler
07-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I've picked up the wrong loot myself in the one or two instances I've done (ragefire chasm and wailing caverns) where the rolling thing pops up in the middle of a fight and I click on roll just to get it out of the way. I got yelled at for rolling on it later (I didn't even know what it was until the guy yelled at me) so I gave the guy the item that I got. Once I get used to things and don't panic when something pops up mid-battle, I'll be better with that type of error. I was lucky that the items were only bind on equip and opposed to bind on pickup.

Not your fault there. Frankly, once you hit around level 40, all BoE items are 9 times out of 10 free roll (unless it's something class specific, and that player of that class present doesn't have it yet). Then if someone happens to need that BoE item you won, you should pass it over to them.

And people battle looting are typically morons or do it by accident. If anyone battle loots whether on purpose or by accident, I will always click the roll as you said, to get it out of the way. I think I share most peoples sentiments in this.

07-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Spoke with Darkpants just now and got it worked out. Was really impressed how he handled himself and can honestly say there is integrety in Brothood of the Beast and I definately was a bit hastey with my initial comments. If this is a sign on how the average member conducts himself then I give my full and utter support for the merger.

- Arkans

crazymage
07-07-2005, 10:01 PM
bayne gives his udder support to!

SnatchWrangler
07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah...and me, Scynd, Shadowmane, Unga, and Jaiz just 5 manned LBRS to the first boss.

Got my gem. Got the UBRS key (after one little quest).

FOR THE HORDE!

(FYI - From what I know...we now have one of only about 10-12 keys on the Horde side, and a key is the only way into UBRS. Also...some of those 10-12 keys have probably been lost/destroyed since they're soulbound and some people that had them have since left.)

So, now it's on. This a real good thing for our guild.

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 08:50 AM
So how is the guild set-up going to work?
4 on the council.
Who can invite to the guild?
That going to be the preserve of council only? Or are others going to be able to do that?

SnatchWrangler
07-12-2005, 09:17 AM
So how is the guild set-up going to work?
4 on the council.
Who can invite to the guild?
That going to be the preserve of council only? Or are others going to be able to do that?

The actual title of GM will be arbitrary. Basically we'll name the GM rank, and the rank under it the same thing (ie, "Elders" "Councilmen" or something to that effect.)

The rank below that (3rd rank) will be the officers. Since we barely broke the surface of exploring what the expanded ranks can do...I deferred to Scynd on this one. He said he checked it out in his guild, and that this level can indeed send guild invites, so there would be a level of officers that can invite as well.

I guess will come up with the actual names of the ranks at a later day. Although it is safe to say, that the rank of "Milk Maid" will be thrown out.

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
So when are we voting on the council?

theotherjohn
07-12-2005, 09:28 AM
So when are we voting on the council?

Didnt you know that PB and Alorg are the council members for TBF?

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Go away irritating person.

SnatchWrangler
07-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I was under the assumption that it was myself and Bayne for TBF, and Scynd and Ungadingo from BotB. More people would be added to the council some time in the future if there is any need for it (ie, someone is inactive, the guild for some reason gets much better, possibly add a 5th member so a vote never ends in a tie, etc.).

Does anyone have any problems with this? If so, I'd like to know why, and you're more than welcome to put it to a vote.

Hulkein
07-12-2005, 09:47 AM
I think you both have the best interest of the guild in mind, so I think you two being in the council and voting on matters is fine.

Just keep us in the know about stuff so you can get input.

CrystalTears
07-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Just as long as there are no cow rank names, and people don't start the demoting/promoting all the time, I'm fine with that. Once in a while is cute, but I hope now in a bigger group, we have some decorum and not do that all the time?! :D

Littlefang
07-12-2005, 09:52 AM
See Stabbed is a meanie and always turns poor Clairesse into a milkmaid. That and he killed Spot last night. Shame on him!!

LF

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Fuck spot...he (stabbers) killed me in ZF

I wanted to vote Sota to the Council

[Edited on 12-7-05 by Nieninque]

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I dont have a problem with either of you being on the council, the thing that irks a little is that there was discussion about whether we merge, there was/is discussion about the name, there appers to be discussion about everything else but that was just arbitrary.

