PDA

View Full Version : WOW pvp change

AkMan
06-27-2005, 11:07 PM
"Honor system reward item’s rank requirement will now be based on a characters highest lifetime rank rather than the character’s current rank. "

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=3782632&

Basically you don't have to maintain your rank in pvp now to get the rewards. As it is right now you could get high rank and get the uber rewards, but if you didn't consistenly pvp you would lose the rank and your items. This change is long overdue and I'm glad Blizzard listened to the people.

Edited to fix link.

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by AkMan]

Doyle Hargraves
06-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Hell yeah.

That maintaining rank shit wasn't worth a fuck.

Odups
06-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Aww, I personally liked that requirement. Makes someone relying on PvP gear work to keep it. Kind of a "you made your bed, now lie in it" sorta deal. But it will be nice for fellow guildies to not worry about that.

kheldarin
06-28-2005, 04:38 AM
Fuck..yes.

Keller
06-28-2005, 06:16 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

And I here I thought I was going to spend the next month and a half being an instance whore to get nice gear. Daredevil -- you're fucking mine!

Nieninque
06-28-2005, 06:57 AM
She's fucking your what?

Tsa`ah
06-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Odups
Aww, I personally liked that requirement. Makes someone relying on PvP gear work to keep it. Kind of a "you made your bed, now lie in it" sorta deal. But it will be nice for fellow guildies to not worry about that.

Except that most of the PvP gear I've seen isn't on par with the end game gear you can instance farm.

I'm indifferent about it either way.

Nieninque
06-28-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Except that most of the PvP gear I've seen isn't on par with the end game gear you can instance farm.

I'm indifferent about it either way.

The field marshal sets are nice...and comparable to end-game instance sets.

theotherjohn
06-28-2005, 07:31 AM

I agree I liked the old requirement.

Skeeter
06-28-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm down with this. I never bothered to pvp because I knew I wouldn't be able to consistantly maintain any ranks I was able to achieve. Now I may spend a week constantly pvp'ing just to see how high I can get.

CrystalTears
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
This is great for casual players who can still be involved in the PvP and not have to devote constant hours to keep the rank. I'm all for it, being a casual player and all. :)

Odups
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Now, how's the ranking going to work after this patch? Are you going against people and their CP's just that week? Or are you trying to catch up to lifetime totals? I'd hope the system doesn't allow basically anyone willing to devote a week or two to PvP, to get the top notch gear.

CrystalTears
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Does it really only take a week or two to reach the top rank? Why do I keep hearing the term "months" to reach like rank 14?

Aren't we being just a little paranoid because the people who obsess about PvP will need to share ranks with casual players who can't or don't play 100 hours a week?

Nieninque
06-28-2005, 10:42 AM
It takes longer than a couple of weeks to get to top spot.
Considering noone has reached top spot yet on Dunemaul ( I dont think) and we have had, what...a month? of the honor system? So that was without anyone else to contend for the ranks with. When the ranks are full to their quota, it will be longer I would imagine to hit top spot.

CrystalTears
06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah I imagine the competition is going to be fierce once everyone is competing for the ranks, knowing that they won't be lost the second they stop.

I think this will actually encourage more people to PvP, thus make it more challenging rather than just a skip in the park some are making it out to be.

Nieninque
06-28-2005, 10:52 AM
It will do, but the bulk of Honor will still come in the BGs, so it shouldnt make too much of a change to the questing areas (fingers crossed)

06-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Skeeter
I'm down with this. I never bothered to pvp because I knew I wouldn't be able to consistantly maintain any ranks I was able to achieve. Now I may spend a week constantly pvp'ing just to see how high I can get.

My thoughts exactly. I really didn't want to bother with the gear if it was only usable if I'd killed 200 Alliance that week.

Numbers
06-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I think this is a great change.

I've already lost one rank from lack of PvP (from Knight-Captain to Knight-Lieutenant) and therefore lost the ability to wear two pieces of my PvP armor set.

I'd gotten bored of the Battlegrounds, and realized that there was no way I'd be able to compete with the losers who spend 10 to 18 hours a day in there (who are all already Marshals, and will probably be Grand Marshals in two or three weeks.)

Hopefully with this change, it'll be possible to eventually get the highest rank, as those who do reach the highest rank will eventually slow down and give other people a chance.

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by 3704558]