PDA

View Full Version : Law Sucketh

Morstanya
09-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Has anyone else looked at the rules for the new Justice System and had to run fast for the nearest trash can or toilet to hurl their beets ? I can't figure out why they think some of that is a good idea. Sometimes I actually think they use bad ideas knowing they are bad, just to change SOMEthing, or to "change" their mind about it later when the populace hates it, thus demonstrating how responsive they are to our needs (when they never really liked it much in the first place).

So, you can't cast a web on someone without getting accused of a crime ? A crime. Be sure to understand, it's a crime. So imagine this scenario:

Punk: walks in and kicks you, and bites you, and whatever else he can get away with even though your demeanor is set to reserved.

You: web Punk and start to explain to them that it's not a good idea to behave like that.

Punk: accuses you, and then uses warn.

You: get tossed in jail, and now can't even so much as speak to this moron.

Now if you would, please compare that scenario to what would happen if some punk did that to me with the current justice system:

Punk: walks in and kicks you, and bites you, and whatever else he can get away with even though your demeanor is set to reserved.

You: web punk and start to explain to them that it's not a good idea to behave like that.

Punk: has a choices now- stop doing stupid things and actually listen and maybe even benefit from it, leave, warn me which I won't care about at all cause it forces him to bugger off, or continue to be a jerk and get webbed (or worse) again.

Which version makes more sense ? Not only should players handle their own problems, but it detracts greatly from the rp atmosphere to tell someone like a witch, "Don't handle things yourself, whine to the law". The best choice for me in that first scenario would be to accuse them (under Gs4 rules) when they kicked me, and then warn them. I don't know about you, but I've never used accuse or warn. Being forced to do so takes away a rp element from the game. This prospect is quite disgusting to me. I can see all manner of ways punks will abuse this new justice system, and you and I both know that they WILL take advantage of them.

I've seen some real turdballs run out of towns in the past, that couldn't even be touched in an IC manner under this system. They'll run free, they'll graze on our rp ! It's open season on "IC people" for all you Punks !

Down with the Law, Down with the Constable, Let anarchy reign !

Morstanya, Witch of the North and Future Outlaw.

Artha
09-26-2003, 11:28 AM
It'll probably end up like stealing, where you can steal from people, and when someone sees, they only occasionally acuse. I've been spotted about 5 times and accused all of two.

You could probably mind jolt them out of existance too, or did they make that one illegal also?

Morstanya
09-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Far as I know anything like jolt, web, or you name it, will be accusable. So what they are doing is taking your option to rp the situation out of your hands.

Mors, still grumpy

Artha
09-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Well, only if you don't RP with words too. You could always let the threat hang over their heads. I doubt it will be a big fine, though. Maybe 50 coins, like pick pocketing.

Morstanya
09-26-2003, 11:43 AM
Two things, it might not be a big fine, but a record of repeat offenses could turn into a real problem. Secondly, it's the entire notion that players should whine to the law about something as silly as a kicking instead of handling it themselve that peeves me. Attempting to handle it yourself leaves you open to becoming the 'bad guy', which to me is ludicrous.

Mors

[Edited on 9-26-2003 by Morstanya]

Artha
09-26-2003, 11:47 AM
Well, nothing is written in stone yet. There's 2 things you can do if you really want it change.

1.) Write something on the official boards (Discussion about the New Gemstone or whatever it's called would probably be the best place), and calmly explain why it's not a good idea.

2.) Pray.

Weedmage Princess
09-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Bombard them with complaints now. You have plenty of time. They've pushed back 4 indefinitely last I've heard...so we're looking at a possible 2025 release date.

Artha
09-26-2003, 01:23 PM
They pushed it back until everything is done...which is good. If they released it with half finished stuff, everyone would bitch about that.

Don't bombard them, though, that's a sure fire way to get stuck in the 'ignore user' list.

Drew2
09-26-2003, 01:24 PM
OMFG When did Artha become moderator???

....I will go shoot myself now kthx.

Artha
09-26-2003, 01:35 PM
I'm only moderator of the alterations forum.

Which pretty much means if you need a show description for the bullet, I've got one for you.

Drew2
09-26-2003, 01:37 PM
I think Moderators should at least be old enough to vote.

GemstoneFan
09-26-2003, 01:38 PM
GS4 has been pushed back indefinitely? Wow....

I was thinking it was gonna finally actually come out in Oct. some time....

Drew2
09-26-2003, 01:39 PM
They said something along the lines of "At least a month after Sept. 15" which translates into "Whenever we get around to it"

Morstanya
09-26-2003, 01:44 PM
All you have to do is get on the Beta server and test various things to see it 's no where near ready.

Morstanya

Bobmuhthol
09-26-2003, 03:35 PM
The justice system is pretty stupid. After being arrested five times, I no longer had the option of being incarcerated or doing community service. Hell, they refused to even kill me. No matter what it's a fine now.

Artha
09-26-2003, 03:41 PM
I know for a fact that most DEV GMs are working on it. The OSGMs are working on the front end.

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 03:45 PM
I don't see a problem with web, bind, etc being accusable, maybe the old folks who have nothing better to do then to web, bind, etc other folks will learn to keep their itchy cast fingers to themselves. Or just learn to speak with words instead of spells.

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 03:46 PM
I also think a punch, slap, kick, etc should be accusable, makes things even and fair.

Artha
09-26-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they are.

Weedmage Princess
09-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Artha
They pushed it back until everything is done...which is good. If they released it with half finished stuff, everyone would bitch about that.

Heh. Well, too bad they didn't take that attitude with guild skills. Or the spell lists. Hell, or Gemstone 3 for that matter. Don't worry, there will be more than just a thing or two left unfinished whenever 4 comes out.

I'm not bitching though. Personally, I'd be pretty glad if it didn't happen.

Artha
09-26-2003, 06:59 PM
too bad they didn't take that attitude with guild skills. Or the spell lists. Hell, or Gemstone 3 for that matter.

See? Ten years after release, and we're still bitching.

Weedmage Princess
09-26-2003, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't call it bitching. Just making a point. All this time and stuff still isn't complete. They say "alright, we're changing this, doing XYZ..." ..then all of a sudden...when they haven't finished doing what they initially set out to do...they say, "Okay, we're scrapping this...and changing EVERYTHING." ..I don't know, I was always taught to finish what I start. Guess I'm alone in that though *shrugs*