PDA

View Full Version : Maliki 2:3

Jahira
06-29-2005, 07:00 PM
I think that is the right verse. I was just introduced to the verse and thought it was pretty amusing.

If you look it up, it should say something along the lines of if you do not obey god he will throw the dung that is sitting in a cow intestine in your face.

Check it out.

Latrinsorm
06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Malachi. :)

Some versions are more.. colorful than others.

theotherjohn
06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Sorry what bible do you read that talked about a cow?

vulgate

ecce ego proiciam vobis brachium et dispergam super vultum vestrum stercus sollemnitatum vestrarum et adsumet vos secum

King James

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, [even] the dung of your solemn feasts; and [one] shall take you away with it.

New Living Testatement

I will rebuke your descendants and splatter your faces with the dung of your festival sacrifices, and I will add you to the dung heap.

New King James

Behold, I will rebuke your descendants
And spread refuse on your faces,
The refuse of your solemn feasts;
And one will take you away with it

New American Standard; Webster

Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

Young

Lo, I am pushing away before you the seed, And have scattered dung before your faces, Dung of your festivals, And it hath taken you away with it.

Darby

Behold, I will rebuke your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, the dung of your feasts; and they shall take you away with it.

American Standard

Behold, I will rebuke your seed, and will spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your feasts; and ye shall be taken away with it.

Makkah
06-29-2005, 09:04 PM
answered your own question about 5 times, chief:

"the dung of your feasts"

Latrinsorm
06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Cow intestines are hardly feasts, even for nomads.

Kuyuk
06-29-2005, 11:28 PM
<<Cow intestines are hardly feasts, even for nomads.>>

Think again.

Read up on sausages and Bung casings.

K.

Jahira
06-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Whatever version was read to me the translation on the side said that the word they used for dung was actually the fecal matter sitting inside the animal before actually being released.