PDA

View Full Version : Edgeleaf

Warriorbird
05-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Has he sold out? Has he taken the step that he said he wouldn't take? Conceded "defeat"? What is your opinion of people leaving before the changes are in?

Siefer
05-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Let them leave/sell/whatever. Just remember it's Simu that sold out. They sold out the player base and I hope they go bankrupt.

Warriorbird
05-30-2003, 11:49 PM
How? Should they have left an undeveloped game? I'm not keen on all the changes, but the need for something new and different to attract new blood is obvious.

Parkbandit
06-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Has he sold out? Has he taken the step that he said he wouldn't take? Conceded "defeat"? What is your opinion of people leaving before the changes are in?

LOL... you make Edgeleaf sound like you have him up on some high pedestal... that he was the last bastion of great roleplaying, truth and honor.

Warriorbird
06-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Sometimes all of us can be kind.

Gokkem
06-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Edgeleaf is not the bad guy everyone makes him out to be. For the longest time I didn't like him. We had fought, I hated his open ma'ing (I ma'd too, but wasn't so blatant about it), his posts and opinions are at times WAY out there.

But then I got to know him. For the last year we've spent alot of online time together, and even started playing a new mud together (that lasted about 2 months, we both got bored). He started playing this game 2 weeks before me, so had already acquired some wealth. He shared it all with me, totally set up my character. He's considerate, and just a nice all around guy. He'd do anything for his friends. He's just very outspoken, and has no trouble telling you how he thinks it is, no matter how flawed it may be. I give someone credit for standing behind their beliefs and opinions; so many people don't. I'm not justifying things he said and did, but he believed in it that's all that matters.

To answer your question about sold out....I'm pretty sure he has not. At least not yet. As much as I like the guy, I agree he needs to be done with GS and I think he's purged it from his life. I spoke with him a few days ago and he was spending all his waking time with his son.

I wish him well. Trying to talk him into playing DAoC with me, but we'll see.

GOD
06-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Ya, what Gokkem said, Edge aint a bad person at all, i mean, him and me went though our times of not likeing eachother, haha, god let me tell you we did, but through and trhough he's a good guy, a good person, and i'm glad to call him my friend for sure, and i'm glad to hear he's spendin time with his son and not GS..., i dont get online much anymore, and not sure if he still reads the PC but if he does i'd just like to say whats up man, and i hope things are goin good for u in ur life bro.

Ben
06-03-2003, 05:07 AM
Sorry I stole your immolation weapon, Edgeleaf!

Red Devil
06-03-2003, 11:04 AM
SHIT TE SCAREROW IS BAK

ps, ben your a fag

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by Red Devil]

AnticorRifling
06-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Me and Edge have always gotten along. I'll say this, he's passionate about things he agrees with or disagrees with and it shows in his writing. I know he always took time to give me some good advice about training paths etc. Only bumped into him a handful of times in game and it was always us just sitting around BS'ing.

GS4Gurl
06-03-2003, 01:59 PM
We miss you Edge. Or actually maybe you haven't left but are posting under a different name now? RedDevil?

Oh well who knows.

:: stirs the pot again ::

Gokkem
06-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Sorry I stole your immolation weapon, Edgeleaf!

God damnit that wasn't his immolation weapon. He traded my 10x cold flaring longsword for that immolation weapon. Then it got stolen, guess who ate it? I DID! I WANT MY 30 MIL BACK DAMNIT.

Red Devil
06-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl
We miss you Edge. Or actually maybe you haven't left but are posting under a different name now? RedDevil?

Oh well who knows.

:: stirs the pot again ::

FFS, first i was sean, now i'm edgeleaf?

It's obvious you dont know edgeleaf

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by Red Devil]

Warriorbird
06-03-2003, 02:58 PM
For all the stuff I could say about either...

they're definitely not the same person.

Gokkem
06-03-2003, 03:41 PM
LOL absolutely no way are they the same person.

Ben
06-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Wow 30m for that thing? you got ripped off.

Gokkem
06-03-2003, 07:58 PM
I haven't played in a long time, but at the time 30m for 10x cold flaring zested rolaren longsword wasn't too much. Who do you play in game Ben?

Ben
06-03-2003, 08:41 PM
I'm banned

GS4Gurl
06-04-2003, 12:30 AM
I was jus playin I know yer not Edge. hehe

Caels
06-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Wow, I'm actually surprised to see so much support for Edge here. While he was here it seemed everyone could only hate him.