SnatchWrangler
07-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I dont have a problem with either of you being on the council, the thing that irks a little is that there was discussion about whether we merge, there was/is discussion about the name, there appers to be discussion about everything else but that was just arbitrary.

I see your point. But to me it seemed logical, that since Bayne is the current GM, and it was my relationship with Scynd that fostered the merge (he approached me about it), that we would compose our side of it.

I've always had the guild's best interests in mind, and felt like I needed to push at times to get people to do things (How many times have I nagged you or Bayne to go on a guild raid? Or taunted/bribed the level 30s and 40s with promises of new gear if they stop "slacking" off?) It's not like we'll be voting on anything earth shattering.

CrystalTears
07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Lord knows we don't vote or talk about who we invite to the guild. :P

Gigantuous
07-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Heya, are you guys on the dunemaul server?

I've got a WoW account, and made a guy for the Alliance on Dunemaul (I think, hell it's been so long since I've played I don't remember anymore). I got really turned off b/c the guild I joined (all GS or ex-GS people) didn't communicate at all, and I was basically out there on my own trying to figure shit out.

I'm not saying I'd come back and want to be led by the hand, but if I had something to work towards (getting to 20 or 30 or w/e and joining your guild), I'd probably invest more time into WoW than what I have so far (which is to say, hardly any at all).

theotherjohn
07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Gigantuous

I have a guild on Dunemaul alliance side.

The name is Carpe Diem.

CrystalTears
07-12-2005, 10:30 AM
He said he wanted help with HIS character, not your level 60. :P

[Edited on 7/12/2005 by CrystalTears]

Trouble
07-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Gigantuous

I've got a WoW account, and made a guy for the Alliance on Dunemaul (I think, hell it's been so long since I've played I don't remember anymore). I got really turned off b/c the guild I joined (all GS or ex-GS people) didn't communicate at all, and I was basically out there on my own trying to figure shit out.

I'm not saying I'd come back and want to be led by the hand, but if I had something to work towards (getting to 20 or 30 or w/e and joining your guild), I'd probably invest more time into WoW than what I have so far (which is to say, hardly any at all).

I just started playing WoW about a month ago (the day after I got home from Simucon, heh) and TBF has been great for me. They haven't made things easy for me, yet they've helped out by answering questions and sending me potions and bags.

I never really knew any of the Dunemaul gang before I started playing WoW, even in GS & PC. They've taken me in nicely. Most of the people I know from GS/PC are Alliance on Argent Dawn, and I wanted to try the "real" experience, so I came here instead. In hindsight, a priest probably wasn't the best class to learn PvP with though... heh.

SnatchWrangler
07-12-2005, 12:16 PM
In hindsight, a priest probably wasn't the best class to learn PvP with though... heh.

It's always tough in the beginning. Frankly, I thought rogues were terrible until I hit level 30 and things started to fall into place then.

Learning your talents and what does/doesn't work is huge. Also, it's much easier to level up/PvP as a shadowpriest, and respec later to holy if you want.

There's a few capped priests in BotB (the guild we're merging with). They're both really nice guys, and I'm sure could offer you some advice if you're having some difficulties.

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 12:24 PM
We also have a capped priest in TBF :prod Alorg:

Gigantuous: We are a horde guild so you would need to reroll your character if you wished to join us, or as Toj has said he has a guild on the Alliance side, failing that thre are some good alliance guilds you could join.

Alorg: If I were to vote, I would have voted for you and stabbers. I am not making a launch for leadership. I said in game yesterday that I want no more, nor no less than I have now. All I am concerned about is that it seemed like an uneasy secret that was disclosed in passing. When everything else had been discussed it was strange that this wasnt.
No biggie and I'm done.
I'm happy with how it is.

Parkbandit
07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Fuck spot...he (stabbers) killed me in ZF

I wanted to vote Sota to the Council

[Edited on 12-7-05 by Nieninque]

That was seriously fucked up. When you say I killed you.. I REALLY DID KILL YOU.

I used the mind control hat on some spell caster inside Zul and it somehow reversed and she controlled me! I was beating the SHIT out of Lefallah but couldn't stop it.

