PDA

View Full Version : Ring Finger?

Hulkein
06-30-2005, 01:28 AM
If a girl is wearing a ring on her left ring finger, does that always mean she's married or engaged?

What is the common deal here? I never know if a girl is married, engaged, or just wearing a ring there.

Apotheosis
06-30-2005, 01:29 AM
if she's wearing a ring, technically, you can still hit on her.

Edaarin
06-30-2005, 01:31 AM
If there's a rock on it, get the fuck out.

She's either engaged or extremely high maintenance and thus not worth it.

SpunGirl
06-30-2005, 01:44 AM
The history is that that finger is reserved for committment-type rings because the old Greeks thought that the vein in that finger ran directly to the heart. I have no idea if it's not true. Sometimes women just wear rings on that finger, and not all engagement rings are diamonds (I have a friend who had a gorgeous five-carat sapphire).

So yeah, it could mean anything.

-K

Burnt out Priestess
06-30-2005, 02:21 AM
i agree,not all women wear engagement rings or such on that finger,i myself wear a ring on that finger and i am perfectly single.

Caiylania
06-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Just ask her with all sweetness," Does that ring mean I'm in for a one night stand?"

:up:

[Edited on 6-30-2005 by Caiylania]

longshot
06-30-2005, 10:04 PM
If she's asian, it doesn't really matter.

Trust me...

Jazuela
06-30-2005, 10:45 PM
If she follows the traditions of Jewish faith, her wedding band would be on her -right- hand, not her left. I don't know anyone, Jewish or otherwise, who actually adheres to that though.

Also in some cultural/religious traditions, a widow would keep her wedding band on her left hand and switch the engagement to her right hand.

If she's wearing both a wedding band, -and- an engagement (solitaire diamond kinda thing) ring together on her left hand, chances are she's spoken for in one way or another.

So you just never know.

Back
06-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Ring on left? I agree with Ed. If there is no fat rock, it might be a subtle decoy.

Nakiro
06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Left hand ring finger is for commitment rings.

One ring alone should be an engagement ring.

If she is married there should be two rings or a band.

Either way it's an already-taken sign.

Apotheosis
06-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by longshot
If she's asian, it doesn't really matter.

Trust me...

:lol:

Do you ever go to Fusion? (or fuzion) in Sterling Heights?

[Edited on 7-1-2005 by Yswithe]

Sylvan Dreams
07-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Typically, in the US, the wedding ring and engagement ring go on the left hand, third finger. I think it was the Egyptians that started that, as a vein supposedly leads from there directly to the heart.

However...
South Americans and some Europeans wear their wedding & engagement ring on their RIGHT hand, third finger. I think it's because that's typically the dominant hand that most people see most often.

In my job, it's split 50/50 with where the wedding rings are worn.