Edge left the game for his son, which is very commendable in my opinion. He left these boards for the sake of the boards. While I do not agree that him being present ever negatively affected the Players' Corner, I cannot force him to be a volunteer (and I would if I could). Edge wants to become a better person, and he feels that leaving behind all attachments to GemStone and Simutronics is the best method for him. On a side note, for someone who said that they would never leave GemStone, he was always trying to leave it. Apparently he finally succeeded.

As far as quitting GemStone goes, I haven't played in months, and its not because of the game or Simutronics. I just got bored with it and decided I had better things to do with my time. Right now I have 3 projects going at once, which is still more than I can really handle, so things happen slowly for me.

Makkah
06-04-2003, 07:06 PM
<<Apparently he finally succeeded. >>

So he did sell Edgeleaf?

rht

Caels
06-04-2003, 07:30 PM
He did not sell Edgeleaf, he gave it to a friend of his.

edge
06-04-2003, 07:43 PM
I didn't sell Edgeleaf. I have a life that Gemstone is not a part of. Which is a great thing. I am moving to Florida mid-July to start a business with my father. Till then I spend every day with my son.

Took a long time to get rid of Gemstone, but it's a great feeling not to have this ball & chain dragging me down anymore.

Makkah
06-04-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm glad for you, edge. Takes a lot.

We've had quarrels, but I am glad you've toned it down a bit.

rht

Taernath
06-05-2003, 01:41 AM
Congrats Edge. We didn't always see eye to eye but I wish you and your son the best.

edge
06-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Ya, I am going to be a couple hours from where Caels lives. Yer in trouble now! God, I look forward to never seeing another winter in my life.

Things are going good, I will try and visit the corner more often. But I can't make any promises....cya

Black Jesus
06-16-2003, 11:52 AM
florida's no fun after awhile... stay away from NASCAR fans

Haashek
08-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I have great respect for Edge. Like all of us he isnt perfect but sometimes made decisions he felt to be the lesser of evils. I know he didnt sell but he did hint of doing something different. And if he gave it to a friend cool. We all ought to respect Edge for his accomplishments. I thank him for helping me with imbeddings spells and enchants. He's a good man

Scott
08-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Haashek
I have great respect for Edge. Like all of us he isnt perfect but sometimes made decisions he felt to be the lesser of evils. I know he didnt sell but he did hint of doing something different. And if he gave it to a friend cool. We all ought to respect Edge for his accomplishments. I thank him for helping me with imbeddings spells and enchants. He's a good man

Don't mistake greed for kindness.

Solkern
08-12-2003, 01:44 AM
I remember always bumping into edge, Him and summir I'd step into the table, slap edge, get webbed by summir, slap edge again, then get slept heh always doing some kinda damn charging, or selling over the net, i still have your damn mage rechargable 103 necklance or something, so if ya still want it back tell me
And remember the duel edge and I had, I was 18, he was like 130 or something, where I "almost won" heh glad you got your life straight, i'm moving pretty soon to NY probally in december, Most likely will be done with gemstone for good by then

longshot
08-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Very few people are ever done with Gemstone.

Edge, I wish you luck in Florida.

edge
08-13-2003, 12:18 PM
I am totally out of Crackstone. GS4 made up my mind. It's hard enough taking breaks and coming back just to learn everything over again. Plus I started a business and focusing on that. I held on as long as I could because of friends. But they all kept leaving unhappy with the lands.

edge

Warriorbird
08-13-2003, 01:15 PM
People move on.

StrayRogue
08-13-2003, 04:43 PM
If you are so over it Edge, why are still so blatantly angry? Why are you even here?

Rowi
08-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Edge and Gokkem, two half brains dont make awhole you two! you need my half too then we get awhole one!

Betheny
08-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Because if you don't have an account you can't post on the official boards?

So... this might be one of the only ways to get the skinny on what's going on still. I guess.

That or his friends still post here. He doesn't sound too angry to me...

edge
08-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Thanks Beth. I do stick around the boards due to friends. But I have been over Crackstone for a while. Just held onto my characters in hopes the love for the game would come back. But never did.

Rowi better treat my bard good or else!

edge

GS4Gurl
08-16-2003, 04:03 PM
I understand Edge's problem. For example the sex was good for the first few years then went boring then bad.. you hang on for a few more years hoping the *SHABANG* will return... but alas it doesnt so time to find fresh bootay. heheheh hee hee

CrystalTears
08-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Heh, and here I thought I had my head in the gutter. With GS4Gurl around, I'm safer. :D

StrayRogue
08-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Nice analogy GS4Gurl.