I didn't even know what I was doing until I looked back at the combat log and sure enough.. I was attacking you.

Sorry :(

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I cried in RL :sniffle:

SnatchWrangler
07-12-2005, 12:32 PM

He's 59 unless he capped this morning. And Unga and Moras have been at cap a LONG time. Moras seems incredibly knowledable, and Unga is/was the best healer I'd ever grouped with.

All I am concerned about is that it seemed like an uneasy secret that was disclosed in passing. When everything else had been discussed it was strange that this wasnt.

Definately didn't mean for it be a secret. I guess I got so caught up in the planning and discussions I just sort of assumed it. I'd spoke with guild members that rarely post here in game about it, and the majority that do post here gave an affirmative response to it. I was leading the push in game for it, and with Dar gone for nearly a month, crazymage with first saying he wasn't coming along, as well as not being capped, with Sade being on rarely...I just kinda assumed it was myself and Bayne.

I'm happy with how it is.

Good. :smilegrin:

Nieninque
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM

He's 59 unless he capped this morning. And Unga and Moras have been at cap a LONG time. Moras seems incredibly knowledable, and Unga is/was the best healer I'd ever grouped with.

He is 60...capped yesterday.
Pay attention

Parkbandit
07-12-2005, 12:38 PM

and Unga is/was the best healer I'd ever grouped with.

That hurts. Alot.

Parkbandit
07-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I cried in RL :sniffle:

ROFL

SnatchWrangler
07-12-2005, 12:42 PM

That hurts. Alot.

According to the numbers on our last UBRS raid, Dar is better than Bayne. Bayne finished 4th in healing...and I finished 5th (crusader and lifestealing enchants).

Congrats on finishing one spot about a rogue, cow. :lol:

Trouble
07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
It's always tough in the beginning. Frankly, I thought rogues were terrible until I hit level 30 and things started to fall into place then.

Learning your talents and what does/doesn't work is huge. Also, it's much easier to level up/PvP as a shadowpriest, and respec later to holy if you want.

There's a few capped priests in BotB (the guild we're merging with). They're both really nice guys, and I'm sure could offer you some advice if you're having some difficulties.

Yeah, it'll just take time and practice. The main things I need to learn are: to not panic; to know which of my spells do what; and when to use them. Oh, and to not panic.

I've been reading up on various WoW boards on how priests handle PvP. I learned how to be a passable healer from those boards (again, if I don't panic). I'll bug some of the guild priests once the dust settles from the merger.

I've reached a stopping point in the holy talents (wanted Subtley for reduced healing aggro and that thing that lets you cast flash heal while still getting hit), so I was thinking of going for some shadow talents next. Mind Flay and Silence sound like great things to have in PvP.

CrystalTears
07-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Yep. I agree. More spell-knowledge, less panic. I have to do that too.

Parkbandit
07-12-2005, 01:21 PM

That hurts. Alot.

According to the numbers on our last UBRS raid, Dar is better than Bayne. Bayne finished 4th in healing...and I finished 5th (crusader and lifestealing enchants).

Congrats on finishing one spot about a rogue, cow. :lol:

In my own defense.. I had changed my CT Raid settings which made it impossible for me to heal someone who wasn't below like 20% of their health. Don't ask me how I did it.. but it took me a good half hour to figure out what the fuck kept interrupting my healing.

And Dar sucks. Let's be honest.

Gigantuous
07-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Downloaded: 99.25 MB ouot of 190.12 MB.

I should log in more often just to keep up with the updates. =/

07-12-2005, 02:32 PM
And Dar sucks. Let's be honest.

:lol: You fucker.

Parkbandit
07-12-2005, 10:24 PM
As of 10:15pm this evening, TBF and BotB have merged and become the Hounds of Rexxar!

To join the new guild, just use /gquit to leave TBF and whisper to either Scynd, Bayne, Alorg or Fetid to get in. If you are whispering to Scynd or Fetid, let them know you were in TBF and wish to join HoR.

See you there!

TheRoseLady
07-12-2005, 10:36 PM
See you there!

:missu:

Nieninque
07-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady

See you there!

:missu: