PDA

View Full Version : The return...

Edaarin
09-26-2003, 02:52 PM
It was a nice couple of months while it lasted. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to bust on his BS again.

Gzinta [subdued]: "Gzinta Mystery Knapsack. Lotsa stuff I had in my locker. Sometin Vultite, Sometin Magical, sometin fer everyone...and, I think, 5 notes in dere. Bid like ya want it. MB:0 CB:0"

Soulpieced
09-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Gzinta is quite possibly the originator of bullshit mystery items/auctions, and should be banned. Thanks.

StrayRogue
09-26-2003, 03:01 PM
So I guess its a good idea NOT to buy from him, yeah?

Artha
09-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Bid 5 coins. You'll almost definately make some sort of profit if you win on a bid like that.

Skirmisher
09-26-2003, 04:47 PM
My God almighty.

Barnum was right.

People never learn

GS4Gurl
09-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Gzinta. Oh how funny. That reminds me of the time I was sitting invisible in front of the bank. Some idiot bought one of Gzintas mystery bags. It had nothing but crap gems and crap critter leather in it, apparently. Gzinta asked the guy to get on the net and say it had nice items in it. The guy wouldn't do it for him.

GSTamral
09-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Gzinta is a pathological liar. Quite much the same as Khenan and his mystery box scam.

Gzinta will fill a box with crap, sell it to someone for a mil, then offer them 300k or something back to announce on the amunet that they just got some great stuff in the box

Adhara
09-26-2003, 05:49 PM
That's awful. Why do people even buy mystery stuff anyway? Doesn't it sound suspicious when the seller won't give you the details about what you're buying?

Artha
09-26-2003, 05:59 PM
I'd take his money, say it, get the money, then say that he paid me. In fact, I just might bid on something of his to do just that.

Weedmage Princess
09-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
That's awful. Why do people even buy mystery stuff anyway? Doesn't it sound suspicious when the seller won't give you the details about what you're buying?

I agree wholeheartedly. I can't feel too much sympathy for someone who actually bids that kind of silver on something like that.

Faellyn
09-26-2003, 07:25 PM
When I was young and foolish I bought a mystery bag and there was stuff worth more than I paid in it, I don't remember the details anymore, but I was VERY happy with it. No one should ever do a legit mystery container anymore, there are too many people abusing it, and it only encourages the young and foolish to buy them :(

Adhara
09-26-2003, 07:28 PM
I see it as a gambling game where the odds are *definitely* in the favor of the House. I can only see a customer actually winning if the seller is good-natured and bored.

Weedmage Princess
09-26-2003, 07:53 PM
It is too bad, because I believe there are a few people out there who would legitimately sell off a mystery item with nice things in it. But like someone else mentioned, they're weigh outnumbered by creeps who want to fill a backpack with crap and sell it for a million silver.

Call me pessimistic...but hey I know what I see.

Warriorbird
09-26-2003, 08:15 PM
:shrugs: I sometimes sell bags with mystery alters in. Why? Often quicker than flat out selling them. I'm honest about it. Most people, however...I always ask to see what I'm buying before I purchase.

Reyek
09-26-2003, 08:20 PM
I dont know why people buy mystery items. Buyer beware i guess

Artha
09-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Heh, that reminds me of this one time I bid on a mystery backpack with something worth 'up to a million coins' inside. Inside was a package from a store and an acantha leaf. I said no, and the person made a big deal out of it, and so I bloodbursted her and she brought in her 'boyfriend' (read: other character) to attack me, but he barely warded me. So, I bloodbursted her until I ran out of mana.

AnticorRifling
09-26-2003, 09:33 PM
I've sold one mystery item

Selling a mystery weapon. It's a 2x OHE, rune etched, dwarven made, and has heavy crit weighting.

Ended up selling it for a mil.

It wasn't the rune-etched dwarven broadsword everyone thought. It was the rune-etched dwarven scimitar and I had purchased it for 200k.

Sente
09-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Just a question out of curiousity.

2 or 3 years back I remember the Gzinta mystery notes. I know a lot of people were eager to bid on them. My friend and hunting partner at that time told me it was legit.

Does this all mean Gzinta was just a good con artist (using MA, friends or paying people off) and all them super notes were a fake?

Never bought his or any one else's mystery garbage (gee, wonder why) anyhow, but was just curious.

Edaarin
09-29-2003, 07:35 PM
A friend of mine bought a mystery note of his for 3.9m (it was advertised at 3m-30m, and he said bid high). It turned out to be 3m, and he begged her to say it was 15m. This was close to 2 years ago, I think.

Betheny
09-30-2003, 08:55 AM
I bought a mystery note for 5k once and it was worth 5001 silvers.

A waste of my time, yes, but at least I didn't go broke over it.