PDA

View Full Version : Official: Implosion Fixes

Fallen
06-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Implosion Bug Fixes · on 6/29/2005

Spurred by several posts in the sorcerer category, I went off and took a glance at the implosion code and discovered a very serious bug that seems like it has been around since 2003. While rummaging around in the code I took the time to fix a couple of other bugs I noticed. The following changes were made:

1) Casting Focused Implosion, while in town, at a critter resulted in open implosion being cast instead. This has been fixed. Focused Implosion should NEVER become open implosion regardless of where it is cast or the circumstances.

2) Focused Implosion that resulted in vaporization did not transport the body to the TSC of that town as Open Implosion does. This has been fixed.

For Clarification and Informational Purposes (this applies only to implosion cast in town):

1) When the justice system is off (such as during most invasions), Focused Implosion cast at a critter will not result in fines or arrests of any sort. Focused Implosion cast at another player will result in the usual murder charges if you kill him.

2) When the justice system is on, Focused Implosion will result in a charge of "endangering public safety" regardless of who it is cast on. If it is cast at a player, the normal murder charges apply if you kill him.

4) When the justice system is off, Open Implosion being cast will result in an open implosion. If you kill another player with OI while the justice system is off, you will still be charged for murder.

5) When the justice system is on, Open Implosion being cast in town will result in the spell targeting the caster, and a charge of endangering public safety. You will not be charged with murder for causing your own death. You will, however, be laughed at.

In conclusion: casting the spell in town when justice is on will result in a charge of endangering public safety and possibly murder if you end up killing someone. Casting the spell when justice is off will not result in any charges unless you kill someone by either casting FI at them, or casting an open implosion that kills them.

Nilven

Fallen
06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Nilven is the MAN.

Atlanteax
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
He needs to nerf it against other characters though.

Gan
06-29-2005, 10:53 PM
5) When the justice system is on, Open Implosion being cast in town will result in the spell targeting the caster, and a charge of endangering public safety. You will not be charged with murder for causing your own death. You will, however, be laughed at.

:lol:

I laugh because my sorcerer has done that by hitting enter before typing the targets name. DOH!!!

Skirmisher
06-29-2005, 10:54 PM
No way jose.:medieval:

Trinitis
06-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Wait wait...Skirmy is a Sorceress?

If this is the case, she just moved up a few more notches on my hawtness scale. :heart:

Skirmisher
06-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Implosion is my friend! :devil:

Atlanteax
06-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin

If this is the case, she just moved up a few more notches on my hawtness scale. :heart:

She just sunk like a rock on mine! :P

Skirmisher
06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
And i had not mentioned your ties in days!
:cry:

Atlanteax
06-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
And i had not mentioned your ties in days!
:cry:

Psssft... you would had soon enough! :P

Skirmisher
06-29-2005, 11:19 PM
You have no proof of that and for that I shall hit you with this fish.
:fish:

Atlanteax
06-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
You have no proof of that and for that I shall hit you with this fish.
:fish:

Hmm... I think you got the hots for me! :devilsmile:

AnticorRifling
06-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Not a bad fix, nothing to major but an annoyance I've heard several sorcerer's talk about. Glad to see things like this are being addressed.

imported_Eoghain
07-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Wait, why on earth would an open implosion in town target the caster? That makes little sense IC-wise.

Jolena
07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Perhaps there is a magical force of some sort in the town that causes the caster's magic to rebound against himself? :shrug:

Fallen
07-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Wait, why on earth would an open implosion in town target the caster? That makes little sense IC-wise. >>

My understanding is the local government was sick of sorcerers killing droves of people by opening voids in populated areas. They then placed defensive wards upon the city limits, which block certain magics, and restrict others.

Why Major E-wave and Meteor Storm are allowed? I have no idea.

Asha
07-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Woohoo, transport corpses to safety while creating some extra work for the empaths.
Ya sure have got ya finger on the sorcerer pulse, Fallen.

DeV
07-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Adredrin

If this is the case, she just moved up a few more notches on my hawtness scale. :heart: Late comer!

:D

<3 j00.